Condolence messages for loss of husband: A husband is the head of the home and his presence is like a shield for the family, no matter how big or small, functional or dysfunctional. He plays a very important role indeed and his death is usually a big blow to the family. When the man of the house dies, the wife and children are very often left feeling very insecure and exposed. They need the support and encouragement of family and friends in order to rise up again and begin taking steps into an uncertain future.
A simple word or verse or poem of sympathy can make a big difference in times of sorrow and pain. Share your love and comfort with grieving friends and family who have lost this important member of the family. Sympathy Messages that comfort and give hope will be well received and in the days to come the bereaved can look back at the messages sent and realize that they are not alone.
Table of contents
- 1 SYMPATHY CARD MESSAGES FOR LOSS OF HUSBAND
- 2 SYMPATHY MESSAGES FOR LOSS OF SPOUSE
- 3 CONDOLENCES FOR DEATH OF HUSBAND
- 4 CONDOLENCE MESSAGE ON DEATH OF HUSBAND
- 5 Sympathy Messages: What to Write
- 6 What is a Condolence Message?
- 7 Things You Should Never Say to a Grieving Person
- 8 Short and Simple Condolences Messages
- 9 Heartfelt Condolence messages on death of husband
- 10 Deep condolence message on death of wife
- 11 Condolences message to a friend who lost his father
- 12 Condolence message on death of mother
- 13 Condolence message on death of brother
- 14 Condolence messages for loss of sister
- 15 Touching condolence message on death of a Child
- 16 Condolence message on death of mentor
- 17 Sincere Condolence Messages on loss of a pet
SYMPATHY CARD MESSAGES FOR LOSS OF HUSBAND
- When the sun sets on a beloved husband it may seem as if the family will walk in darkness in days to come. God is the father of the fatherless and husband of widows, and may His strong arms carry and protect you and your children now and ever more.
- Though your husband is gone, he still lives in your heart and in the children that he has left you. Cherish and treasure those memories for they will give you strength to carry on. My deepest sympathies for the loss of your husband.
- Here lies a great man who has left a wonderful legacy behind. He was larger than life and he lived it to the fullest. Now that he has gone may all the beautiful memories be a blessing to you and your children. Please accept my sympathies for losing your husband.
- We may not understand why he had to leave us so soon but we pray that God will comfort you and lift you up. Our prayers and thoughts are with you during this painful time that you have lost your husband. You are not alone.
- It is not how long a man lives, but how deep that life is. In your pain and sorrow remember that he was a great man. Our sincere sympathies for the death of your husband.
- I pay tribute and honour to a great man who walked this earth, and has left it so suddenly. He has left footprints in my heart and life and I will miss him greatly. My heart goes out to you and your children as you mourn the passing of your husband and father.
- The curtain has fallen and this great man’s role has ended. His legacy will live on in the wonderful things he did for those who knew him. May this tribute be a reflection of the glorious life he lived. My deepest sympathies for the loss of your husband and father.
- We cannot turn back the clock, so we have to look ahead. In the days to come as you walk through life without the support and care of your husband, may God be there every step of the way to lead and guide you. Please accept my deepest sympathies for the loss of your husband.
SYMPATHY MESSAGES FOR LOSS OF SPOUSE
- Please accept my deepest sympathies for the loss of your spouse. I knew him as a wonderful, caring and responsible man and I cannot begin to imagine what you are your children are going through. You can count on me to be with you whenever you need me.
- Losing your husband is not easy and even in the days to come as you mourn, may God of all comfort hold you and the children up. Remember that you are not alone for we your family and friends are here to walk through these dark times with you. I am very sorry for your loss.
- It was with shock and sorrow that I received the news of the death of your beloved husband. My heart and my hands reach out to you and the children, and whenever you need me and for whatever reason please call on me and I will be there for you.
- I take this time to express my sincere heartfelt sympathies for the loss of your husband. He was a man who inspired us by his genuine love and care for his family, a true leader indeed. We will sadly miss him and our prayers are with you and your family at this painful time.
- Words may not sufficiently express the sorrow we feel at the loss of your husband. He was a good friend, mentor and counselor to us and we will greatly miss him. Our thoughts are with you during this painful time, please accept our sincere sympathies.
- Knowing your husband has been a great blessing and now that he is gone we share in your sorrow and grief. We will never forget all the wonderful ways in which he touched our lives. We are sorry for your loss and are praying for you.
- You husband touched many lives and inspired all those he came in contact with. The world has truly lost a great man and we share your sorrow. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We are very sorry for you loss.
CONDOLENCES FOR DEATH OF HUSBAND
- My heartfelt condolences go out to you for the death of your husband. He took his place in life and played his role with courage, responsibility and love and his death is a big blow to all of us. Please accept my simple words of comfort and you are always in my thoughts.
- We celebrate the life of an immortal man. Though he is physically gone his memories are forever and may you find peace in the knowledge that he loved you deeply and would have wished to stay longer with you. Treasure every memory of your husband, and I want to express my deepest condolences for the death of your husband.
- It may be hard to see beyond this pain and my prayer for you is that may your husband’s memories bless you and your family as you allow God to be your refuge and strength. My condolences for the death of your beloved husband.
- True love lives forever even beyond the grave. Your husband has moved to a different dimension but his love abides in our hearts forever. My deepest condolences for your loss.
- I received with great sadness the news of the death of your husband and I want you to know that he touched my life in a very special way. He truly cared about those he loved and will be greatly missed. Please accept my heartfelt condolences.
CONDOLENCE MESSAGE ON DEATH OF HUSBAND
- It will not be easy living without the love and support of your husband, it will just be different. And in the days to come please know that I am here for you whenever you need me. My prayers go out to you and your children. God bless you all.
- If I could take away even a little bit of the sorrow and anguish that you are feeling I would do so. My hands are here to comfort and hold you and to remind you that you are not alone. My deepest condolences on the death of your beloved husband.
- Nothing will ever be the same again and it is alright to grieve and ask questions. I may not have any answers to give you but I will listen and be there for you. I share in your sorrow and pain during this time that you have lost your husband and my sincere condolences go out to you.
- Please accept my deepest condolences. Your husband lived to make other lives bearable and that is how I will always remember him, as a man who gave selflessly and sincerely. I will truly miss this wonderful man. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
- Your husband’s memory is a flame that will burn continually for he walked this earth with purpose and reached out to others. We will never forget him and our prayer is that God of all comfort will hold you and your family up. With deepest sympathy.
The loss of a husband is a major tragedy for any wife as she loses the most special person of her life. The husband, with whom dreams of living together and sharing special moments are spun by the wife, his death would leave her devastated. The condolences are sent to the wife by loved ones and family members to console her grief and make her feel less sad. The condolence wishes can be sent through text messages with loving notes for the person.
Following are beautiful samples of condolence message for the loss of husband to send to the wife:
1). For my dear cousin, I send my condolences for the loss of your husband through this text. Do have faith in the Almighty and I hope He gives you strength to sail through this difficult time.
2). To my friend, I send my condolences for the loss of your husband. Your husband’s death came as a great shock to me and I hope you have the courage to face this difficult time.
3). For a dear friend, condolences for the loss of your husband due to illness. I am deeply sad for the loss and send loving wishes to help you overcome the loss.
4). To my sweet sister, I am much sad for the loss of your husband and send my hearty condolences. I pray to the Almighty to bless you with much courage and love.
5). Dear friend, condolences on the loss of your husband due to accident. It is a major unfortunate incident and I hope you get all the love and support you need at this time.
6). To my sister in law, I send my heartfelt condolences for the loss of your husband. I also send my love to help you overcome this difficult time easily.
- words of condolences for loss of a husband
- sample words of sympathy for loss of husband
- sympathy wishes for loss of husband
- sympathies message for coworker on loss of husband
- sample condolence loss of husband
- loss of a husband sympathy message
- greeting to person that lost her husband to be
- example of sympathy to a freinds husbands passing
- condolences messages loss of husband
- condolences for husband loss
Are you thinking of writing your sympathy message to offer to your friend who lost her husband?
In this guide, you are gonna know what to put in sympathy messages for loss of husband with lots of images and sample sympathy cards messages.
Sympathy Messages: What to Write
Sympathy is the fellow-feeling and arises from the relationship between persons or things where should one is affected by something, the other is going to get the same. A sympathy message is the messages addressed to heal the anguish of the people suffering from pain and/or sorrow of losing the dear one. It contains few words wholly intended to relieve the anguish.
We usually offer a few words to our nearest and dearest one if she or he suffers from loss, pain, and anguish. The messages contain some softening words, images, and quotes. Despite having no financial benefits, sympathy messages can smooth the aching heart of the sufferers.
Mostly we use sympathy quotes and messages on the card as per USA/UK practices. Note that sympathy card wordings are short and concise. For examples: Dear friend, I know how sad you are about the loss of your mother. Here I want to tell you how profoundly sorry I am for your loss. I am keeping you in my prayers. Please accept my sympathy and love.
Here you’ll get the 100 short deepest sympathy cards messages for loss of mother/father/brother/sister/husband/son/daughter. You can either use them directly or customize before sending to the person you are to sympathize. Moreover; in some examples, we have used dots wherein you have to insert the name of the person concerned.
- On your loss of the father, I am saddened and know how you feel now. Please accept our deeper condolences
- Our Lord must reward her for sacrificing deeds during her lifetime with us. She’s in a better place.
- I here like to convey my genuine feeling for your husband, my mentor, and guru. He’s at peace now.
- God has loved him to reward in the life hereafter. I know he isn’t in pain now, but we still have to live with ours.
- She’s been in peace in the heaven. People love her, so God does. Those who achieve peoples love must achieve God’s favor. Put this behind you and get on with your life. Her memory will guide us.
- The Almighty sent Mr. Roger to us. What he did was to change our philosophy of life. Millions have been influenced. He now passed away. It’s part of God’s plan.
- You should be proud of having part of such a brave man who sacrificed life for the noble cause of the land. Please accept our sympathies.
- I’m so sorry to hear that John has left us forever. Our prayers and thoughts are with your family.
- Never think that he has died as he is living in hearts of millions. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
- We will all Miss Emily; she touched so many of our lives. Our Lord must favor such a noble lady.
- To hear of passing away of your mother, I was so broken hearted. What I am feeling right now is hard to put into words. Please accept my sincere condolences.
- He was such a creative person, and I am so sorry he breathed his last. Please accept my sympathies.
- On your loss of the father, please accept our deep sympathies for your family. Our love and support will always be here for you.
- I am so sad to hear of your brother’s passing away. I will be calling you next week to check in on you. Please accept my condolences at this hard-hitting time.
- On knowing your loss of the sister, I was so sad and I could not talk for a while. Please accept my sympathies. I would like to drop by on Monday at 1400hrs but will call first to see if that is a convenient time for you.
- Your loss of grandmother has made me sad. Please accept my condolences. Saturday is a free day for me to come over and help you.
- Loss of brother is too difficult to bear with, I know. Kindly accept my love and sympathies for you at this harsh time. I will keep you in my prayers.
- We are parts of your difficult time after the loss of the loving brother. We are remembering him with due respect. Please accept our condolences.
- My heart goes out to you in your time of sorrow from the loss of loving grandfather who will remain in our hearts forever. Our prayers are with the surviving members of your family.
- Though your father is not physically present before us, his spirit is always around us. We pray for his peace in the afterworld.
- My love goes out to you; I am with my dear friend. God bless.
- On knowing that your loving has breathes his last, my heart starts burning. My deepest sympathy is for you.
- Staying 16k kilometers away, I wish I could fly to be alongside you at the tough time. Please accept my sympathy and love. Shortly I will be meeting you.
- I am sorry for the passing of your beloved. Never forget he is now under the mercy of God, to whom we shall revert as well. You are in our hearts and prayers.
- We pray for prompt recovery from the difficult chapter of your life. We are ready to extend our hands to you. We are keeping you in my prayers.
- Brave sons cannot retire. They would not be called dead. They are still living through their deeds. Please accept my love and Sympathies.
- My sympathy and love go on to you and your family members. I am very very sad for the sudden passing on of your loving. God bless.
- I am so sad to know that you have lost your passionate mother. He was our inspiration for living. We are now devoid of a guardian. Please accept my deepest condolences.
- Some souls are invincible. God will definitely favor them. We are keeping you in my prayers and thoughts.
- There shouldn’t be any signs of sorrow on the passing on of such a blessed person. She might have already been in the apex of heavens. We keep you in our daily prayers.
- The news of passing away of your loving is obviously extremely sad and tragic for our family as well. You will find all beside you in the days ahead. Kindly accept our sympathies.
- The tragic loss of your affectionate has made us saddest. It has also reminded of what an extraordinary and inspiring man he was. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family right now.
- We, all the member of Tesco Family, are mourning the loss of Mr. Alan, who battles with the rare genetic condition for a long time. I personally paid a visit to him last months and found him to calm and improving. However; his demise has caused us an immense unrecoverable loss. Please accept our heartfelt condolences.
- I am very much saddened to hear of the passing away of your beloved. People of all classes were fond of him due to his wisdom and contributions. Our loss on his demise is irreparable. Our prayers are for his peace in the fairyland.
- On the passing away of Mr , I offer your family my profound sympathy at this sad time and hope you would shortly be capable of rising from this tough situation. Please call me for any sort of requirement. I will remain happy to be in favor of you.
- Please know that we are keeping your in our prayers, and accept my sincerest condolences for an incredibly great loss. His memories will remain alive in our mind.
- Our prayers are for the departed souls and we hope that our creator will provide you with the strength during this time of loss to overcome this loss.
- My peace be with you during this difficult time of your life. Please have patience and let the time pass. I wish your heart were capable of resisting the anguish of soul.
- Time is the best healer. Let time heal the sores of your hurt caused by the loss of your beloved……. May the Almighty be with you.
- Let me express my earnest condolences on your difficult time. Human life is a bed of thrones. I hope you can put up with the suffering of your soul.
- Never feel that you are alone. My heart is full of you and will remain so in the coming days as well.
- We, of course, have no words to utter actually to appease your mind in this type of sorrow. Despite these, please be known that we all are now in the equal state upon knowing about you.
- No matter how you are passing this time of sorrow good days are certainly waiting for you.Our deepest sympathy goes to you and May the Almighty give you will-power to resist the ache in the mind.
- With love and remembrance, he would remain ever fresh in our mind and would always be in our prayer, always.
- Some are remembered forever. Some would be missing always. He would remain in our mind as alive. His presence will never be lost from our feeling at all.
- It is not at all an easy task to endure such a loss of beloved one. So, pray to the Almighty to provide you with the mental strength to pass these tough days i.e. days in absence of him.
- You cannot just imagine the state of our mind on hearing the news of your loss of Mr. Henry. Though it is not possible for us to make you re-gain him. It is not decent but we assure you it is your affection for Mr. Henry will pave the way for your forthcoming meeting with him in the paradise.
- We still can recall clearly the ever-smiling face of Ms. Alva. and She will be with us as always. We pray for her peace and success in the life hereafter. We also pray for your strength to face the time bravely.
- Under no circumstances can we forget her smiling face. She will be as she was among us. Our sympathies go to you and your family members. We pray for your quick passing of a hard time.
- The grief you are now suffering is transient and ending soon. What is actually ever-lasting is his immortal memory in our mind. We wish him success in the life hereafter.
- Quite similarly we will feel the great presence of her good gesture. People like her deserve so. However; we wish your quick recovery of sadness.
- Upon getting the news of his departure, all of our family members got stuck and speechless for some time since we cannot think of ourselves for the remaining life. It is really hard to cope up with. Wishing early healing of the sadness of your mind.
- Never did we even think of losing her such an early stage of our lives. He was our inspiration and motivation to survive. So, we all would be living like a dying patient. It is unrecoverable in all respects. Our deeper sympathies to his family members.
- What the death brings to the man like him is to unite his souls with our Lord. So, it is not worthy lamenting because he was a man of goodness and utter sacrificing. He would certainly be closer to our Lord.
- We are not in sorrowful at all since we know and believe that woman like her has by this time might have gained the second of the God in the paradise. It is the usual destination of the human. Good sympathies to your family.
- He might have shown his deep obedience to the will of the Almighty and bid farewell to us and leave the unholy world forever. So, we believe he might have reached the proximity of the Lord. Condolences to your family.
- Like the living stars in the sky, she will be in our mind forever and ever. Never lose hope of meeting him very soon. Please accept our sympathies.
- Her immortality lies in his virtues and the good deed to us during his lifetime. Thus, he will be missed a lot but never be forgotten, yes even for a while.
- May the Almighty pacify your agonizing hearts with his mercy and peace. Hope you kindly accept our heartfelt condolences.
- Not a single day we pass without her. Now onward we have to pass which is impossible for us, no doubt. It is her remembrance that would lead us forward. She will be in our prayer time as well. Please accept our condolences.
- The man who has provided us with the living force has left forever. But it seems to us that he would still be with around us with his smiling face. We pray for his success in the life hereafter. We extend our sympathies to your family members.
- I am very blue on knowing your loss of the mother. My prayers are with you. Please accept my condolences.
- Our feelings are with your family for this irreparable loss.
- With love and hugs, she will live with us through her sweet memories.
- You will find us in the coming days as you are going to start living in absence of your loving.
- Nothing can occupy our heart so deeply as your father did. So, we will never forget him.
- No words can express my sadness due to loss of your brother.
- May you be comforted by the outpouring of love surrounding you.
- My prayers are for your overcoming of such difficult time.
- We are with you to support your family in your grieving process.
- We will be praying for you and your surviving family members.
- Our sadness knows no bound to hear about the death of .
- I pray that the love of God enfolds you during this tough time
- I’ll never forget your mother who has brought so many gifts to our life.
- God must place her in the acme of paradise. Our prayers are with you.
On the loss of the father
Dear Friends, we are seriously shocked at the news of your father’s departure from all of us. We share your burden and please let us know if you need any assistance. In case we can be of your service, we would more than happy. Please accept our deepest condolences.
Sorry for your sudden demise of the father who was a noble teacher. His nation-making contribution will remain in the heart of the people as well as his pupils. Please accept our deep condolence and a token of the love of flowers.
On knowing of your father’s passing away, we became wordless and mute, and could not believe what people were then saying. I personally was feeling his presence like anything else. I cannot even forget the man, who achieves all criteria of human success. Our sympathies are with you and your family.
Dear Buddy, Whoever knows that we all have to say adieu to the world? Passing on is nothing but a transition to the world thereafter. People like your father is unmatched and blessing to our locality. Our prayers and wishes are for you and your family. Please accept our flowers and a little gift for you.
Dear Pal, I would like to share your sorrow and hard times on the demise of your father. Please think that you are not alone all and we are with you as well as with your family. We are really so sorry for your loss. Your father might by this time be residing at the favorite palaces of the fairyland.
On your father’s passing, we here want to acknowledge and respect your personal pain, and disappointment. We hope to be alongside you in your life. This is to inform you about our heartfelt Sympathies.
On the loss of Mother
Dear Friend, I know the difficulty of passing grief-stricken days, particularly on the passing away of dearest one –MOTHER. Since we have the same experiences of losing our mother in our early days of life. Please accept our condolences.
Passing away of Mom is never compensating and recoverable. This is the sweetest relationship of the world. We are so saddened by your mother’s passing. Her affection for all of us is bottomless and her devotions for all of are excessive. We will never forget her and her sacrifices.
What is the saddest time in our life? No doubt, it is when we have to bid farewell to our nearest and dearest one. If it is for Mom, there are no limits to our sorrow and hardship. Knowing all still, we request you to accept our sympathies.
Our love and affection are for you and your family members at your passing away of Mom, You will have all of us anytime you feel necessary. Please accept our sympathies.
Please acknowledge our sympathies and flowers on the demise of Mom. She was a great Mom, who was an unending motivation. We are equally saddened by your loss and will be available for any need of you.
As your bosom buddy, we must be feeling sad for your unwelcome and untimely death of your beloved mother. We pray to God for peace of her departed soul.
On the loss of a husband
At the demise of your beloved husband Mr. , we are saddened, so please accept our sympathies. We will keep him in our thought and prayers.
His companionship was never boring. His attributes deserve imitation by the youth of the age. His sacrifice was immense for the sake of the common masses. We would never be able of forgetting the man from daily activities. Please think that you are not alone and we will keep him in our thoughts.
Keeping you in my prayers on hearing about your passing of beloved husband. You are not alone as we all are with you. Please feel free to contact us if you need any financial support.
For your death of the husband, we are speechless. Please be informed that we are with your family and ready to be in services of you. Our prayers to our Creator are for your recovery from this hard time.
Our taking and thoughts are with you, dear. We lost our voice to talk to you. His memories still shiver me with hilarious feelings. Hope you accept our sincere condolences.
As a human being, I offer you and your family my deepest condolences on the demise of your loving husband. Your husband was not only a good friend of mine but also a mentor. Memories of your husband, who is with real feelings and a real heart, will remain ever fresh in our mind.
On the loss of Son/Daughter/Child
May our Almighty strengthen your heart to bear with this hard time on passing away of your newly born child. Children are blooming flowers of the heaven. God might have placed them with mercy and blessings.
On your eternal departure of the younger daughter, I have been saddened deeply and am keeping you in my thought and daily prayers. Please accept our cordial sympathies.
Dearest friend, we pray for your recovery from the passing of your son. We will be with you in the coming days and forever, so never feel lonely since our thoughts are with you.
My memories of your beloved daughter are vivid in my mind and will remain so for the days to come. Our sympathies are with you and we pray for God’s pity and compassion.
The departure of our children toward our creator is another chapter of human life. So, be optimistic about peace and comfort of the departed soul. Please accept my sympathy.
I am so saddened by your loss of the child. They are actually birds of heaven, playing with our Lord. Kindly keep patience. We are sharing your pain.
Tips for writing the appeal
You have to decide on when to send sympathy messages based on your relationship with the bereaved. The soonest is the better. Most preferable time is when someone gets died or someone is mourning for someone. The closeness of the relationship with the deceased or the mourning people are important. If it is closer, then messages should be sent immediately.
The following cares must be exercised to draft your sympathy messages:
- Avoiding the longer form of sympathy messages
- Showing supremacy of Faith and Values of the bereavement
- Customize as much as possible to make your messages personal
- What You Don’t Need to Say in your messages
- The closing of sympathy messages
Sending a sympathy note during the time of sorrow really works well to remove the burden of losing nearest and dearest person. Let’s see some examples:
For the departure of your father, we know over half of the nation mourns alongside you. It’s me who also profoundly saddened and being part of our national mourning. Please accept my sincerest Sympathies.
Sympathy messages closings: how to sign
As the choice of wording in writing sympathy messages bears importance; so, the closing of your message is not less important. Here you can learn how to sign a sympathy card, this would make your card appealing. Let’s see some widely used closings in sympathy messages cards:
- With caring thoughts and prayers
- With loving memories of
- Peace, Prayers, and Blessings
- I keep you are in my prayers.
- My warmest condolences
- With heartfelt condolences
- With sincerest sympathy
- My sincere condolences
- Please accept my sincere condolences
- My daily thoughts and prayers are with you.
- On your loss of the mother, I am thinking of you.
- Never forget that we love and care about you as always.
- With love and respect, we remember your lost brother.
- Gracefully sent with love and remembrance
- Please accept my heartfelt compassion for your loss
The best sympathy messages are of course from your hand and ours above guide only. Let us have your comment in the below box.
Sympathy messages in images
Here are sample sympathy messages in the image for direct sharing to the suffering person.
Finding the right words of condolences to offer the bereaved is difficult. There are no right words; there’s nothing you could say that will make the pain go away. However, there are short and simple condolence messages you can send to a grieving person.
What is a Condolence Message?
A condolence message is a heartfelt or sympathetic message you send to someone in a time of sadness, specifically, during the time of death.
When someone loses a loved one, one of the necessary things you have to do is show sympathy and the most acceptable way to show compassion is to pick out a simple, heartfelt condolence message that says conveys your sympathy and try and be there for the person as much as you can.
Things You Should Never Say to a Grieving Person
Although your condolence messages or words of encouragement might not be enough to cheer up a grieving friend, careless words could hurt them further.
Here are a couple of things to avoid saying to a grieving person or expecting from someone who is grieving.
- Don’t expect a thank you.
- Do not rationalize.
- Don’t say it is probably for the best.
- Don’t say you are not the first person to lose someone.
- Don’t say move on.
- Don’t say the deceased is in a better place.
- Don’t go making false promises.
If you are terrible at consoling people who just lost a loved one, then you will find this list of sympathy messages handy.
Short and Simple Condolences Messages
These simple words of sympathy are appropriate for situations when you didn’t know the deceased, or you aren’t close to the bereaved. For example, you are accompanying a friend to a funeral, or your co-worker lost his best friend.
If someone loses an uncle, an aunt, a friend, an in-law or even a grandparent and you did not know the deceased use the following straightforward and short words of condolence:
- “Accept my condolences.”
- “My deepest sympathy.”
- “I’m very saddened to hear of your loss.”
- “I am so sorry for your loss.”
- “My heart goes out to you in your time of sorrow.”
- “Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.”
- “My prayers are with you and family.”
- “Accept my deepest and heartfelt condolences.”
- “Accept my warm and heartfelt sympathy.”
- “I am thinking of you during this time. Please accept my deepest condolences.”
Heartfelt Condolence messages on death of husband
Losing a spouse is a painful emotional experience for anyone. When we fall in love, among the things we fear could end a relationship, death is something we never include.
The best way to offer condolences to someone who just lost a husband is to say a little heartfelt word of sympathy and offer to help out.
You can offer to pick up the children, or drop them at their grandmas’, get some so groceries, bring them food as the family is on shutdown at such moments.
These are heartfelt condolences messages that can convey your sympathy to a friend or someone who just lost her husband:
- “I’m sorry for your loss. May God ease this painful period for you, Stay strong.”
- “Please accept my heartfelt condolences on the passing of your husband.”
- “May God bless and comfort you and your family during this difficult period, please accept my sincere condolences.”
- “My heart goes out to you and your family on the passing of your husband, father and best friend, know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.”
- “I’m sorry for your loss, with time and courage you will sail through these rough waters.”
- “I can not possibly imagine what you feel right now, let me know if there is anything I can do to ease your pain at this difficult period.”
- “I heard about the passing of your husband; I hope you can take some comfort in knowing that he was a great friend, and he will be sorely missed.”
- “I am deeply honored and blessed to have known your husband. He was blessing in my life, and I will forever carry him in my heart. Accept my condolences.”
- “I was so deeply saddened to hear of your husband’s passing. He was a wonderful man. You have my deepest sympathy.”
- “My heartfelt sympathy for the loss of your husband. I know you had a great marriage and loved him so much. I share your grief at this trying time.”
Deep condolence message on death of wife
Condolence messages on loss of wife
When a man loses his wife, it takes him time to realize just how much is about to change. Apart from your message of condolence, he could use your help with home errands such as food and in caring for the children.
These are sympathy messages for someone who just lost his wife:
- “Please accept my sincere sympathy for the loss of your wife. I share in the grief of you and your family at this sad time.”
- “I am deeply saddened by the loss of your wife. She will be truly missed, and I will include you and your family in my daily prayers.”
- “A person that departs from this earth never truly leaves, for they are still alive in our hearts and minds, through us, they live on. Surely she will not be forgotten.”
- “My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family during this difficult period. May you find the comfort and peace that you seek and may the soul of your wife rest in peace.”
- “I cannot even begin to understand what you are going through right now, but I would like to offer my prayers and condolences to you and your family.”
- “Please accept my condolences on the passing of wife. It is an honor to have known such a great person, and I will truly miss her.”
- “My heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family. I will surely miss her presence; she was a lovable and kind person.”
- ‘May the fond memories of your wife bring you comfort during this hard time in your life. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family.”
- “At this trying period in your life, I pray that God will grant you the serenity and peace that you need to get through this. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.”
- “Your wife was an exceptional person and will be missed. You have my most sincere sympathy for her passing.”
Condolences message to a friend who lost his father
The loss of a father is massive.
Your message of condolences will depend on the recipient. If it is a co-worker or a friend who lost his father, a simple message of condolence is appropriate what if it is a child? That requires more finesse and empathy.
These are appropriate words of sympathy for someone who just lost a father:
- “So sorry to hear this sad news. I’m thinking of you and your family at this time.”
- “He is a great loss to all the people who know him. May his soul rest in peace.”
- “Sympathies to your family on the passing of your father. He will always be in our hearts.”
- “May I offer my sympathies to you and your family on the loss of your father, God bless his soul.”
- “Please accept my condolences on the loss of your dad. His life is an inspiration to me and many others.”
- “I may never fathom how painful this loss is for you; please be assured that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Accept my sympathy.”
- “Your father’s vision of life was remarkable. He was indeed an inspiration to us all. Please accept my condolences.”
- “I am so sorry to hear about your father’s passing. We hope that the love of family and friends will comfort and strengthen you in the days ahead.”
- “My condolences to you and your family on the passing of your father. It is never easy to lose a parent, no matter their age. I pray for your peace and comfort during this difficult period.”
- “Our condolences to you at this sad time. Your father was a wonderful man. He always had a calming effect on everyone around him. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.”
Condolence message on death of mother
“When I lost my mom, I cried until my insides hurt and my tears ran out.” – Nicholas Owen
These are some deep words of sympathy for someone who just lost a mother, if you knew the mother well enough, a short story or mention of the impact she had on you would be helpful.
- “Please accept my heartfelt condolences on the passing of your mother, know that I’m available if you need a shoulder to cry on. God bless her soul.”
- “I extend to you my deep and heartfelt condolences on the loss of your mother. I hope you find some comfort in knowing that she was a great mother to me, and she will never be forgotten.”
- “I offer you my thoughts, prayers, and well wishes during this dark time in your life. May the soul of your dear mother rest in peace.”
- “It is terrible to hear about your loss. I express my sincere sympathy to you and your family. Know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.”
- “I am deeply saddened by the great loss you and your family have suffered. My heart goes out to you in this trying time and may you, and your loved ones find the strength to get through this.”
- “I hope that the Lord brings you and your family the much-needed comfort and peace during this sad time. My condolences to you and your family.”
- “Losing someone we love is never easy, but we must be thankful for, the beautiful moments and memories we shared with them. Your mother was a beautiful and kind soul, and she will not be forgotten.”
- “I would like to express my sorrow and condolences to you and your family. I pray you and your family find the fortitude to bear this great loss.”
- “Once the tears have dried up, and you have said your goodbyes, what is left is the beautiful and happy memories that you shared with your mother. May you find comfort in the memories you shared with your mom, accept my sincere condolences.”
- “Please accept my condolences, know that I am here for you if you need any help.”
Condolence message on death of brother
“A brother shares childhood memories and grown-up dreams.”
Losing a brother is never easy, most times the surviving siblings wonder if there is anything they could have done and then they find something and blame themselves.
Empathy, in this case, is more important than sympathy.
It is always helpful to offer simple condolences phrases such as “There was nothing you could have done.” “It’s not your fault.”
These simple words of sympathy are appropriate for someone who just lost a brother:
- “My heart goes out to you and your family on the passing of your brother. Accept my sincere condolences”.
- “Accept my deepest condolences on the loss of your brother; he was a kind and gentle soul. God bless his soul”.
- “My thoughts are with you and your family at this hard time caused by the painful loss of your dear brother. Accept my deepest sympathy”.
- “There are no words to express my sorrow for your loss, may you find comfort in the loving memories you shared while he was alive. Accept my condolences.”
- “He can only be physically gone but never the life lived and the memories shared. Have faith and be strong, may his soul rest in peace”.
- “It’s awful and sad to hear about the sudden and painful exit of your dear brother. My deepest and sincere sympathy goes to you and your family”.
- “Every time you miss him, search in your heart, there you can feel him, be with him and embrace him. May his gentle soul rest in peace.”
- “Your brother shall forever be cherished. In our minds, he lives on. It is an honor to serve alongside your brother. My condolences to you and your family.”
- “Your brother is the kindest and bravest person I have ever met, Stay strong and know that he continues to live in our heart. My sympathies.”
- “I know there are no words to comfort you right now. If there is anything I can do to help ease your grief at this trying period, please do not hesitate to reach out to me”. My condolences to you and your family.”
Condolence messages for loss of sister
It’s easier to miss her at a cemetery, where she’s never been anything but dead than to miss her at all the places where she was alive. —John Scalzi
These are examples of words of condolences you can offer to a friend or co-worker who just lost a sister:
- “I just heard about your sister’s passing. You have my heartfelt sympathy.”
- I am very saddened to hear of your loss. Accept my deepest condolences.”
- “I’m always there in your hour of need. May her soul rest in peace.”
- “I am sorry for your loss. I am available if you need anything or if there’s anything you’d like to talk about.”
- “I know mere words aren’t enough, but I want to let you know how sorry I am for your loss.”
- “May our Lord bless and comfort you and your family during this time of grief. Please accept my sincere condolences.”
- “I am forever grateful for the opportunity to know your sister and I will surely miss her warm smile, my deepest sympathies.”
- “In this sad time, I would like to extend my heartfelt condolences to you and your family on the painful exit of your dear sister. She was so important to our world, and will never be forgotten.”
- “I am sorry to hear about your sister, she lived a fabulous life and was an inspiration to everyone who knew her. My deepest condolences.”
- “I know that you are going through a tough time, just know that I am here for you. I am truly sorry for your loss.”
Touching condolence message on death of a Child
Losing a child is like a sword through the heart a thousand times, it is death by a thousand paper cuts, and it is not uncommon for marriages to crash shortly after the death of a child.
It is a sensitive period for the parents, so it is best to keep to a simple word of condolences.
Here are ten simple condolence messages for a family that just lost their child:
- “Very saddened to hear this news. My thoughts are with you.”
- “In moments of a great ordeal, words are useless. God rest his soul.”
- “Your loss deeply saddens me, May you find the strength to get through this.”
- “In this sorrowful time, may the love of family and strength from friends comfort you.”
- “You and your family are in my prayers during this difficult period. Accept my condolences.”
- “She will always be remembered, as I will forever hold her in my heart. God rest her soul.”
- “We will never forget the image of his energetic and bright face. May God grant him eternal rest and the family the strength to bear his untimely passing.
- “I pray that your heart and soul will find peace and comfort during this difficult period. Accept my deepest condolences.”
- “My sincere condolences to your family on the immeasurable loss you suffered. Know that you are in my prayers.”
- “I can’t imagine what your family must be feeling right now, but I want you to know that I’m just a phone call away if there is anything I can do to help you get through this. My heartfelt condolences.”
Condolence message on death of mentor
These are sincere condolences message you can send to the family of a late teacher, mentor, boss, principal or any figure of authority in your life.
If you have a good memory of your mentor, you can share it with the bereaved to recognize the role the deceased played in your life.
“I will always remember the day; he met me crying in the hallway because of some trouble at home. He took me home and told me to wait in the car; I saw him have a word with my mother and from that day, my parents never fought again, well at least not in front of me.”
Stories like this can offer some comfort to the grieving family.
These are 10 condolence messages you can offer someone who lost a teacher or a mentor:
- “I was deeply saddened to hear your loss. My deepest sympathies to your family for this great loss.”
- “I pray that in this difficult time, the love of God shelters you and mend the pain as you move forward.”
- “May God put him in a special place from where he will be watching us, the people who loved and cherished him. Accept my deepest condolences.”
- “Death can never take a good man away, for, in the hearts of the people he inspired, the legacy remains and continuous throughout generations. He was a great teacher and father to many and may his soul find eternal rest.”
- “In this time of grief, your family is in my thoughts and prayers; I will forever be grateful for the impact she had on my life growing up. Please accept my deepest sympathies.”
- “I will forever cherish his leadership and guidance. I will carry him forever in my heart. Please accept my heartfelt condolences.”
- “My deepest condolences go out to your family. I will miss the presence of the truly lovable and kind person she was.”
- “May the care and love of those around you provide comfort and peace needed to get through the days ahead. My sincere condolences.”
- “It’s so sad that my great mentor is gone so soon. I pray his family finds the love and strength needed to forge ahead in his huge absence. My deepest sympathies.”
- “Accept my deepest sympathies. His dedicated tutorship and unrelenting discipline formed the bulk of my life’s foundation.”
Sincere Condolence Messages on loss of a pet
For some people, the death of a pet could sting more than the loss of a friend. I’m not making this up; some pet owners are more attached to their pets than humans.
This means when someone loses a pet, a condolence message on the loss of the pet is in order.
Here are some sample condolence messages on the loss of a pet:
- “I’m very saddened to hear of your loss. she was a cute cat.”
- “I was saddened to hear that you lost your furry family member.”
- “I am praying for you as you mourn the loss of your family member, playmate, and friend.”
- “Your dog was downright the cutest and best dog, I’ve ever seen. Accept my sincere sympathies.”
- “Accept my condolences on the loss of your pet; I know you shared many beautiful memories together.”
- “My heart goes out to you and your family as you grieve the loss of a very lovable member of your family.”
- “Losing a pet is never easy, and it reminds us the huge role they played in our lives, cherish the memories.”
- “I am so sorry for you had to put down your dog. I admire your bravery and love; you are a great pet owner.”
- “My deepest sympathy on the loss of your dog, I’ve known that dog for as long as I’ve known you, she will be missed.”
- “Accept my deepest, and heartfelt condolences on the loss of your pet, who I know is also a member of your family, may the beautiful memories of your pet, comfort you in what must be a sad period for you.”
When someone loses a pet, avoid making statements such as “You can always get another pet.” It is equivalent to telling a boy who just lost his father, your mother will remarry soon and you will no longer miss your father. Stupid right? Yes, it is insensitive, and you should never say or imply that to a pet owner.
Remember, the best condolences message is one that conveys your sympathy.