“As a child of God, you ought to expect God to answer your prayers. Do you ask God to do something without adjusting your life to what you are praying? If you are praying for revival, how are you preparing for its coming? If you are praying for forgiveness, are you still living with guilt? If you have asked God to provide for your needs, do you remain worried and anxious? Ask God to increase your faith, and then begin living a life that reflects absolute trust in Him.” Henry Blackaby
We all want God to answer our prayers. We believe in the power of prayer, but when it comes down to our own individual lives and our own problems, we often don’t have the faith to believe God will answer. The times we are living in are difficult. We are often trapped by our unbelief and fear, but God is preparing us for the end-time harvest. He wants to enlarge our territory. He wants to bless us with increase, because His nature is to care and bestow divine favor on us.
We are the ones who limit Him because of our lack of trust and our fear of stepping out in faith. The truth is that the things we do for God should be outside of our own ability and should be trusting in His supernatural ability. When we back away from dependence and trust in God, we are not living by faith. He wants us to trust and obey His Word. He wants us to be strong and courageous. We need to be willing to attempt things big enough that unless God’s steps in, we are sure to fail. This is the kind of trust and dependence He is looking for in our life. We need not be shaken. He can break through every obstacle. He is the God of the impossible!
A Prayer for Trusting God in Hard Times
Lord, I thank You that You are the God of the impossible. You can do anything. I want to trust in Your ability and not my own. Teach me to see difficulties in my life from Your perspective. Help me to focus on You and Your power. I want to be like Joshua and Caleb who believed in a good report and focused on You even in hard circumstances (Numbers 14:7-9). My responsibility is to carefully read, trust, and obey Your Word. Today I bring before You this difficulty in my life . Help me not to fear but to trust You in this situation. I declare my faith in Your ability to fulfill Your promises to me. You will fight for me and win the battles in my life. You are mighty, powerful, righteous and true.
I have nothing to fear with You on my side. I will be strong and courageous even in hard times. I will not be terrified or discouraged, for the Lord my God will be with me wherever I go (Joshua 1:9). You will never leave me or forsake me (Joshua 1:5). I do not need to figure everything out. You already know the best plan for my life. I will not try any man-made method to do only what You can do. Show me Your supernatural power. Teach me how to walk by faith and pray breakthrough prayers. I choose to have faith in Your ability to break through every obstacle in my life. Just like Joshua, You will give me the land and every place where my feet step (Joshua 1:3). “Through you we push back our enemies; through your name we trample our foes. I do not trust in my bow, my sword does not bring me victory; but you give us victory over our enemies, you put our adversaries to shame. In God we make our boast all day long, and we will praise your name forever” (Psalm 44:5-8).
“Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay. You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand” (Psalm 16:5-11). In Jesus name, amen.“Faith does the impossible because it lets God undertake for us, and nothing is impossible for God. How great – without qualification or limitation – the power of faith is! If doubt can be banished from the heart and unbelief is made a stranger there, what we ask from God will surely come to pass. Prayer throws faith on God and God on the world. Only God can move mountains, but faith and prayer move God.”
Together in the Harvest,
Intercessors Arise International
International House of Prayer Kansas City (IHOPKC)
A Prayer for Strength is often needed during difficult times. God is always here for us, to give us strength and lift our hearts when all seems hopeless.
“I can do all things through Christ, which strengthens me.”
Most of us realize that our own strength is not always enough to get through some of the situations that this life brings.
At those difficult times, it is wise to call on God for extra strength and for His strength to help sustain you when your own strength fails. (Psalms 28:8 and Isaiah 40:29)
7 Prayers for Strength
Below we have 7 prayers for strength submitted by pastors and clergy. Contribute to this site by submitting your own prayer for strength.
Or, submit a prayer request below.
Give Me Strength, Lord
Lord, you are Holy above all others, and all of the strength that I need is in your hands.
I am not asking, Lord, that you take this trial away. Instead, I simply ask that Your will be done in my life. Whatever that means, that is what I want.
But I admit that it’s hard, Lord.
Sometimes I feel like I can’t go on. The pain and the fear are too much for me, and I know that I don’t have the strength on my own to get through this.
I know that I can come to you, Jesus, and that you will hear my prayer. I know that it is not your intent to bring me to this point just to leave me in the wilderness alone.
Please, Lord, give me the strength that I need to face today. I don’t have to worry about tomorrow.
If you just give me the strength that I need today that is all I need.
Keep me from sinning during this trial. Instead, help me to keep my eyes on you. You are the Holy Lord, and all of my hope rests in you.
Thank you for hearing my prayer.
In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Get strength for your relationships: Relationship Prayers.
For Strength and Wisdom
Thank you, Lord, for being there for me and allowing me to cry out to you in my times of need.
It is amazing to me that the Lord of the Universe would take time to listen to me and to care about what I say.
God, there are things happening around me right now that I do not understand. Some of these things make me feel weak, helpless and afraid.
Even in the midst of this, I know that you are the Lord.
I know that the situation is in Your hand, and I trust You.
I beseech you for strength and for wisdom that I would be able to endure this situation and be able to handle it in a way that would bring glory to Your name.
In Jesus name. Amen.
Don’t ever be ashamed at feeling weak. Remember what the Bible says in 2 Corinthians 12:10:
“Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.”
Check out our collection of Inspirational Prayers
Prayer for Overcoming Life’s Hardships
O Lord, we call upon You in our time of sorrow,
That You give us the strength and will to bear our heavy
burdens, until we can again feel the warmth and love of
Your divine compassion. Be mindful of us and have mercy
on us while we struggle to comprehend life’s hardships.
Keep us ever in Your watch, til we can walk again with
light hearts and renewed spirits.
Strength for a Friend
Lord, I come before you today knowing that all power is in Your hand.
I know that you are the Lord and that you care for your people.
Right now, my friend is struggling with a difficult trial.
I can see her strength is faltering, Lord, and know that you have all of the strength that she needs.
I pray that you will reach down and touch her right now wherever she is at this moment.
Let your presence fill the room where she is and let her feel an extra portion of your
strength that can help her to get through this day.
She needs you now, Lord, and I thank you in advance for meeting her where she is
and shoring up her strength during this difficult time.
In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Prayers for Strength and Courage
Say these prayers when you’re in need of strength and courage. Day to day troubles are no match for the power of the Lord.
To be Grateful
Lord God, may we be grateful for our lot,
and compassionate toward all those who are
suffering every kind of distress at this
May we hold back nothing, and
hasten to be the ministers of prayer and mercy,
like the disciples of Him who went about doing
good in times of need.
Prayer for Guidance and Help
Dear Lord, I am calling upon you today for
your divine guidance and help. I am in crisis
and need a supporting hand to keep me on the
right and just path.
My heart is troubled but I will
strive to keep it set on you, as your infinite wisdom
will show me the right way to a just and right resolution.
Thank you for hearing my prayer and for staying by my side.
For Unfailing Strength
Do not look forward to what may happen
tomorrow; the same everlasting Father who cares
for you today will take care of you tomorrow and
every day. Either He will shield you from suffering,
or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it.
Be at peace, then. Put aside all anxious thoughts and
imaginations, and say continually: “The Lord is my
strength and my shield. My heart has trusted in Him
and I am helped. He is not only with me but in me,
and I in Him.
Scripture For Strength and Courage
Lets go straight to the source, and read bible verses about strength in trying times.
“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Click here to read more bible verses for strength, and Bible verses for courage.
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Prayers for Strength and Guidance”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Humble – My grandsons are disrespectful Liars and ungrateful. Please pray that become better young men.
- Strength to Start – I pray to have the strength to fast for 10 days to learn more about prayer, and to clear my mind. I pray to God …
- Become one with my savior – God give me the strength to do your well, as I continue to be thankful for all the wonderful gifts you have allowed me to …
- Anxiety – Dear Lord, please help me with my anxiety, quit smoking and healthy life to be here for my children.
- Need of prayer 🙏 – Please pray for strength to get through my severe spiritual warfare and attacks from the enemy. I feel as though I am drowning.
- Strength and Guidance – I’m trying a polyamorous relationship with a guy that I have been involved with for the last 7 years. We have a five-year-old son together. …
- Get me home safe – I’m going on the highway and I’m scared please pray that I have a safe ride there and back.
- For Strength in Adversity – I need prayer to remain strong and optimistic although I am currently unemployed, facing a new treatment for debilitating arthritis, facing bankruptcy, and have just …
- Prayers for my boyfriend to love me more and show me more respect and trust and faith and call me soon – Prayers for my boyfriend Philemon prospered to change his mind and heart and soul and ways and thoughts and angry lord towards me and love …
- Suffering – Dear Lord, I pray that you heal me of chronic fatigue syndrome and pain and sadness and make me Have my full health back. God, …
- Help – Need prayer… I really do… I need Jesus to help me right now.
- Exam Anxiety – I am in the first semester of nursing school and I have two important finals this week. I fear that my anxiety is taking over …
- Anxiety – Dear God, I ask you to help with my debilitating bouts of anxiety. Please give me the strength and to guide me to defeat my …
- A boost – I have been trying my best to overcome the obstacles the Almighty has given me, but at times I feel as if I may commit …
- Blessed, Thankful & Forgiving – Dear Father, I Pray that you forgive me for my sins, I have disobeyed you,Hold my hand and guide me through the right pathway you …
- Please grant me strength – Please pray for me my brother was killed an im having a hard time not seeking personal justice myself I need help to overcome the …
- Prayer for self control and self love – Dear God please help me find the strength, courage, discipline, determination and will power to stop abusing my body. Please help me stop over eating …
- God’s guidance – God’s guidance for me to assist young adults small group, may God grant me courage to change to step out in faith and renew me …
- Help me please – Lord I need you to give me the strength and show me the right way to go. I know I don’t want to live this …
- Make me strong – I pray that others around the world will pray for me and help me in this situation that I’m in my worrying has really been …
More prayers posted in: Strength