Have you ever needed supernatural strength to face a situation head-on, but not known what to pray? God is waiting and wants to offer us strength in time of need. Do not be afraid to pray and ask God for His strength to fall upon you! When you are weak, weary or unready to stand, and unsure of what to ask, pray along with these words!
Table of contents
- 1 A Prayer for Strength
- 2 A Prayer for Strength and Encouragement
- 3 A Prayer for Strength to Endure
- 4 Additional Prayer Resources
- 5 7 Prayers for Strength
- 6 Prayers for Strength and Courage
- 7 Scripture For Strength and Courage
- 8 Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Prayers for Strength and Guidance”
- 9 Recent prayer requests…
A Prayer for Strength
Lord, I’m weary. My energy is sagging, and my motivation is lagging. And I am so in need of you. I need your strength and your fresh touch to get back on track again. Your Word says the joy of the Lord is my strength. If that’s true, then I need your joy to replace all the bone-tired parts of my mind, body, and soul.
The pressures of life sometimes push me into a corner, rendering me helpless to move forward. A hundred voices call my name, and I feel paralyzed at times to answer, not knowing where to turn. Lord, help me not to quit, to keep running the race faithfully, and to find strength in that safe, secret place of yours, under the shadow of the Almighty.
I need your strength to say no when I’m tempted to surrender to harmful things, or when selfishness clings to my clothes and won’t let go. I need your strength to say yes, when cowardice and fear nudge me to deny the convictions of my heart. I need your strength to reach out in love to those both close to me and all around me. When don’t I need your strength, God?
You are my rock, and I run to you today, believing that you will lift up my heavy arms, that you will fuel me for the tasks you’ve given me, and that your joy will completely consume the weakness of my life and make me strong again. I don’t want to stay grounded, crippled by limitations and failed attempts. I’m tired of feeble efforts. Lord, I want to mount up with wings like an eagle and not just fly. I want to soar.
Renew my strength, Lord. Fill me with your supernatural power to overcome each obstacle in my path. With my eyes on you, Lord, with you walking beside me, working through me, I can make it. Thank you, Lord!
In Jesus’s name, Amen
A Prayer for Strength and Encouragement
Lord, like David, I need your encouragement in a time of trial and anguish. Thank you that you are always on the throne, always my God, ready to save. Thank you for being the same God to me that you were to David. Thank you for always being near and always rescuing me from my fears and hurts. Lord, help me remember that daybreak might be just ahead, that this trial will not last forever. Fill me with hope that daybreak is coming and that your love will always prevail! In Jesus’ Name, Amen!
~ A Good Thing Devotional
A Prayer for Strength to Endure
Lord, I am weary and don’t know when this “race” will end in my life. I feel like I’ve been running forever, trying to outrun this trial. Help me to stop trying to outrun my pain but rather run with endurance the race you have set before me. I know that because of you I am ultimately a victor over the trials in my life. I know that nothing in this world can separate me from your steadfast love. Please give me a measure of your love today; give me the strength to endure this trial. Thank you for your love for me that never ends! And thank you for the crown of joy that awaits me forever in your Kingdom!
~ Adrian Rogers, Love Worth Finding
What are you praying for strength for today? Join our large praying community in the comments below and experience the power, hope, and comfort of being joined in prayer!
Here are more Prayers for Strength when you need God to lift you up in hard times!
Additional Prayer Resources
Here is a collection of some of our favorite Bible verses about the promises of God’s strength. May these give you hope and encouragement to persevere with a bold confidence! Find the complete list at BibleStudyTools.com’s Scripture page.
- “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.” ~ Isaiah 40:29
- “those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” ~ Isaiah 40:31
- “But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” ~ 2 Corinthians 12:9
- “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” ~ Psalm 46:1
- “The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him. The LORD is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.” ~ Psalm 28:7-8
Rebecca Barlow Jordan is an inspirational author, speaker, and passionate follower of Jesus who loves to encourage others heart to heart. She has written 11 books and over 1700 other articles, greeting cards, and other inspirational pieces. Her daily devotional Daily in Your Presence is available for delivery through Crosswalk.com. You can find out more about Rebecca at www.rebeccabarlowjordan.com.
Publication date: August 4, 2015, Updated: January 22,2018
This article is part of our larger Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can’t find the words to pray.
Prayer for Healing
Prayer for StrengthPrayer for ProtectionMorning PrayersGood Night PrayersSerenity PrayerA Birthday PrayerSinner’s PrayerPrayer for ForgivenessPrayer for GuidanceIntercessory PrayerPrayer for PeacePrayer for FaithPrayer for Love
Now available is our new Daily Prayer devotional! An easy way to find start your day with prayer, read today’s prayer and sign up to receive by email.
A Prayer for Strength is often needed during difficult times. God is always here for us, to give us strength and lift our hearts when all seems hopeless.
“I can do all things through Christ, which strengthens me.”
Most of us realize that our own strength is not always enough to get through some of the situations that this life brings.
At those difficult times, it is wise to call on God for extra strength and for His strength to help sustain you when your own strength fails. (Psalms 28:8 and Isaiah 40:29)
7 Prayers for Strength
Below we have 7 prayers for strength submitted by pastors and clergy. Contribute to this site by submitting your own prayer for strength.
Or, submit a prayer request below.
Give Me Strength, Lord
Lord, you are Holy above all others, and all of the strength that I need is in your hands.
I am not asking, Lord, that you take this trial away. Instead, I simply ask that Your will be done in my life. Whatever that means, that is what I want.
But I admit that it’s hard, Lord.
Sometimes I feel like I can’t go on. The pain and the fear are too much for me, and I know that I don’t have the strength on my own to get through this.
I know that I can come to you, Jesus, and that you will hear my prayer. I know that it is not your intent to bring me to this point just to leave me in the wilderness alone.
Please, Lord, give me the strength that I need to face today. I don’t have to worry about tomorrow.
If you just give me the strength that I need today that is all I need.
Keep me from sinning during this trial. Instead, help me to keep my eyes on you. You are the Holy Lord, and all of my hope rests in you.
Thank you for hearing my prayer.
In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Get strength for your relationships: Relationship Prayers.
For Strength and Wisdom
Thank you, Lord, for being there for me and allowing me to cry out to you in my times of need.
It is amazing to me that the Lord of the Universe would take time to listen to me and to care about what I say.
God, there are things happening around me right now that I do not understand. Some of these things make me feel weak, helpless and afraid.
Even in the midst of this, I know that you are the Lord.
I know that the situation is in Your hand, and I trust You.
I beseech you for strength and for wisdom that I would be able to endure this situation and be able to handle it in a way that would bring glory to Your name.
In Jesus name. Amen.
Don’t ever be ashamed at feeling weak. Remember what the Bible says in 2 Corinthians 12:10:
“Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.”
Check out our collection of Inspirational Prayers
Prayer for Overcoming Life’s Hardships
O Lord, we call upon You in our time of sorrow,
That You give us the strength and will to bear our heavy
burdens, until we can again feel the warmth and love of
Your divine compassion. Be mindful of us and have mercy
on us while we struggle to comprehend life’s hardships.
Keep us ever in Your watch, til we can walk again with
light hearts and renewed spirits.
Strength for a Friend
Lord, I come before you today knowing that all power is in Your hand.
I know that you are the Lord and that you care for your people.
Right now, my friend is struggling with a difficult trial.
I can see her strength is faltering, Lord, and know that you have all of the strength that she needs.
I pray that you will reach down and touch her right now wherever she is at this moment.
Let your presence fill the room where she is and let her feel an extra portion of your
strength that can help her to get through this day.
She needs you now, Lord, and I thank you in advance for meeting her where she is
and shoring up her strength during this difficult time.
In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Prayers for Strength and Courage
Say these prayers when you’re in need of strength and courage. Day to day troubles are no match for the power of the Lord.
To be Grateful
Lord God, may we be grateful for our lot,
and compassionate toward all those who are
suffering every kind of distress at this
May we hold back nothing, and
hasten to be the ministers of prayer and mercy,
like the disciples of Him who went about doing
good in times of need.
Prayer for Guidance and Help
Dear Lord, I am calling upon you today for
your divine guidance and help. I am in crisis
and need a supporting hand to keep me on the
right and just path.
My heart is troubled but I will
strive to keep it set on you, as your infinite wisdom
will show me the right way to a just and right resolution.
Thank you for hearing my prayer and for staying by my side.
For Unfailing Strength
Do not look forward to what may happen
tomorrow; the same everlasting Father who cares
for you today will take care of you tomorrow and
every day. Either He will shield you from suffering,
or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it.
Be at peace, then. Put aside all anxious thoughts and
imaginations, and say continually: “The Lord is my
strength and my shield. My heart has trusted in Him
and I am helped. He is not only with me but in me,
and I in Him.
Scripture For Strength and Courage
Lets go straight to the source, and read bible verses about strength in trying times.
“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Click here to read more bible verses for strength, and Bible verses for courage.
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Prayers for Strength and Guidance”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Work visa and ticket- Please pray for me that my former boss in Doha will agree to give me a job and process my work visa and send me… …
- Strength needed- Dear Heavenly Father, please give me strength as I am struggling with my weaknesses and paying for my negligence. …
- Find a permanent home- Please help me to find a permanent home that will meet all mine & my cat’s needs before the 60 days are up…by the end… …
- Asking for strength- I just want the lord to give me strength each and every day to walk right in his path and when spiritual war far is… …
- The enemy- I am being attacked by evil spirits and they have attached themselves to me!! I have Faith a trust in the lord that my prayers… …
- Healing- Good morning Father God. Father give me the strength to overcome this stronghold that has held me captive for to long. Father I need your… …
- Lord Jesus I come to in need of strength- Lord Jesus, I come to in need of strength. At this point, I am a week on my own and I need you to give… …
- Closer walk with God- The Almighty to give me the strength to believe in Him no matter what is going on in my life. Strength to know that He… …
- For Grieving Widow and Daughter- Lord, the Bible says You are “close to the brokenhearted and those whose spirits are crushed” (Psalm 34:18, NLT). Draw close to me… …
- Failed attempts at trying to do the right thing- I am a believer in Jesus and his perfect will for my life. There are things I want to lose the feel for. I don’t… …
- Prayer for Guidance on my Driving Test- As I attempt for the third time to get my driver’s license. Please pray for me so I may receive Jesus’ guidance to help me… …
- Lost job- I lost my job last week without warning. I believe Satan is trying to confuse and stop me. …
- Prayer for letting go of negative thoughts- Please pray for me to stop thinking negative thoughts. I keep getting these evil thoughts in my head throughout the day and I want them… …
- Order in my house- I am a 78-year-old woman and I need to declutter and tidy up my home so I can sell and move to a smaller residence.… …
- Strengthen Us- God please continue to give me the strength to keep going and get pass this cancer God please help me and my husband find the… …
- Strength- I pray for strenght to continue fighting for my health, my family’s finances, my insecurities, my work challenges. Give me wisdom to choose what is… …
- Prayer for husband- Please pray for my husband whom is battling lung and hip bone cancer, praying for strength to us through all this chemo . Praying to… …
- Pass my board exam- Please pray for me to pass my Board Exam in coming this March. This is my 2nd time to take again. I got feel afraid… …
- Direction- Please can I be prayed for to find direction in my life and to stop repeating the same self-defeating mistakes. Thank you …
- Give me strength to get through this rough time I am enduring!- Give me the strength to endure this rough patch that I’m going through! Please lead me in the right way! Help me to never give… …
More prayers posted in: Strength
LoveThisPic is a place for people to come and share inspiring pictures, quotes, DIYs, and many other types of photos. The user ‘Timfly’ has submitted the Pray For Strength picture/image you’re currently viewing. You have probably seen the Pray For Strength photo on any of your favorite social networking sites, such as Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr, Twitter, or even your personal website or blog. If you like the picture of Pray For Strength, and other photos & images on this website, please create an account and ‘love’ it. This will save the Pray For Strength to your account for easy access to it in the future. We hope you enjoy this Pray For Strength Pinterest/Facebook/Tumblr image and we hope you share it with your friends. Incoming search terms: Pictures of Pray For Strength, Pray For Strength Pinterest Pictures, Pray For Strength Facebook Images, Pray For Strength Photos for Tumblr.
By Rev. Victor Fuhrman
There are times throughout our lives when we need to call on a higher source for the courage and strength to face the challenges that test our body, mind and spirit. The following prayers touch upon many of these occasions, such as prayers for strength during serious illness, difficult times, divorce, caring for elderly parents and more. All of these prayers may be adapted to meet your specific needs.
Rev. Victor Fuhrman is an interfaith minister. Visit his website. For all original prayers in this gallery, Copyright, 2010, Rev. Victor Fuhrman, all rights reserved.