Have you ever needed supernatural strength to face a situation head-on, but not known what to pray? God is waiting and wants to offer us strength in time of need. Do not be afraid to pray and ask God for His strength to fall upon you! When you are weak, weary or unready to stand, and unsure of what to ask, pray along with these words!
- 1 A Prayer for Strength
- 2 A Prayer for Strength and Encouragement
- 3 A Prayer for Strength to Endure
- 4 Additional Prayer Resources
- 5 7 Prayers for Strength
- 6 Prayers for Strength and Courage
- 7 Scripture For Strength and Courage
- 8 Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Prayers for Strength and Guidance”
- 9 Recent prayer requests…
A Prayer for Strength
Lord, I’m weary. My energy is sagging, and my motivation is lagging. And I am so in need of you. I need your strength and your fresh touch to get back on track again. Your Word says the joy of the Lord is my strength. If that’s true, then I need your joy to replace all the bone-tired parts of my mind, body, and soul.
The pressures of life sometimes push me into a corner, rendering me helpless to move forward. A hundred voices call my name, and I feel paralyzed at times to answer, not knowing where to turn. Lord, help me not to quit, to keep running the race faithfully, and to find strength in that safe, secret place of yours, under the shadow of the Almighty.
I need your strength to say no when I’m tempted to surrender to harmful things, or when selfishness clings to my clothes and won’t let go. I need your strength to say yes, when cowardice and fear nudge me to deny the convictions of my heart. I need your strength to reach out in love to those both close to me and all around me. When don’t I need your strength, God?
You are my rock, and I run to you today, believing that you will lift up my heavy arms, that you will fuel me for the tasks you’ve given me, and that your joy will completely consume the weakness of my life and make me strong again. I don’t want to stay grounded, crippled by limitations and failed attempts. I’m tired of feeble efforts. Lord, I want to mount up with wings like an eagle and not just fly. I want to soar.
Renew my strength, Lord. Fill me with your supernatural power to overcome each obstacle in my path. With my eyes on you, Lord, with you walking beside me, working through me, I can make it. Thank you, Lord!
In Jesus’s name, Amen
A Prayer for Strength and Encouragement
Lord, like David, I need your encouragement in a time of trial and anguish. Thank you that you are always on the throne, always my God, ready to save. Thank you for being the same God to me that you were to David. Thank you for always being near and always rescuing me from my fears and hurts. Lord, help me remember that daybreak might be just ahead, that this trial will not last forever. Fill me with hope that daybreak is coming and that your love will always prevail! In Jesus’ Name, Amen!
~ A Good Thing Devotional
A Prayer for Strength to Endure
Lord, I am weary and don’t know when this “race” will end in my life. I feel like I’ve been running forever, trying to outrun this trial. Help me to stop trying to outrun my pain but rather run with endurance the race you have set before me. I know that because of you I am ultimately a victor over the trials in my life. I know that nothing in this world can separate me from your steadfast love. Please give me a measure of your love today; give me the strength to endure this trial. Thank you for your love for me that never ends! And thank you for the crown of joy that awaits me forever in your Kingdom!
~ Adrian Rogers, Love Worth Finding
What are you praying for strength for today? Join our large praying community in the comments below and experience the power, hope, and comfort of being joined in prayer!
Here are more Prayers for Strength when you need God to lift you up in hard times!
Additional Prayer Resources
Here is a collection of some of our favorite Bible verses about the promises of God’s strength. May these give you hope and encouragement to persevere with a bold confidence! Find the complete list at BibleStudyTools.com’s Scripture page.
- “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.” ~ Isaiah 40:29
- “those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” ~ Isaiah 40:31
- “But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” ~ 2 Corinthians 12:9
- “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” ~ Psalm 46:1
- “The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him. The LORD is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.” ~ Psalm 28:7-8
Rebecca Barlow Jordan is an inspirational author, speaker, and passionate follower of Jesus who loves to encourage others heart to heart. She has written 11 books and over 1700 other articles, greeting cards, and other inspirational pieces. Her daily devotional Daily in Your Presence is available for delivery through Crosswalk.com. You can find out more about Rebecca at www.rebeccabarlowjordan.com.
Publication date: August 4, 2015, Updated: January 22,2018
This article is part of our larger Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can’t find the words to pray.
Prayer for Healing
Prayer for StrengthPrayer for ProtectionMorning PrayersGood Night PrayersSerenity PrayerA Birthday PrayerSinner’s PrayerPrayer for ForgivenessPrayer for GuidanceIntercessory PrayerPrayer for PeacePrayer for FaithPrayer for Love
Now available is our new Daily Prayer devotional! An easy way to find start your day with prayer, read today’s prayer and sign up to receive by email.
A Prayer for Strength is often needed during difficult times. God is always here for us, to give us strength and lift our hearts when all seems hopeless.
“I can do all things through Christ, which strengthens me.”
Most of us realize that our own strength is not always enough to get through some of the situations that this life brings.
At those difficult times, it is wise to call on God for extra strength and for His strength to help sustain you when your own strength fails. (Psalms 28:8 and Isaiah 40:29)
7 Prayers for Strength
Below we have 7 prayers for strength submitted by pastors and clergy. Contribute to this site by submitting your own prayer for strength.
Or, submit a prayer request below.
Give Me Strength, Lord
Lord, you are Holy above all others, and all of the strength that I need is in your hands.
I am not asking, Lord, that you take this trial away. Instead, I simply ask that Your will be done in my life. Whatever that means, that is what I want.
But I admit that it’s hard, Lord.
Sometimes I feel like I can’t go on. The pain and the fear are too much for me, and I know that I don’t have the strength on my own to get through this.
I know that I can come to you, Jesus, and that you will hear my prayer. I know that it is not your intent to bring me to this point just to leave me in the wilderness alone.
Please, Lord, give me the strength that I need to face today. I don’t have to worry about tomorrow.
If you just give me the strength that I need today that is all I need.
Keep me from sinning during this trial. Instead, help me to keep my eyes on you. You are the Holy Lord, and all of my hope rests in you.
Thank you for hearing my prayer.
In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Get strength for your relationships: Relationship Prayers.
For Strength and Wisdom
Thank you, Lord, for being there for me and allowing me to cry out to you in my times of need.
It is amazing to me that the Lord of the Universe would take time to listen to me and to care about what I say.
God, there are things happening around me right now that I do not understand. Some of these things make me feel weak, helpless and afraid.
Even in the midst of this, I know that you are the Lord.
I know that the situation is in Your hand, and I trust You.
I beseech you for strength and for wisdom that I would be able to endure this situation and be able to handle it in a way that would bring glory to Your name.
In Jesus name. Amen.
Don’t ever be ashamed at feeling weak. Remember what the Bible says in 2 Corinthians 12:10:
“Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.”
Check out our collection of Inspirational Prayers
Prayer for Overcoming Life’s Hardships
O Lord, we call upon You in our time of sorrow,
That You give us the strength and will to bear our heavy
burdens, until we can again feel the warmth and love of
Your divine compassion. Be mindful of us and have mercy
on us while we struggle to comprehend life’s hardships.
Keep us ever in Your watch, til we can walk again with
light hearts and renewed spirits.
Strength for a Friend
Lord, I come before you today knowing that all power is in Your hand.
I know that you are the Lord and that you care for your people.
Right now, my friend is struggling with a difficult trial.
I can see her strength is faltering, Lord, and know that you have all of the strength that she needs.
I pray that you will reach down and touch her right now wherever she is at this moment.
Let your presence fill the room where she is and let her feel an extra portion of your
strength that can help her to get through this day.
She needs you now, Lord, and I thank you in advance for meeting her where she is
and shoring up her strength during this difficult time.
In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Prayers for Strength and Courage
Say these prayers when you’re in need of strength and courage. Day to day troubles are no match for the power of the Lord.
To be Grateful
Lord God, may we be grateful for our lot,
and compassionate toward all those who are
suffering every kind of distress at this
May we hold back nothing, and
hasten to be the ministers of prayer and mercy,
like the disciples of Him who went about doing
good in times of need.
Prayer for Guidance and Help
Dear Lord, I am calling upon you today for
your divine guidance and help. I am in crisis
and need a supporting hand to keep me on the
right and just path.
My heart is troubled but I will
strive to keep it set on you, as your infinite wisdom
will show me the right way to a just and right resolution.
Thank you for hearing my prayer and for staying by my side.
For Unfailing Strength
Do not look forward to what may happen
tomorrow; the same everlasting Father who cares
for you today will take care of you tomorrow and
every day. Either He will shield you from suffering,
or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it.
Be at peace, then. Put aside all anxious thoughts and
imaginations, and say continually: “The Lord is my
strength and my shield. My heart has trusted in Him
and I am helped. He is not only with me but in me,
and I in Him.
Scripture For Strength and Courage
Lets go straight to the source, and read bible verses about strength in trying times.
“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Click here to read more bible verses for strength, and Bible verses for courage.
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Prayers for Strength and Guidance”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- I pray that you will help me in my quest to fill the empty space left in his heart- Dear Lord Jesus and Mother Mary, Now that Jim’s wife has lost most of her faculties, he feels increasingly sad and alone, I pray that… …
- College Music Auditions- Lord, You have promised that if we will commit music to You, You will allow us to pursue it . So today, I dedicate every… …
- Anxiety- God, give me strength. I am thankful to have a roof over my head, even though I am not loved or welcome here. However, I… …
- College Student Council Event- In Jesus name our event will be successful and our fellow student have their satisfactory for the event which is indies lovely hour acoustic concert… …
- Give me strength- Please God fill me with your strength, I need to feel brave and strong. Take all my fears away. Please say a Prayer for me… …
- Peace and Health- My son is getting married this weekend and I would as for prayers that I will make it through the wedding events with good health,… …
- Losing strength- I have extreme anxiety and stress mainly from my job. I dont feel like the Lord is listening, everyday i feel weaker and my faith… …
- Favor- Hi. I am wanting favor from God to be moved to senior highrise. I am on short waiting list. Thank you so much! …
- My Brother- Please give my brother and us strength to help him through this battle of brain tumors due to cancer and help him and relieve him… …
- Strength- Please help me find the strength to get my life back on track and be able handle my everyday struggles. Please keep my loved ones… …
- Career- God should give me the strength to accomplish my purpose on earth. …
- I need Grace- Prayer for strength. …
- Emotional break down- Dear Lord Jesus, Recently, I have been very emotional with a married woman friend. It has happened few years ago but it’s disturbing in my… …
- Government- Father God, we stand in the gap for our government, our worldly leaders that there will be no division but unity amongst them to do… …
- Pray for my family- Please Lord, I pray that you heal my brother and his family, their hearts and their minds. I pray they can pull together and not… …
- Power to succeed- I pray to receive wisdom,knowledge and understanding from God and also the spirit or heart to worship n Praise God at all times. …
- Follow Jesus- I pray to have strength against temptation and to keep Jesus as my centre of focus. I pray to stop sinning and constantly worrying and… …
- Test- Tomorrow I have a big test that could make to break my mark in school and I studied really hard and I still feel like… …
- Prayer for Feelings of Hopelessness- I have nowhere else to turn to and I trust my entire soul with the Lord. I feel utterly hopeless and like a horrible daughter.… …
- Mental illness- Please pray for me. I am mentally ill. It’s too much. Morning is too much. I get really depressed in the am because I don’t… …
More prayers posted in: Strength
Christian Prayers for Strength oftentimes serve as Healing Prayers. The succeeding Prayer for Strength will enable you to find the strength and guidance that you need in these trying times.
No matter how strong or successful we are, there will come a point that our strength will be depleted and we will be compelled to lay down our loads and rely on someone or something to hold on to. Everyday, we are confronted with cares of unimaginable proportions and it does not take a genius to recognize that somehow, something is missing, something is wrong.
We have the propensity to ignore our condition thinking that life just have to be this way – responsibilities, obligations, duties, whatever term you have for it are but a normal part of life so we have to live by it. Burdens continue to pile up, problems grow worse, and anxieties tend to double until you find yourself unable to function, no remaining energy to go on. The Scriptures is replete with Prayer for Strength verses and they will help you to retain or regain your physical or spiritual vitality, strength and courage.
“The Lord is my strength, my shield. My heart was sure of him, I have been helped and my heart exults, with my song I give him thanks.” ~ (Psalms 28:7)
“But those who hope in Yahweh will renew their strength. They will soar as with eagle’s wings; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and never tire.” ~ (Isaiah 40:31)
“He is the God who girds me with strength and prepares my ways.” ~ (Psalms 18:33)
“The Lord is my strength, my shield. My heart was sure of him, I have been helped and my heart exults, with my song I give him thanks.” ~ (Psalms 28:7)
Are you in this situation? Are you feeling disheartened, weak, helpless, and in turmoil? You will never find strength apart from its real Source. Strength and comfort are in Him alone. God is now calling on you to turn over all your anxieties on Him because He cares for you. (1 Peter 5:7) If you have received God’s invitation for salvation, He is indwelling in you. All the power and glory of God is locked inside your flesh, in your spirit when you opened your heart to Jesus, His Son.
God can and will re-energize, revitalize, rehabilitate, and revive your tired body, restless soul, and weary spirit. If you are now ready for God to do just that, follow this on how to pray —
“Heavenly Father, I am now here distraught and utterly hopeless. I confess all my sins to You, heal my spirit, soul, and body. I commit to completely turn away from a lifestyle of sin and allow You to have full control of my life. I have been so tired and heavily laden, please give me rest. I resign from running the affairs of my life and let You reign in all aspects. Remove all the worries, anxieties, fears, and trepidations in my mind, will, emotions, and heart. Lift off all the shock, fear, trauma, terror, grief, pain, and shame off my spirit. I pray for divine order in my entire being and everything concerning me – my family, studies, career, ministry, relationships, finances, plans, desires, and dreams. I want Your best for my life. I desire Your perfect will in all areas of my life, not Your permissive will. Teach me to depend solely on You for strength, not on people or things. Strengthen also my inner man and spirit to withstand all the temptations of the wicked one. I bless You Lord at all times. Your praise will always be in my mouth. I ask for the joy of the Lord to be my strength. (Nehemiah 8:10) Let there be light in my life. I believe that You hear this prayer for healing. In Jesus’ precious name. Amen.”
You may have uttered many prayers before. Jesus said in His Word for us come to Him all of us who are tired and burdened and He will give us rest. (Matthew 11:28) When you prayed the above Christian prayer, be assured that God has already lifted all the tiredness and weakness from you. Why don’t you lie down now in bed and ponder on this short devotional healing prayer and totally rest in Him? You may play a soft instrumental music and listen to God’s voice. He is asking you now to be in a position of rest for you to receive supernatural strength in hard times to enable you to go on with your days. Every time you feel weak, just say this Prayer for Strength and rest assured, you will find energy and enablement that you need.
Here are some other prayers and bible verses you may find useful:
Praying for Determination, Tenacity and Strength
Prayer for Wisdom
Prayer of Faith