A Prayer of Love from 1 Corinthians 13
By Debbie McDaniel
“Love never fails…” >1 Corinthians 13:8
Known as the Love Chapter, 1 Corinthians 13 is one of the greatest reminders to us today of what real love looks like. And what it doesn’t look like. Widely read at weddings or written all over love notes, these words may become so familiar over time; they can almost lose some of their important message.
As we read this portion of Scripture today, let’s ask God for help in soaking in every truth as we pray His powerful words back to Him. Let’s ask for the freshness of His Spirit to bring His message of love alive within our hearts and flowing through our lives. We can’t do it on our own. We’d never be able to muster enough strength within us. It’s only possible through Him. And more than ever before, our world needs to see what true love looks like. We can do a lot of good things in this life, we can give gifts, and even make notable sacrifices for others. But if we do not have Christ’s love within us, compelling us, filling us, every moment of every day, “it profits me nothing.”
His words of truth and love:
“If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails…But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.” From 1 Corinthians 13:1-8, 13
Thank you that you are a loving, gracious God. Thank you that you’ve offered us forgiveness and the gift of new life in you. Thank you that your love is perfect, it never fails, and that nothing can separate us from your love.
We pray that our lives would be filled and overflowing with the power of your love so we can make a difference in this world and bring honor to you. We ask for your help in reminding us that the most important things are not what we do outwardly, it’s not based on any talent or gift, but the most significant thing we can do in this life is simply to love you and to choose to love others.
Lord thank you that your love is patient. Help us show patience with those around us.
Lord thank you that your love is kind. Help us to extend kindness to others.
Lord thank you that true love is not jealous. Help us cast aside feelings of jealousy or hatred towards others.
Lord thank you that your love does not brag and is not arrogant. Help us not to live with pride or arrogance, but to choose to walk with humility and grace.
Lord thank you that true love does not act unbecomingly. Lord help us to extend kindness instead of rudeness towards others. Help us to lay aside the critical tone and tearing down with our words, so that we can truly walk in peace.
Lord thank you that true love does not seek its own. Lord help us not to live selfishly, looking only to our own interests.
Lord thank you that true love is not provoked. Lord help us not to become easily angered. Help us not to be so quickly reactive, but instead slow to speak and slow to become angry.
Lord thank you that your love does not take into account a wrong suffered. Lord help us not to hold grudges, but to choose to forgive, even when it’s difficult.
Lord thank you that your love does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth. Lord help us to love your words of truth, may we walk in your freedom and wisdom. Let it be what drives our lives and choices every day.
Lord thank you that your love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things, thank you that your love never fails.
Help us to love as you love. Fill us with your Spirit so that we can choose what is best. We are weak Lord, but we know also, that even when we are weak, you are strong within us. Thank you that it’s not all up to us. Thank you that you equip us to face each day with the power of your love, your forgiveness, and your grace.
We love you Lord, and we need you today, and every day,
In Jesus’ Name,
Find more by Debbie at www.debbiemcdaniel.com, or
There are a lot of Bible verses about love in the holy Scriptures, covering everything from God’s love toward us, our love toward God, romantic love between married couples, and our love among each other as human beings.
Since the Bible tells us that God is love, we can see why there are so many wonderful verses about throughout the Scriptures on love. We have spent the time to find the best Bible quotes covering all the different aspects of love so that you can hopefully find what you are looking for in our list of lbible verses below.
20 Scriptures About Love
“Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.”
“Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.”
“So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.”
“There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.”
“Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses.”
“Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins.”
“Let your fountain be blessed, and rejoice in the wife of your youth, a lovely deer, a graceful doe. Let her breasts fill you at all times with delight; be intoxicated always in her love.”
“Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you; bind them around your neck; write them on the tablet of your heart.”
“Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations,”
“Your steadfast love, O LORD, extends to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds.”
“The earth, O LORD, is full of your steadfast love; teach me your statutes!”
“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
“but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
“so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith–that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.”
“Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?”
“Many are the sorrows of the wicked, but steadfast love surrounds the one who trusts in the LORD.”
“But I have trusted in your steadfast love; my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.”
“He executes justice for the fatherless and the widow, and loves the sojourner, giving him food and clothing.”
“The LORD passed before him and proclaimed, “The LORD, the LORD, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness,”
Rejoice! Check out these 50 inspirational bible verse pictures →
What do these bible verses teach us about love?
All the Bible verses about love that we have looked at reveal some insightful truths about God’s love. Not only does it tell us that God is love, but that he abounds in love and that the earth and heavens are full of his love.
The Scripture verses also inform us that God is loving all of us though Christ and that nothing can separate us from that love–a love that surpasses understanding.
The biblical love quotes we have listed also reveal the love we are supposed to have for others and they tell us what love really is. The true service of a Christian on this earth is to love–to love God, love others, love their spouse and children, and even love their enemies. Love is the manifestation of God in a fallen world that so much needs to see that part of God through those of us who profess ourselves as Christians.
Add a Bible Verse or Comment
Enjoy reading and share 2 famous quotes about Answered Prayers About Love with everyone.
“If your life is in disarray and you feel uncomfortable and unworthy to pray because you are not clean, dont worry. He already knows about all of that. He is waiting for you to kneel in humility and take the first few steps. Pray for strength. Pray for others to be led to support you and guide you and lift you. Pray that the love of the Savior will pour into your heart. Pray that the miracle of the Atonement will bring forgiveness because you are willing to change. I know that those prayers will be answered, for God loves you. His Son gave his life for you. I know they will help you.”
— Richard G. Scott —
“If your life is in disarray and you feel uncomfortable and unworthy to pray because you are not clean, don’t worry. He already knows about all of that. He is waiting for you to kneel in humility and take the first few steps. Pray for strength. Pray for others to be led to support you and guide you and lift you. Pray that the love of the Savior will pour into your heart. Pray that the miracle of the Atonement will bring forgiveness because you are willing to change. I know that those prayers will be answered, for God loves you. His Son gave his life for you. I know they will help you.”
— Richard G. Scott
Answered Prayers About Love Quotes Pictures
Want to see more pictures of Answered Prayers About Love quotes? Click on image of Answered Prayers About Love quotes to view full size.
Quotes About Mistakes Haunting You
“Sometimes, most times, when I think back to the people that I loved, the person that I was … I feel like Im” — Katie Kiesler
Quotes About Getting Somewhere In Life
“Now the work of art also represents a state of final equilibrium, of accomplished order and maximum relative entropy, and there are those” — Rudolf Arnheim
Gotham Knight Quotes
“Because hes the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So well hunt him. Because he can take it.” — Jonathan Nolan
Broken Emotionally Quotes
“When children have shame-based parents, they identify with them. This is the first step in the childs internalizing shame because the children carry” — John Bradshaw
Listen To Your Mind Not Heart Quotes
“Youll be just fine,” he said. “Listen to your heart and mind together, thats the trick. Not one or the other, both.” — Suzanne Palmieri
Quotes About Things Not Feeling Right
“When you sleep your eyes move left and right and physical movement takes trauma and moves it from your frontal lobe to the” — Matty Mullins
Quotes About Favoritism In Family
“To say grace, knowing that people on this globe are starving, indicates a highly selfish acquiescence in the arrogantly supposed favoritism of the” — Barbara Smoker
“Galway Kinnell came out with that wonderful big, breathy, hollow voice of his and read, for the first time in public, “The Bear.”” — Sam Hamill
Philosophy Of Composition Quotes
“Only an unhinged movie survives as a disconnected series of images, of peaks, of visual icebergs. It should display not one central idea” — Umberto Eco
Love Discussion Quotes
“Genuinely support people in ways you can. If you build great relationships and people get to like you for you, they will eventually” — Bernard Kelvin Clive
Build Nation Quotes
“Foreign policy always has more force and punch when the nation speaks with one voice. To remain secure, prosperous, and free, the United” — Lee H. Hamilton
Under Promise Over Deliver Quotes
“Formula for success: under promise and over deliver.” — Tom Peters
Bob Hope Oscar Quotes
“The very phrase Oscar night used to accelerate my pulse. For one thing – dating myself – it meant Bob Hope. He always” — Dick Cavett
Ibn Al Jawziyyah Quotes
“Imam Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah, a thirteenth century scholar, said that it is possible for anyone to have sincerity in what one does and” — Hamza Yusuf
Bone Fracture Quotes
“It is a truth universally acknowledged that if you do something embarrassing like fall down the stairs in front of a group of” — Eileen Cook
Top Answered Prayers About Love Quotes
Browse top 22 famous quotes and sayings about Answered Prayers About Love by most favorite authors.
Favorite Answered Prayers About Love Quotes
1. “I knew damn well if Lucy broke up with me I’d still love her until I turned to dust.”
Author: Alyxandra Harvey
2. “But I love how people who are musical, they know how to dress.”
Author: Amy Sedaris
3. “Honesty is the recognition of the fact that the unreal is unreal and can have no value, that neither love nor fame nor cash is a value if obtained by fraud–that an attempt to gain a value by deceiving the mind of others is an act of raising your victims to a position higher than reality, where you become a pawn of their blindness, a slave of their non-thinking and their evasions, while their intelligence, their rationality, their perceptiveness become the enemies you have to dread and flee–that you do not care to live as a dependent, least of all a dependent on the stupidity of others.”
Author: Ayn Rand
4. “Easy come, easy go,That’s just how you live, oh,Take, take, take it all,But you never give.Should’ve known you was troubleFrom the first kiss,Had your eyes wide open.Why were they open?Gave you all I had and you tossed it in the trash,You tossed it in the trash, you did.To give me all your love is all I ever asked, ’causeWhat you don’t understand isI’d catch a grenade for yaThrow my hand on a blade for yaI’d jump in front of a train for ya You know I’d do anything for yaOh, oh, I would go through all of this pain,Take a bullet straight through my brain!Yes, I would die for ya, baby,But you won’t do the same.”
Author: Bruno Mars
5. “I love mysteries, and I read them every night before I go to bed.”
Author: David Herbert Donald
6. “Dan thought of love as defined by books, cobwebbed and hidden from view by the past. Too bad a love like that didn’t actually exist. In the twentieth century one had to fake it.”
Author: Dennis Cooper
7. “A man must love a thing very much if he practices it without any hope of fame or money, but even practice it without any hope of doing it well. Such a man must love the toils of the work more than any other man can love the rewards of it.”
Author: G.K. Chesterton
8. “The truth is my love life has been a lot more turbulent than I have let on.”
Author: George Michael
9. “God was happy without humans before they were made; he would have continued happy had he simply destroyed them after they had sinned; but as it is he has set his love upon particular sinners, and this means that, by his own free voluntary choice, he will not know perfect and unmixed happiness again till he has brought every one of them to heaven. He has in effect resolved that henceforth for all eternity his happiness shall be conditional upon ours.”
Author: J.I. Packer
10. “If only words hadn’t eluded me today, if only I yelled back at him: I do get it! I get that as long as you live no one will ever love you as much as I do – I have a heart so I can give it to you alone! That’s exactly the way I feel – but unfortunately, people don’t talk like that outside of Victorian novels.”
Author: Jandy Nelson
11. “I believe every act of violence is also a message that needs to be understood. Violence should not be answered just by greater violence but by real understanding. We must ask: ‘Where is the violence coming from? What is its meaning?”
Author: Jean Vanier
12. “I can’t believe how blessed I am! I’m married to the most wonderful man, Gene Raymond, whom I’m deeply in love with, and, my career is right where I want it to be. I can live like this forever!”
Author: Jeanette MacDonald
13. “We want what we want—we love who we love.”
Author: Jess Walter
14. “I feel like I’ll always be a brunette, that’s just who I am, but I love that I can switch it up and be whatever I want to be.”
Author: Katharine McPhee
15. “When you read as many books as Klaus Baudelaire, you are going to learn a great deal of information that might not become useful for a long time. You might read a book that would teach you all about the exploration of outer space, even if you do not become an astronaut until you are eighty years old. You might read a book about how to preform tricks on ice skates, and then not be forced to preform these tricks for a few weeks. You might read a book on how to have a successful marriage, when the only women you will ever love has married someone else and then perished one terrible afternoon.”
Author: Lemony Snicket
16. “Relish love in your old age! Aged love is like aged wine; it becomes more satisfying, more refreshing, more valuable, more appreciated and more intoxicating!”
Author: Leo Buscaglia
17. “I’d love to go to fashion week! I’m learning more about designers, thanks to ‘Pretty Little Liars” costume designer, Mandi Line.”
Author: Lucy Hale
18. “My brothers and I love playing outside and climbing trees. We really love sports, too – I think football’s probably my favorite.”
Author: Madeline Carroll
19. “I love going to London for a couple of days but I need to be in the country. I like the silence, the smell and the seasonal changes, especially in spring and summer. I really feel that I belong there.”
Author: Philippa Gregory
20. “Me being in love with a girl and wanting her to be with me, doing what I need to do to make her stay with me; it affects no one, yet it’s terrifying to people and they think you’re a monster.”
Author: Sara Quin
21. “So,” she went on, “it got me thinking about what cost beauty. Or for that matter, what cost anything? Would you trade love for beauty? Or happiness for beauty? Could a gorgeous person with a mean streak be a worthy trade? And if you did make the trade, decide you’d take that beautiful swan and hope it wouldn’t turn on you, what would you do if it did?”
Author: Sarah Dessen
22. “Nothing irrevocable had yet been spoken, but there was only the barest margin of safety left them, each of them moving delicately along the outskirts of an open question, and, once spoken, such a question-as “Do you love me?” -could never be answered or forgotten. They walked slowly, meditating, wondering, and the path sloped down from their feet and they followed, walking side by side in the most extreme intimacy of expectation; their feinting and hesitation done with, they could only await passively for resolution. Each knew, almost within a breath, what the other was thinking and wanting to say; each of them almost wept for the other. They perceived at the same moment the change in the path and each knew then the other’s knowledge of it; Theodora took Eleanor’s arm and, afraid to stop, they moved on slowly, close together, and ahead of them the path widened and blackened and curved.”
Author: Shirley Jackson