Children are a gift – an amazing blessing from God. Every single day we may find ourselves doing a lot for our kids, loving and caring for them, nurturing, teaching, training, helping, leading, equipping, encouraging, protecting, and so much more. We spend precious hours just living out life, helping with homework, and driving them to activities. We spend money on sports, lessons, and various classes to help them grow and become all they can be, providing opportunities for them to do what they most love in this world.
But in the midst of busy, full lives, we have to ask ourselves: Are we praying? I mean, really praying specific, powerful, promise-filled, hope-inspired prayers. Are we praying God’s powerful Word and promises over their lives? I’m freshly aware, and challenged to pray more.
There’s a battle over our families today, and the enemy would love nothing more than to destroy all that we hold dear in this life. He’s ruthless and cunning, deceitful and sly. He’ll attack when we’re not watching, he’ll do everything he can to lure our kids his way. Don’t let him win.
Prayer is essential over our children and families, in order to stay alert, aware, and discerning of God’s voice, as well as to stand against the attacks of the enemy in our lives. We should never underestimate the importance of speaking blessing and truth over their lives. Prayer is powerful and his words are true.
Prayer + God’s Word = Power – the pathway for Him to do miraculous things.
We praise you for your love and faithfulness. We thank you for your protection and care over our families. Thank you that you give us the power to love well; the wisdom to lead and teach our children. We know you’re for us; that you fight for our families today. You are Redeemer, Restorer, and Friend, we believe you have good in store. We confess, some days, parenting is tough. Many days we can feel anxious or overwhelmed. We ask that you would make us more like you, more aware of your constant Presence in our lives. Help us to release our children to You, so that You are free to fully accomplish all that You desire, in them, through them. Please fill our families with your truth and cover us with your favor.
Lord, we pray for these blessings over our children, today, and every day…
Belief – “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved – you and your household.” Acts 16:31
Blessing – “The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you, the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.” Numbers 6:24-26
Courage – “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
Contentment – “Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5
Encouragement – “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.” Ephesians 4:29
Endurance – “Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus…” Hebrews 12:1-2
Faithfulness – “Only fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart. For consider what great things he has done for you.” 1 Sam. 12:24
Favor – “For you bless the righteous, O Lord; you cover him with favor as with a shield.” Psalm 5:12
Forgiveness – “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9
Fruitfulness – “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.” Galatians 5:22-23
Generosity – “They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share, thus storing up treasure for themselves as a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is truly life.” 1 Timothy 6:18-19
Godly Relationships – “Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm.” Prov. 13:20
Grace – “May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.” 2 Corinthians 13:14
Health – “Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul.” 3 John 1:2
Honesty – “And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:32
Hope – “But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:31
Humility – “Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.” Philippians 2:3-4
Integrity – “Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but he who makes his ways crooked will be found out.” Proverbs 10:9
Joy – “…for the joy of the LORD is your strength.” Nehemiah 8:10
Kindness – “Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.” Ephesians 4:32
Love – “How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God.” 1 John 3:1
Obedience – “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.” Ephesians 6:1
Patience – “Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger.” James 1:19
Peace – “You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.” Isaiah 26:3
Protection – “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart…He will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.” Psalm 91:1-2, 4, 11
Provision – “And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19
Purity – “How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word.” Psalm 119:9
Purpose – “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
Respect – “Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king.” 1 Peter 2:17
Safety – “The Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.” Psalm 121:8
Salvation – “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
Self-Control – “For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.” 2 Timothy 1:7
Servant Heart – “For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.” Galatians 5:13
Strength – “Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.” Ephesians 6:10-11
Submission – “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” James 4:7
Thankfulness – “And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” Colossians 3:17
Trust – “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6
Value – “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” Ephesians 2:9
Wisdom – “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom…” Proverbs 9:10
Wise Instruction – “All your sons will be taught by the Lord, and great will be your children’s peace.” Isaiah 54:13
Please let your blessings and Word shine on our children and family, as we seek to honor you.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
“Pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord. Lift up your hands to him for the lives of your children…” Lamentations 2:19
For prayers to help your child learn how to pray, read 10 Simple & Easy Children’s Prayers.
When it’s time to sleep and you want to help your child learn how to pray at bedtime, use our Kids Bedtime Prayers.
Debbie McDaniel is a writer, pastor’s wife, mom to three amazing kids (and a lot of pets). Join her each morning on Fresh Day Ahead’s facebook page, for daily encouragement in living strong, free, hope-filled lives. Find her also at and
This article is part of our larger Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can’t find the words to pray.
Prayer for Healing
Prayer for StrengthPrayer for ProtectionMorning PrayersGood Night PrayersThe Prayer of JabezShort PrayersThe Lord’s PrayerThe Prayer of St FrancisSerenity PrayerA Birthday PrayerSinner’s PrayerPrayer for ForgivenessPrayer for GuidanceIntercessory PrayerMother’s Day PrayerPrayers for My HusbandPrayer for PeacePrayer for FaithPrayer for LovePrayers for My SonPrayers for My Daughter
Almighty God, our Father,
you who have given us life
and intended us to have it forever,
grant us your blessings.
Enlighten our minds to an awareness
and to a renewed conviction
that all human life is sacred
because it is created
in your image and likeness.
Help us to teach by word
and the example of our lives
that life occupies the first place,
that human life is precious
because it is the gift of God
whose love is infinite.
Give us the strength to defend human life
against every influence
or action that threatens or weakens it,
as well as the strength
to make every life more human
in all its aspects.
Give us the grace…
When the sacredness of life
before birth is attacked,
to stand up and proclaim
that no one ever has the authority
to destroy unborn life.
When a child is described as a burden
or is looked upon only as a means
to satisfy an emotional need,
to stand up
and insist that every child is a unique
and unrepeatable gift of God,
a gift of God
with a right to a loving
and united family.
When the institution of marriage
is abandoned to human selfishness
or reduced to a temporary conditional arrangement
that can easily be terminated,
to stand up and affirm
the indissolubility of the marriage bond.
When the value of the family is threatened
because of social and economic pressure,
to stand up and reaffirm
that the family is necessary
not only for the private good of every person,
but also for the common good of every society,
nation and state.
When freedom is used to dominate the weak,
to squander natural resources and energy,
to deny basic necessities to people,
to stand up and affirm
the demands of justice and social love.
give us courage to proclaim the supreme dignity
of all human life and to demand
that society itself give its protection.
We ask this in your name,
through the redemptive act
of your Son and in the Holy Spirit.
There are two aspects to prayer points for children. One is what everyone else can include in their prayers when praying for children. The other aspect is what children themselves can focus on in prayer. One of the most neglected areas in the church today is teaching children to pray.
We let these young ones be bombarded by the world’s philosophies before we give them this tool of prayer to deal with it all. Proverbs 22:6 teaches us to train our children in the way that we want them to go.
It teaches that if this is done right, our children will walk on this path for life. Are your children trained in the way of prayer in such a way that they will not walk away from it?
As a ministry we hope and pray that this will be one of the aids that you can use to get closer to that goal. For the children, we will divide these into the ABCs of prayer. Older kids, don’t worry, we won’t insult your intelligence. There is just some charm in simplicity.
Return to the very basic, the building blocks of language, and make those the building blocks of prayer. Most children are thrust into prayer without a bedrock to stand on.
This was my experience. To suddenly be surrounded by adults who are engaging in prayer, and be expected to do the same. I believe there is a logical fallacy to this method.
Prayer should not just be words that we memorise and recite. It comes from the heart. Heartfelt prayers are a result of understanding the purpose of prayer. That is where we build our prayer for kids.
Lord we bless your name for these prayer points, we thank you for those who have committed time to create them. We speak a blessing over every person who will make use of these to seek your face. Father may every prayer raised here be a sweet fragrance to you oh Lord. We speak a blessing over every child and every adult that will use these in Jesus’ name.
We thank you for watching your word to perform it. May your faithfulness be seen in this. Let your word bring transformation to schools, to communities and nations at large. We declare that this will be the birthing of something new, something revolutionary for our children, for the next generation. We bless your name oh Lord. In Jesus’ name. Amen
ABCs of Prayer: Prayer for children
- Think and write down ten things that you are grateful for today. Write down another ten things that you are grateful for in your life. These may include your family, pets, food, accommodation and so on. Gratitude is an essential part of prayer. Count your blessings, be aware of them, and thank God for those.
- Father I thank you for watching over me, and all that is dear to me.
- 2. Benevolence
- Benevolence is kindness, goodwill, charity…things that God stands for. Things that you too as a child of God should consciously stand for.
- Father grant me opportunity to be kind. Teach my eyes to identify these opportunities, my heart to want to show kindness and my hands to make things better for others.
- 3. Courage
- Courage as generations before us knew it has become somewhat unrecognisable. Values that were once the fabric of Christianity are shunned or simply ignored. Father make us courageous.
- Give us grace to stand with those who have no one else to stand with them.
- May your causes be mine as well.
- May I not be swayed by status quo, rather stand in your will.
Prayer for children should always be preceded by an understanding that there is a God who cares, a God who is always listening to their words and to their thoughts.
Perhaps even more importantly, that he can and want to be involved. He wants to help. He cares. He is also an understanding ear, one that listens when no one else will. He is never too busy or otherwise engaged.
PRAYERS FOR Kids
1)Children honour their parents, first commandment with a promise
‘Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, that your days may be prolonged and that it may go well with you on the land which the LORD your God gives you.
- Father open the eyes of our children. May they know you will and evade worldly deception.
- Give them grace to follow you will.
- Show them how to honour their parents, that your blessings may follow them in this land.
- Grant them good health and longevity.
PRAYER FOR KIDS PDF DOWNLOAD
2) Prayer for kids: Obedience
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
- Lord may your word be a light unto our children path. More than anything, may their hearts truly desire to walk in the light.
- Give them humility and wisdom to run back when they have lost their way.
- Preserve them oh Lord, even when they have wandered off course.
PRAYER FOR CHILDREN_ OBEDIENCE PDF
1 John 2:1
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
- Lord we pray for those that have lost their way. Soften their hearts that they may be open to rebuke and correction.
- Open their eyes that they may see you.
- May your grace and the knowledge of it be evident to them. Let your open arms not be forgotten. They have a place to run back to.
- Thank you, Jesus for being such a faithful advocate on their behalf, as you are to ours.
More Than 35 Wonderful Prayer for Family Points
3) Wisdom, insight and understanding and to be full of the word
- Father may your word dwell in our kids.
- May their hearts and lips be filled with your word.
- Raise a generation and word filled, God fearing men and women, against all odds. You are a God of “against all odds”.
- Lord raise Daniels for this generation. Youth who are truly after your heart. Youth who walk blamelessly in your eyes.
- Fill them with uncommon, ageless wisdom, knowledge and discernment.
- May their gifts be a source of elevation. Set them before kings, for your glory oh Lord.
- Fill our children with wisdom, with visions and dreams.
- May their hearts be filled with desires for spiritual gifts.
- By their gifts your name will be magnified even among non-believers.
- As Daniel’s enemies would acknowledge his God, let that be our children’s portion. Make them impactful persons.
- Set them apart for a standard of excellence. A standard that testifies of you oh Lord.
- Raise men and women in whom even enemies will not be able to find fault for your righteousness dwells in them.
- May opportunities find those who refuse to cut corners to get ahead.
- May the problems of their enemies provide opportunity for their upliftment.
- Lord we are believing for righteous men and women in positions of power. Raise them into positions in government and finance, that righteousness may be upheld in our nations.
4) That they may maintain their purity
This is a valuable thing that has silently lost its reverence even in the church. It is eating away at our youth. We are standing for a change in this area.
- Lord may your characteristics be imparted onto our children. We are called to be holy, as you are holy. May that desire to be like you not be lost in a desire for acceptance.
1 John 3:3
- Open our children’s eyes to the tricks of the enemy. May they not be deceived into impurity.
- Take captive ungodly desires, that they may walk in Christ Jesus.
- Lord we want our children to see you! Grant them this grace oh Lord.
5) Not to be conformed to this current worldly desire but to see the treasure in following the way of God
- Father at a time that our bodies are constantly being devalued in media and in all of society. We pray that our children may give their to you. That they would life for you.
- We come against all forms of conformity! They will be like a city on a hill! They will not ne lights hidden under baskets, rather blazing infernos that the Lord may be seen through them.
6)For our children to be record breakers and go getters just like David was
1 Sam 17
- May our children brave in standing for you and for your people.
- Set them apart as record breakers, history makers through Christ Jesus.
- May they rise for what you rise for.
7)Discipline to be instilled in our children from an early age
- Our children’s hearts will be filled with a desire to walk in your will.
- Give them humility and wisdom to accept correction and instruction.
- They will remain in your will, by your grace oh Lord.
- Stupidity will not be my children’s portion. They will accept correction and grow from it. In Jesus’ name.
- May every good seed that has been sown in them grow eternally.
- May they walk in the way that you have shown them.
- Remove them from paths of wickedness, and correct where teachers and guardians have fallen short of led them astray.
- They will not be victims of our shortcomings.
8)To get guidance from the Lord in critical decision making
- May our children’s ways be testament to who you are.
- They will acknowledge in all they do, that their paths would be made straight in Jesus’ name.
9)To always be on fire for God
1 Tim 4:12
- Lord, may our children’s walk in you be a beacon of hope.
- May they be living testimonies of your glory.
- Their youthfulness will not be a hindrance to their usefulness.
- May your fire burn eternally in them.
- Set them apart in their generation, as you set apart Daniel and his colleagues.
- Sanctify this generation oh Lord.
10) Safety and Protection
- Father may our children dwell in your shelter, in the shadow of the most high.
- We speak protection from every snare of the fowler, keep them safe oh Lord. No deadly pestilence will overtake them.
- Your faithfulness will be their shield and rampart.
- Fear will not be their portion in Jesus’ name.
- Where others falls, they will remaining standing through Christ Jesus.
- They will see the wicked fall, and know that you are God.
- They will call the Lord their refuge, and make the Lord their hiding place. No harm will be their portion, disaster will pass them by.
- May your covering be their portion, wherever they set their feet.
- Their call to you will always yield an answer in Jesus’ name.
- Long life will be their portion!!
11)Pray that children’s lives will be established upon a firm foundation biblical teaching
- We pray for parents and guardians, grant them wisdom to empower and guide the children.
- May their foundation be on the rock that is Christ Jesus.
- Let your word be know and evident in all they do.
12) For our children to excel in every area of their lives
- My children will prosper wherever your place them oh Lord.
- Even in the midst of oppression and suppression, they will rise in Jesus’ name.
- They were raised for such a time as this. Awaken the sleeping giants.
1 Sam 18:14
- Let their ways be marked by excellence and prosperity.
- May your presence be with them in all they do, in Jesus’ name.
PRAYER RELAY MOVEMENT
Our team’s goal is to continue to develop prayer aids that will continue to raise, enrich and to empower prayer warriors across the world. We are always looking to partner with ministries and individuals to achieve this goal. In 2018, we want to reach more people and expand as a team. Get in touch with us:
We also take prayer requests through our website, www.prayerrelay.com , be sure to make use of that. There are a few more resources on there for you. We are also keen on partnering with individuals and ministries that are on fire for Christ. Feel free to drop us an email.
Originally posted 2018-02-03 11:26:01.
Covering and Shield
Elohim, deliver your precious children from the darkness of this world. Each and every day, Lord, fill them with Your Holy Spirit. Shield the children from the snare of the fowler. Protect them, Oh merciful Savior. Cover them under Your precious blood. Lead them away from the path of the enemy.
But the Lord is faithful. He will give you strength and protect you from the Evil One (the devil). 2 Thessalonians 3:3
Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6
Send Your Angels
Father, I pray that You watch over each and every child. Give Your angels charge over them as they roam the earth.
Preserve them from all temptation and sin. Sanctify their hearts, Oh Lord. Defend them in every battle, shelter them in every storm and destroy every mountain in their way.
Conserve them from every devil, from every abuser, from all accidents, from violent situations, from hatred, from jealousy and from every evil tongue that rises up against them.
Your heart will be where your treasure is. Luke 12:34
Children, obey your parents in all things. This pleases the Lord. Colossians 3:20
Break Every Chain
Oh Lord, my God, break every negative chain and bind the works of the devil. I rebuke the plans of the enemy.
Give Your children the unimaginable, unbreakable faith they need to find the strength to overcome every battle that lies ahead. Let them rest peacefully, knowing that the battle is already won and You are in control.
In Jesus’ Mighty name! Amen..
* Protection for our Children
* Blessings Upon the Lives of my Children
* A prayer for the abused and abandoned children, who know not God, without love and hope!
* Standing in the Gap for my Children
* Bring my Children into Your Kingdom
* For the Children in our homes
* Are My Children Like Angels? No Way!
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6