The morning is the perfect time to pray. It gets you focused on God and helps you meditate on those you love and yourself, as well. There are many great ways to pray in the morning. Here are 7 of them.
Table of contents
Dear Lord, thank you so much for another day of life on Earth. Thank you for another beautiful sunrise to enjoy. Thank you for the wonderful sounds of nature, from the cool breeze brushing through the trees to the birds singing melodies. You are a wonderful God, full of grace and mercy. I praise you for allowing me another day to spend with my family. I love you Father! Amen.
“The flowers appear on the earth, the time of singing has come,
and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land.”
Song of Solomon 2:12
Dear Lord, I pray that you would give me strength to be strong for You in the world today. Lord, you know the struggles that I will face today. Be with me as I go through them. Carry me if I am too weak to move. If I stumble in them, forgive me Father. When I succeed in them, I will praise You! You are worthy of all praise and honor. Amen.
“My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”
Dear Gracious Father, I praise You for my family. Thank you for my spouse. Even in his/her weaknesses, I love him/her unconditionally. Thank you for my children. Every time I hear the pitter-patter of their feet across the house I smile. Joy overwhelms me Father! Be with my family today as they go their separate ways. Bring us all back home safely to each other I pray. Amen.
“Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house;
your children will be like olive shoots around your table.”
Dear God, I thank you for my job. You have provided me with a steady income and I thank you. I pray that you watch over me today at work and I pray that there are no accidents, so that everyone can go back to their homes. I thank you that my job has provided an income to support me and my family. I thank you for the provisions that you have given to me, my house, car and food. I pray for safe travels to and from work and I pray that you will use me as you see fit today for Your Glory. Amen.
“Commit your work to the Lord,
and your plans will be established.”
Men and Women Overseas
Dear Merciful Father, I pray that you would keep your hand on our men and women defending our country so that we can be free. Be with our soldiers as they go onto their assignments. Bring them back to base safely. I praise you for our brave men and women! I thank you for our brave men and women! I also pray that you give them the skills that they need in every moment, so that they can come back home safely to their families.
“Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war,
and my fingers for battle.”
Dear Lord, I pray today that I will yield my spirit completely to You, that You may use me as You please. I pray that You will provide me opportunities to show people how much You mean to me. Give me discretion to know what to say and how to say it. Make me bold enough, that I may proclaim salvation cheerfully and joyfully. I pray that the seeds You allow me to plant will grow and mature. I pray that You, Father, will water the seeds that You allow me to plant today. I am forever grateful for the cross; may I proclaim it in a contagious way today. Amen.
“Do not be anxious about how you should defend yourself
or what you should say,
for the Holy Spirit will teach you
in that very hour what you ought to say.”
Dear Glorious Father, I pray that I will stay focused on you today. I pray that You will constantly remind me to be content in all of my circumstances. I pray that You will fill me up that I may be joyful all day, even if stress creeps in. I know that through my contentment, You will be glorified. I want to honor You, Father, in all that I do. I praise Your Holy Name! Amen
“Not that I am speaking of being in need,
for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.
I know how to be brought low,
and I know how to abound.
In any and every circumstance,
I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger,
abundance and need.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
You can have such wonderful encounters with God when you approach His throne in the morning. I encourage you to start praying when you wake up, if you aren’t already doing so. When you wake with God you take Him with you too. God bless you as you live a life worthy of the calling.
Looking for some more prayers? Take a look at this similar article:
10 Powerful Prayers for Strength
Resources – The Holy Bible, English Standard Version “Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version® (ESV®), copyright © 2001 by Crossway, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.”, YouTube “Morning Has Broken” by Steven Curtis & Caleb Chapman.
Would you like to get the daily question in your FB messenger? Just click the button below to get started.
Share this post
: | | | |
A morning prayer is a wonderful way to focus your time and attention on seeking God’s plan for the day ahead. Whether you need encouragement, peace, strength, or rest, God can meet you in a very real and present way when you come before Him with a humble heart. Seek God’s presence each morning before your energy and attention is pulled by all the tasks you have ahead.
Here are 10 helpful morning prayers to start your day:
1. “Lord, may nothing separate me from You today. Teach me how to choose only Your way today so each step will lead me closer to You. Help me walk by the Word and not my feelings. Help me to keep my heart pure and undivided. Protect me from my own careless thoughts, words, and actions. And keep me from being distracted by MY wants, MY desires, MY thoughts on how things should be. Help me to embrace what comes my way as an opportunity… rather than a personal inconvenience. And finally, help me to rest in the truth of Psalm 86:13, ‘Great is your love toward me.’ You already see the ways I will fall short and mess up. But right now, I consciously tuck Your whisper of absolute love for me into the deepest part of my heart. I recognize Your love for me is not based on my performance. You love me warts and all. That’s amazing. But what’s most amazing is that the Savior of the world would desire a few minutes with me this morning. Lord, help me to forever remember what a gift it is to sit with You like this. Amen.”
– Lysa Terkeurst
“I have set the LORD always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.” – Psalm 16:8
3. “Dear Lord, I don’t know who or what will cross my path today. But I do know that You are my Rock and my Fortress. You are my Shield and my Strong Tower. Help me to anchor myself to You today. Teach me how to stand strong in You and choose only Your way today. Help me walk by Your truth and not my feelings. Help me to embrace anything that comes my way as an opportunity to see You at work and as an opportunity to point others to You. Thank You that You love me and nothing can ever take that away from me! Even if I fail today and fall short, You whisper Your unconditional love deep into my soul and remind me that Your mercies are new every morning. That truly amazes me, Lord. Thank You for meeting with me today. Would You wake me again tomorrow with the same sweet whisper of Your love? I can’t wait to meet with You again. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
– Wendy Blight
“You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in You.” Isaiah 26:3
5. “Lord, grant me tenacious winsome courage as I go through this day. When I am tempted to give up, help me to keep going. Grant me a cheerful spirit when things don’t go my way. And give me courage to do whatever needs to be done. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”
– Dr. Ray Pritchard
“For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and self-discipline.” 2 Timothy 1:7
6. “Father, my heart is heavy. I feel like I have to carry the burden alone. Words like overwhelmed, distraught, exhausted seem to describe where I am. I am not sure how to let you carry my heavy load, so please show me how. Take it from me. Let me rest and be refreshed so that my heart won’t be so heavy in the morning. In Jesus’ name. Amen.”
– Ron Moore
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your mind in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
7. “Dear Lord, help me remember what a difference it makes when I make time with You a priority in my morning. Awaken me in body and spirit each day with a desire to meet with You and to hear You speak words of affirmation, assurance and wisdom over my heart as I prepare to go into my day. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
– Traci Miles
“If any of your lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.” James 1:5
9. The prayer of Jabez: “Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, ‘Oh, that You would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let Your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.'” 1 Chronicles 4:10
10. “I got up early one morning
And rushed right into the day;I had so much to accomplishThat I didn’t have time to pray.Problems just tumbled about me,And heavier came each task;’Why doesn’t God help me?’ I wondered.He answered, ‘You didn’t ask.’I wanted to see joy and beautyBut the day toiled on gray and bleakI wondered why God didn’t show meHe said, ‘But you didn’t seek’,I tried to come into God’s presence;I used all my keys in the lock.God gently and lovingly chided,’My child, you didn’t knock.’I woke up early this morning,And paused before entering the day;I had so much to accomplishThat I had to take time to pray.” -Author Unknown, The Difference
Please let us know how these morning prayers have helped you in the comments below! Join our large praying community and experience the peace and joy that God freely gives each day.
For more daily encouragement, read our 30 Inspirational Quotes that will help you shine your light today!
This article is part of our larger Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can’t find the words to pray.
Prayer for Healing
Prayer for StrengthPrayer for ProtectionMorning PrayersGood Night PrayersSerenity PrayerA Birthday PrayerSinner’s PrayerPrayer for ForgivenessPrayer for GuidanceIntercessory PrayerPrayer for PeacePrayer for FaithPrayer for Love
Now available is our new Daily Prayer devotional! An easy way to find start your day with prayer, read today’s prayer and sign up to receive by email.
Bible verses about morning prayer
It’s always great to pray in the morning. Give the Lord thanks for everything. Wake up to some great Scriptures that you can put anywhere in your room. When we wake up the flesh wants everything, but prayer. It wants to check emails, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, the news, etc. That is why we must live by the Spirit. Pour your heart out to God and connect with the Lord to start your day off in the best way.
What does the Bible say?
1. Psalm 143:8 Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.
2. Psalm 90:14 Satisfy us in the morning with your loyal love! Then we will shout for joy and be happy all our days!
3. Psalm 5:3 In the morning, O LORD, hear my voice. In the morning I lay my needs in front of you, and I wait.
4. Psalm 119:147 I rise before dawn and cry for help; I have put my hope in your word.
5. Psalm 57:7-10 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music. Awake, my soul! Awake, harp and lyre! I will awaken the dawn. I will praise you, Lord, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples. For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
6. Psalm 86:11-12 Teach me your way, LORD, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever.
7. Psalm 25:5 Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.
8. Psalm 119:35 Lead me in the path of your commandments, for I delight in it.
When you feel like you can’t get up or you need strength.
9. Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
10. Psalm 59:16 But as for me, I will sing about your power. Each morning I will sing with joy about your unfailing love. For you have been my refuge, a place of safety when I am in distress.
11. Isaiah 33:2 LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress.
12. Psalm 73:26 My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever.
13. Psalm 86:2 Guard my life, for I am faithful to you; save your servant who trusts in you. You are my God.
14. Psalm 40:11 Do not withhold your mercy from me, LORD; may your love and faithfulness always protect me.
15. Psalm 140:4 Guard me, O LORD, from the hands of the wicked; preserve me from violent men, who have planned to trip up my feet.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.