I surrender my financial affairs and concerns about money to your Divine care and love.
I ask that you remove my worries, anxieties, and fears about money, and replace them with faith.
I know and trust that my debts will be paid and money will flow into my life.
I have only to look to nature to see proof of the abundance you provide.
I release all negative thoughts about money, and know that prosperity is my true state.
I commit to being grateful for all that I now have in my life.
I learn to manage my finances wisely, seeking help where needed.
And finally, I ask you to help me understand my purpose in life and to act on that purpose with courage and strength. I know that prosperity will come, in part, by doing work I love. Please help me use my skills and knowledge to be of service in the world.
Thank you, God.
Praying is the most effective way to invite God to work miracles in your life. Here are some more of our favorite prayers offering spiritual guidance to help steer you on your path as you grow in your faith.
The Apostles’ Creed
The Serenity PrayerThe Lord’s PrayerA Birthday PrayerPrayer of ThanksgivingPrayer for Inner Peace and Calm
“It is by grace we have been saved.” (Ephesians 2:5)
Many of us feel the tight bonds of our budget each month. How do we have faith that God will provide for us when we’re struggling to keep our lights on, gas in our car, and our growing children in clothes that fit? What about the ache to reach out to others when we lack the means to do it, or having to tell our kids they can’t join their peers because the budget is maxed out?
Every day we debate ourselves over what to spend our money on. When the incorrect choices we make affect our family, friends, and responsibilities, we can turn to God in prayer… trusting that He is not waiting to mound a side of guilt on top of our conviction. He is waiting help us and guide us… even through the mistakes we continue to struggle with. Use this prayer to confess your challenges with money and ask for God’s help and wisdom!
Prayer for Finances
Father, praise You for saving us by Your indisputable grace. Nothing trumps Your just and loving hand. No poor decision we make, irresponsible purchase, or insurmountable debt can separate us from Your love.
Paul reminds us in Ephesians that there isn’t anything we can do to gain or lose our salvation. The freedom Christ won us on the cross is what it is. Nothing we do or say can add or subtract from His sacrifice… or from who He is.
Without a concrete Rock to stand on, we would drift along thinking that we somehow have the power to trump Your authority. Thank You for reminding us, through Your Word, that we do not. That You love us indisputably and always, whether we are precise accountants or frivolous spenders. You know who we are, and You know our heart’s intentions and our struggles. You are the only one equipped to balance and judge where we are at. You consistently say that we are Yours and remind us, through Your Word, of Jesus’ sacrifice for us.
Father, we confess our financial challenges. In a society that lifts money up to such high importance, it’s extremely hard to battle our mind’s eye each day. Thank You for blessing us with money to spend, and help us to honor You with our choices. Forgive us for mindlessly buying things in dollar sections and store end-caps. Sometimes, there are things that we never knew we needed until the bright discount sticker catches our eye. Strengthen us in those moments to fight our impulses by yielding to the power of the Holy Spirit within us.
Help us to see our finances through Your eyes. You have a purpose and plan for our lives, and every cent we’re blessed with to manage. Stir our hearts to seek Your counsel on everything from buying dessert to a brand new car. Urge us to seek You in Your Word, and prayerfully consider Jesus’ example on this earth. We confess that we don’t often stop to think about what You want for our wallet over what we want. When new trends are just a swipe of the credit card away, stir in our hearts to fight temptation.
Jesus walked the earth simply, as a carpenter… without a flashy lifestyle. His miracles were something money couldn’t buy. Not then, and not now. God’s love and God’s plan look different for all of us, but His love does not rise and fall on a scale. He is everlasting, omnipotent, and sovereign. And He has chosen us. Created us. And called us good.
Our purpose on this earth is to help others. Whether we struggle to part with our money, or have trouble accepting God’s generous blessing, help us to be laser-focused on our conversation with You. When we look around to compare our finances with others, it will always cause our hearts unrest. We don’t have the privilege of knowing people inside and out and from the moment of their creation like You do. We assume wealthy equals satisfied. But only Christ holds the key to all happiness.
Whether we seek careers or possessions to heighten our visibility in society, none will ever satisfy or compare to Jesus’ love. Help us to follow Christ in our daily lives. Prayer is life changing, that You promise us. We lift up the bills that puzzle and scare us to You. Guide us, direct us, and equip us to trust You more and more in the daily direction of our financial lives.
Thank You for providing for us, Father. Just the fact that we are skimming over these words is prove that You’ve provided for another day for us. Bless our finances, and help us to seek You first in everything, each day. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
How are you applying this Prayer for Finances to your life and spending? Comment below and recieve encouragement and support from our large praying community!
Meg Bucher writes about everyday life within the love of Christ on her blog, “Mom” is the most important calling on her life, next to encouraging others to seek Him first… authentically. A dance mom, occasional substitute teacher, and youth worship leader, she can often be found having some kind of an adventure in the small little lake town she resides in with her husband of ten years, two daughters, and their doodle-dog.
Photo credit: ©Thinkstock/OcusFocus
Lord God in heaven I come to you humbly asking you to bless me financially. This is not hard for you to do because the earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof. You are Jehovah Jireh the God who provides and I ask you to provide for me and my family and my friends. We are in need of your help.
Lord I ask you to show me the areas in my life where I may not have been a good steward of Your money and I ask that you would bring conviction into my heart by the power of Your Holy Spirit. Show me the areas where I need to improve how I handle your money so that I may honor You by using what You give me in a manner that pleases You. I pray Lord that when I receive this financial blessings that you will send me in the next few days, I will tithe to the ministry that you will call to my mind the amount which You will put in my heart. Lord I know that You are able to supply my needs according to your glorious riches in Christ Jesus. I know that you are the God who gives me the ability to create wealth and I make a covenant with you today that when you send me this financial blessing I will praise you for it no matter how small it may be and I will continue to serve you with a grateful heart.
Lord I ask that you would cause me to have an undivided heart and mind towards you. No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. I know that I cannot serve both You God and Money(Luke 16:13). Forgive me if I have misplaced my worship and my focus. Bless me this day with the blessing that you gave our forefather Abraham. Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain (1Chronicles 4:10). In Jesus Name. AMEN.
It’s easy to feel comfortable when we have money. These financial prayers are for when we are not so fortunate, when the dire need for money obscures our sense of well-being and spirituality, and even detracts from our appreciation of life.
The key to true abundance is to recognize, and appreciate, how much God has already given us. It is not wrong to ask for sustenance when we need it. God is always willing to hear our prayer. If we open our hearts to recognizing and appreciating all that we already have, instead of seeing only the half-empty glass, God does not turn us away.
For Financial Breakthrough
Lord, you are the source of all my sustenance.
I pray that you hear my prayer and guide me in your infinite wisdom.
My spirit is full, but my wallet is empty! I need your help.
My finances are in crisis, and are causing me great pain.
Please uplift my heart so that I may appreciate all that I do have so that I may also be blessed with more prosperity.
Money issues bring me down, and I forget to thank You for all that I do have thanks to Your blessings.
Please remind me of Your abundance, so that my money will
Once again flow in to me, and sustain me as much as Your loving care.
Prayer for Money
Dear God, my struggles with money are bringing me down. I am in dire need for myself and my family.
I know that You have all answers, and You always hear me.
Please shine your infinite light into my life,
Bless me with abundance so that my family may thrive.
I thank You for all You have done for me to date
And I pray You will always remind me when I forget
That my spirit and soul always dwell in Your good graces.
Thank You oh Lord, for blessing me with material comfort
So that I am reminded of the bountiful fruits of Your deeds.
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Financial Prayers”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Please give me what my family deserves- i have my heart full of your blessings but my pocket is empty. i know i have made some bad decisions w.r.t finances and i… …
- Favor from God- Help me to pray for God mercy, favour and blessings upon my life. How i pray is God to bless me with His favour and… …
- In desperate need- I need prayers for my husband and. We don’t have the money for February’s rent and we’re not sure where we’re going to go. I… …
- Money- I need 460.00 dollars to turn my water back on. I pray for resources. …
- Financial problems- Hi brother I m financially in big problem since last 1year I lost everything n still suffering from the money problem no one helping me… …
- Financial gain- Please pray I can financially support my children this year and years to come I am depending on the lord and myself my family is… …
- Money help- God I led an undisciplined life. Wasted all my money not thinking of the future. Now I am married and I have a son. My… …
- Financial Abundance- God to please abundantly bless my sales day with many big & medium sales all day long; bring in lots of buying, paying customers that… …
- Dear God please help me money- Please pray for my family financial problems. …
- Approval of Disability Case- I’m asking for prayer for my lover 4 years old disability case to be approved. Please pray and stand in agreement that a supernatural miracle… …
- Home Purchase- Please pray for me to purchase a home for me, my children and mother. I feel like I’m being shuffled round and round and getting… …
- Help me to provide- Dear Lord I come before you as your servant to ask for your help and guidance in financial affairs that I may rid myself of… …
- Financial Abundance- Thanking God for what He brought in yesterday; Asking Him to bless my husband at work today with a big income sales day; He needs… …
- Financial Breakthrough- Prayer for miracle money, I am in deep trouble my flatmate is moving out and that means i have to pay the rent alone, my… …
- Loan- I want to apply for a loan to pay my debts, and help my parents, also, and my family, please pray i get the loan… …
- Urgent financial breakthrough- I have urgent pending bills to pay and my casual work has been suspended due to reasons beyond my control. Please pray for me for… …
- Financial Abundance- God to abundantly bless our business sales with floods of customers daily that will buy things; many big & medium sales daily; beleiving to sell… …
- Financial help- Hello,i need a miracle in my finances. I am so tired of strugglin, being behind in bills and i am frustrated because i pray about… …
- Pray for win lottery- Dear Lord, I believe in you. savior of all human being, i am the bread winner of my family now suffering with lot of debts… …
- Money blessings- Dear father I’m asking you to please bless me and my house hold family we in need of money for paying bills and please my… …
More prayers posted in: Money