Prayers For Lost Loved Ones
The loss of a loved one can be one of the most painful parts of life. Grief and mourning come in many different stages and it is easy to let emotion consume you during these difficult times. However, it is important to keep God close to your heart instead of pushing Him away. Remember that you need God now more than ever and He wants you to be happy again despite the loss and heartbreak you may feel.
In addition to losing a loved one yourself, it is also difficult to know how to help someone else who has lost someone close. One way to comfort them is to pray to God that they find peace and comfort in their time of need. With the love and reassurance God can provide, it is possible to ease the pain of those who are hurting. These 10 prayers can help you and your friends or family to cope with the loss of a loved one by asking God to pay close attention to them so they are able to move on.
Here, we have a prayer for family to ask for God’s help in strengthening a family’s bond. Sometimes, members of our families can be the cause of a lot of stress and worry.
Bring them closer to yourself, and God with this family prayer.
Table of contents
Prayer to Keep Family Together
Say this prayer to help bring your family closer together. Make sure to say the names of any family member you want included in the prayer. Your husband (or wife), sons, daughters, father or mother.
Use this prayer, and write your own at the bottom of this page.
A Prayer for Family
Please shine your light upon my family.
Give us strength to overcome all of the
difficulties that we are dealing with now
and protect us against any and all problems
we may encounter in the future.
O Lord, please bring us together as we
are meant to be. May the love that binds
us only grow stronger as we fulfill the destiny
you have laid out for us.
Grant my family forgiveness for any sins we
have committed. May we also forgive one
another Lord, as it is sometimes difficult to do.
Bless us Lord,
In your name I pray, Amen
Bible Verses about Family
“For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.”
Check out what the bible has to say about family with these Bible Verses.
Family is an important part of one’s life, and is also very important to God. From Adam and Eve onward, God made humans to be together with love to guide and support one another. Through prayer we can make our families stronger.
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “A Prayer for Family”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Career path strengthening and helping my boys to mature- Lord I ask that you continue to help me grow in your word. I ask that you continue to allow me to go down a… …
- God’s Divine Intervention- Dear God, Please hear and answer my Mayday prayer for my husband. Oh sweet Lord,i need a miracle for my husband. He has been out… …
- Mother needs healing- My mother Hermelinda has a bad heart and diabetes. …
- Grow strong with God- Thank heavenly father for waking us this morning to see another day and to give thanks for who you are and what do for us… …
- God’s Divine Intervention- Dear God, I know my husband and I belong to you. Please hear and answer my prayers from today. Please send your angel to help… …
- Strength- I need prayers for me and my mom her health is not very good and I am the one taking care of her and I’m… …
- Help for my son- Dear Lord please help my son through the troubles and uncertainty in his life. Help him do his Job properly and remove those who do… …
- Give thanks to our Lord- Pray for my husband and for my son to heal them and give them both good health so they may both be healthy this new… …
- God’s Divine Intervention- Dear God, I am so afraid, about my med leave now being approved. Please help me with this and help me open my husband’s employment… …
- Financial breakthroughs- Financial breakthrough for my family this year and beyond. …
- Worry free happiness guidance- Dear Lord please protect me and my family cover us to keep us in good health keep us together bring us back to each other… …
- Pray for my little girl- Dear lord, thank you for the help you have given me,can you heal kimberley,and pray for me with my eye problem and the heath problems… …
- Powerful change turn around- I need for y’all to pray for my family that have been trying to do things to get me to fail at everything and not… …
- God’s Divine Intervention- Dear God, I know my husband and I belong to you. Lord I’m sick and I need your strength to feel better. Also,as my husband… …
- Spiritual Battle- Please be in prayer.My husband and I have been separated for two years.We need prayer for a spiritual battle that we are up against.My husband… …
- Seeing my Children Through School- Dear Brethren, I need your prayer support for me. I have so many issues that are disturbing my life and reducing me to nothing. Of… …
- Guide Me- Dear Lord, Guide me in your wisdom. I have failed without your guidance. I have hit rock bottom and can’t do this on my own… …
- Family unity, health and employment- Dear Lord, Please grant my family good health, unity and love! Please help us to love one another unconditionally and peacefully, my son has been… …
- Family- I need prayer for my family, that they will come to know the Lord and that their souls will be healed, that they will forgive… …
- Daughter- It has been almost 3 years and I am discouraged that my prodigal daughter will ever return. …
More prayers posted in: Family
Former Springfield Mayor, Friend, Father: Ossie Langfelder’s ‘storied Life’ Remembered
Former Springfield Mayor Ossie Langfelder, a refugee from Nazi aggression in Europe who ended up serving as Springfield’s chief executive for two terms and raising 13 children with his wife, Midge, died at his home early Wednesday. He was 89.Among his children are Springfield Mayor Jim Langfelder, who was elected this spring to the office his father held from 1987 to 1995, and Sangamon County … Read News
Clean House: Clean House Clean Heart
An Agenda Clean Air – Home | National Parks Conservation Just a few examples of the systemic breakdown in carrying out the nation’s clean air laws: • The Bush White House and the EPA set national air standards for ozone that •Heart attacks and strokes •Premature death Harm … View Video
Psalms For The Grieving Heart – Raising Arrows
He knows you and He knows the loved one you lost. In His mercy we have hope. Prayer: Lord God, outside the psalms during your daily Bible time. Prayer: God, My soul feels so very empty. I feel lost and forsaken and scared. Find me, Lord. Love … View Doc
A THANKSGIVING PRAYER FOR GRIEVING FAMILIES
A THANKSGIVING PRAYER FOR GRIEVING FAMILIES . Please join our family on this Thanksgiving Day And bless each one as we sit down to pray So dearly missed and deeply loved. Please provide us strength on this Thanksgiving Day … View Doc
Sympathy Etiquette For The Loss Of A Pet – About.com Style
When you know someone who has just lost a pet, offer your sympathy and support. There is no way another pet can replace the one that just passed away. The person will get another pet when he or she is ready, but that may not be for a while. … Read Article
Praying For Your Families And lost loved ones
Praying for Your families and lost loved ones: Father Your Word says in Matthew 18:19-20 that where two or three are gathered together in your Name you are in their midst, one of them and each one of us in a greater measure! Judy Brooks PO Box 701981, Dallas, … Read More