SAINT JOSEPH PROTECTOR OF HOMES
St. Joseph, protect our home. Pour forth from heaven blessings on our family. Remain in our midst. Help us to live in love and harmony, in peace and joy. May the wholesome fear of God strengthen us that virtue may adorn what we do and our way may lead to heaven.
To you this day I give the key to our dwelling place. Lock out all things that could do us harm. Lock my home and my loved ones with me in the hearts of Jesus and Mary. This I beg of you, that our days may be like your days in the holy home at Nazareth.
Let us pray. God, in your infinite wisdom and love you chose Joseph to be the husband of Mary, the mother of your Son. May we have the help of his prayers in heaven and enjoy his protection on earth. We ask this through Christ our Lord.
#prayer #nigthprayer #bedtime
The Bedtime Prayerhttps://t.co/FIsyM304My
— Vatican Site (@vatican_site) March 15, 2017
Prayer is the key. It is the way we communicate our needs to God and He encourages us to. As humans, we can only know so much and we cannot see every evil that is moving around in the atmosphere. That is why it is important we call on God and ask for His protection. Find below the powerful prayers of protection for you, your friends and family members.
Table of contents
- 1 Prayer Points for Protection
- 2 Prayer for Protection
- 3 Prayer for Protection for A Friend
- 4 Blessing of Protection
- 5 Prayer for Blessings and Protection
- 6 God, Please Protect My Family
- 7 Prayer for Protection for Me and My Family
- 8 God’s Guidance and Protection
- 9 Prayer for Protection From Evil At Work
- 10 Prayer for Protection Against My Enemies
- 11 Prayer for Protection from Illness
- 12 Prayer for Divine Protection
- 13 Prayer for Protection Through Life’s Journey
- 14 Prayer for Protection While Traveling
- 15 Prayer for Protection Over Your Family
- 16 Prayer for Personal Protection
- 17 Verses:
Prayer Points for Protection
1. Lord, I pray that by the reason of what your son did on the cross, you will protect me from all principalities and powers at work against my life in Jesus name. Amen.
2. Lord, I ask that you hide me and my family under your banner and keep us from all evil in Jesus name. Amen.
3. We ask, Jehovah, that you keep and protect us from every evil tongue that rises against us in judgement in Jesus name. Amen.
4. Lord, I am deeply sorry for my many errs. Please, do not take away your hand of protection from me and all that pertains to me in Jesus name. Amen.
5. I pray, Jehovah, that your hand be mighty upon me to keep me from all waiting for my downfall in Jesus name.
Prayer for Protection
6. Father, I pray that no evil eye of the enemy will see me or any member of my family in Jesus name. Amen.
7. Father, I do not trust in the arm of flesh. It is you that I have run to, for protection. Please deliver me from all evil in Jesus name. Amen.
8. We ask, Lord, that the Blood of Jesus they speak better things then the blood of Abel will protect us from the forces of darkness in Jesus name. Amen.
9. I ask, Lord, that even though we walk through the valley of the shadow of death, we are confident that you will remain close behind us to protect us in Jesus name. Amen.
10. Lord, I am really thankful to you for always protecting me. I pray that my family and I will always enjoy your protection in Jesus name. Amen.
Prayer for Protection for A Friend
- You’re Always in My Thoughts and Prayers Messages
11. I pray, Lord, I pray that the Blood of the lamb will be for us a token to protect us, so we will not experience the plagues of Egypt in Jesus name. Amen.
12. Father, you are Jehovah Nissi, the Lord, my protector, the one who defends me. I pray that you will fight my battles and grant me victory in Jesus name. Amen.
13. Lord, as I go out today, I pray that you will go before me and clear the way of all evil in Jesus name. Amen.
14. Father, I pray you will protect us from every weapon fashioned against us, so it will not prosper in Jesus name. Amen.
15. My Jehovah, I pray that the cross of Jesus will protect and keep me from all curses and demonic manipulations in Jesus name. Amen.
Blessing of Protection
16. Just as you protected the Israelites from the Egyptians with your cloud of presence, I pray that you keep me and mine as well in Jesus name. Amen.
17. We pray, Lord, that you will overshadow us with your presence, so even when we take in poison, it will not harm us in Jesus name. Amen.
18. Redeemer, as we hide in your secret place, guard us against evil eyes in Jesus name. Amen.
19. Lord, as we labour on earth, we pray that your light will serve as a lamp to our feet and protect our feet from slipping in Jesus name. Amen.
20. I pray you will arise and let all your enemies who are troubling us be scattered in Jesus name. Amen.
Prayer for Blessings and Protection
21. Lord, let me always find you a mighty rock that I can always run to for protection in Jesus name. Amen.
22. Father, we ask that you put your mark of protection on us so that nobody will trouble us in Jesus name. Amen.
23. Father, as we, your children, go to bed, protect us from all the evil flying around at night in Jesus name. Amen.
24. My great Shepherd, I rely solely on you like a sheep with its shepherd. I pray that you will keep me and my family from bears and wolves in Jesus name. Amen.
25. As I go and come today, I pray that your mighty hand of valour will shield me in Jesus name. Amen.
God, Please Protect My Family
26. Lord, I pray that you deliver from the hands of my enemies in Jesus name. Amen.
27. I pray, my saviour, that as we go and come, you will give your angels charge of us to protect us in Jesus name. Amen.
28. I pray that my ever-present help in times of need will help and protect me against all evil plans of the wicked in Jesus name. Amen.
29. Saviour, even as your word says, I ask that as we come and go, nothing shall, by any means, harm us in Jesus name. Amen.
30. I pray, Lord, that you will protect me even as I embark on this journey in Jesus name. Amen.
Prayer for Protection for Me and My Family
31. Lord, you know how there is evil hovering around seeking to harm us, I pray that you protect us from them in Jesus name. Amen.
32. Father, we ask that you save and protect us from the terrors of the night and the arrows that fly by day in Jesus name. Amen.
33. My Fortress and Rock, please be my shield from all enemies seeking to devour me in Jesus name. Amen.
34. Lord, I pray that you build a shield of fire around me and my family in Jesus name. Amen.
35. Lord, I want to continually be a child that you are pleased with. So, please keep and protect me from the lure of sin in Jesus name. Amen.
God’s Guidance and Protection
36. Scriptures say, Lord, that the Egyptians troubling us are a thing of the past and we will see them no more. We ask that our eyes will not behold the Egyptians again in Jesus name. Amen.
37. Jehovah, even if many thousands of people set themselves against us, we pray that you serve as our shield and the lifter of our head in Jesus name. Amen.
38. My Redeemer, in your hands is power and might. Please let your power and might deliver me and my family from the wicked that hates us without cause in Jesus name. Amen.
39. Father, I ask that you send forth your word and protect me and my family from all forms of sicknesses in Jesus name. Amen.
40. Lord, you promised that we will be able to serpents and scorpions. We ask that your promise be fulfilled in our lives in Jesus name. Amen.
Prayer for Protection From Evil At Work
41. My Redeemer, I pray that you rescue and protect us from all kinds of trouble in Jesus name. Amen.
42. Father, I pray that you will build your hedge of construction around us to protect us from the darts of the enemy flying around in Jesus name. Amen.
43. The enemies are always plotting, my Mighty Protector, please don’t abandon me to them in Jesus name. Amen.
44. Lord, as we call to you, answer us from heaven and protect us by your power in Jesus name. Amen.
45. Father, I pray that you direct my path and keep me from walking into harm in Jesus name. Amen.
Prayer for Protection Against My Enemies
46. Lord, we are powerless over any pestilence coming our way. You are our protection who can keep us from all plagues and pestilence. Please, come to our rescue in Jesus name. Amen.
47. I pray, Lord, that your presence will not depart from me but will always be with me to protect me in Jesus name. Amen.
48. My Saviour, as I go work, please protect me from all work hazards in Jesus name. Amen.
49. Lord, I pray that you will sustain and protect me from all the foes who have risen up against me round about.
50. Father, please protect me from every pit and every trap of the wicked in Jesus name. Amen.
- Written By Ayandola Ayanleke.
Unless we avail ourselves within the protective arms of our God, we leave ourselves vulnerable to the attacks of the evil one. We must be diligent in reading God’s word, and ask Him to watch over and protect us individually, as well as His children. When you pray for yourself, pray for those you love, those you have never met, and even those who have hurt you in some way.
Let it be known that with God, all things are possible. Not some things, ALL things. When we feel afraid in life, ask for His protection and safety. Our Father does not desert His children. These prayers of protection are offered as a way to preempt those attacks and keep oneself and one’s loved ones under the protection of God at all times.
If the need for protection whether in your own life, or in the life of someone you love is present, let us pray for you at the holiest place on earth, the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. We have faith that sending your prayer to the place where our Lord Jesus Christ gave his life for us will help your request be granted! It is our honor and privilege to be a part of your prayer warrior, and to ask the Lord to watch over you, protect you, and keep you, always.
The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my savior; thou saved me from violence. I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
2 Samuel 22:3-4
Prayer for Protection from Illness
Heavenly Father, I adore you and I love you with all my heart and soul. I thank you for having created me, and for watching over me in all that I do, every single day. Pardon me for my sins. I ask that you watch over me while I rest and recover from illness. Please protect my body, and help me heal from this sickness that weakens me. May your unending grace be with me forever and ever. I trust in all that You do, and all that You are.
Prayer for Divine Protection
Grant me, O Lord, your protection. Within your protection, strength. And within your strength, understanding. And within your understanding, knowledge. And within your knowledge, the power of justice. And within the power of justice, the love of all of Creation. Guide and protect my body, my mind, and my best judgment in all things. For you, O Lord, will never leave my side. In this I trust. Amen.
Prayer for Protection Through Life’s Journey
In the name of God I move forth through life’s journey. May God the Father always be with me, God the Son protect and watch over me, and God the Holy Ghost to stand by my side as I travel through the life you have given me. Amen
Prayer for Protection While Traveling
I ask that God’s Angels guard and keep you. As you travel, may you remain safe and secure, with His presence known to you at all times. May He watch over you as you leave home, wandering and maneuvering in other parts of God’s great earth. You are not alone. For He is always with you. Amen.
Prayer for Protection Over Your Family
Heavenly Father, I pray for your emotional, physical, and spiritual protection over my family and loved ones. I ask You to keep evil far away from them, and to help them to trust You as their refuge and strength in all things, without ceasing. I pray You will guard their minds from harmful instruction and sinful ways, and to grant them discernment to recognize the truth. I pray that You will make them strong and if they find themselves amist danger, recognizing that You have overcome and will set right all injustice and wrong. Please help them to find rest in your shadow, and through your everlasting embrace, as they live in the spiritual shelter You provide for them. Let them know that the only safe place is in beside their Heavenly Father, and that their home on earth is only temporary.
Prayer for Personal Protection
Oh Heavenly Father, I come to You today, bowing my head and opening my heart, asking for protection from all the evil this world holds. Lord, we are assailed moment by moment with images on television, the internet, books and newspapers that leave us vulnerable to sin of every kind, every single day. Surround us with your divine hedge of unbreakable protection. Encompass us round about with your strength and your glorious might. Let all who take refuge in You be happy and feel safe. Please shelter us, Heavenly Father, that those who love your name may exalt in You. For it is You who blesses the righteous man and those who give their lives to You.
“And Moses said to the people, ‘Do not be afraid. Stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which He will accomplish for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall see again no more forever. The LORD will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace.” Exodus 14:13-14
“A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not come near you.” Psalm 91:7
“We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed.” 2 Corinthians 4:8-9
Novena prayer for issues of family and faith, visa applications, immigration and naturalisation matters, spiritual and temporal graces as well as other important causes.
My God and my Lord, here I am, humbly prostrate before Your Divine Majesty!
Thank You for the inspiration You have given me to come confidently to the feet of the Virgin of the Exile, Your Venerable Mother, to ask for the grace I need.
Teach me, Lord, to meditate on the virtues that adorn the Queen of Heaven and, above all in the hours of tribulation and anxiety, to imitate her unshakeable trust in Your Divine Providence. Amen.
FIRST DAY: FOR THE SICK AND AGONIZING
“After Jesus had been born at Bethlehem in Judaea during the reign of King Herod, some wise men came to Jerusalem from the east. ‘Where is the infant king of the Jews?’ they asked. ‘We saw his star as it rose and have come to do him homage.’” (Mt 2:1-2)
The shepherds visit the Infant God in the manger. The Wise Men come from the East to adore Him. I do not know how to find my Jesus. I do not look for Him in the pages of the Holy Gospel or in His adorable presence in the Most Holy Sacrament of the altar.
My Lady, Virgin of the Exile, help me to overcome my spiritual laziness. Obtain for me the grace to always be sincere and arduous in practising my faith.
SECOND DAY: FOR THE CHURCH, THE POPE AND THE BISHOPS
“When King Herod heard this he was perturbed, and so was the whole of Jerusalem. He called together all the chief priests and the scribes of the people, and inquired of them where the Christ was to be born. ‘At Bethlehem in Judaea,’ they told him, ‘for this is what the prophet wrote.’” (Mt 2:3-5)
News of Christ’s birth frightens the evil king. Ambitious and jealous, he immediately imagined a rival disputing the throne.
I also feel my soul being constantly perturbed because of my attachment to worldly things and creatures, and riches.
My Lady, Virgin of the Exile, help me overcome my disordered passions. Obtain for me the grace I desire to love only Jesus.
THIRD DAY: FOR OUR SEPARATED BRETHREN TO RETURN TO THE CHURCH
“Then Herod summoned the wise men to see him privately. He asked them the exact date on which the star had appeared, and sent them on to Bethlehem. ‘Go and find out all about the child,’ he said, ‘and when you have found him, let me know, so that I too may go and do him homage.’” (Mt 2:7-8)
Apparently Herod shows pious interest in Jesus, but he was really hiding sinister intentions in his heart.
I also, many times, keep feelings of hatred, vengeance, evil desires and envy in the folds of my heart.
My Lady, Virgin of the Exile, make my heart be generous and kind to my neighbour. Obtain for me the grace to be perfect in charity.
FOURTH DAY: FOR PRIESTLY VOCATIONS AND THE SANCTIFICATION OF THE CLERGY
“Having listened to what the king had to say, they set out. And there in front of them was the star they had seen rising; it went forward and halted over the place where the child was. and going into the house they saw the child with his mother Mary.” (Mt 2:9.11a)
The Wise Men followed the star and found Jesus with His mother. Where Mary is, there also is Jesus. Therefore, I could never sincerely be converted and go to Jesus without going to His holy Mother.
My Lady, Virgin of the Exile, be a blessed star to guide me on the road to my conversion. Obtain for me the grace to always be your devoted and faithful servant.
FIFTH DAY: FOR PARENTS AND PERSONS DESERVING RESPECT
“They were warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, and returned to their own country by a different way. After they had left, the angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, ‘Get up, take the child and his mother with you, and escape into Egypt, and stay there until I tell you, because Herod intends to search for the child and do away with him.’” (Mt 2:12-13)
An angel advises Joseph that he must flee because Herod persecutes the child and wants to kill Him. I also, many times, by not fleeing from a dangerous situation, ended up sacrificing the innocence of my soul!
My Lady, Virgin of the Exile, do not let Jesus be separated from me because of sin. Obtain for me the grace to always live pure and chaste.
SIXTH DAY: FOR THE CHRISTIAN EDUCATION OF YOUTH
“So Joseph got up and, taking the child and his mother with him, left that night for Egypt, where he stayed until Herod was dead. This was to fulfill what the Lord had spoken through the prophet.” (Mt 2:14-15a-b)
The same night that he had received the angel’s message, Joseph got up, called Mary, and, taking the child, they both departed quickly. And I, so many times, sinned terribly because I did not respond to the good inspiration and voices that come from above.
My Lady, Virgin of the Exile, teach me to be docile in spirit and submissive to my superiors. Obtain for me the grace and virtue of obedience.
SEVENTH DAY: FOR THE FORMATION OF CHRISTIAN FAMILIES
“Herod was furious when he realized that he had been outwitted by the wise men, and in Bethlehem and its surrounding district he had all the male children killed who were two years old or under, reckoning by the date he had been careful to ask the wise men.” (Mt 2:16)
Herod, full of vengeance and cruelty, his plans thwarted, orders killing the innocents. I also, many times, when I do not get what I want, fill up with rancour, discouragement and rebellion!
My Lady, Virgin of the Exile, mold my character in goodness and teach me to be resigned; grant me the grace to always act with meekness.
EIGHTH DAY: FOR THE MISSIONS AND MISSIONARIES
“After Herod’s death, the angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt and said, ‘Get up, take the child and his mother with you and go back to the land of Israel, for those who wanted to kill the child are dead.’” (Mt 2:19-20)
After a few years, Joseph heard again the voice of an angel. The danger having passed, he then could return to his land. God does not fail. Sooner or later, He appears, rewarding those who trust in Him.
My Lady, Virgin of the Exile, infuse in me, especially in times of anxiety, an unshakeable confidence in God’s protection. Obtain for me the grace never to doubt Divine Providence.
NINTH DAY: FOR PEACE AND SOCIAL JUSTICE IN THE WORLD
“So Joseph got up and, taking the child and his mother with him, went back to the land of Israel. There he settled in a town called Nazareth. In this way the words spoken through the prophets were to be fulfilled: He will be called a Nazarene.” (Mt 2:21.23)
Jesus, Mary and Joseph, now in the tranquillity of their home, work, pray and love one another, creating the happiest and most beautiful family on earth.
My Lady, Virgin of the Exile, bless my house, look after my family. Grant mine and me the grace to always cultivate the domestic Christian virtues, deserving in this way to enjoy the joys and peace of the house at Nazareth.
My Lady, Virgin of the Exile, on my knees before your altar, I come to recognize my weakness and nothingness. Where can I go, Lady, without your looking after me? How can I carry on, unless your hands sustain me?
Take care of me, my Lady!
Do not look upon the poverty of my soul, but attend the supplication of your poor child. Obtain for me the grace (mention your request), which I need so much.
Thank you, Lady, for all the good things I have already received from your blessed hands. I promise to make great efforts to correspond to the tenderness of your maternal heart. Amen.
Say seven times the ‘Hail Mary’ in memory of the seven years that the Holy Family remained in the exile, and then say the following invocations:
My Jesus, mercy!
My Lady, Virgin of the Exile, take care of me!
Glorious Patriarch St Joseph, intercede for me!