It is yet another day to celebrate your son’s birthday, right? Then be ready to get the best of birthday prayers for him.
- 1 Cute Birthday Prayers for My Son
- 2 Sweet Birthday Prayers for My Son
- 3 Special Birthday Prayers for My Son
- 4 Happy Birthday Blessings for My Son
- 5 1. A prayer for your sons discernment
- 6 2. A prayer for your own wisdom
- 7 3. A prayer for a son who has turned from God
- 8 4. Scriptural prayers for your son
- 9 5. A prayer for your sons relationships and influences
- 10 6. A birthday prayer for your son
- 11 7. A prayer for your sons body image and purity
- 12 8. A prayer for your sons self worth
- 13 9. Prayer for your sons purity
- 14 10. A prayer for protection over your son
- 15 11. A prayer for your sons view of money and possessions
Cute Birthday Prayers for My Son
1. Son, it’s another beautiful year of your life. May this never be the last, in Jesus name. Happy birthday, Son.
2. Happy birthday to my wonderful Son. Grow in wisdom and understanding. Amen.
3. Isn’t amazing my boy is grown up to a responsible adult? I pray may this day be colourful in Jesus’ name. Happy birthday to my son.
4. You’ve been a great source of happiness to your father and I. I pray may you never stop making us happy in Jesus’ name. Happy birthday… Be good!
5. You’re naughty, intelligent, nice, and fun to be with. You’re my strength. I pray for incomparable wisdom and knowledge of God upon you. A wonderful birthday to you.
Sweet Birthday Prayers for My Son
6. I appreciate God in your life today, for keeping you this far. It can only be God. Happy birthday, dear son.
7. You’ve always made me know that the love between a mother and child is the best thing. Thank you for love. Happy birthday, my son.
8. I thank God for giving to me a clear picture of my character. You’re the best son. Enjoy your birthday.
9. Like the sun shines in the morning, may God’s goodness and kindness shine upon you from this year, and forever. Happy birthday, son.
10. You understand me. You know when I’m happy or sad. You know what I want. Son, you complete me. As you’re a year older, may good things never cease to happen in your life. Happy birthday, my son.
Special Birthday Prayers for My Son
11. God has brought you this far, not man. May you never stop doing God’s will. Happy birthday, darling son.
12. The Lord that has made me conceive you, and made me deliver you without any problems, will never depart from you. Keep flourishing. Happy birthday, my son.
13. You might not be where you’re supposed to be. But remember, you’re not where you used to be. May God connect you divinely as start another year of your life. Happy birthday, son.
14. I have always known you’ll grow to be a great man. Thank God for showing you the way. Happy birthday, son.
15. As you’re a year older today, remember you’ve achieved a lot to thank God for. God has always been your backbone. And He will never depart from you. Happy birthday, best son.
Happy Birthday Blessings for My Son
Awesome collection of birthday blessings for your son on his birthday.
16. I thank God for the gift of a wonderful son. I love you very much, son. Happy birthday, and age gracefully.
17. I celebrate with you as you add another glorious year. Happy birthday, my son. You’re lifted.
18. I sing praises to God for giving me the opportunity to celebrate yet another year with you. May today mark the beginning of greater things in your life. Happy birthday, my strength.
19. You lift my spirits up whenever I’m down and feel unaccepted by everyone. You’re the reason for my living. Happy birthday, great son.
20. You’re the best son living. Happy birthday.
Sending meaningful and special prayers to your loved ones is without a doubt one of the most touching things that you can do for them on their Big Day. Beyond adding a divine touch to the birthday celebration and lifting the spirits of the celebrant, birthday prayers motivate, inspire and fill their heart with hope for the present and future.
Knowing how useful sending prayers to someone on their birthday can be, we have dedicated this entire page to nothing but birthday blessings. Here, you will find one of the Internet’s best collections of birthday prayers for precious people in your life, such as your significant other, siblings, parents, children, friends, etc.
Birthday Prayers and Blessings for my Love
- I can never stop thanking the Almighty God for blessing my life with such a wonderful person like you. May the good Lord continue to shower you with happiness, good fortune, prosperity and good health all the days of your life, my dear. Happy birthday!
- As you celebrate your birthday today, it is my humble prayer that no plans of your enemies against you will ever come to pass. May God keep on protecting you and filling your heart with happiness and joy because you deserve it. Happy birthday, my love!
- My love, on this special day of yours, it is my prayer that you will be the happiest person ever to live on this planet. Have a fantastic birthday celebration.
- Darling, on your Big Day, I pray that our heavenly Father bless you with good heath, long life and great prosperity in all spheres of your beautiful life. Happy birthday!
- My love, on this great day of yours, may the Lord give you all the things you need in life so that happiness will always call its home your heart. May you be protected every step you take on your journey to success and prosperity. Happy birthday!
- Dear one, as you celebrate your birthday, it is my prayer that you will be guided by the unfailing arms of the Lord in everything you do.
- My love, may the good Lord, who allowed you see this special day of yours, put a smile on your face today and on all the days of your existence on this beautiful planet.
- May God, who sees into the very depth of every heart, look into your heart and help you achieve all every burning desire nestled in there. Happy birthday.
- Sweetheart, I pray that the Great Architecture of life will mould your life and make it as beautiful as a morning star. I love you.
- On this beautiful day made just for you, my love, it is my prayer that God will assist you find your way to prosperity and everlasting happiness. Happy birthday.
- May God lead you to fountains of successes and blessings as you make the best out of your special day. I love you. Happy birthday.
May the good Lord continue to shower you with happiness, good fortune, prosperity and good health all the days of your life. Happy Birthday to you.
Birthday Prayers for your Son
- My son, as you celebrate this special day of your life, my prayer for you is that you will excel in everything that you do and that happiness always envelopes your life. Happy birthday!
- Dear son, I want to start your Big Day with a special prayer for you. May the Lord keep protecting and guiding you along unfamiliar paths. May He always go before you and remove all the obstacles that stand in your way to happiness and success. Happy birthday.
- I pray that all the good things in this life will come your way because nobody deserves a happier life than you. I love you, my son. Happy birthday!
- I feel so fortunate to have you as my son because you are a light in my life. May your birthday mark the beginning of great things in your life. May the Lord surround you with peace, prosperity, true friends, and most importantly true happiness all the days of your wonderful life.
- My son, on your birthday, I pray for nothing but your happiness in life. May you always be protected from the eyes and plans of evil doers. Happy birthday, dear son.
- Dear son, I pray that the Almighty will endow you with courage beyond that of Sampson to be able to conquer every obstacle and fear that might come your way in life. Have a sweet birthday.
- On your Big Day, my dearest son, may God empower you with courage to defeat every Goliath in your life. I love you, but God loves you even more.
- Son, on your birthday, may you be gifted with divine wisdom to soar on the wings of success in all your endeavors. Have a beautiful day.
- My beloved son, may you be protected from every destructive plan of your enemies. And may happiness never depart your heart. Happy birthday.
- Wishing my adorable son the happiest of birthdays. Son, my prayer for you today is that you have a long, healthy and blissful life.
- As you begin another phase of your life, it is my prayer that you shall be endowed with every quality needed to live a happy and successful life. Happy birthday.
- I feel so happy that you have been graced with another year. I pray that you will receive wisdom and strength to surmount every challenge that comes your way. Happy birthday, son.
Having you as our daughter has brought nothing but joy beyond measure into our lives. May the Lord bless you with prosperity and long life. May your heart and soul always know happiness. Happy birthday!
Birthday Prayers for my Daughter
- Happy birthday to you, my sweet daughter! It is my prayer that you live long on this earth to see all the desires of your heart materialize. May the divine light of God always shine on you wherever you may go.
- My beloved daughter, on your birthday, I pray that the Heavens bless you with the most important thing in this world – true happiness. May this great blessing follow you until the end of time.
- My sweet daughter, as you mark this milestone in your life, may joy, love, success and happiness be your companions everywhere you go. Have a fabulous birthday and stay blessed.
- Having you as our daughter has brought nothing but joy beyond measure into our lives. May the Lord bless you with prosperity and long life. May your heart and soul always know happiness. Happy birthday!
- As you celebrate this special day of yours, may the Lord bless you with wisdom and knowledge! Have a truly happy birthday, dear.
- As you celebrate today, may the Great sponsor of the good things of this world bless you with all the health and strength you need to live a perfectly happy life. I love you.
- May Jehovah be the provider of all your needs as you continue your amazing journey of life. Happy birthday.
- Dear daughter, I pray that God will bestow favor upon your life so that you may enjoy victory in whatever you do. Have a beautiful birthday celebration, my dear.
- May you flourish and prosper abundantly in every aspect of your beautiful life. Happy birthday, dearest daughter.
- My sweet daughter, as you commemorate the day God made you a part of the human race, I pray that you will rise above human expectation in all spheres of your life and shine as bright as a star in space. Have a wonderful birthday.
- May you receive countless blessings of prosperity and excellence as you celebrate this special day in your life. I love you.
Birthday Prayers for Mom
- Mother, you have been a great source of inspiration to me all my life, and I don’t know what I would have done without you. It is my prayer that the Lord bless you with happiness that never ends. Happy birthday!
- Mom, as you mark this milestone in your life, may you be blessed with a long life that is full of good health and true happiness. Happy birthday, sweet mother!
- It is my sincere prayer that the good Lord bless this special day of yours and make you the happiest person on earth. May you always receive the blessings of God, Mom.
- Dear mother, as you enjoy your special day, my humble prayer for you is that you will live your life constantly in the company of things that put smiles on your face and fill your heart with happiness.
- This is your special day, my dearest Mother. My prayer for you today is that God never stop showering His divine blessings in your life. Have a beautiful birthday celebration.
This is your special day, my dearest Mother. My prayer for you today is that God never stop showering His divine blessings in your life. Happy Birthday
- On your anniversary, Mom, my prayer is that the good Lord will make you as cherished as the most precious element in the universe. May you never know sadness all the days of your life.
- Mom, may God, who rewards hard work, crown all your efforts in life with success. Happy birthday.
- On this special day of yours, I pray that the God of Heaven and Earth will lift up your heart with joy and fill your life with goodness.
- We pray that the creator and sustainer of life will provide you with all the most cherished desires of your heart. Happy birthday, dearest Mother.
- May you be blessed with good health and old age in order for you to see your great grand children. Happy birthday.
- May the Lord wrap you in His arms and protect you. May you know nothing short of happiness all the days of your life. Happy birthday, my sweet Mother.
- Mom, on your anniversary, I pray that God will designate special guardian angels to guide and guard you all the days of your amazing life.
- As you celebrate this day, it is my prayer that every step you take will lead you safely to the land of milk and honey. Thank you for being the greatest mother this world has ever seen.
Birthday Prayers for Dad
- Dad, happiness beyond your wildest imagination is all that I ask God to fill your heart with today and forever. Happy birthday.
- My prayer for you as you celebrate your birthday, dad, is that sorrow never finds its way to your doorstep. May your life keep soaking the divine blessings and love of God.
- Dad, as you celebrate your Big Day, may the almighty God anoint your head with oil and allow your cup to run over all the days of your amazing life. Happy birthday.
- On this day, Dad, may God guide every single step you take in life and lead you to destinations that fill your heart with joy and happiness. Happy birthday.
May God guide every single step you take in life and lead you to destinations that fill your heart with joy and happiness. Happy birthday, Dad.
- Dear beloved Dad, my birthday prayer for you is that you will continue to receive strength from above to withstand all the fiery darts of the wicked one. Happy birthday.
- On this wonderful day, I pray that God will provide a way for you to achieve every desire of your heart. May you never know sadness in life. Have a blessed birthday.
- May you find great courage to never let yourself and family down no matter what challenges you may face. And may the good Lord always have a reason to smile down on you. Happy birthday.
- Dad, on your anniversary, may you be blessed with strength, good health and untainted joy every beautiful day of your life.
- On your birthday, I pray that you will find happiness in every step that you take on your journey through life. May God bless you abundantly on your special day.
- It is my sincere prayer that the Lord will keep you shielded from misfortune and always expose you to riches and good fortune. Have a sweet birthday, dearest Dad.
- Birthday Wishes for Dad
Blessings for my Friend’s Birthday
- My dear friend, as you commemorate the day God brought you into this world, may you know nothing but the choicest of God’s divine blessings all your days on this earth.
- May God bless you every single second of your life, dear friend. And may He keep you shielded from anything that brings sorrow to your life. Happy birthday.
- May the Almighty God always be your deliverer and shield all the days of your life. And may He always fill your heart with all the happiness in this entire universe. Have an amazing birthday, my dear.
- As you celebrate your Big Day, I want you to know that with God every single dream of yours is possible. May God help you achieve all your dreams, dear friend, and may He let your heart never know sadness. Happy birthday.
- Today is your special, my sweet friend. I pray that God keep watch over you all the days of your lovely existence on this planet. May you always be happy, my dear. Happy birthday.
- On this beautiful day, I pray that you shall be found among the favored wherever you find yourself. Happy birthday.
- May the Lord guide you through times of uncertainty, lift you above your fears and set your feet on solid ground. Enjoy this great day of yours with the knowledge that God has you in His palms.
- Dear friend, on your special day, I pray for nothing but happiness in its truest form to forever be present in your world. Happy birthday.
- May you receive strength whenever you are weak and peace whenever you are troubled. May you have courage to sail through all the struggles that may come your way. Stay blessed.
- As we celebrate you today, it is my prayer that tons of divine blessings will be showered upon your life so that you may emerge victorious in all your doings.
- May your life shine as bright as the sun. May blessings as numerous as the sand of the sea shore accompany you all the days of your life. Happy birthday.
- My dearest friend, may your desires be inspired with determination and your heart be filled with overflowing joy from now until the end of time. Happy birthday.
- What Friends Are For | The Best Birthday Messages for a Buddy
Blessings on my own Special Day | Birthday Prayers for Myself
- Dear God of all creation, I am thankful for the gift of life you have blessed me with today. I pray that you continue to bless and be with me throughout this day and all the days of my existence.
- On my Big Day, I pray for favor, wisdom and knowledge in all my endeavors on this day.
- As I celebrate my birthday today, may the God of all hopes fill my heart with happiness and my body with good health so that I may rejoice every blessed day of my existence.
- May the Great shepherd of all men lead me to greener pastures in all the days of my life. Happy birthday to me!
- Today I pray that phenomenal face of the Lord will shine upon my path that I may not stumble and fall throughout my journey in life. I’m thankful for being given the opportunity to celebrate another anniversary of my birth.
- On this special day of my life, I pray that I will become one of the most useful persons to have ever graced the surface of this earth. Dear God, thank you for gifting me another birthday.
- My Very Own Birthday Wishes | Happy Birthday To Me!
Birthday Prayers for your Girlfriend
- May this anniversary and all the days ahead of you be filled with amazing love and the special grace of God. Happy birthday, my dear.
- My love, as you celebrate this memorable day, my prayer is that you will have good health, success and everlasting happiness all the days of your life.
- As I welcome you to this new age of your life, I also pray that God will bestow upon you all the blessings in His possession. Have a fabulous birthday!
- May the goodness and mercies of the heavens be poured abundantly on you as you clock another year of your your amazing existence. Happy birthday!
- Fantastic Birthday Wishes for your Girlfriend
Birthday Prayers for your Boyfriend
- Enjoy this moment to the fullest, sweetheart. May the heavens shower you with lots of love and blessings on this day and throughout the many years that you have in front of you. Wishing you a joyful birthday!
- You have been exactly all that I prayed for in a boyfriend, and today being your birthday, I will take this opportunity to beseech the Lord for success and joy in all your endeavors.
- Happy birthday, babe! As you observe this memorable day of yours, my prayer is that you will always be the recipient of God’s love, guidance and protection. May you enjoy life to the fullest.
- You have been a source of joy and hope to me, and today being your birthday, my wish for you is God’s eternal love and protection. Have a blissful birthday celebration, my love.
- Messages for the Man I Love | Birthday Wishes for your Boyfriend
Birthday Prayers for your Brother
- Dear brother, you have been there to show your support in good and bad times, and today being your special day, I will show my appreciation by asking the Lord to grant you all the desires of your heart so that happiness may always be felt in your heart and soul.
- Happy birthday, brother! I wish that this occasion opens the flood gates for happiness, success and good health in your precious life.
- Happy birthday, brother! May you have abundant grace from the Lord.
- Dear brother, as you begin another year, my prayer is that you will see massive improvements in everything you do. May the angels guide every single step you take.
- Birthday Wishes for your Brother
Birthday Prayers for your Sister
- My dearest sister, may you experience more goodness from the Lord as you celebrate your birthday today.
- May your blessings be more plentiful than the waters of the oceans so that your heart may forever be filled with happiness. Happy birthday.
- Make merry and have lots of fun today, sweet sister, for today is your day. I pray for happiness and great treasures in your life. Have a beautiful anniversary.
- May the doors of Heaven open and shower you with opportunities and happiness galore as you celebrate this special occasion in your life. Happy festive day, dear sister!
- Sisters Are Forever | Birthday Wishes for your Sister
Birthday Prayers for your Nephew
- I pray for God’s guidance, eternal love and happiness in your life as you enter this new age. Have a fun-filled birthday celebration, nephew!
- Dear nephew, to say that I am proud to have you in this family is a big understatement. On your special day, may the Almighty grant you everything that puts a smile on your face. May you live long in good health and never-ending happiness.
- Auspicious events like your birthday deserve special prayers. I pray that the Heavenly Father will bless you with all the exciting things that life has to offer. Happy anniversary, dear nephew!
- Happy birthday, nephew! Having the opportunity to be your uncle has been one of the best things that the Lord has given me. May every second of this day fill your soul with heavenly bliss, and may you enjoy countless more days like this.
Birthday Prayers for your Niece
- Dear niece, on this special occasion, I pray for divine protection and guidance in all that you do. May you have a sea of blessings and grace from the Lord Almighty. Happy birthday!
- Celebrating an occasion such as your birthday brings me a lot of happiness and joy. I pray that the Lord will forever protect you from the weapons of the evil and put a smile on your face. Have a blissful celebration.
- Happy birthday, dearest niece! You are someone who brings excitement whenever you come around. May God protect you and shower you with more happiness than your world can ever contain.
- To me, you are a treasure, and I will always cherish you as such. My birthday prayer for you today is that your life will shine as bright as the sun and sparkle like the stars in space. Wishing you an incredible birthday.
Birthday Prayers for your Granddaughter
- I take this occasion to wish my phenomenal granddaughter a fabulous birthday. May the Lord bless you abundantly, and grant you long life to enjoy all the blessings He has bestowed upon you.
- I can never forget the warmth and happiness you bring into my world. May all the happiness in this universe be yours on this day and until the end of time. Have a cheerful birthday.
- Happy birthday, sweet granddaughter! My prayer for you today is that this special event will pave the way for an abundance of prosperity, happiness, good health, peace and love in your life.
- On your birthday, I pray for a long and happy life for you. Thank you for constantly bringing happiness to everyone around you.
- Dear granddaughter, you have brought smiles and happiness into my life, and on this special day of yours, it’s my prayer that you will receive divine grace and protection. May all your dreams and wishes be granted. Have an incredible birthday!
- Birthday Wishes for your Granddaughter
Birthday Prayers for your Grandson
- I am grateful to the Lord for blessing my life with a wonderful grandson like you. As you celebrate your anniversary, may all your days be bright and full contentment and cheerfulness. Happy birthday.
- Dear grandson, words are insufficient to express how much I cherish you. Today being the most special day of your life, I pray for good health, felicity and amazing accomplishments in your life. Enjoy life to the fullest!
- Every grandparent will be proud to have such a wonderful grandson like you. May your years on this earth be filled with God’s blessings and the truest form of happiness. Happy birthday!
- As I celebrate the day of your arrival into my life, I pray that God will bestow upon you the greatest gift of life – true happiness. And may this gift accompany you until the end of time. I wish you a fantastic birthday, grandson.
- Birthday Wishes for your Grandson
You may also like:
Happy Birthday, Mom!
Cute Birthday Messages to Help them Crack a Smile!
150 Original Birthday Messages for Friends and Loved Ones
Share a birthday wish and spread the words of Happy Birthday Messages.
We love our sons so much and desire God’s greatest blessings and guidance on their lives. We spend endless hours caring for, teaching, helping, training, protecting and encouraging that we often miss out on one of the greatest resources God has given us to lead them – prayer. The below prayers for your son cover many topics such as self worth, protection, purity and wisdom. These will equip you for the battle against Satan’s attacks and give you discernment for handling situations that arise. You can cast your cares on Jesus and find peace in God’s favor and love for your son as you speak these prayers!
1. A prayer for your sons discernment
Lord, I pray that my son will develop an eternal perspective and purpose, not an earthly one. Help him to see life–and every challenge–through Your eyes, eager and unafraid to share with others the good news of Jesus wherever he goes. I pray that they will set his minds on things above, not just what’s going on here, and that he will be rooted and grounded in Your love. I pray that he will come to understand the extent of Your own love for him–that it surpasses all the head knowledge they will acquire in school. I pray he will be filled up with You from morning ’til night.
~ Rebecca Barlow Jordan
2. A prayer for your own wisdom
Lord, Your Word says “If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him” (James 1:5). Lord, I need that kind of wisdom to know when to speak to my son and when to be silent. “Do not let any unwholesome talk, lecturing, judging, or accusing come of my mouth, but only what is helpful for building my son up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen” (Eph. 4:29). Let me also be “quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for my anger doesn’t bring about the righteous life that God desires” (James 1:19).
~ Cindi McMenamin
3. A prayer for a son who has turned from God
Dear God,You know our hearts, you hear our prayers, and care about all that concerns us. You understand the burden we carry and how we want, more than anything, to see our loved ones come to you. Help us to remember that you love them more than we ever could. And you desire to extend your great love and forgiveness, your mercy and hope. Thank you that nothing is too difficult for you. Thank you that your power is unlimited and you came to set the captives free. Thank you that you wait, arms open, for the prodigal to return, that you look for his arrival to lavishly celebrate that he’s come home. We praise you for you are Redeemer and Rescuer, Savior and Lord. We know and believe that there’s no pit so deep that your love can’t reach us still. We understand that your mercies are new every morning, and your faithfulness is great.
Lord, we ask that you would halt the plans of the enemy over these we love as we bring them before you right now. We pray that his schemes be demolished and that your plans for good, for a future and hope, would prevail. Would you open blind eyes that they might see your Truth. Would you rescue those walking in darkness and heal the deep wounds of those who’ve been hurt.
We pray for the miraculous intervention of your Spirit to draw them to yourself, to work strong on behalf of our loved ones who are lost and wandering. For you came with good news, to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for captives and release for the prisoners. Though we deserved penalty for our wrong, you stood in our place and took the blows on our behalf. You choose to die, so that we can live. Forever and free.
Lord, forgive our unbelief. Forgive the times we’ve doubted that you could ever change a distant heart. Forgive our hard-heartedness, our weariness, or forgetfulness to “pray continually.” Thank you that you never give up on us. Remind us of how you’ve changed our own hearts. How your miracle of life and hope has sprung up deep within our souls. We love you Lord, we need you, and we thank you that you hear our prayers and are at work even now. Powerfully. Faithfully. Miraculously. Thank you for the gift of our Savior, God with us. Thank you for your goodness and love. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
~ Debbie McDaniel
4. Scriptural prayers for your son
1. Create in my son a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within him (Psalm 51:10).
2. May my son walk after You, God, and fear You and keep Your commandments and obey Your voice. May he serve You and hold fast to You (Deuteronomy 13:4).
3. May my son be strong and courageous and not fear or be in dread, for it is You, Lord, our God, who goes with him. You will never leave him or forsake him (Deuteronomy 31:6).
4. May my son walk before You, God, as King David walked, with integrity of heart and uprightness, doing according to all that You have commanded him, and keeping Your statutes and rules (1 Kings 9:4).
5. Like Timothy, may my son be an example to believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity (1 Timothy 4:12).
~ Brooke McGlothlin, Proverbs 31 Ministries
5. A prayer for your sons relationships and influences
First, oh Lord, forgive us for the times when we have misplaced our priorities so that we haven’t been available to model a strong relationship with You in front of our kids. Help us to understand the power of our influence in our children’s lives and to reorder our schedule so that we can be available to both directly and indirectly offer the godly influence that our sons desperately need.
Second, while we do pray that our sons would be protected from negative influences, we also pray that you would surround them with friendships and mentor-type relationships that portray what it means to have an authentic relationship with Christ. In turn, we pray that you would raise our sons up to be the influencers of the next generation. We pray that you would allow godliness and righteousness to dwell in their hearts so richly that these evidences of your truth spill out of them and to every person they encounter.
Through it all, we pray that they would not be prone to laziness or complacency, but that they would believe that even a single candle burning in the dark makes a difference and would boldly stand up for truth, even when it’s unpopular.
~ Alicia Michelle
6. A birthday prayer for your son
Dear Lord, on this day that we celebrate ________’s birth, I pray for blessings and joy over ________. You knew everything about him before his birth and You have a plan of prosperity and hope for his life! Let him feel confident and ready for the year ahead knowing that You have an order to his steps and a purpose for his life. Help him to find joy in every circumstance in life, knowing that You work all things out for good. I thank You for ________, for loving him with unconditional love, and for the promises You have spoken over his life. In Jesus Name, Amen.
7. A prayer for your sons body image and purity
Dear Jesus, we weep with you over the number of our kids who are buying into the lie that sexual pleasure is something to experiment with. We pray that our sons would treasure their sexuality as a true gift from You, and that they would honor that gift by saving it as a precious treasure to give their future spouse. We ask that you would help them to be strong in the face of their own desires and that they would choose purity in the face of temptation.
Lord we also ask that you’d protect our sons from the idea that they must do anything and everything (including abusing their bodies through eating disorders, drug abuse, or other harmful behaviors) in order to attaining a “preferred” shape or figure. We pray you’d protect our sons from that kind of destructive thinking, and that if they’re tempted to take these kind of drastic measures, that you’d send someone in their lives to stop them. Help them to remember over and over that their identity is not in how they look on the outside but what you see as their potential and worth on the inside.
We pray that our children would treasure their health as a gift from God and that they would have a passion to eat nutritious food and to stay active in order to do their part to take care of this treasure.
~ Alicia Michelle
8. A prayer for your sons self worth
Dear Jesus, help my son know that we are all born as sinners and separated from God because of our wicked hearts. However, at an early age, him grasp the life-transforming concept that he does not have to live as a sinner under that condemnation.
Teach my son that he has the opportunity to accept a new, beautiful identity that is called “good,” not because of what he has done or what he looks like, but because he is secure in who YOU say they are: treasured, delightful, known and protected. Let him not place their self-worth in accomplishments he may or may not achieve, but let him discover these deeper truths about who You believe he is and build every decision he makes on that sure foundation.
~ Alicia Michelle
9. Prayer for your sons purity
Lord, I pray that You will create in my son a clean heart and that You would constantly renew a right spirit within him, keeping his thoughts and actions pure and motivated by love. Guard him from temptation, and let him know You are always faithful to give him a way out and help to endure. May the words of his mouth and the meditations of his heart always please you and edify others.
~ Rebecca Barlow Jordan
10. A prayer for protection over your son
Lord, I pray Your emotional, physical, and spiritual protection over my son. Keep evil far from him, and help him to trust You as his refuge and strength. I pray You will guard his mind from harmful instruction, and grant him discernment to recognize truth. I pray You will make him strong and courageous in the presence of danger, recognizing that You have overcome and will set right all injustice and wrong one day. Help him to find rest in Your shadow, as he lives in the spiritual shelter You provide for him. Let him know that the only safe place is in Jesus,and that his home on earth is only temporary.
~ Rebecca Barlow Jordan
11. A prayer for your sons view of money and possessions
Heavenly Father, help us to model a healthy example of how to handle possessions and money. Help us to work hard, but to not wear ourselves out in order to get rich so that our children can witness a positive, godly view of hard work and the pursuit of success.
We pray that our sons would persevere in whatever vocation you give them and that they would work with cheerful hearts as if they were serving you directly.
We pray that our sons would see at an early age that money and possessions are a gift from You and thus must be always held with an open hand so that You can use those gifts to bless others.
We ask that our sons would find their value in their true identity as a child of You, not in the possessions they do or do not have. We pray for contentment and gratefulness in whatever situation they’re given—rich or poor. We pray they would have a steadfast commitment to work hard with the talents you’ve given them so that they could support themselves, their families and use their money as a way to bless others in need.
Ultimately, we pray that they would discover that the greatest “wealth” they could possess would be in relationships, especially in a relationship with You. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
~ Alicia Michelle
We hope these prayers have been able to guide your thoughts and calm your soul as you seek God’s will for your son. Join other moms who are praying for their sons in the comments below and experience the power of a praying community. Gain support and encouragement for the work that God has called you to!
This article is part of our larger Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can’t find the words to pray.
Prayer for Healing
Prayer for StrengthPrayer for ProtectionMorning PrayersGood Night PrayersThe Prayer of JabezShort PrayersThe Lord’s PrayerThe Prayer of St FrancisSerenity PrayerA Birthday PrayerSinner’s PrayerPrayer for ForgivenessPrayer for GuidanceIntercessory PrayerIrish Prayers and BlessingsAdvent PrayersChristmas PrayersThanksgiving PrayerHoly Week Prayers for Each DayEaster PrayersMother’s Day PrayerPrayers for My HusbandPrayers for My SonPrayers for My DaughterPrayer Quotes
Now available is our new Daily Prayer devotional! An easy way to find start your day with prayer, read today’s prayer and sign up to receive by email.