A Soldiers Prayer can be one of two things. It can be a devotional; a prayer to keep the soldier safe, out of harms way, and brave. Also, though, it can be the prayer a soldier says to keep himself close to God while away from home.
At the bottom of this page, you can share your prayer for a soldier, and help pray for others out in the battlefield.
A Prayer for Soldiers
should fate find us in battle,
May our cause be just.
May our leaders have clear vision.
May our courage not falter.
May we be triumphant an earn victory
as we show mercy to our enemies.
May our efforts bring lasting peace.
May our sacrifice be always
appreciated by those we serve.
May we return to our loved ones unharmed.
Should we be harmed, may our wounds heal.
Should we perish in the struggle,
may God embrace us and find for us
a place in His Kingdom.
We all need courage no matter our station in life. We need the courage to live gully as God would have us do. But, soldiers have a special need for courage. May God be with you and provide you with the courage needed to carry out your daily tasks, may they be on the battlefield, or safe at home.
A Prayer for Courage
Lord, I ask for courage.
Courage to face and conquer my own fears….
Courage to take me where others will not go.
I ask for strength…
Strength of body to protect others..
Strength of spirit to lead others.
I ask for dedication…
Dedication to my job, to do it well…
Dedication to my country, to keep it safe.
Give me Lord, concern…
For those who trust me and compassion for those who need me.
And please Lord…..
Through it all be at my side.
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall
abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him, and show him my salvation.
The prayer below was submitted by A.C.
Lord hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need, Amen.
If you know someone who is at war, or are a soldier yourself, we invite you to say a prayer below. By doing so, the entire Prayers For Special Help community will be able to pray with you.
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “A Soldiers Prayer”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Prayer for my deployed boyfriend’s safety – Dear lord, I come to you with a humble request that you may protect my boyfriend. Keep him, safe lord. Give him strength dear lord. …
- Lost – I am so lost. I do not know myself or recognize my face in the mirror. But my physical pains have become unbearable…Again. I don’t …
- Job vacancy – Kindly good people help pray with me to get a vacancy in the military may God bless you all.
- Repose of Souls – For the spiritual and physical protection of my cousin Tommy, who is in the military.
- Wrongful termination of rehab – God please direct me to saying the right things so I don’t get kicked out of this awesome veteran rehab program. I’ve done everything they …
- Prayer for successful basic training – Please pray for a young man to complete his very difficult basic training and to successfully move on in his career.
- Strength and wisdom – Urgent prayers for my grandson who is in the military in California to be transferred to a safe location where he can get the right …
- Calm misguided anger – Dear lord in heaven full of wisdom and grace protect me from misguided anger and vengeance, and I pray for them to understand that this …
- Protection against war – Lets pray for them .help me to pray for them for their safety and protection. May God bless them .May God bless their operation.
- Strength both in body and mind for my Marine Son – My son is attending school on a naval base (although he is a Marine).His girlfriend of 3 years cheated on him while he was gone …
- Bless our Area – Lord I praise you and Thank You for all I have and all I am Please Bless all Soldiers who are risking there lifes to …
- Pray for a Soldier – Please pray for my friend Dele, a soldier that was deployed to Nigeria. His health is not that good right now, and I need all …
- Come Home – Please my son come home from Afghanistan!
- Prayer request for a job examination – A prayer request for a new job examination (clerk), Please pray for me so that i will get success not only in my exams but …
- Prayer for my son-in-law – Lord hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform …
- Safety – I pray for j.h. to be safe, please guide him and protect him from danger, i pray that he will go home soon with his …
- Healing and marriage restoration – Lord God Almighty I trust and I believe that your Mercy , love and kindness are new every morning . You are the Creator of …
- Prayer for All our Angels : all our troops – Lord,Please give courage to all our troopsBelgian, British, Americans, Canadians, French and others.That for us all and Peace take their bootsEven if people do not …
- Prayer to Cure My Father’s Illness – My dear God,I am asking your help in curing my dad. He has been ill for 6 months now and not getting better at all. …
- A Healing Prayer for My Daughter’s Health – Lord. I am in depress need once again of your blessings n powerful healing for my daughter you know she’s already been through so much. …
More prayers posted in: Soldiers
Despite living in the shadow of the largest training base in the country, I didn’t often think about the military. I was grateful, in a general sort of way, for the “sacrifices they made,” but I seldom thought beyond the surface about what those sacrifices were. Because I sometimes met their spouses and children at church or in the community, I knew military personnel are sometimes separated from their families. But I never understood all that entailed. I knew “soldiering” came with its own set of dangers, but my superficial knowledge of the risks our military undertakes every day on our behalf was cursory, at best.
All that changed when my daughter married a member of the United States Navy. Instantly I became eager to learn as much as possible about life in the military. My son-in-law was in the middle of his first tour of duty and was out to sea as often as he was “home.” Even “home” had changed. No longer was it in the next city, or state, or even across the country. Home for him and my daughter was a rented house in a foreign country half a world away.
Because I love my new son-in-law, I now think about the military every day. I pray for its members. I pray early in the morning, late at night, and during the night watches when something awakens me and my thoughts go immediately to him. Perhaps the Lord has awakened me so I can pray, I think. So I pray.
Perhaps you, too, love a service member. Or maybe, because you’ve served in the past or know someone who has, you understand the sacrifices these men and women make to guard our safety and preserve our freedom.
I invite you to join me as I pray for the men and women who serve.
A Prayer for Soldiers and Troops:
Father, thank you for the privilege of praying for our service men and women. Like Aaron and Hur held up Moses’ arms when he grew weary in battle, we, too, can support those we love and appreciate.
Some serve far from home. We may not even know where they are, but you do. If they’re in harm’s way, protect them. Surround them with your angels like you surrounded Elijah and the children of Israel with your fiery hosts. Shield them from those who seek to do them harm. Thwart the plans of the enemy.
Some are spiritually far away from you. Maybe the horrors they’ve witnessed have caused them to question your love, care, or even existence. Reveal yourself to them in a personal, mighty way. Like Saul on the road to Damascus, help them come face to face with the risen Christ and commit their lives to follow you. Remove whatever stumbling block that keeps them from wholeheartedly surrendering to you.
For those who already have a relationship with you, strengthen their resolve to honor you with their lives. Connect them with other believers. Draw them to your Word every day. Answer their prayers. Use them as a beacon of hope in this dark world. Expand their witness and draw many around them into a saving knowledge of you because of the way they live. Give them courage to speak the truth unapologetically and stand for what is right, even when it costs them. Enable them to sacrificially serve others. Glorify yourself through them.
When they are afraid, grant them your peace. Like a cool breeze on a hot day, send your quiet confidence to wash over them. In intense situations, where they must make life-impacting, split-second decisions, may their heart beat calm and steady. Don’t allow fear to draw them down paths they shouldn’t walk or situations they should avoid. Remind them to cry out to you and experience your deliverance.
When their hearts ache with loneliness, be their constant companion. During the night watches when the world is asleep and they stand guard, bolster them with your presence. If they find their home in you, Lord, it won’t matter where they lay their head; you will be there. Prompt them to seek your presence. And when the communication channels are down, and they can’t call home, remind them they can always call upon you. Help them feel your presence as you walk beside them.
Whether they are married or single, keep their hearts, minds, and bodies pure. If they are separated from their spouse, help them remain true to the promises they made on their wedding day. Protect them from anyone who tries to lure them away from those promises. Help them seek, instead, wholesome, safe companionship. Enable their love to grow stronger despite the forces that threaten it. Prompt them to invest in their marriage, doing whatever it takes to help their spouse feel loved and treasured. Don’t allow laziness, bitterness, or apathy to creep into their relationship.
Give them the resolve to turn off, turn away, and stay away from the destructive evil of pornography. Remind them “No temptation has seized (them) except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let (them) be tempted beyond what (they) can bear. But when (they) are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that (they) can stand up under it” (1 Cor. 10:13). Help them find and take that way of escape.
Guard their health, Father. They seldom sleep enough to feel fully rested. Be their refreshment. Multiply the effects of limited sleep and opportunities to work out. It’s hard to eat right and exercise when options are limited in the field, in the air, or on a ship. Help them make wise choices about how to care for their body. Protect them from the destructive forces of drugs and alcohol.
Lord, you promise in James 1:7 that if we lack wisdom, we can ask, and you will give it to us liberally. Give our service members wisdom for every task, decision, and situation they encounter. Grant them supernatural insight to know when to speak and when to be silent, when to act and when to pray. Whatever they encounter, may they hear your voice in their ears saying, “This is the way, walk in it.”
And Father, help us, those who love them, to trust you more. Protect our hearts from fear and grow our faith. Hear our prayers, as Daniel prayed in Daniel 9:18, not because of our righteousness, but because of your great mercy.
In the strong name of Jesus I pray, Amen.
Lori Hatcher is a blogger, inspirational speaker, and author of the Christian Small Publisher’s 2016 Book of the Year, Hungry for God … Starving for Time, Five-Minute Devotions for Busy Women. A Toastmasters International contest-winning speaker, Lori’s goal is to help busy women connect with God in the craziness of everyday life. She especially loves small children, soft animals, and chocolate. You’ll find her pondering the marvelous and the mundane on her blog, Hungry for God. . . Starving for Time. Connect with her on Facebook, Twitter (@lorihatcher2) or Pinterest (Hungry for God).
Photo courtesy: ©Thinkstock/Zinkevych
Invoking God’s protection for the members of the Israel Defense Forces.
He Who blessed our forefathers Abraham, Isaac and Jacob — may He bless the fighters of the Israel Defense Forces, who stand guard over our land and the cities of our God, from the border of the Lebanon to the desert of Egypt, and from the Great Sea unto the approach of the Aravah, on the land, in the air, and on the sea.
May the Almighty cause the enemies who rise up against us to be struck down before them. May the Holy One, Blessed is He, preserve and rescue our fighters from every trouble and distress and from every plague and illness, and may He send blessing and success in their every endeavor.
May He lead our enemies under our soldiers’ sway and may He grant them salvation and crown them with victory. And may there be fulfilled for them the verse: For it is the Lord your God, Who goes with you to battle your enemies for you to save you.
Now let us respond: Amen.
Text courtesy of OU.org
Click here for names of Israeli soldiers to pray for.