Here is a collection of Prayers for Meetings of any kind: Business meetings, Sunday school meetings, church or family meetings, and prayer meetings.
Opening Prayer for Meeting
Lord, we are meeting today to conduct matters
of business. Guide our hearts and our minds in the
spirit of fairness, right thought and speech. Impart your
supreme wisdom upon our activities so that our affairs
may reach a successful conclusion. Thank you for being
our source of guidance today. Amen!
Read our full collection of Opening and Closing Prayers
Prayer to Come to an Agreement
Dear God, we seek your help with our affairs today.
Bless this meeting with your divine intelligence, and
help us to make the best use of our own. We are
of diverse opinion here. Yet we wish to mend our
differences and reach agreement satisfactory to all.
Please share a little of your wisdom with us to help
us do right by all concerned. Thank you for your
Heavenly blessing. Amen!
Sunday School Meeting
O God, we thank You for this privilege of meeting
today in Your house. Help us worship You
acceptably. Bless Your word to us all.
Bless our pastor and people, in the name
of Your Son Jesus Christ. Amen.!
School Board Meeting Prayer
Loving and Gracious God, you are indeed the giver of all good gifts
and we thank you today for all your blessings, for the successful outcomes
of our school events and for all our staff members, both the teaching and
We ask that you bless them abundantly and we continue to seek your wisdom,
guidance, courage and strength. Be with us in our deliberations and help us
to be wise in the decisions we make for the good of all those who have placed
their trust and confidence in our leadership.
Give us insight to lead with integrity that our decisions may reflect what is
right and good. Keep us from short-sightedness and pettiness. Help us to make
decisions that are for the good of all and guard us from blind self interest.
Dear Lord, grant us the humility to always seek your will in all that we do and say.
All Glory be to you, loving God, now and always through Christ and the Holy Spirit
forever and ever. Amen.
Hosting a prayer meeting? Check out these great Prayer Meeting Ideas.
Family Meeting Prayer
Our family gathers today in joyous occasion,
thanks to our Lord who looks after us all.
Bless this happy meeting and may we all
be praised in Your gracious name!
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Prayers for Meetings”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Revival youth meeting – Hello. I am Eric, youth leader at a local church in Belgium. I would like to pray so that God will richly bless our youth …
- Marriage – A marriage that please God.
- Relationship – I want fiancee meet with me and try to resolve things so we can move on with our lives and maybe still have a chance …
- Relive the eval at my work. – I’m in management and it seems like no matter how much or how hard I try their are few that are never satisfied. They pick …
- Help Us Set A Course – Lord, we have many things to do, And that’s why we rely on you To bring our hearts and souls in synch, That we might …
- Help Me Focus – By countless means on endless days, Confusions multiply the ways, In which my mind and heart must turn. I must somehow restrain my thought, And …
- Relationship – I’m in love with a girl called Pavithra, please pray that she has to accept my love.
- protection – please pray with me my hubby is not responsible. iam in debts
- Divorce. I am asking for prayers for a settlement agreement on Jan. 23 – I am asking for prayers for a settlement agreement on Jan. 23. Been going through a divorce for over a year. His planning to tell …
- A prayer for Shpresa – Dear: Our Father Who Art In Heaven I pray to you please write it in heaven to make the jobcentre to accept my mums application …
- Prayer before class – A prayer before class,Lord, help us in our work today give us concentration so that may we listen, understand, learn and have a peaceful mind …
- Prayer Before School – My dear heavenly fater,Thank you for giving us life,for sustaining our physical materials ang spiritual needs.Thank you to for the many blessings you bestowed on …
- Protect Our Marriage – Prayer – Let us Pray.Lord, I pray that You would establish in me and (name of your wife or husband) eg JAMES, lets bonds of love that …
- Prayer for successful meeting – dear st.jude, please let thing go well for me and healthcare services group. so that fernando, does not come back to work for silver lake …
- Prayer for the youth – How wonderful you are Lordfor giving us a life which is full of enthusiasm and energy.How wonderful you are Lordfor giving us the gift of …
- Opening prayer for a Retirement Dinner – Heavenly Father! Thank you for allowing us to gather here today in this joyous occasion. Bless this happy re-union, in which we ask that you …
- Prayer Before Meeting – Almighty God, our Father, we praise and thank you for this day. You have given us another opportunity to appreciate life and to fulfill our …
- help me to be strong, stand up for myself – God, in 10 minutes I meet with my boss. Things have not been easy between us. I have been beaten down by her for things …
- Business Meeting Prayer – Dear Father, thank you for creating this opportunity to conduct business. As your word says “I can do all things thru Christ who strength me”. …
- Prayer for LBD convention – *Prayer for LBD convention*Lord, as we wait on you for our upcoming convention, Guide our hearts and our minds in the spirit of fairness, right …
- A Beautiful Morning Prayer – Dearest Almighty Father, We give You thanks for today. Thank You so much for giving me these eyes. May I use these eyes to help …
- Prayer for a difficult Meeting – Lord, we come before you this day (evening) and we ask your divine help. You know that we are about to make some difficult decisions …
- Prayer before work meeting – (Wellington ) Our lord and gracious god, guide us and protect us from influences beyond our control. Help us weave through uncertain times and stay …
- I come to you today and I humbly ask YOU LORD for a financial breakthrough – Dear LordI come to you today and I humbly ask YOU LORD for a financial breakthrough, I pray LORD that YOU cover my finances and …
- We Meet to Serve – We gather here today to serve our community and (your orginization)….working together to use our resources wisely.As trusted servants, we seek blessings on our deliberations …
- Special Prayer of thanksgiving for Healing – Lord this evening, I praise and thank you for the gift of healing. I suffered from acid reflux and it really affected me. I felt …
- Strength to do this today – Dear Lord, Give me the strength and courage to feel your presence in me to get moving today.I know I need to be a contributing …
- Family Meeting Prayer – I am facing a family meeting on Sunday 09-04 to write funeral thank you notes. I am overwhelmed with fear about the meeting – that …
- Prayer to Come to an Agreement – we seek your help with our affairs today.Bless this meeting with your divine intelligence, and help us to make the best use of our own. …
- prayer before class – Lord,May all that we do this day,from morning until night,begin with your inspiration,and continue with your powerful help.May our work this daybe rooted in love …
- Morning Prayer for protection – God, through you men live in peace are of one mindKnowing you we have eternal life and Serving you we are truly freeShield us your …
- Thanks for the day prayer – Lord God, we thank you for this day,allowing us to see the brightness of the day, we asked for your guidance and protection. Allow us …
- Prayer for the sick before meetings – Heavenly Father, thank You so much for the wonderful opportunity that You have given to us.Make us worthy in drawing near to You.We have lots …
- Prayer Before Class – Heavenly Father and Your Beloved Son Jesus Christ,We thank you for giving us another life,We thank you for another Beautiful Morning.As we go on through …
- Father God, I Lift O’Brian Up To You… – Dear Lord, I lift O’Brian up to you in prayer. Father, I lift O’Brian’s need up to you in prayer. As you taught my: “Our …
- Prayer for a Family Meeting – Family MeetingOur family gathers today in joyous occasion,thanks to our Lord who looks after us all.Bless this happy meeting and may we allbe praised in …
- Husband to fine peace in is heart and be more like a follower of christ – Holy Father please let my husband fine peace and take the anger away from his body Let him apologize to the people he has hurt …
- Prayer to be Punctual – O god,help me to be punctual at school, for getting beautiful flowers in term of education , soveirness ,learning & to be an actual mean …
- Working Place Prayer – Dear God,Thank you God 4 this wonderful and smrt office.Lord God you are our wonderful Daddy thank for everything and for every person we are …
- pray my landlord will b merciful & honest – pray my landlord will b merciful & honest & see all my efforts 2 gain employment. pray for no bullying. pray for positive both sides. …
- Prayer for cooperation in the meeting – today i will work with all of my friends and cooperate in my group, i wil respect them love them and share with them as …
- Prayer when put to shame – Lord God and Father, how painful it is to be put to shame by another person. I feel so small and helpless. I feel broken …
- Father, let us rejoice in your presence and trust in the Holy Name of your son Jesus – Oh Father, let us rejoice in your presence and trust in the Holy Name of your son Jesus.May your love rest upon each of us, …
- we are very thankful with your love oh god in jesus name – Dear God..thank you for the gift of life for everything you showered to us,thank you also for keeping us away from danger.Today we ask your …
It’s Monday. Most of us have meetings to go to today or later this week. Here is a prayer before a meeting. It’s published on the St. Louis University Prayerbook, a site where members of the SLU community share prayers.
Heavenly Father, we come to you today asking for your guidance, wisdom, and support as we begin this meeting. Help us to engage in meaningful discussion; allow us to grow closer as a group and nurture the bonds of community. Fill us with your grace, Lord God, as we make decisions that might affect the students, staff, faculty, alumni and friends of Saint Louis University. And continue to remind us that all that we do here today, all that we accomplish, is for the pursuit of truth for the greater glory of You, and for the service of humanity. We ask these things in your name, Amen.
For other prayers on this site, see the Prayers by St. Ignatius and Others.
In the United States today, so many people are unemployed. Some are fearful of being laid off. Others wonder about promotions. Many are looking for better jobs. There are a number of issues facing our country today regarding employment. Here are 7 prayers that you can pray about specific needs in the workplace.
Prayer for Work
Most Merciful Father,
I’m at my wits end, Lord. I feel like I have tried every avenue to find work and yet I have not gotten a single phone call about my applications that I have sent out. Lord, I want to provide for my family. I want to make a steady income that can pay my rent/mortgage and provide meals for my spouse and children. Lord, you know what is best for me and I lay these burdens at your throne now. You are good all of the time, Father, and I am placing my trust in you this day. I love you Lord! Amen
Jobs at Risk
You already know before I speak what I am going to say. Nothing I say is a surprise to You and yet You yearn for my voice daily. I love You, God, because You love me as Your own child. I bring you a huge burden today, Lord. My company is downsizing because they are losing money. O gracious Lord, my department was told about potential lay-offs. I plead with You now, Father. Please keep my position safe. I am scared for my future, Lord. I pray for Your peace that truly passes all understanding. Give me an ease of mind as I continue to work at my job. Lord, if I am laid off, it is because You have allowed it and I pray that You would have another open door ready for me to walk through. You are King, Father, and I trust in Your will this day. Amen
You have blessed me with so much, Father. I have a wonderful family and church family. I thank you for Your love and I must lay a burden at Your feet. Father, You know about the promotion that I may get. Lord, it would be a huge blessing to receive it. I am not putting my faith in money, Lord. My faith is in You only. If You allow me this promotion, I will use it faithfully as You see fit. I will be responsible with it and pay off existing debts and I will continue to tithe at church. Father, I am giving this completely to You and whatever Your decision is, I will thank You because You are loving, gracious and generous even in poverty. I love You, Abba Father. Amen
I praise You because You love me in spite of all of my failures and weaknesses. You wash me in Your Word and clean my soul up more with each passage I read. Father, I bring You a burden this day. I feel like I am stuck in a dead end job with no possibility of promotion. I am barely floating above water right now. You have blessed me with other talents that I could potentially use in other career fields. Father, if You are willing, I pray for You to open a door to a different career for me. I would love to use the talents You have given me to provide for my family. Where You lead, I will follow. I praise Your name, Lord! Amen
Am I Transparent?
Blessed be Your name always. You have set my feet on a solid rock, Jesus Christ. I thank You, Jesus, for Your bravery and love that saved me from my sins on the cross. I will praise You forever! Lord, I feel like a doormat at work. I have tried to promote ideas to better the work environment while cutting down on costs. Management usually pacifies me with words they will not follow through on. They say, “we will consider it” but I know they forget about me as soon as they walk away. Father, You have provided me this job and I am grateful for it. I pray that you will soften the hearts of the leadership there. I don’t even care if they reject every idea of mine, Father. I just want to them to actually care and consider my suggestions. I just want to be seen as a person and not an object to make them money. I love You, Lord and I will follow You wherever You lead. I love You! Amen
Struggles with Co-workers
You are abounding in grace and mercy for Your children. I am so thankful that You call me Your child. Lord, work is getting stressful because of the environment I am in. Father, there are many people who hate You there and they make my life miserable because they know that I love You. I trust in James as it says, “Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds.” (James 1:2) I realize the benefit of being persecuted for believing in Jesus and I gladly accept whatever comes my way. Lord, I pray that You would soften the hearts of my co-workers. I will keep planting seeds, Lord. I pray that they will let you water them. I love you, Father. Amen
Oh Merciful Father,
My company has lost a great man to a tragic accident and his life was taken from him. Father, many people at work really loved this man and everyone is lost right now. Father, I pray for strength while I am grieving. Lord, use me to show Your love to all of those hurting at my job. I want to be the light that shines in the darkness, Father. I really need Your strength though. Carry me, Lord, as I help carry others through this difficult time. You are my strength when I am weak, Lord. I love You, Father. Amen
While there are many problems facing us all at our jobs, we have one ultimate solution and that is to trust fully in God. God knows what is best for us in all circumstances. I pray that you will trust in God fully with your employment burdens, wants and needs as you continue to live a life worthy of the calling. God bless you all.
Take a look at this article which gives some life application on trusting the Lord
Trust the Lord Bible Verses and Life Application
Would you like to get the daily question in your FB messenger? Just click the button below to get started.
Share this post
: | | | |
Part 1 Planning the Prayer Meeting
- Choose a suitable time.
Remember that people are quite busy and may not be able to make certain times for a prayer meeting. For example, It may be difficult to get people to come to an early morning or Friday night meeting. Try choosing a time that is convenient for people such as a Sunday afternoon or weekday evening.
- Think about choosing a time when there is usually a mass scheduled. That way it’s a time that would normally be convenient for people.
- A prayer meeting usually lasts about an hour, although you can adjust the time if desired.
Get the church leadership involved. Even if you want to host a prayer meeting outside of church you should keep the pastor involved. While others can lead the prayer meeting, it is important to keep the church leadership involved so that people respect the legitimacy of the prayer meeting.
Choose a venue. Usually prayer meetings will be held in a prayer room or other room at the church. You can also host small prayer meetings in other locations such as homes if you choose. Whatever the location, make sure it is ready to host the meeting and is a clean space for hosting prayers.
Announce the meeting to all members of the congregation. Announce the meeting to the members of the congregation. Make an announcement at mass or send out letters and emails. Try to get as many people involved as you can to strengthen your prayers.
Speak to individuals to encourage them to come to meetings. Sometimes people are hesitant to join or try something new. Speak to people individually and encourage them to come to the meetings. Sometimes people need just a little push to join in.
- Decide on the format.
You may keep the entire group together for prayers. If you are a big group you can also split into smaller groups for prayer. Other options include asking specific individuals to pray for specific issues or asking two or three people to pray for a specific issue and then asking another two or three people to pray for a different issue.
- You can also do a combination of formats such as beginning with everyone praying together and then allowing people to pray for personal issues in smaller groups.
Plan prayers in advance. Planning will determine the difference between a vibrant, effective prayer meeting and a dull, ineffective one. People need guidance, categories for prayer, models for prayer and boundaries for prayer. You need to keep people’s interest by planning the prayers in advance.
Choose the issues to pray for. Choose specific issues to pray for during the meeting. These issues should be relevant to the people praying and have a clear objective. This is important so that people maintain their motivation for coming together for prayer.
Part 2 Conducting the Prayer Meeting
- Consider beginning with a 1-5 minute period of silence.
Beginning with a short period of silence can help people connect to God through themselves. Encourage people to completely focus on God during this time.
- Alternatively you can sing two or three worship songs before prayer begins.
Give brief instructions about prayer. It can help to give a few instructions about prayer before beginning the prayers. People need guidance and direction in order to feel comfortable during the meeting. This way they will also be more open and willing to participate actively.
Have a short discussion about prayers and requests. Sometimes it is nice to allow people to request certain prayers or topics to pray for. However, be careful that this discussion does not take more than five minutes. It is very easy for a prayer meeting to turn into a discussion about prayer rather than a time for actual prayers.
Read a short passage from the bible. This is not required but can help get people into a spiritual mode. Make sure this passage is short; it should be about 5 minutes long and definitely no longer than 10 minutes.
The point of a prayer meeting is to pray. If you let people speak about their own personal prayers or read verses for a long time then it is no longer a prayer meeting. Make sure you keep the focus on prayer throughout the meeting.
Use variety. Make prayer meetings different from one another and use different prayers within the prayer meeting. Try different forms for the meetings such as singing prayers, changing between small and large groups, being led in prayer, praying through confessions and taking prayer requests.
Allow people to pray for short periods. Allow people to pray when they feel they want to rather than going around the circle and having everybody pray. Going around the circle is time-consuming and people end up composing their prayers as the circle gets closer to them rather than fully joining the prayers.
- Pray for one topic at a time.
Choose an issue and stick to it for a time until you are finished praying for that topic. Only once you have finished praying for that issue should you move to another. Keep prayers focused on one topic to keep the people focused and thus make those prayers strong.
- Keep things moving.
Praying for an hour can seem difficult but if you break it up into shorter prayers, including silent prayer, led prayer, read prayer, large group prayer and small group prayer then you have broken it into smaller pieces. Keep the prayers moving and over time an hour of prayers will no longer seem like a long time.
- On the other hand, don’t be afraid of silence. Give people a time to let the prayers sink in and connect with their hearts.
End the prayer meeting in a way that gives it structure and closure. One good way to end the meeting is with a Bible reading relevant to the meeting topic.
Part 3 Making the Most of the Prayer Meeting
- Be patient.
Praying out loud is difficult for some people and praying for 30-60 minutes can feel awkward at first. It takes practice. Keep working at your prayers and the group will grow together and become stronger.
- Allow for spontaneity.
You want people to feel comfortable praying so the meeting should be flexible and intentional. Create an open environment for those who attend the meeting so that they can pray with their whole hearts and minds. This will also help to get everyone to participate.
Include children if appropriate. Even though children may have shorter attention spans they can be easily included in prayer meetings. Oftentimes children will pray out loud and fully participate in the meeting, bringing energy to the prayers in their youth.
Be grateful. When God answers your prayers you should be grateful and express thanksgiving. Always express these feelings as a group as part of your prayer meetings.
Celebrate after the prayer meeting. Spend some time together after the meeting. You can have snacks or dinner such as pizza and ice cream. This brings the group together and gets the kids excited.
Add New Question
Why do Bible-reading non-Christians pray?
They may pray for guidance or for faith. They may pray for the same reasons Christians do during the meetings.
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- If there is a tragedy you can pray for petitions first. In other cases, it may be a good idea to pray for petitions last or people will take up the whole prayer meeting praying for what they want.
- If you want to engage in outreach as part of the group you should always hold the prayer meeting before outreach. It is important not to forget the purpose of the meeting, which is prayers.
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 75,845 times.
Did this article help you?