Miracle Baby Survives Being Born With No Kidneys
Abigail Beutler is truly a miracle baby. A rare condition called Potter syndrome meant she would be born with no kidneys. With every odd stacked against her, this girl’s fatality was practically a sure thing. But her parent’s refused to give up hope. And God showed that His will is always more powerful than any earthly odds!
Congresswoman Jaime Herrera Beutler and her husband, Dan, walked into their 20-week ultrasound brimming with excitement. But when the face of the ultrasound tech went completely ashen, everything changed.
The doctors told Jaime and Dan that their little girl had no kidneys, a situation that, as they put it, was “incompatible with life.”
“She will either be stillborn, you’ll miscarry or she will suffocate in your arms after she is born,” Jaime says she was told.
Jaime and Dan were faced with a choice — end the pregnancy now or wait for nature to take its course? Yet, as the doctors were explaining that there was a 0% chance of survival, Jaime could feel her baby girl kicking inside of her all the while.
The shock of the devastating news left the couple in no condition to make any decisions that day. They went home to process all of the information that had been discussed, where Jaime collapsed in a wave of emotion.
“We got home and we just lost it,” Jaime says. “I remember sitting on the floor sobbing and Dan comes over and puts his arm around me … So in my mind I’m starting to feel like, ‘They tell us with 100 percent certainty she will not live. Yet she’s alive right now.’ How do you square that in your mind? You don’t. You totally lose it.”
The couple sought opinions from more doctors, only to receive the same grim prognosis. So, Jaime and Dan decided to step out on faith, deciding they weren’t going to give up on their baby. . . or God. Instead, they chose to pray earnestly for a miracle.
As a U.S. Representative, they’d only just announced Jaime’s pregnancy to the public. Had that not been the case, the couple would have chosen to keep the dire situation a private matter. But now, the devastated parents had no choice but to announce the terrible news as well.
Though it seemed like terrible timing then, God had a very special purpose for making Jaime and Dan’s grief so public.
Word of the couple’s struggle was picked up by the press. And while Rob Volmer — President of a public relations company in Washington, D.C. — rarely picks up USA Today, he just so happened to be thumbing through a copy at a hotel while he was waiting for a client to show up.
That’s when he stumbled upon Jaime’s story. Although, that was no coincidence, but all part of God’s beautiful plan as well!
RELATED: After being put in a freezer bag, this little miracle is turning one!
You see, Rob had been through a very similar situation, though for a different disease.
“I thought, ‘I know the doctors are wrong but she’s not going to believe me. I have to find someone to get an introduction to me,’ ” Rob recalled.
His son’s life had been saved by amnio infusions of saline into his wife’s uterus. The kidneys are responsible for producing the amniotic fluid needed for overall development of the fetus, especially the lungs. Because little Abigail had no kidneys, the rest of her body was not developing. But because of the experience with his son, Rob knew the saline injections were capable of providing the fluid that was missing.
Rob didn’t give up until he was able to pass the information along to Jaime. He put her in touch with the doctor that had helped him — Dr. Jessica Bienstock, a perinatologist at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore.
Despite the success with Rob’s son, Dr. Bienstock was very skeptical that the saline injections would do any good. That’s because the ultrasound revealed that little Abigail already had significant deformities as a result of having no kidneys — her head was misshapen, her feet looked clubbed and her chest looked small.
But Jaime and Dan remained faithful.
“The difference between 0 percent hope and .00001 percent hope is enormous,” says Dan.
And God was not finished with this little girl! Just one week later, the doctor said “all of a sudden everything looked good.” Abigail’s head was shaped normally, her chest had grown some, and she was moving all around.
As Jaime continued to go in for weekly treatments, they were blessed to see God doing His amazing work.
“We kept putting fluid in and her chest circumference grew,” Dr. Bienstock says. “We saw Abigail practicing breathing inside.”
So, they kept going. There was no way to track lung development, so Jaime and Dan just continued to put their trust in the Lord and pray for a miracle.
RELATED: God sends a miracle just as these parents are kissing their baby girl goodbye
The true test came with contractions hit Jaime while she was on the House floor, sending her into pre-term labor at 28-weeks. Little Abigail was born on July 15, 2013, weighing only 2 pounds, 12 ounces.
Prepared for the worst, it was a tense moment when Abigail first made her appearance. But just moments later, the tiny warrior let out a cry. . . a cry which meant her lungs were doing their job!
“That’s our miracle,” Jaime thought when she heard that sweet cry.
With her lungs so well developed, doctors then turned their attention to the next hurdle — her lack of kidney function. She had surgery the following day and immediately began dialysis treatments.
The results were an active and stable baby breathing on her own. Abigail was the first baby with Potter syndrome ever known to have survived!
The dialysis continued successfully for nearly three years, as Abigail’s parents waited for the girl to grow big enough for the next step in her treatment. After having been saved by her Heavenly Father, Abigail’s father here on earth was the next to play a vital role in her healing.
Her hero dad had already put his career as a lawyer on hold so that he could stay home as Abigail’s full-time caregiver.
“I wanted to do everything I could to make her life better,” Dan said.
And if that meant donating a kidney, Dan was all for it. And that’s precisely what he did!
Despite being 6-months pregnant, Jaime was right by Abigail’s side the entire time during the weeks she spent in the hospital following the transplant. It was a stark reminder of all the family had been through to get to this point.
“I just stopped and looked at her and said, ‘Oh my goodness. She wasn’t even supposed to be here …and now she’s got this amazing whole life in front of her.’ We’re incredibly blessed and it’s worth it,” Jaime said.
The transplant was a success, which meant the end of Abigail’s dialysis. And today, she’s a happy, healthy toddler.
The same child with no kidneys, that was ruled “incompatible with life” is now a vibrant, living, breathing testament to the power of God’s will!
“The LORD your God is in your midst,
a mighty one who will save;He will rejoice over you with gladness;He will quiet you by His love;He will exult over you with loud singing.”
See what God did for this unwanted baby after doctors said she would die!
Kailyn Lowry is just days away from giving birth to her third child, but unfortunately, her baby daddy, Chris Lopez, has shown no interest in being a hands-on father. Kailyn, however, is hoping that changes.
“Kailyn is praying that Chris has a change of heart and he will want to be a dad after the baby is born. Kailyn’s own father upped and left when she was really young, so she knows what it’s like to grow up without a dad, and she really doesn’t want the same for her baby. Chris has said he wants nothing to do with Kailyn or his child, but she’s hoping against hope that he will change his mind once he sees photos of the baby. Kailyn doesn’t have any desire to get back with Chris romantically, but she thinks it’s really important for their child to have him in his or her life. The thought of her baby having to grow up without a father to guide and love him or her absolutely breaks Kailyn’s heart,” a source close to the Teen Mom 2 star tells HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY.
Recently, Kailyn took a bizarre test to find out the gender of her baby, and if you believe this old wives’ tale, then it looks like she’s expecting a baby girl. So if Chris chooses to not be in the child’s life, then he’s potentially missing out on raising a beautiful baby girl. And that makes us sad, because we all know how much girls adore their fathers. Kailyn doesn’t want her potential daughter to go through the same upbringing she experienced. She’s even angry with Chris for not wanting to be a part of their baby’s life.
“She’s still very, very angry with Chris but she’s trying not to let those emotions take over,” another Teen Mom insider told HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY. “She wants to stay happy and positive for her kids, she hates it when they see her crying. She’s not letting her anger take over but she’s certainly not going to let Chris just skate away on this.”
HollywoodLifers, do YOU think Chris Lopez will have a change of heart after the baby is born? Tell us how you feel below!
We hope these adorable newborn baby wishes will help you welcome your near and dear newborn babies. A baby is the best gift to all parents. With the arrival of a newborn, parents are overcome with happiness and seem to have the greatest gift they could ever have. Nothing in this entire universe can exist that can make parents as happy as having a baby. So, you must convey wishes of congratulations to all of the parents who are your near and dear ones when they give birth to a little baby with a newborn card. You should write messages in the cards to congratulate the parents, as well as convey good wishes to the newborn baby for his or her upcoming bright future. Congratulate the parents on the arrival of a newborn baby in the family! Send warm wishes for the new baby and shower them with your blessings. Some unique new baby congratulations messages are shown below:
Heartfelt Newborn Baby Congratulations Messages
- Congratulations! Now is the time to enjoy your baby’s little feet and baby smell. It will not be there forever, and you should take as many pictures as possible. You will want to miss a single precious moment!
- This is a beautiful time in your life that you will never forget. The birth of your child is something that changes you indefinitely.
- Congratulations on the arrival of your new baby! This new addition will bring you lots of cuddling, fun times and sweet memories. It will be worth the sleepless nights. All the best to your family.
- This might be your first child, but it will certainly not be your last. I can see from your pictures that this is what you were made to do.
- I hope you have a happy and healthy journey ahead of your family. Congratulations!
- Having a new baby changes a wife and husband into a mommy and daddy. As you venture into parenthood together, you will become wiser and more mature, while finding a new profound love for the amazing baby you have produced. Congratulations on the birth of your baby.
- There is nothing sweeter than a baby’s smile. Nothing cuter than a baby’s laugh. And definitely nothing more ear-piercing than a baby’s cry. But I’m sure you will be able to cope with the negatives, enough to be amazed by the positives or raising a baby. Welcome to the most tiring heaven on earth. It’s called parenthood. Congratulations!
- There’s something about babies that make us smile and believe in goodwill to all humans. We feel warm and fuzzy all over and start wishing good wishes for everyone. We look forward to meeting your new baby soon.
- May your new bundle of joy bring happiness into your life and fill a void in your heart. Take pride in loving and raising your little miracle. I know you will be the best dad you can possibly be.
- Take the time to really enjoy your child’s infancy; after all, they do grow up so fast. Congratulations on your new life.
- There is nothing sweeter in this world than the smell of your baby’s breath, happy coos, and gentle kisses. Congratulations on your happy bundle.
What to Write in a Newborn Baby Card
- Congratulations, and welcome to the world of sleepless nights, restless days and mountains of laundry. Just remember: what doesn’t break you will make you a better person.
- Congratulations on the arrival of your double barrel of fun. You have been twice blessed with your newborn twins. It’s going to be double dose of fun, laughter, love and dirty diapers. Enjoy it all!
- Cheers to your growing family. We look forward to celebrating your baby’s arrival with you year after year after year.
- Behold! A miracle has blessed your home. Congratulations on your new baby.
- Babies are a blessing, and you have received one. Congratulations on your little bundle of joy. May the Almighty shine His grace on your entire family!
- In life, it is hard to count blessings in one hand. Today, you received one of the most coveted and special gifts any parent could ever have. I wish to congratulate you and wish you well as you embark on this wonderful parenting journey.
- When that baby was born and it drew its first breath, it was not only it that was given life. It was your relationship as well. Now that there is a baby in the mix, your life will take a completely different curve, it will change. For the better. Because a baby, is always a blessing in any relationship. Congratulations!
- The birth of a baby brings renewed hope in the future. May your family bask in enduring happiness as you embrace parenthood. Congratulations!
- As you welcome your new baby boy, it is my wish and hope that all of the troubles of the world will disappear every time he smiles at you.
- Congratulations! May God bless, guide and watch over you, your baby and your family!
- You have arrived. Your newborn will open a world of wonder and adventure. It will be a world filled with laughter, tears and love. Congratulations and good luck on this new journey.
- Congratulations to the proud parents who have such a sweet baby.
- This is always wonderful news – a new baby! We’re excited for you, and truly thankful that your new baby arrived safe and healthy. Praying for joy, peace and some quiet nights for your family.
- Congratulations to the newest Mama and Papa Bear. Baby Bear seems is perfect!
- Cheers to the new set of parents and their little babe. As you stare with wide-eyed wonder at your sweet baby, friendly reminder that a few years of wide-awake nights will follow. Enjoy it, but let us know if we can help.
- Congratulations on your newest addition. It’s really cool when you start seeing parts of yourself in your little one. It’s the ultimate reward of parenthood.
- Welcome to the world, Baby ______. Know that you are loved by many.
- Experiencing the birth of a child and watching him grow is one of life’s greatest treasures. Take it slow; before you know it, your little one will not be so little anymore.
- There is nothing like the love a parent has for their child. We know you will be the best parents this kid could ever want. Congrats, (names).
- You are so blessed to bring a new baby into the world, and I cannot wait to see your new sweet blessing.
- Sending heartiest prayers to the Almighty to make the life of this baby full of color and joy.
- Dear baby, be ready to get all of the love and pampering from your lucky parents.
- Sending oceans of love and blessings to the newborn baby.
- Let the life of this newborn baby be full of great achievements and success stories.
- Happy Birthday to your little one! We know this is an exciting time for your family, and we hope you are blessed with years of happiness.
- I hereby congratulate the parents of this newborn baby, and hope they continue to experience this incredible amount of joy in the years to come.
- We hope this newborn baby will make all of us feel proud of her one day.
- May you find parenthood a wonderful and rewarding experience! Congratulations!
Images with Cute Newborn Baby Wishes
Congratulations Messages for Newborn Baby
- Dear baby, start coloring the world with joy and happiness; it’s your job.
- Sending inspiration to the newborn baby to rock his future ahead.
- Judging by the parents, this is going to be an amazing baby! Congratulations!
- I know that raising a baby is harder than most of the things, if not everything a couple has ever done. But the reward is worth it. Prepare to lose your sleep, but gain happiness. Congratulations!
- I know you guys are used to waking up at the sound of the alarm clock, but you won’t be needing it anymore! You now have the cutest alarm clock ever! It will always ring on time and it comes with diaper changing needs as well! Congratulations!
- Sending warm wishes to the joyous family that received the gift of a newborn baby.
- Let your newborn baby have a wonderful and blessed life.
- Sending tons of hugs and kisses for the newborn baby.
- Heartiest congratulations to the new parents; enjoy parenting!
- All the best of the best wishes to you and your newborn baby.
- Let your newborn baby make you feel proud of her one day.
- Make your baby special, and hope you become very special to your baby one day.
- Overload your most prized possession, your baby, with endless love.
- Sending new dreams to the newborn baby, and new thoughts of new responsibilities to the new parents.
- Congratulations on your newest family member! May God bless your new baby with good luck, health and wealth.
- You can’t imagine how quickly little babies grow, so be sure to cherish every minute. . Congratulations!
- Warm wishes to the new baby. May your little angel bring loads of love, joy, and smiles in your lives.
- Welcome to parenthood. My best wishes are with you. Lots of love.
- Wishing you and your new angel all the very best. Congratulations!
- Let the Almighty shower all His blessings upon this gifted newborn baby.
- May you cherish this special time, and may the pleasures of parenting warm your heart and fill your life with wonderful memories with your newborn.
- Congratulations to the new Mum and Dad on the arrival of your little angel. May God bless your baby with all of His love, care and happiness.
- Baby Girl Wishes and Congratulation Messages
- Baby Boy Wishes and Congratulation Messages
- Congratulation Messages to New Parents
- Congratulation Messages for the New Mom
- Congratulation Messages for the New Dad
- Baby Shower Messages
- Congratulation Messages to First Time Parents
- New Baby Quotes
- Congratulations Messages for a Second Child
On 4 November 2016, a web site called PeopleMagazine.co.za (which appears to be a knock-off of the legitimate celebrity and news publication People Magazine, whose domain is people.com) posted a strange story claiming that a baby girl had been born at General Hospital at Kubwa, Abuja, with her hands clasped together as though in prayer:
The doctors dealing with this special case informed the parents of the child that they would conduct an operation on the hands of their baby girl. Their little one would also be given an antistatic.
The operation went smoothly – with no complications whatsoever because it seemed like the little girl’s hands were simply glued together by a single layer of light skin. Nothing prepared the medical team for what was hidden in the baby girl’s hands. As her hands were separated, it is claimed that the message ‘JESUS IS COMING BACK!’ was written on the inside of her hands.
This story has been on the Internet since at least 2007, when it appeared on various message boards. It has resurfaced repeatedly, with variations. In 2015, a YouTube video of a seeming news report out of Nigeria claims the baby was born holding a Koran, the holy book of the Muslim faith:
That same year, the story was posted to a blog which claimed that the baby’s birth, with the apocalyptic message written on her clasped hands, coupled with the passage of the Affordable Care Act (also known as Obamacare) in the United States were harbingers of end times:
Let’s Pray Hard: 6 6 6 The Mark Of The Beast Prophesy Finally Fulfilled… Written By: Jonathan Annobil. The US Senate has passed the Obama Health Bill into law. The implementation would commence soon. This bill would require all Americans to be implanted with a Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) chip in order to access nmedical care. The device will be implemented on the forehead or on the arm. This is to fulfill the prophesy in the Book of Revelation 13:15-18 concerning the MARK OF THE BEAST. Are you still doubting the END TIME? Do u know that the special car which was made for Obama is known as the BEAST? Get READY. The rapture is near! Revelations 13 is being played out right before us.
It is of course physically impossible for a baby to be born with writing on her hands or holding a book, and it seems dubious that end times would be presaged by the passage of a health care bill. The story is a recurring hoax that appears to originate in (or at least be about) Nigeria, and perpetuates itself by way of fervently religious readers looking for signs of end times.