of goodness and mercy, to Thy fatherly guidance we commend our family, our household and all our belongings. We commit all to Thy love and keeping; do Thou fill this house with Thy blessings even as Thou didst fill the holy House of
with Thy presence.
Keep far from us, above all else, the blemish of sin, and do Thou alone reign in our midst by Thy law, by Thy most holy love and by the exercise of every Christian virtue. Let each one of us obey Thee, love Thee and set himself to follow in his own life Thine example, that of Mary, Thy Mother and our Mother most loving, and that of Thy blameless guardian, Saint Joseph.
Protect us and our house from all evils and misfortunes, but grant that we may be ever resigned to Thy divine will even in the sorrows which it shall please Thee to send us. Finally give unto all of us the grace to live in perfect harmony and in the fullness of love toward our neighbor. Grant that every one of us may deserve by a holy life the comfort of Thy holy Sacraments at the hour of death. O Jesus, bless us and protect us.
O Mary, Mother of grace and of mercy, defend us against the wicked spirit, reconcile us with Thy Son, commit us to His keeping, that so we may be made worthy of His promises.
Saint Joseph, foster-father of our Savior, guardian of His holy Mother, head of the Holy Family, intercede for us, bless us and defend our home at all times.
Saint Michael, defend us against all the evil cunning of hell.
Saint Gabriel, make us to understand the holy will of God.
Saint Raphael, preserve us from all sickness and from every danger to our lives.
Our holy Guardian Angels, keep our feet safely on the path of salvation both day and night.
Our holy Patrons, pray for us before the throne of God.
Yea, bless this house, O God the Father, who hast created us; O God the Son, who hast suffered for us upon the holy Cross, and Thou, O Holy Spirit, who hast sanctified us in holy Baptism. May the one God in three divine Persons preserve our bodies, purify our minds, direct our hearts and bring us all to everlasting life.
Glory be to the Father, glory be to the Son, glory be to the Holy Ghost! Amen.
Prayer for families is the very foundation that keeps a family unit together. Have you heard the phrase “A family that prays together stays together”? The concept is true – a family that has their focus on praying to the Lord Jesus Christ has a foundation that may be shaken at times, but it will withstand all that comes against them.
It’s important for parents to have their children involved in family prayer because this helps build the children’s relationship with the Lord and also teaches them the importance of prayer. Families that pray together establish trust with one another, learn to pray in a fellowship, and come in agreement through Jesus. These disciplines help bring unity to the household.
The family is a small church and our ministry first starts at home. In 1 Timothy 3:5 we read, “If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s church?” Managing your family is caring for each member, teaching them God’s ways, leading them to grow in the Lord, and equipping them for adult life. Prayer is an important element in this process. A family who has a heart of prayer for each other will have a heart of prayer for the world.
Prayer for families can be done in a variety of ways – by you in your prayer closet, by praying together with your spouse, praying together as a family unit, and praying with friends. Praying for your family not only lays a foundation for family life, it also surrounds your family with protection and peace.
In many cases, the Lord reveals specific needs for your family members. He reveals pain that they may be feeling or certain things that are drawing them away from fellowship with Him. Praying for your family can give you insight from the Lord and most of all, prayer will bring you comfort as God reminds you of His promises. Perhaps some members of your family do not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Prayer for the unsaved is vital.
Prayer for Families – Sample Prayers
- Prayer for protection and provision – Father, Thank you for my family. I ask that you bless them with Your favor. Provide for all of their needs. I ask You to protect them from harm and evil. Surround them in the shadow of Your wing. Go before them and prepare the way for them. If any path is crooked, I ask you to make it straight. Protect them from the schemes of the enemy and keep them from deception. Bring Your perfect peace to their hearts. In Jesus name I pray, amen.
- Prayer for unity – Father, I thank you for blessing me with my family. I ask you to bring us into unity through You. I ask that anything that is hidden in darkness – to cause disunity – will be brought to light. I ask You to lead us into Your perfect truth and help us to be the family You intend us to be. Lord, help us to be a blessing to one another and to others. Reveal Yourself to us and let us come into agreement with You. Lead us in Your ways. Grant us compassionate hearts, fill us with Your love that does not keep records of wrong, and bring joy to our hearts when we think of one another. Bring Your perfect peace and unity into our family. In Jesus name I pray, amen.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
– We have all
and deserve God’s judgment.
, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him.
, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He
for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was
rose from the dead
according to the
. If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your
, declaring, “
Jesus is Lord
,” you will be saved from
and spend eternity with God in heaven.
What is your response?
Yes, today I am deciding to follow JesusYes, I am already a follower of JesusI still have questions
Here, we have a prayer for family to ask for God’s help in strengthening a family’s bond. Sometimes, members of our families can be the cause of a lot of stress and worry.
Bring them closer to yourself, and God with this family prayer.
- 1 Prayer to Keep Family Together
- 2 Bible Verses about Family
- 3 Prayer Request: Post Your Own “A Prayer for Family”
- 4 Recent prayer requests…
- 5 Family Prayer
- 6 First Prayer for Family
- 8 Dedication
- 9 Prayer for Vision in my family
- 11 Prayer Point for family Leadership
- 12 Prayer for Unity in my family
- 13 Prayer for Health in my family
- 14 Prayer for the Children in my family
- 15 Prayer for my Parents: Family Prayer
- 16 Prayer for my Grandparents
- 17 Prayer Point for Family Finance
Prayer to Keep Family Together
Say this prayer to help bring your family closer together. Make sure to say the names of any family member you want included in the prayer. Your husband (or wife), sons, daughters, father or mother.
Use this prayer, and write your own at the bottom of this page.
A Prayer for Family
Please shine your light upon my family.
Give us strength to overcome all of the
difficulties that we are dealing with now
and protect us against any and all problems
we may encounter in the future.
O Lord, please bring us together as we
are meant to be. May the love that binds
us only grow stronger as we fulfill the destiny
you have laid out for us.
Grant my family forgiveness for any sins we
have committed. May we also forgive one
another Lord, as it is sometimes difficult to do.
Bless us Lord,
In your name I pray, Amen
Bible Verses about Family
“For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.”
Check out what the bible has to say about family with these Bible Verses.
Family is an important part of one’s life, and is also very important to God. From Adam and Eve onward, God made humans to be together with love to guide and support one another. Through prayer we can make our families stronger.
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “A Prayer for Family”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Prayer request- Thank you for all your prayers for me and my family. This is my 9th month of pregnancy and my due date is given from… …
- My Niece- My Niece Angelique has a to be on Court in couple weeks, she was in place wrong time. Please agree with me in prayer all… …
- Little sister- I’m needing prayers for my sister she has been in the hospital since the beginning of December. My sister has had a series of strokes,… …
- Prayer to move back to my hometown with husband as we start a family- Dear God, Thank you for every blessing you’ve given me in this life. I recently married an amazing man and we want desperately to move… …
- My Family- Please, Lord, I pray that you give my family strength and love. I wish w/all my heart you give my son the strength and knowledge… …
- God’s Divine Intervention- Dear Abba, I know my husband and I belong to you. You know my wants and prayers. Please help and protect my husband and I… …
- Prayer for a life partner and a family- Lord you know my heart desires.Am requesting for a life partner and a family of my own. I have waited for this opportunity to have… …
- My god my all- Prayers for my whole family my they find the goodness of god in this life. For my husband may he find the peace he needs… …
- God’s Divine Intervention- Dear God, Please help me I go back to work today and I need your guidance and extra support. Lord I’m still sick but my… …
- Reunite our family bring back my stolen Child- Near 3 years I am asking and asking to have my child and dog returned to me, I do not know what I did so… …
- Family Peace- Please most revered Saint Jude, please intercede on my behalf for grace and mercy in repairing the rift between me, my son and his wife.… …
- Family in laws to bond and be closer- Dear God, I thank you for the gift of life, health, family, love and peace you have granted unto me and my loved ones. Lord… …
- Faith- I ask God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit to guide me steps for my decisions with my unemployment. I put so much trust in… …
- God’s Divine Intervention- Dear God, Thank you for my small blessing today. Please grant me wish for my husband’s job. God please help him. …
- God’s Divine Intervention- Please send a Mayday prayer tonight my husband. He needs help obtaining a job from God. Please pray to god that he helps him obtain… …
- Worry and fear- Pray for me for I am consumed by worry and fear, also for my brother, William Jordan, he is bound by depression and anxiety and… …
- Heal my Brother- Lord God, I seek for your help to heal my brother’s depression and anxiety. I can’t recognize him at all. He became a different person.… …
- God’s Divine Intervention- Dear God, Please send Angele and Saints to help my husband gets a job offer this week or please give him significant provisions To help… …
- Oder- Prayer for Family salvation starting with my husband, son, daughter. For the Lord to have an encounter with each of them. Establish Gods will and… …
- The family in need- I need prayer for my family and myself. I’m 59 and have not worked for about 4yrs, I’m disabled but social security won’t help us,… …
More prayers posted in: Family
Prayer Points for the Family These prayer points have been created by the Prayer Relay Movement team, www.prayerrelay.com. For prayer requests, click the link.
First Prayer for Family
It is no secret; the sanctity of Christian family is under threat. The danger of this is that when the family is destroyed, children are raised in brokenness. Outside of redemption, a broken child will become a broken adult. A broken adult will in turn raise his own broken children. The cycle continues to come back until it is broken.
The bible says “It is only the anointing that breaks the yoke.” Our prayer points for the family will direct you into the right places as you seek to release God’s anointing into all your affairs. God forbid that your family would be broken. Prayer for family is key to changing our homes. It is by prayer that we can begin to foster transformation. Let us enhance family prayer.
In the mighty name of Jesus, Lord we bless these prayer points. May your anointing be with all people who will make use of your word and these prayer points. May your presence be seeded into their homes, into their hearts and into all their affairs. We speak direction of the Holy Spirit as they pray.
Open their eyes and lead their mouths as they speak to you oh Lord. We bless your name, for heaven’s ear is open to our prayers and your hand is swift to our rescue. We need rescuing Oh Lord. We thank you Lord. In the mighty name of Jesus. Amen
- May your anointing be with all people who will make use of your word and these prayer points.
- May your presence be seeded into their homes, into their hearts and into all their affairs.
- We speak direction of the Holy Spirit as they pray. Open their eyes and lead their mouths as they speak to you oh Lord.
Then Moses said to him, “If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here.
Our prayer point in this moment is to ask the Lord to go with our family. We want to take time to dedicate our families into the Lord’s hands. We want to pray that his presence would go with them wherever they are. We want to speak a covering over each one of them. Name them, if you will. Father place a covering over my brothers, my sisters, my cousins, my parents and all in our sphere of influence. Raise us to be a people of prayer.
And if it seems evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
Father I dedicate my family to you. From this day on, we dissociate from all affiliations with anything that is contrary to your will. We break all evil affiliations from previous generations, we break altars erected to other gods in past generations from my maternal and from my paternal side. This is your family Lord! This generation going forward in Jesus’ name.
By the blood of Jesus, we break any covenants made in our bloodline, with any God but you. Father we stand against generational curses! We call our families blessed, in the mighty name of Jesus! Amen.
- We want to pray that his presence would go with them wherever they are.
- We want to speak a covering over each one of them. Name them, if you will. Father place a covering over my brothers, my sisters, my cousins, my parents and all in our sphere of influence.
- From this day on, we dissociate from all affiliations with anything that is contrary to your will.
- We break all evil affiliations from previous generations, we break altars erected to other gods in past generations from my maternal and from my paternal side.
- By the blood of Jesus, we break any covenants made in our bloodline, with any God but you.
- Father we stand against generational curses! We call our families blessed, in the mighty name of Jesus! Amen.
Prayer for Vision in my family
18 Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.
The biggest threat for any family today is a lack of vision. The scripture above shows that where this is the case, the people perish. This is the reason more and more families are seen to be perishing today. God forbid that this would be the case for your family. We are believing God for an outpouring of vision into our homes today, in Jesus’ name.
Father we pray that you would release vision into our fathers, into our mothers and into the rest of the family. Pour vision into them for such a time of this. We come against all forms of stagnancy. We speak progression into all they do, in Jesus’ name.
- Father we pray that you would release vision into our fathers, into our mothers and into the rest of the family. Pour vision into them for such a time of this.
- We come against all forms of stagnancy. We speak progression into all they do, in Jesus’ name.
Prayer Point for family Leadership
26 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant,
Every new generations requires to be directed by those that have come before them. Even Jesus sat at the feet of Joseph, to learn carpentry. A crisis of leadership is another issue that our families are facing today. Without family prayer, we have no chance.
We want to pray for the Lord to raise new leaders within our families. May he raise sleeping giants who have been dosing off on their job, men and women who have not stepped up into leadership roles.
Wherever there is a void Lord, raise a man or woman to fill it. Father we pray that there may never be times where there are no leaders in our families. May wisdom flow from one generation to another, in Jesus’ name.
We thank you for all leaders in the family today, we pray for preservation in Jesus’ name. Satisfy them with long lives, that they may pass wisdom to the younger ones. Use them to raise and equip new generations of leaders to come behind them.
- We want to pray for the Lord to raise new leaders within our families.
- May he raise sleeping giants who have been dosing off on their job, men and women who have not stepped up into leadership roles.
- Wherever there is a void Lord, raise a man or woman to fill it. Father we pray that there may never be times where there are no leaders in our families.
- May wisdom flow from one generation to another, in Jesus’ name.
Prayer for Unity in my family
Bible verses about family unity
Behold, how good and how pleasant it is
For brethren to dwell together in unity!
2 It is like the precious oil upon the head,
Running down on the beard,
The beard of Aaron,
Running down on the edge of his garments.
3 It is like the dew of Hermon,
Descending upon the mountains of Zion;For there the Lord commanded the blessing— Life forevermore.
Where there is unity, God commands a blessing! It is such a simple principle. We believe that this is the reason many homes are devoid of God’s blessing, there is a lack of unity. Family members are pitting and plotting against one another. If only we would unite, for there, lays God’s blessing! Our prayer point for the family in this regard is that, God would bless us with unity.
Father we come up against every deep seeded root of bitterness in our hearts. Teach us to forgive and to forget as you have done for us. Lord we ask that you would help us to let go of all hurt and offence that has been inflicted on us by family members.
Help us to release the grudges and hatred that have been passed down from previous generations. As you have given us a clean slate by the blood of Christ, give us the grace to extend that same love to others.
Lord, bring us together, we come against all forms of division in our families in Jesus’ name. We expel all forms of discord and disunity, in Jesus’ name. Renew love that has been lost among us.
We cast away all forms of pride and arrogance that may stand in the way of peace and unity. Bless us, dear Lord! Unite us. Call back those that have long been estranged from us.
- Father we come up against every deep seeded root of bitterness in our hearts.
- Teach us to forgive and to forget as you have done for us.
- Lord we ask that you would help us to let go of all hurt and offence that has been inflicted on us by family members.
- Help us to release the grudges and hatred that have been passed down from previous generations.
- As you have given us a clean slate by the blood of Christ, give us the grace to extend that same love to others.
Prayer for Health in my family
“But you shall serve the LORD your God, and He will bless your bread and your water; and I will remove sickness from your midst.
Above all else, we desire that our families would be blessed with good health. If there isn’t good health, physical and spiritual, we will perish. God forbid that we would perish.
Our prayer point for the family today, is that of divine health. Dear Lord we ask that you would bless us with divine health. We come against all forms of sickness in Jesus’ name. We pray for healing in those that are with disease, in Jesus’ name. Where our spirits have become weary, revive us oh Lord! We pray for spiritual health, revive our prayer lives, revive our faith and all areas that have slumbered within us, in Jesus’ name.
- Dear Lord we ask that you would bless us with divine health. We come against all forms of sickness in Jesus’ name.
- We pray for healing in those that are with disease, in Jesus’ name.
- Where our spirits have become weary, revive us oh Lord!
- We pray for spiritual health, revive our prayer lives, revive our faith and all areas that have slumbered within us, in Jesus’ name.
Prayer for the Children in my family
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”
In any family, Our children are our heritage; they are the essence of our futures and the homes that we build. It is God’s will that we would protect these people while they are yet vulnerable. We are to be their anchors as they make their way through the world’s troubled waters. We are to train them into the way that they are to go.
Our prayer for the family in this regard is that the Lord would equip all parents, even now as we pray, to raise children the way that you would want them raised, oh Lord. We come against all forms of earthly wisdom, wisdom that is sensual and demonic. Give parents divine wisdom to raise their children your way, oh Lord!
Father we pray for the children, we come against any hindrance, anything that would stand in the way of them coming to you!
And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
Father we pray that you would preserve our children, preserve their faith, maintain their purity in an impure world. We come against all snares of the enemy set to trap them. Surround them with good leadership and counsel. We thank you for blessing them with supportive friends, in Jesus’ name. Amen
- Lord would equip all parents, even now as we pray, to raise children the way that you would want them raised, oh Lord.
- We come against all forms of earthly wisdom, wisdom that is sensual and demonic.
- Give parents divine wisdom to raise their children your way, oh Lord!
- Father we pray for the children, we come against any hindrance, anything that would stand in the way of them coming to you!
- Father we pray that you would preserve our children, preserve their faith, maintain their purity in an impure world.
- We come against all snares of the enemy set to trap them. Surround them with good leadership and counsel. We thank you for blessing them with supportive friends, in Jesus’ name. Amen
Prayer for my Parents: Family Prayer
Train up a child in the way he should go;
Even when he is old he will not depart from it.
Parents are the bedrock of any family. There is no clear game plan for parents to follow when raising our children. As you already know there are many methods and paths that we will take while trying to get to the same destination. Unfortunately, a lot will fail to get there. We see this in our prisons, in our day to day interactions with children from all walks of life. There is a crisis that ought to be remedied.
Our prayer points for the family in this regard will begin with praying for mothers. Lord we bring mothers into your hands right now, we pray that you would give them strength to endure day to day challenges. May your strength be made perfect in their weaknesses.
Father we pray that as the world continues to evolve, you would prepare them to be relevant and geared mothers for such a time as this. May they never feel inadequate. Teach them to lean on you, and never on their own understanding. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Our next prayer point for the family will be focusing on the fathers. Lord we pray that you would raise up fathers in this fatherless generation. May their hearts be called back to their children.
Raise more and more men to stand in the gap left by absent fathers! We pray for wisdom for the fathers as they lead, and humility that they may be led by you in all that they do. In the mighty name of Jesus, we pray.
Prayer for my Grandparents
Any time you look through scripture, you will note the role that older generations would play in equipping and setting up the next generation for success. They were men and women of prayer, as well as wisdom. Our prayer points for the family here are that God would raise more and more of such grandparents. May God raise mighty grandparents in your family.
Dear Lord we ask that you would equip the elderly generation, give them boldness to speak into the lives of the younger ones. Give them the wisdom to do it right. Father we speak against the feeling of inadequacy or irrelevance. Give them platforms to speak, and ears to listen. In the name of Jesus. Amen
Father we pray for preservation of their mental health. We come against diseases of the elderly, preserve them in Jesus’ name. We come against Alzheimers and dementia, give them sound minds in Jesus’ name.
We pray for companionship as they grow older. In Jesus’ name, we stand against loneliness. Give them peace and joy, all the days of their lives.
- Dear Lord we ask that you would equip the elderly generation, give them boldness to speak into the lives of the younger ones.
- Give them the wisdom to do it right. Father we speak against the feeling of inadequacy or irrelevance.
- Give them platforms to speak, and ears to listen. In the name of Jesus. Amen
- Father we pray for preservation of their mental health. We come against diseases of the elderly, preserve them in Jesus’ name. We come against Alzheimers and dementia, give them sound minds in Jesus’ name.
- We pray for companionship as they grow older. In Jesus’ name, we stand against loneliness. Give them peace and joy, all the days of their lives.
Prayer Point for Family Finance
And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
Financial issues are the cause of the bulk of strife that families encounter. One family member not helping another financially. Another family member wanting what the other one has.
Yet another family member thinking the other got something they didn’t deserve. The most common one within the immediate family is strife that comes from a family struggling together month to month. There is bound to be friction. Increased friction leads to family members not talking. God forbid that your would become a family that only meets for funerals.
God’s promise is that he will meet all our needs. Our prayer point for the family finances are those of gratitude, for we know God is bound by his word. Whatever he says is, is. These are our prayers for family.
- Father we thank you for meeting our family’s needs month to month. We thank you for we have no lack.
- Lord we speak a blessing over all family members, extended family and all. Meet their needs in this season. We declare that their tables will never be without food, they will have a room over their heads and peace in their hearts.
- We come against the spirit of the devourer in our family. Whatever we have sown, we will reap and enjoy.
- We pray for wisdom to be good stewards in our finances.
- We come against arrogance and greed in our hearts. Bless us to be a blessing to all around us.
PRAYER RELAY MOVEMENT
Our team’s goal is to continue to develop prayer aids that will continue to raise, enrich and to empower prayer warriors across the world. We are always looking to partner with ministries and individuals to achieve this goal. Get in touch with us: Prayer Request. We are praying for you and your family.
We also take prayer requests through our website, www.prayerrelay.com , be sure to make use of that. There are a few more resources on there for you.
Originally posted 2017-08-01 22:25:07.