The following prayers are for you to pray for restoration of your marriage and also a prayer that you can pray to restore the marriage of others.
As Christians we go through difficult times in our marriages much like the unsaved world. However the one thing we have is our Savior Jesus Christ whom we go to with our marriage restoration prayers.
He is waiting on us to come to Him and allow Him to work in our lives. The word of God says “Whom God has joined together let no man put asunder”. Therefore, it is His will that your marriage should work. When you go to Him in prayer keep this in mind so that you do not doubt that this is His will for your life.
There are times when even after you’re prayed these prayers for restoration of your marriage it still does not get restored. Well, there are several things you need to keep in mind:
- Are you both saved? If not then you need to look at the Prayer of Salvation also know as the Sinners Prayer
- God wants what is best for both of you so you need to be open to where He will lead you. You should both be praying through this process and confessing your sins so that there is nothing standing in the way of your answered prayers.
Here is the Marriage Restoration Prayer that can be prayed for someone that you know who may ask you to pray for them.
Lord, I come in the name of Jesus asking that you to make a way in this wilderness of healing and restoration for ________ (name of wife & husband) in their marriage. Lord, that your grace is sufficient to carry them through difficult times, your power is made perfect in their weaknesses and the power of Christ is in them. 2 Corinthians 12:9 As Christians, greater is You that is in _____________ (name of wife & husband) than the evil one in the world because your power is greater than the power of Satan and all who do his work. 2 Chronicles 32:7 I am so thankful that You are watching to make certain that your Word is fulfilled and that You are performing it in our marriage. Jeremiah 1:12 Thank you that you will complete the work that you started in this marriage. Philippians 1:6 O Sovereign LORD, you are God! Your words are trustworthy, and you have promised these good things to me. You have said that You will build a home for them and that it pleases You to bless their marriage so it will continue before You forever. You have spoken, and with your blessing, this home and marriage will be established with blessings forever. II Samuel 7:25-29
Lord, I pray that you will allow healing and reconciliation to take place. That whatever hurts or disappointments they have experienced can be mended through the power of your undying eternal Love. We realize Father that they cannot change anything that has happened. But, they can go forth together keeping, renewing and once again honoring their vows. We ask that you endow them with wisdom to endure and a tongue that speaks healing, restoration & peace.
Abba, I ask that you would mend their hearts closely together and be the center of their marriage. Lord we ask that they seek forgiveness for any wrong doing. We pray that they extend love and patience to one another and that the lines of communication, sensitivity as well as understanding are once again opened. We ask that you will allow all the pain, hurt and disappointment to begin to subside. Lord we ask that forgiveness is welcomed by each of them. Lord we ask that you would allow your JOY to flow once again from heart to heart between them. Father we ask that you direct them as they seek you first in building trust, transparency and intimacy. Father we pray peace over their household, in the name of Jesus, Amen.
Here is a Prayer for Restoration of Marriage that you can pray for yourself.
Almighty Father, You are omniscient, omnipotent and able to do things that are impossible for man. I humble myself before you today Lord and ask you to restore my marriage. Please bring my wife/husband back to me so that we can fulfill Your word that those whom You have joined together let no man put asunder. Forgive me for my part of sin in this separation and show me what I need to do to restore my relationship with You and my relationship with her/him. I Pray, O Lord, to reunite us in Jesus name. Please have mercy upon us O God and I will always be thankful to You for restoring my marriage . I ask for the forgiveness of our sins. I pray for all those people who are may have come in between our relationship that you would set them on the right path and reveal to them the truth of your Word. I freely offer my forgiveness to them for their part in this separation. Fill us all with your Holy Spirit and guide us into your truth. I forgive my spouse for all the past hurt and pain and pray that you would cleanse my mind and my heart from carrying any thoughts that are not from you, in Jesus Name, Amen
We pray that the Lord will honor your prayer and that He will indeed restore you marriage according to His word. Please visit us again and take some time to look around our site for more Prayers. God Bless you and keep you and cause His face to shine upon you and grant you His peace.
Lord I pray to you today that my relationship with my boyfriend can be reconciled. I pray that through the power of the Holy Spirit his heart can be softened and he can forgive me for causing him pain.
Lord I never meant to be a pain and I am working on myself to change that so I never do that again. I pray that he remembers how much he loves me and how much he wants to still spend the rest of his life with me and raise a family.
I feel you brought me to this man when I prayed to meet the man of my dreams. I was so lonely and hurt and you brought this wonderful man into my life.
Now I pray for a miracle that his heart can be changed and we can reconcile this relationship that was on its way to marriage and forever. I truly do want this man forever and I would not be asking for this if I didn’t think he was the one I was supposed to marry.
Thank you Lord. I pray for your miracle. I know that all things are possible through you. Please forgive me for my sins and the burden carry
I renounce and repent for myself and for all those in my family generational line and also as a current member of the body of Christ for:
• Not interceding for justice.
• Rebellion, treachery, falsehood, muttering wicked things, disunity, mockery, and not valuing truth.
• Those who cursed or crushed the children of God who were weaker, injured, or immature. I bless them and pray that they will come into the full knowledge of Christ.
• All participation that I have had in causing the shredding the Body of Christ.
• Resisting the Kingdom of the Lord, driving out the priests of the Lord, the sons of Aaron and the Levites, and making our own people priests as other lands do.
• Removing the Ark of the Covenant from its rightful place, subjecting it to defilement and birthing the name Ichabod, “The Glory has departed.”
• Those who stole the manna and Aaron’s rod out of the Ark of God, thus cursing our provision and our authority.
• Giving the enemy legal access to the ark and its contents and causing the defilement of the ark.
• All my sins against the sanctuary, the sin of abomination that leads to desolation.
• Defiling my body as the Temple of the Holy Spirit.
• Ungodly worship and for despising and disdaining Godly worship.
• Attempting to connect God’s worship with ungodly worship.
• Worshipping heavenly bodies and any forms of ungodly light.
• Any generational worship of any counterfeit deity that established itself against the true priestly order of Melchizedek.
• Profaning the covenant of our fathers by breaking faith with one another.
• Teaching false doctrine that does not agree with the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and with Godly teaching. I repent for an unhealthy interest in controversy and for quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicion, and constant friction.
• Ungodly sacrifices and sexual perversion that defiled the holy places of the Lord.
• All unholy alliances that mingle the seed of God with the seed of Satan.
• Cooperating with the perversion of our DNA and all genetic and spiritual components of DNA, including the cellular and sub-cellular levels.
• Believing I have the right to create life, alter life, or destroy life.
• The sin of passivity and for not standing or speaking out against the sin of trying to create life, manipulate life, or destroy life.
• Sacrificing our children and unborn children on the fires of Molech and for all shedding of innocent blood.
• Exchanging Your true divine light for the counterfeit light of Satan.
• Not being in my position or sphere of influence as a watchman over the creation of God and therefore relinquishing my position of stewardship of the creation by not subduing it in accord with Godly principles.
• Speaking against the Most High, oppressing His saints, and trying to change the set times and the laws.
Lord, please reconnect us to You, our Head and true source, and cut any ungodly connections that would cause any ungodly electrical impulses. Lord, please balance all electro-magnetic fields that would deceive, defile, corrupt, and contaminate our spirits, souls and bodies.
Please disconnect me from all ungodly heavenly places.
Please complete our regeneration.
Please cleanse and reconnect the DNA of our bloodlines and of the Body of Christ and weld the fragments together with the fire and glory of God.
Please give me discernment of my memories in my brain and in my cells. Please allow me to know if they are true or false, if they are past or present, ancestral or my own. Please give me your wisdom and direction to know what to do with your answer.
Oh Lord, the great and awesome God who keeps His covenant of love with all who love Him and obey His commands, we have sinned and done wrong. We have committed iniquity. We have done wickedly and rebelled and even by departing from Your precepts and judgments. Neither have we heeded Your servants, the prophets, who spoke in Your name, to our kings and to our princes, to our fathers and all of the people of the land.
I declare that You are the head and establisher of the true priestly line of Melchizedek.
I declare that You are the One who establishes us as living stones who are being built into a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to You Father, through Jesus Christ.
I declare that I am part of a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God and that we will reign on earth with You.
Now therefore, O God, hear the prayer of Your servants, and our supplications, and for the Lord’s sake cause Your face to shine on Your sanctuary, which is desolate. O Lord God, incline Your ear and hear; open Your eyes and see our desolations, and the city which is called by Your name; for we do not present our supplications before You because of our righteous deeds, but because of Your great mercies. O Lord, hear! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, listen and act! Do not delay for Your own sake, O God, for Your city and Your people are called by Your name.
The prayers provided on this website have been developed during bible studies, prayer sessions and through revelation. We have faith that they have been provided by God and we test them all against God’s Holy Word. These prayers are not a quick fix. Instead, they are starting points as you work out your freedom in Christ. Be ready to adjust these prayers as you and those you pray with listen to the Holy Spirit. Permission is given to reproduce this prayer in its entirety provided that no changes are made. In addition, please reference Aslan’s Place and www.aslansplace.com on all reproductions.
This prayer is included in our book Prayers for Generational Deliverance.
Click here to order a comb bound copy of our prayer book.
Click here to order the eBook version.