Relationships can be difficult, but when it comes to family they can be heartbreaking if things go astray. Having an estranged family member, whether it be a sibling, child, parent or someone in your extended family, comes with stress and frustration. God wants us to look past these negative feelings and turn to him in our time of need. It does not matter whose fault the broken relationship is, what stage of grief you are in, or if you plan to reconnect with the family member. God wants us to be open and communicate our feelings and anxiety with him – God will listen! God has a plan in motion for the future relationship for you and your estranged loved one. Trusting in God will help you get through the difficult times, such as the holidays. Here are six prayers to help you get through the pain of having an estranged family member.
Prayer of Safety: Lord, I miss my family member dearly and I worry about their safety, happiness and health daily. I don’t know the simplest of things, like if their basic necessities are being met. Lord please watch over them! Please provide them with the tools they need to live and lead a successful, peaceful and joyful life. I want nothing more than for them to be safe, despite all of my grief and anger. My personal anguish shall not triumph what your Son taught us – to love all. I love my family member no matter what, and I pray for their safety during this time. Please continue to push me in the correct direction and put my own ideals and selfishness aside as I move forward. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Prayer for Reconciliation: Heavenly Father, I do not know where to begin to start rebuilding a relationship with my estranged family member. I miss them dearly, but I know the damage of the past bears down on them and our relationship. I fear being able to reach out to them and fear rejection. I pray for guidance to say the right things and courage to take the high road. Father, I know you want our family to be together and to show each other love, support and positivity. I know I have failed you in the past. Today I begin to take the steps forward to fix this broken relationship and I only ask that you help wrap your loving arms around me during this time. Amen.
Prayer for Forgiveness: Our Holy Father, I have made mistakes in this relationship and I ask for forgiveness and repentance of my sins. I have disobeyed you and broken the trust you had in me. I have left a family member out of my life and have not shown them the love and kindness all of your children deserve. I know that they have made mistakes too, and I pray for continued forgiveness of their sins. I work hard to forgive them daily as you would want me to do. At the end of the day I shall always love them for being a part of the beautiful family You have provided me with. No matter the mistakes, negative feelings, and evil that comes into my heart I will forgive my family member and ask for forgiveness with you. Please continue to guide me during this time. Amen.
Prayer for Peace: Lord, I am slowly coming to terms with the fact that my family member will no longer be a part of my life and it is something I have to accept. While I do not wish to lose someone near and dear to me, I will work towards moving forward and providing those in my life with the love and blessings they still deserve. I will not show anger, fear or frustrations to others. I pray you help me remain positive and peaceful. During this difficult time when things all look bleak, I ask that you wrap your arms around me and support my broken heart. I love my family members and only wish the best for them. Guide me to the path they are supposed to take in life. Grant me the peace, strength and serenity to get through this time. Amen.
Prayer for Shrinking the Distance: Heavenly Father, The distance between me and my estranged family member is almost too much to bear anymore. I don’t want to live a life of grief and despair. I have realized my faults and want to shrink the distance between us, but I do not know how or where to begin. Please grant me the knowledge and skills to learn! I want to reach out to them and show them the love and care they deserve. The love and care that I should have already been granting towards them. I apologize for my failure and cause in this situation. Please bring them back closer to me – please let them see how I want to help slowly build a bridge back to a strong and positive relationship. Amen.
Prayer of Thanks: Lord Above, I thank you for my family member, even if they are not with me now. The time we had together holds many memories that I will keep in my heart forever. I know they have made this choice without me, but I forgive them and will wait patiently for their return if they choose to do so. During this time of waiting, I will appreciate what we had together and thank YOU for blessing me with their presence. Please bless me with peace and serenity during the times of darkness and sadness. Amen.
Losing a loved one due to an estrangement can be difficult for all those involved. Praying to the Lord for guidance, knowledge and strength will help you get through the most difficult of times. When feeling lost or confused, remember Proverbs 3:5 which states “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding”.
Here, we have a prayer for family to ask for God’s help in strengthening a family’s bond. Sometimes, members of our families can be the cause of a lot of stress and worry.
Bring them closer to yourself, and God with this family prayer.
Prayer to Keep Family Together
Say this prayer to help bring your family closer together. Make sure to say the names of any family member you want included in the prayer. Your husband (or wife), sons, daughters, father or mother.
Use this prayer, and write your own at the bottom of this page.
A Prayer for Family
Please shine your light upon my family.
Give us strength to overcome all of the
difficulties that we are dealing with now
and protect us against any and all problems
we may encounter in the future.
O Lord, please bring us together as we
are meant to be. May the love that binds
us only grow stronger as we fulfill the destiny
you have laid out for us.
Grant my family forgiveness for any sins we
have committed. May we also forgive one
another Lord, as it is sometimes difficult to do.
Bless us Lord,
In your name I pray, Amen
Bible Verses about Family
“For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.”
Check out what the bible has to say about family with these Bible Verses.
Family is an important part of one’s life, and is also very important to God. From Adam and Eve onward, God made humans to be together with love to guide and support one another. Through prayer we can make our families stronger.
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “A Prayer for Family”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- God’s Divine Intervention- Dear GOD, In Jesus name, please rescue me husband from his unemployment problems. He is so depressed and he has done everything he can, I… …
- Wisdom and strength- Lord help my family to stability, love, and wisdom. I Pray in the name of Jesus Christ that in 2019 I will be debt free,… …
- Salvation and restoration- Brethren’s, pray with me that God will crown my husband Charles and my children with his salvation and bring restoration to our broken relationship in… …
- Everyday Strength- Lord, thank you for all the blessings that you continue to give me and my family every day. Forgive us on all our sins. Trials… …
- Lord, I ask you to bring my family- Lord, I ask you to bring my family together through your love and glory destroy their doubts and ignorance with true love and supreme power. …
- For my daughter‘s salvation- For my daughter‘s salvation Christie, Melinda, and Mary. My son in laws salvation to Keith and Dustin!!! My husband Tom would not be so negative… …
- God’s Divine Intervention- Dear God In Jesus name,please forgive my sins and my husband’s sins. Please help my husband gets a job offer in a urgent manner. Also… …
- Our children- Please pray for our family, my husband’s ex has cursed us in every way to put his 3 children he’s barred with her against us.… …
- Pray for my son- Dear Father God Thank you for your patience with our restless existence. Weighing most on my mind is my second son. I pray humbly that… …
- Be coming closer to god- Lord, sometimes I feel weak and feel like I can go on but I know your son Jesus walks with me I just need you… …
- Defeat the spirit of lust- Dear Lord, I thank you that I can come to you in prayer and in faith that you are in me. The bible says that… …
- Prayer for family and strength- Pray to bring my family together in peace, love, joy, and forgiveness. Pray for my father’s health, let him be well and in good health,… …
- For my husband- Dear lord I’m praying for my husband and the relationship with our children, I know it’s been difficult over this last 18months with our eldest… …
- Immigration help- I’m Praying that my husband and daughter come to Orlando this month they are in Haiti please pray for us to be together soon. …
- God’s Divine Intervention- Dear God, In Jesus name please help my husband and I. We are so afraid of my husband not obtaining a job and me with… …
- Struggling as a Caretaker- Please pray for me as I struggle with anxiety and stress in my role as my elderly mother’s sole caretaker while also working full time.… …
- Family/future- Please pray for my mother. Aches & pains that go along with her age of 77. I thank God she has recently recovered from pneumonia… …
- Safe journey- Pray for a safe journey for my son and family as they travel to and from Michigan Jan 16 – Jan 21. …
- Broken children- Dear Lord, please heal the rifts that separate my 5 adult daughters. Send your Holy Spirit to touch their hardened hearts and make my family… …
- Togetherness of Family- My Family Love of God And Living Togetherness with and Harmony …
More prayers posted in: Family
Archangels can help guide you through life, and help you solve problems in your everyday life. They are beings of heaven, and each angel can help with specific things. Archangel Chamuel is the angel of peace, relationship and reconciliation, and he can help you strengthen relationships in your life, whether it be to a partner, friend, family member, coworker or God.
The name Chamuel means “one who seeks God” and he has a bright pink color… the color of the heart. Chamuel is the angel of peace, and wherever he goes, peace follows. He can help you find inner peace, and help you feel calm and centered. So if you feel lost and filled with negativity, he can help you find your center and that strong feeling of inner peace and belonging.
Chamuel can help resolve relationship issues, as he brings peace to the situation. He will end the conflict that is polluting the relationship and help with reconciliation. He can help opponents come to an agreement, and calm down a heated situation. Chamuel is therefore a great angel to be around leaders and people who have to deal with important situations and make decisions that can have great consequences. He will bring peace to the argument and allow the people involved to reach a state of agreement and be able to discuss the matter in a less aggressive manner.
Archangel Chamuel can help you raise your vibration, as he is the angel of peace and love. He can help you reach that state of inner peace and pure love, which will raise you to a higher frequency… a frequency of positivity. This will help you attract more love into your life, as you now radiate with love and calmness. By the law of attraction, you will attract what you send out. So when you begin to send out positive energy on a constant basis, you will attract positive people and situations into your life, improve your life and your happiness. If you go around with a lot of negative thoughts and emotions, he can help you let go of these destructive emotions, so that you are able to feel at peace and feel the love that surrounds you.
I bought the Archangel Oracle Cards for my dad many years ago, and he has been quite happy with them. He has been using them for spiritual work and for asking the angels and the universe for guidance. So if you need a tool to contact angels with, check out these cards by Doreen Virtue (affiliate link)
Prayer for Archangel Chamuel
So if you wish to contact Chamuel to ask for his help and assistance, then here is a guided prayer you can use, to call upon this angel, and allow him to help you. Angels need our direct consent to be able to interfere with our lives. So let Chamuel know that you need his help to bring peace to your life.
Dear Archangel Chamuel,
The great angel of love and peace.
I ask for your assistance in the name of God,
As I am in a difficult situation.
I need your love to create a peaceful environment,
and restore the relationships in my life.
Help me bring peace to the situation,
and help me reach a state of joy in my life.
Remove those negative and judgmental thoughts I have,
and replace them with thoughts of unconditional love for all people.
Help me breathe new life into my existing relationships,
and help me form new ones with the people of the world.
Help me raise my vibration to a frequency of love,
so that I can attract love, peace and joy on a daily basis.
Thank you great Archangel Chamuel,
your love is great.
Thank you for healing my life.
With you by my side,
I will be surrounded by peace.