A Prayer for Strength is often needed during difficult times. God is always here for us, to give us strength and lift our hearts when all seems hopeless.
“I can do all things through Christ, which strengthens me.”
Most of us realize that our own strength is not always enough to get through some of the situations that this life brings.
At those difficult times, it is wise to call on God for extra strength and for His strength to help sustain you when your own strength fails. (Psalms 28:8 and Isaiah 40:29)
- 1 7 Prayers for Strength
- 2 Prayers for Strength and Courage
- 3 Scripture For Strength and Courage
- 4 Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Prayers for Strength and Guidance”
- 5 Recent prayer requests…
- 6 Prayer for Healing and Strength
- 7 Prayer for Strength When Grieving
- 8 A Prayer for Strength to Cope with Physical Illness
- 9 Prayer for Strength and Guidance
- 10 Prayer for Strength During Difficult Times
- 11 See More Slideshows
7 Prayers for Strength
Below we have 7 prayers for strength submitted by pastors and clergy. Contribute to this site by submitting your own prayer for strength.
Or, submit a prayer request below.
Give Me Strength, Lord
Lord, you are Holy above all others, and all of the strength that I need is in your hands.
I am not asking, Lord, that you take this trial away. Instead, I simply ask that Your will be done in my life. Whatever that means, that is what I want.
But I admit that it’s hard, Lord.
Sometimes I feel like I can’t go on. The pain and the fear are too much for me, and I know that I don’t have the strength on my own to get through this.
I know that I can come to you, Jesus, and that you will hear my prayer. I know that it is not your intent to bring me to this point just to leave me in the wilderness alone.
Please, Lord, give me the strength that I need to face today. I don’t have to worry about tomorrow.
If you just give me the strength that I need today that is all I need.
Keep me from sinning during this trial. Instead, help me to keep my eyes on you. You are the Holy Lord, and all of my hope rests in you.
Thank you for hearing my prayer.
In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Get strength for your relationships: Relationship Prayers.
For Strength and Wisdom
Thank you, Lord, for being there for me and allowing me to cry out to you in my times of need.
It is amazing to me that the Lord of the Universe would take time to listen to me and to care about what I say.
God, there are things happening around me right now that I do not understand. Some of these things make me feel weak, helpless and afraid.
Even in the midst of this, I know that you are the Lord.
I know that the situation is in Your hand, and I trust You.
I beseech you for strength and for wisdom that I would be able to endure this situation and be able to handle it in a way that would bring glory to Your name.
In Jesus name. Amen.
Don’t ever be ashamed at feeling weak. Remember what the Bible says in 2 Corinthians 12:10:
“Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.”
Check out our collection of Inspirational Prayers
Prayer for Overcoming Life’s Hardships
O Lord, we call upon You in our time of sorrow,
That You give us the strength and will to bear our heavy
burdens, until we can again feel the warmth and love of
Your divine compassion. Be mindful of us and have mercy
on us while we struggle to comprehend life’s hardships.
Keep us ever in Your watch, til we can walk again with
light hearts and renewed spirits.
Strength for a Friend
Lord, I come before you today knowing that all power is in Your hand.
I know that you are the Lord and that you care for your people.
Right now, my friend is struggling with a difficult trial.
I can see her strength is faltering, Lord, and know that you have all of the strength that she needs.
I pray that you will reach down and touch her right now wherever she is at this moment.
Let your presence fill the room where she is and let her feel an extra portion of your
strength that can help her to get through this day.
She needs you now, Lord, and I thank you in advance for meeting her where she is
and shoring up her strength during this difficult time.
In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Prayers for Strength and Courage
Say these prayers when you’re in need of strength and courage. Day to day troubles are no match for the power of the Lord.
To be Grateful
Lord God, may we be grateful for our lot,
and compassionate toward all those who are
suffering every kind of distress at this
May we hold back nothing, and
hasten to be the ministers of prayer and mercy,
like the disciples of Him who went about doing
good in times of need.
Prayer for Guidance and Help
Dear Lord, I am calling upon you today for
your divine guidance and help. I am in crisis
and need a supporting hand to keep me on the
right and just path.
My heart is troubled but I will
strive to keep it set on you, as your infinite wisdom
will show me the right way to a just and right resolution.
Thank you for hearing my prayer and for staying by my side.
For Unfailing Strength
Do not look forward to what may happen
tomorrow; the same everlasting Father who cares
for you today will take care of you tomorrow and
every day. Either He will shield you from suffering,
or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it.
Be at peace, then. Put aside all anxious thoughts and
imaginations, and say continually: “The Lord is my
strength and my shield. My heart has trusted in Him
and I am helped. He is not only with me but in me,
and I in Him.
Scripture For Strength and Courage
Lets go straight to the source, and read bible verses about strength in trying times.
“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Click here to read more bible verses for strength, and Bible verses for courage.
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Prayers for Strength and Guidance”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Pray for my family- Please Lord, I pray that you heal my brother and his family, their hearts and their minds. I pray they can pull together and not… …
- Power to succeed- I pray to receive wisdom,knowledge and understanding from God and also the spirit or heart to worship n Praise God at all times. …
- Follow Jesus- I pray to have strength against temptation and to keep Jesus as my centre of focus. I pray to stop sinning and constantly worrying and… …
- Test- Tomorrow I have a big test that could make to break my mark in school and I studied really hard and I still feel like… …
- Prayer for Feelings of Hopelessness- I have nowhere else to turn to and I trust my entire soul with the Lord. I feel utterly hopeless and like a horrible daughter.… …
- Mental illness- Please pray for me. I am mentally ill. It’s too much. Morning is too much. I get really depressed in the am because I don’t… …
- School Works- Lord, give more strength to endure. Help me to do this with love and I bind all the distraction that will hinder me to do… …
- Loss of my dear Friend Sherry- I was Sherry’s caregiver for 4 years in my home. My best friend of 38 years. She brought me to Christ. She had bladder cancer… …
- Husband has terrible impatience and alcohol- Abba, Father. Thank You that Jesus made it possible for me/us to come right into Your throne room. Thank You Jesus that Your word tells… …
- Genevieve- I know it seems small, but I am praying for my daughter to have confidence and strength today. She deserves it Lord. Please help her! …
- My physical health problems and with my financial situations- Dear St Jude, please help me resolve my body’s lung and heart problems. also, help me resolve my financial problems. these issues have been with… …
- Gods direction- Prayer for me that God will help me to know his will for my life and I need Gods directions concerning my life too. Everything… …
- Please Pray for me and my family- Dear Lord, I need you more than ever today. I am being evicted from my home with no where to go right now. I have… …
- Pray for strength and self confidence for my daughter, Amy- Heavenly Father: I ask you to keep my daughter away from prescription drugs so she can gain confidence and strength to finish raising her 16-year-old… …
- Strength- Please touch and agree with me on this prayer. Father of God, I ask for your complete power of strength right now! I pray that… …
- Spiritual maturity- I would like you to for a spiritual break through and financial stability. …
- Strength in the Inner Man- The past 2 years has been rough for me. I backslid. For the past few months, I’ve been trying to get back right in my… …
- Strength- I want to follow the will of the Lord above everything else. Please pray for me so that I can find new strength and withstand… …
- Daughter- My daughter needs the strength found only in Our Lord to handle a single life in this world that looks down on young women as… …
- Weakness in prayers- Dear please pray for me because I am very weak in prayers I always fall asleep whenever I want to pray it has taken time… …
More prayers posted in: Strength
Prayer for Healing and Strength
Father, thank you that you sent your Son to bring me life
Life in the fullness
Life for eternity
Thank you that I share in Christ’s resurrection life
That Christ is alive in me
And His Spirit dwells deeply in my being
Right now I receive your healing
I receive the same power that raised Christ from the grave
I receive Your life
I receive Your strength
Thank you that all things are possible for those who believe
Thank you that you are moving in me right now
May I continue to receive from you
This hour and every hour.
Prayer for Strength When Grieving
Lord, at the moment nothing seems to be able to help the loss I feel.
My heart is broken and my spirit mourns.
All I know is that Your grace is sufficient.
This day, this hour
Moment by moment
I choose to lean on You,
For when I am at my weakest Your strength is strongest.
I pour out my grief to You
And praise You that on one glorious day
When all suffering is extinguished and love has conquered
We shall walk together again.
A Prayer for Strength to Cope with Physical Illness
Lord, you know me inside and out.
You know about my pain and distress,
you understand the fears of my heart.
At the cross you endured unabating agony.
You have gone before me into the darkness
And emerged in power and glory.
At this time I lean on You
I draw my strength from Your endless love
And live in Your limitless grace
Trusting in You.
Prayer for Strength and Guidance
Lord, I reach out to you for your guidance.
Please show me which way to turn.
Calm my anxious thoughts, come speak into my mind.
Strengthen me as I falter and feel weary.
May I feel strength rising up within my heart.
Bring clarity into my visions and dreams.
I trust that you are with me, no matter where I go,
Or what I decide to do.
You journey with me always.
Prayer for Strength During Difficult Times
Father, this world sometimes bewilders me and is beyond my understanding.
I see poverty and disease, storms and earthquakes, war and killing.
Many hearts are bound by ego and fear.
Please strengthen my faith in your higher purpose and open my mind to the truth that everything is unfolding according to your divine plan.
Let compassion and love for my brothers and sisters flow from me and may we all be uplifted by your glory. AMEN.
See More Slideshows
Click on a picture to enjoy more inspiring photos and stories.
Prayer Points For Strength & Guidance
I believe and accept that the Lord is my refuge and my strength. The earth can quake, the seas can roar, the mountains can shake, but I will not fear. When the storms of life appear, my God is here to help me. Ref.: Psalm 46:1-3
My God, my Lord, my Heavenly Father is my strength, my defense, my song and my salvation. I am secured and nothing and no one can move me. Thank you Lord. I exalt and honor you! Ref.: Exodus 15:2
I am not afraid of this world, because the Lord goes before me. His powerful hands lead me and His unconditional love sustains me. I am not worried for He will not fail me or leave me. Ref.: Deuteronomy 31:8
The Lord, my God created me, named me and saved me from the darkness. I am His property. Therefore, when I go through rivers, I will not drown. When I walk through fire, the flames will not hurt me. The Holy One of Israel is my God and my Savior. Ref.: Isaiah 43:1-3
I believe that the Lord is my light and my salvation. I am not afraid! I believe that the Lord is the stronghold of my life. I am not afraid! Evil people around me might attack me. My enemies may try to destroy me. But, they will not succeed. They will stumble and fall. Ref.: Psalm 27: 1-3
I am filled with the Holy Spirit of God. And the Spirit within me gives me power, love, self-discipline and a sound mind. Ref.: 2 Timothy 1:7
In God alone my soul finds rest. He is my Rock, the only one who can save me. He is my high place of safety. I will not be tense with fear when troubles come. I will never be shaken. Ref.: Psalm 62:1-2
The Lord my God of all grace will restore me and make me strong, firm and steadfast. I will be stronger than ever. Ref.: 1 Peter 5: 10
I don’t worry about my situation. Although it seems like impossible, I trust and believe that with God everything is possible. Ref.: Matthew 19:26
I believe and accept that I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength and power. Ref.: Philippians 4:13
Heavenly Father! In accordance to your word, I ask you: Give me strength to face every day. Give me strength for tough times and power to win my battles. Give me the patience to wait on you. I am convinced that in due time you will renew my strength. I will mount up with wings like eagles. I will run, and not be weary. I will walk, and not get tired. Ref.: Isaiah 40:28-31
I trust and believe that you, Oh Lord, will strengthen me. You will help me! You will supply all my needs with your righteous right hand. Ref.: Isaiah 41:10
I know that God is the one who gives me strength. He clears the path I need to take. He prepares me for the daily battle of life and gives me strength to overcome anything and to always stand firm and courageous. Ref.: Psalm 18:32-34
Go to Top