The following prayers are for you to pray for restoration of your marriage and also a prayer that you can pray to restore the marriage of others.
As Christians we go through difficult times in our marriages much like the unsaved world. However the one thing we have is our Savior Jesus Christ whom we go to with our marriage restoration prayers.
He is waiting on us to come to Him and allow Him to work in our lives. The word of God says “Whom God has joined together let no man put asunder”. Therefore, it is His will that your marriage should work. When you go to Him in prayer keep this in mind so that you do not doubt that this is His will for your life.
There are times when even after you’re prayed these prayers for restoration of your marriage it still does not get restored. Well, there are several things you need to keep in mind:
- Are you both saved? If not then you need to look at the Prayer of Salvation also know as the Sinners Prayer
- God wants what is best for both of you so you need to be open to where He will lead you. You should both be praying through this process and confessing your sins so that there is nothing standing in the way of your answered prayers.
Here is the Marriage Restoration Prayer that can be prayed for someone that you know who may ask you to pray for them.
Lord, I come in the name of Jesus asking that you to make a way in this wilderness of healing and restoration for ________ (name of wife & husband) in their marriage. Lord, that your grace is sufficient to carry them through difficult times, your power is made perfect in their weaknesses and the power of Christ is in them. 2 Corinthians 12:9 As Christians, greater is You that is in _____________ (name of wife & husband) than the evil one in the world because your power is greater than the power of Satan and all who do his work. 2 Chronicles 32:7 I am so thankful that You are watching to make certain that your Word is fulfilled and that You are performing it in our marriage. Jeremiah 1:12 Thank you that you will complete the work that you started in this marriage. Philippians 1:6 O Sovereign LORD, you are God! Your words are trustworthy, and you have promised these good things to me. You have said that You will build a home for them and that it pleases You to bless their marriage so it will continue before You forever. You have spoken, and with your blessing, this home and marriage will be established with blessings forever. II Samuel 7:25-29
Lord, I pray that you will allow healing and reconciliation to take place. That whatever hurts or disappointments they have experienced can be mended through the power of your undying eternal Love. We realize Father that they cannot change anything that has happened. But, they can go forth together keeping, renewing and once again honoring their vows. We ask that you endow them with wisdom to endure and a tongue that speaks healing, restoration & peace.
Abba, I ask that you would mend their hearts closely together and be the center of their marriage. Lord we ask that they seek forgiveness for any wrong doing. We pray that they extend love and patience to one another and that the lines of communication, sensitivity as well as understanding are once again opened. We ask that you will allow all the pain, hurt and disappointment to begin to subside. Lord we ask that forgiveness is welcomed by each of them. Lord we ask that you would allow your JOY to flow once again from heart to heart between them. Father we ask that you direct them as they seek you first in building trust, transparency and intimacy. Father we pray peace over their household, in the name of Jesus, Amen.
Here is a Prayer for Restoration of Marriage that you can pray for yourself.
Almighty Father, You are omniscient, omnipotent and able to do things that are impossible for man. I humble myself before you today Lord and ask you to restore my marriage. Please bring my wife/husband back to me so that we can fulfill Your word that those whom You have joined together let no man put asunder. Forgive me for my part of sin in this separation and show me what I need to do to restore my relationship with You and my relationship with her/him. I Pray, O Lord, to reunite us in Jesus name. Please have mercy upon us O God and I will always be thankful to You for restoring my marriage . I ask for the forgiveness of our sins. I pray for all those people who are may have come in between our relationship that you would set them on the right path and reveal to them the truth of your Word. I freely offer my forgiveness to them for their part in this separation. Fill us all with your Holy Spirit and guide us into your truth. I forgive my spouse for all the past hurt and pain and pray that you would cleanse my mind and my heart from carrying any thoughts that are not from you, in Jesus Name, Amen
We pray that the Lord will honor your prayer and that He will indeed restore you marriage according to His word. Please visit us again and take some time to look around our site for more Prayers. God Bless you and keep you and cause His face to shine upon you and grant you His peace.
Do you feel like your relationship is in trouble? Perhaps your better half has left, your marriage is on the rocks, or you simply feel out of place with the person you are with. You value the relationship that you have with your husband or wife, and you honor and respect the vows that you took in front of God and witnesses. Despite the best of intentions, there are times when even the most perfect relationship has problems and issues. It is common for a member of the relationship to run-away from those problems, or refuse to face them by trying to leave the relationship and the home you’ve made together. Do not despair, there is hope, you just have to find faith and encouragement from our gracious Lord above.
Prayer can repair the most damaged marriage. The power of God can bring two people, who are intended to be together, back into a love filled marriage. Your union will know the love from the blessings of God if you keep your eyes on Him in all things. Through prayer, anything is possible. God is all-powerful and all-knowing, He can mend any bridges that may have been burned by conflict, clear away any confusion, and give you the power to forgive when needed most. If your relationship is in need of a blessing and you have nowhere to turn, always consider the power of prayer. God is always there to listen, and his followers on earth are always ready to assist in having your prayer requests heard.
“And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.” Ephesians 4:32
Table of contents
- 1 Prayer for Restoring Marriage
- 2 Prayer for a Loving Soulmate
- 3 Prayer for a Marriage In Need
- 4 Prayer for a Lost Love/Partner
- 5 Prayer for a Friends’ Troubled Marriage/Relationship
- 6 Prayer for Financial Peace In Marriage
- 7 Prayer for Clear Communication in Relationships
- 8 Bible Verses about Marriage:
- 9 The prayer points for restoration of marriage are carefully, scripturally and prayerfully crafted to assist you in your fight against Satan’s and his agent she attacking the peace, prosperity and joy of your marriage.
- 10 1. Blessings on my spouse and I
- 11 2. Remove all negativity caused by external people
- 12 3. No weapon formed against our marriage shall prosper
- 13 4. Holy Spirit work in both of us to bring us closer to God and each other
- 14 5. Re-Build Trust and Honesty
- 15 6. Remove bitterness, anger, and all manners of negative emotions.
- 16 7. Give us the strength to work through our differences
Prayer for Restoring Marriage
Lord, I come before you today with a heavy heart; my marriage is in grave trouble, and I need Your help and closeness. Please make changes in my spouse’s heart. Make us compatible again, and bring us closer together as we were before. Fill us with Your love and give us the strength to love one another, care for one another, and fulfill your life long wishes for us. Show us the harm caused by careless, uncalled for words, and the pain caused by emotional distance. Heal the division between the two of us. Make us one again. In Your precious name I pray, amen.
Prayer for a Loving Soulmate
I seek a partner who enhances me by his/her very being. who brings more love, joy, peace and prosperity to my life, Who I can love fully and who can fully receive my love, Who loves, honors and cherishes me completely, and always. May my heart be open and my head be clear. May my life be ready to welcome True love. May I be embraced in a circle of your love An uplifted by your grace. And so it is.
Prayer for a Marriage In Need
My heart cries out to You, my Maker of Heaven and of Earth! Please bring healing to our broken hearts, bring restoration to our relationship, ignite lost passion, and inspire forgotten intimacy. Please transform the two of us from the inside out, and lead us in Your way. We trust in you, Precious Jesus. Always. Amen.
Prayer for a Lost Love/Partner
Precious Savior, please pray that my heart’s desire be granted, and the return of the love of my life would come to fruition. I pray that my spouse/partner may have healed his/her wounds from the past, and forgiven all that has gone wrong between the two of us. Lord, help my lost love be able to follow his/her heart to their desire and love me for me. I ask that we be forever reconciled as one, from this day forward.
Prayer for a Friends’ Troubled Marriage/Relationship
Heavenly Father, I come before you and lay this troubled marriage/relationship in your hands. I ask that you would revive this couple, and draw them toward happiness shared together. I ask that you would renew their love and passion for one another, and that you would untangle the conflicts and strife that has damaged and angered them towards one another. Please bring understanding and tenderness of heart to both of them. May they both embrace the miracle that you desire to do for them, and within their spirits. Amen.
Prayer for Financial Peace In Marriage
I lift up my heart to You today, my precious Lord. Please help us to rely on You more in our marriage when it comes to our finances. We can be easily distracted by the amount of money in our bank account, or even by the jobs we currently have. Help us not to trust in the matter of money itself, but more importantly, trust in Your economy and Your word. May Your Holy Spirit fill us with wisdom in how to manage our finances, give us generous hearts to give to those in need, and teach us to not worry about money so much. We pray there would be peace in our marriage, especially over finances, at all times, and in all ways. May Your presence keep us grounded, keep us calm, and keep us in Your will always.
Prayer for Clear Communication in Relationships
Lord, I feel like my partner and I have had a difficult time clearly communicating with one another lately. We are both lacking in our compassion and understanding towards each other. I pray we would be better than this, and that You will open our hearts to You. Holy Spirit, please help us be better communicators with each other. I pray that we would live with understanding for what the other person is going through, and that we are thoughtful in our words and actions. Amen.
Bible Verses about Marriage:
“Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” Mark 10:9
“Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins.” 1Peter 4:8
“Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love, all the days of this meaningless life that God has given you under the sun—all your meaningless days. For this is your lot in life and in your toilsome labor under the sun.” Ecclesiastes 9:9
Prayer Points for Financial RestorationDecember 7, 2015
Prayer Points for Prosperity, Business or Job.December 7, 2015
Click here for the latest prayer points for the new year 2019
The prayer points for restoration of marriage are carefully, scripturally and prayerfully crafted to assist you in your fight against Satan’s and his agent she attacking the peace, prosperity and joy of your marriage.
The following prayer points are specially designed to bring total restoration of your marriage or relationship. If your marriage/relationship is already under attack, these prayer points are perfect for you. Pray them as often as you can, until you receive victory.
1. Thank God for His grace, love, protection and provisions in your life and family.
2. Father God, I appreciate You for all the good things You have done in my life and marriage/relationship, in Jesus’ name.
3. I confess and repent of every sin I have committed knowingly or unknowingly, in Jesus’ name.
4. Father, I bring my marriage/relationship under Your right hand of restoration today.
5. Oh God, intervene divinely in my marriage/relationship, and bring a total positive change into it, in Jesus’ name.
6. LORD, restore and renew our love as couples, in Jesus’ name.
7. Oh God, bring back to us our joy, peace and comfort, that led us into this marriage/relationship. In the name of Jesus Christ.
8. Father, rekindle the longing and passion we had for each other; to be in each other hand, in Jesus’ name.
9. LORD, cause our hearts to be united in love, in Jesus’ name.
10. Oh God, take away every evil seed or fruit of separation, hatred, malice and divorce the enemy has sown in our marriage/relationship, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
11. Father, remove from me anything negatively affecting the success of my marriage/relationship, in Jesus’ name.
12. LORD, take away from me every habit, custom or tradition driving my spouse away from me, in the name of Jesus Christ.
13. Father, deliver me from the spirit of anger and unforgiveness, in Jesus’ name.
14. Oh God, set me free from lying and deceit, in Jesus’ name.
15. Father God, remove stubbornness from me, in Jesus’ name.
16. LORD, change me and help me to contribute positively to the success of my marriage/relationship, in every way possible, in the name of Jesus Christ.
17. Lord, help me to be faithful in my marriage/relationship, in Jesus’ name.
18. I command total restoration of my marriage/relationship, in Jesus’ name.
19. Father, bring a wind of fresh love, joy, peace and comfort upon my marriage/relationship, in the name of Jesus Christ.
20.Father remove from my spouse anything negatively affecting the success of our marriage/relationship, in Jesus’ name.
21. LORD, take away from my spouse every habit, custom or tradition bringing a separation into our marriage/relationship, in the name of Jesus Christ.
22. Father, deliver my spouse from the spirit of anger and unforgiveness, in Jesus’ name.
23. Oh God, set my spouse free from lying and deceit, in Jesus’ name.
24. Father God, remove stubbornness from my spouse, in Jesus’ name.
25. LORD, change my spouse and help him/her to contribute positively to the success of our marriage/relationship, in every way possible, in the name of Jesus Christ.
26. Lord, help my spouse to be faithful in our marriage/relationship, in Jesus’ name.
27. I command the fire of the Holy Ghost to consume every imagination of the powers of darkness to destroy my marriage/relationship, in Jesus’ name.
28. Every evil hand stretched out against the success of my marriage/relationship, I destroy you, by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
29. I release, the consuming fire of God upon any person or personality fighting against my marriage/relationship, in Jesus’ name.
30. The word of God declares, “…what therefore God has joined together, let not man put asunder.” I declare, in accordance with the Word of God, that no man or woman can be able to destroy my marriage, in Jesus’ name.
31. Any man/woman determined to scatter my marriage/relationship; I command the fire of God to scatter you, in Jesus’ name.
32. I break in pieces every horn scattering my marriage, in the name of Jesus Christ.
33. Every agent of darkness sent to wreck my marriage/relationship; I bind and cast you out, in Jesus’ name.
34. With the blood of Jesus Christ, I shatter every covenant that gives the enemy upper hand to hinder the success of my marriage/relationship, in the name of Jesus Christ.
35. Every covenant opposing the success and continuance of my marriage/relationship, I break you, with the blood of Jesus Christ, in Jesus’ name.
36. I command the blessings of God upon my marriage/relationship, in the name of Jesus Christ.
37. I loose my marriage/relationship from every form of manipulation, in Jesus’ name.
38. I set myself and my spouse free from every demonic manipulation, in the name of Jesus Christ.
39. I command seven-fold restoration of everything the enemy has taken from my marriage, in Jesus’ name.
40. I retrieve back my marriage/relationship, from the hands of the enemy, in Jesus’ name.
41. I receive an hundred-fold restoration of my marriage/relationship, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
42. Thank God for answers to your prayers.
Please, kindly spare a few moments of your time to Pray For Someone who is in need of your prayers now.
You can send your prayer request to us HERE. We are delighted to bring them before the throne of God. Visitors to our site can also pray for you.
The LORD is answering our prayers. Keep on praying! God Almighty intervenes when you pray!
Pastor Victor Aigbeghian
Pastor Victor Aigbeghian is the senior pastor of New Generation Chapel. As a prophet, teacher, leader and pastor his mission is to transform lives, build leaders and strengthen families by helping people discover and live in the grace of God found in Jesus Christ.
Regardless of our best intentions, there will always be times when even the best marriage will experience problems and issues. Instead of running away or refusing to face these problems, we should instead run to God, who can make things right.
And since the institution of marriage is His product, it therefore makes perfect sense that the maker and designer of this great product be consulted when there’s a problem. God is the one who knows what is wrong with your marriage and how to fix it.
The power of prayer cannot be overemphasised. Prayer can repair any relationship, no matter the level of damage. It can bring spouses together, no matter how sour their relationship has gotten.
Prayer can mend any damaged bridge, clear any confusion, straighten any heart, resolve any conflict, and heal any hurt. It can bring reconciliation to your marriage.
All you have to do is call upon God. Believe in his ability to answer your prayers, and remove any doubt from your heart (Mark 11:23).
It doesn’t matter if your own situation is that of a trouble relationship; a spouse who has left the matrimonial home; infidelity; confusion; breakdown in communication, or a marriage heading towards divorce. God wants, and is able, to heal your marriage. Nothing is impossible with God.
How to Use This Prayer Guideline
God has given man free will. He will not intervene in the affairs of man by forcing him to go against his own will. Neither can we control the behavior of another person.
What God does is to bring a change of heart and mind. And what we can do is pray to God and ask Him to touch the heart and mind of our spouse.
God will go to places we cannot, and do things that we can only dream of. Use these prayers as guidelines for how to pray for the resolution of all that ills your marriage.
When making these prayers, back them up with the Word of God. Engage the power and potency of the Word against the power of the enemies (Hebrews 4:12).
Personalize these prayers by replacing the parts of the prayers with your name and that of your spouse where applicable. After making these prayers, believe that God has answered and consolidate your victory by thanking God for the changes you hoped to see and the restoration of your marriage.
Below are the seven prayers that will help you bring back your focus on God, who alone is able to permanently heal and restore your marriage.
1. Blessings on my spouse and I
Father God, I thank you for who you are and for the promises that you have made concerning me and my spouse. Your Word is ever true and your promise of blessings and multiplication that you have promised me throughout the ages (Genesis 22:17; Hebrews 6:14) is forever mine, in Jesus name.
You have promised to bless me exceedingly and it is your heart’s desire to enlarge my coast. Every satanic covenant that is going against your continual and uninterrupted blessing in this marriage, I command the rain of fire to consume them, in Jesus name. I pray against every spirit of lack and wretchedness. Oh Lord, let your peace, joy, happiness, and comfort saturate this marriage in Jesus name.
I pray against every spirit of lack and wretchedness. Oh Lord, let your peace, joy, happiness, and comfort saturate this marriage. Click To Tweet
2. Remove all negativity caused by external people
Lord, I come to you with this petition because I know that you have made me one flesh with my spouse and you have said that no man should come between us (Matthew 19:6).
So I take authority over every outside influence that is polluting our marriage. Every foreign power that’s manipulating this marriage is dealt a heavy blow in Jesus name.
Oh Lord, reveal their evil agenda. Expose them and bring their plan to nought.
I pray that their seed of discord, hatred, malice, and separation that has been sown is uprooted by fire, in Jesus name.
3. No weapon formed against our marriage shall prosper
Heavenly Father, I give you all praise and adoration, because your word is ever true. I give you thanks, because no weapon that is formed against this marriage will stand (Isaiah 54:17).
I declare that every arrow shot to destabilise this marriage is broken to pieces, in Jesus name.
With the spiritual authority given to me through Christ Jesus, I command the fire of God to consume every wedge that is meant to be put between me and my spouse, through bad and ungodly advice, and false teachings.
Every evil hand of demonic manipulation is crushed, in Jesus name. I retrieve my marriage from the jaws of the evil one, in Jesus name. Thank you, Abba Father, because IT IS DONE, in Jesus name.
No weapon that is formed against my marriage will stand. Click To Tweet
4. Holy Spirit work in both of us to bring us closer to God and each other
Oh Lord, I believe you are working in my life and that of my spouse to reconcile us back to to you and to each other.
Lord, stir my spouse’s thoughts with the same good and loving thoughts that existed when our love for each other was still very strong.
Let my heart and that of my spouse burn in love for you and for each other.
Lord, rekindle our love for one another. Where ever my spouse needs understanding to be drawn to you, Father give him or her that understanding.
Lord heal each one of our emotional wounds and cause our hearts to be drawn towards each other in Jesus name. Amen.
5. Re-Build Trust and Honesty
Lord, it is your will that we be reconciled together and that our love for each other will grow and blossom, no matter what has happened between us in the past.
Lord, heal our marriage of all spiritual attacks and manipulations. Let this healing start with me. Lord, have mercy on our relationship and rebuild the trust and honesty that has eluded this marriage.
Lord, I command seven-fold restoration of the trust and honesty that the evil one has stolen from us, in Jesus name.
6. Remove bitterness, anger, and all manners of negative emotions.
Lord, deliver me and my spouse from the evil spirit of unforgiveness, hatred, anger, bitterness, and abuse that is poisoning our minds and relationship. Fill up every space in our hearts with your peace, love, joy so that there’s no room for negative emotions.
Lord teach us to treat one another with dignity, love, and respect.
Lord I asked for the grace and emotional strength to avoid the use of anger and unforgiveness as a weapon to fight against my spouse. I pray that we will no longer allow our emotions to be manipulated and used to drive a wedge between us, in Jesus name. Amen.
7. Give us the strength to work through our differences
Lord, thank you for the good work that you have started in my marriage. I know that you will do mite to the end. I ask for the strength to stay courageous and strong in your promises as you work out things in our marriage.
Replace every negative feeling with love and help us to work through our differences.
Every man or woman determined to scatter thus marriage will not succeed. Their evil plans will scatter in Jesus name.
I refuse to be tempted to try other alternatives. I will not be discouraged even if it seems that nothing is happening at the moment. Your word is greater and surer than any other power. So I choose to trust in you.