While chemotherapy is one of the most popular forms of treatment for cancer, many challenges are passed out to the individuals suffering. Prayer for their healing and recovery are just one of the many things you can do to support the individual. Here is a look at some great prayers for chemotherapy patients to help bring them comfort.
You have taught me that faith as small as a mustard seed can grow into an amazing tree.
Today I give you my little seed of faith. I place it firmly in the ground of your word. I water it with truth. The warmth of your love will make it grow.
Today I ask by faith that you would bring healing from this cancer. I place my trust in you. May this seed sow healing into every area where the tumour has emerged. May it grow into a strong work, redeeming and restoring with great strength and power.
Heavenly Father, I thank You so much for this day. Thank You for blessing us with it and in it another opportunity to serve You. Thank You for being the light in this dark world. We thank You for the enormous blessings that You send our way. Thank You for the opportunity to serve others in Your name.
We rejoice with our friends who let us know they are cancer free! Thank You for their desire to now show the world your amazing love which they have seen first hand through their battle.
I lift up all cancer patients to you. Please be with them and give them comfort and peace during this battle. They need Your care and attention. Please be with them in this journey and where it’s Your will, bring about healing to their bodies. Please be with their families as well as they join their loved ones on this journey.
I pray for all of the cancer patients who are awaiting test results. Please give them comfort and strength as they await the results. I lift up all of other patients who are having procedures. I pray for Your hand over all of their care and that you will be with the doctors and health professionals whom they are working with. Also, please be with all of their families at this time.
Lord, I pray for all the people who are entering hospice now. Please wrap Your loving arms around all of them and give them comfort in knowing that you love them so much and will take care of all of them.
I also lift up all of the loved ones of our friends who have gone home to you these last few weeks. I pray for all the families who are facing the day without their loved one. Please give them comfort in knowing that they have gone home to You and that the pain and ties of this world no longer bind them. Please allow me to be a source of comfort for them in their battle.
I lift up all these people to you Lord. In your precious name I pray. Amen.
Heavenly Father, I come before you with a solemn heart and in need of your intercession. I pray that the cancer that has come into my life soon fades into a quick remission.
I believe in your capacity for miracles, and ask for this on my behalf. As we grow older, I know we become closer to the day you accept us back into your kingdom. I ask that you delay that holy union if it be your will. In your name I pray,
Great heavenly Father God, thank You for the good health that I have but I have a friend/family member who is battling cancer right now. I am asking You to do the impossible because for You, nothing is too hard. Oh God, Glorify Your Name and let us bring praises to You for healing my friend/family member so that others can hear of Your marvelous works for Your children. I am praying in faith but I am trusting in Your sovereignty and for Your will to be done above what we think is best. Your ways are higher than mine and Your ways are beyond finding out (Rom 11:33) so help me to trust You with the outcome and no matter what, I know You are always in control over all things and not even one radical cancer cell can do anything that You do not first allow and is part of Your divine will. Please heal my friend/family member so that I can praise You before others and further glorify Your name to those who don’t yet know You and in Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
Think, o God, of our friend who is ill, whom we now commend to Your compassionate regard. Comfort him upon his sickbed, and ease his suffering. We beg for deliverance, and submit that no healing is too hard for the Lord, if it be His will. We therefore pray that You bless our friend with Your loving care, renew his strength, and heal what ails him in Your loving name. Thank You, Lord.
Lord, look upon me with eyes of mercy, may your healing hand rest upon me, may your life giving powers flow into every cell of my body and into the depths of my soul, cleansing, purifying, restoring me to wholeness and strength for service in your Kingdom. Amen.
O God who are the only source of health and healing, the Spirit of calm and the central peace of this universe, grant to me such a consciousness of Your indwelling and surrounding presence that I may permit You to give me health and strength and peace, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Lord, Your scripture says that you heal all diseases and whoever believes in You will not perish but have an everlasting life. Strengthen me, Lord, in this time of illness. Sustain him as he lays sick in his bed. When You were on Earth, you did all things good and healed all kinds of sickness. You healed those who had diseases. You died and rose for our sins and that we may have eternal life, Lord. I believe in my heart that You are here with us today and that with Your most holy power will remove all sicknesses and evils that roam the earth. Let it be done in Your glory, Lord. We praise and glorify Your name, Amen.
St. Peregrine, whom Holy Mother Church has declared Patron of those suffering from Cancer, I confidently turn to you for help in my present sickness. I beg your kind intercession. Ask God to relieve me of this sickness, if it be his Holy Will. Plead with the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Mother of Sorrows, whom you loved so tenderly and in union with whom you have suffered the pains of Cancer, that she may help me with her powerful prayers and loving consolation.
But if it should be God’s Holy Will that I bear this sickness, obtain for me courage and strength to accept these trails from the loving hand of God with patience and resignation, because he knows what is best for the salvation of my soul. St. Peregrine, be my friend and patron. Help me to imitate you in accepting suffering, and to unite myself with Jesus Crucified and the Mother of Sorrows, as you did. I offer my pains to God with all the love of my heart, for his glory and the salvation of souls, especially my own. Amen.
Bless, O God,
all who struggle with cancer.
Empower them with hope
for each and every day.
Provide them with loving
and tender care, laughter,
and the support of love.
courage when they are afraid,
comfort when they are in pain,
and your blessing
when all else seems hopeless,
that in their fight with illness
they may continue to praise you
and glorify your name.
Father, for the strength you have given me I thank you.
For the health you have blessed me with, I thank you.
For the women who are going through breast cancer and their families
I ask you to strengthen and to heal as you see fit.
Lord we know you want us to be in good health and to prosper.
Lord use us to do the work you have for us to do.
For we know time is getting short on this earth.
Lord be with every woman who is sick
and encourage them as only you can.
I know how faithful you are.
You have shown yourself to be everything
you say you are in your Holy Word.
I praise you for you made this body
and you can heal this body.
In Jesus Name I pray.
O Most-Pure Mother of God, O Queen of All! Hearken unto our much-afflicted sighing before Thy miraculous Icon, brought to Russia from the land of Athos. Look upon Thy children, suffering from unhealed ailments, who fall down before Thy holy image with faith! As a bird covers its nestlings with its wings, so do Thou now, who art ever present, cover us with Thy greatly healing omophorion. In that place where Hope be.
There where bitter sorrows overcome us, there will Patience and Rest be revealed. Where the torment of despair dwells in the soul, there will shine the ineffable Light of Divinity! Console the fainthearted, strengthen the weak, bestow softening and enlightenment upon embittered hearts. Heal Thine ailing people, O All-merciful Queen! Bless the minds and hands of our physicians, that they might serve as instruments of the All-powerful Physician, Christ our Saviour. We pray before Thine Icon, that Thou mightest truly live with us, O Sovereign Lady! Stretch out Thy hands, filled with healing and cures, O Joy of the sorrowful, Consolation in afflictions, that having speedily received miraculous help, wee may glorify the Life-creating and Undivided Trinity, the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, unto the ages of ages. Amen.
There are many concerns associated with the prospect of receiving chemotherapy. For a woman suffering with Breast Cancer, discussing treatment options with your family and working through the challenges early one is one of the best things you can do for yourself. Check out this video on how to overcome some of the most common concerns you may have.
We pray for all those that are suffering from Cancer and are undertaking chemotherapy “chemo.” the use of medicines or drugs to treat disease, that the Lord will work out His perfect will in your situation and bring about healing. We ask that The Great Physician will heal all those that have undergone surgery and radiation therapy and that the fire of God will destroy all the cancer cells. We speak peace to all the patients and ask the healing virtue of Our Lord God will flow through every vein, tissue, cell, ligament and that healing will manifest. We believe that Gods desire is manifest in your life. His desire is written in 3 John 2 “Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along”. We speak peace to all the families having cancer patients. We speak uncommon provisions to cater for all the expenses needed to take care of the patients. We destroy every generational curses and declare that they will not continue but the blessings of God will overshadow each and every one of you. We are in agreement with Gods word in Jeremiah 30:17 “ But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds declares the LORD.” So be it, in Jesus Name. Amen. Visit this cancer site of mine for more www.prayer-for-cancer.com
If you have found this article because you are searching for support and help, please comment below and I will gladly pray for you! It seems that we all know someone who has cancer or is in remission. Or, maybe even you have gone through the struggle and uncertainties of this disease. While we may never understand why God allows some of us to get cancer, we all can know for certain that God is sovereign and that He loves us through all of the storms in this life. Here are 6 prayers that you can pray if you are hurting from this disease somehow.
I know that You allow all trials to come upon us and I don’t like asking this question to You, but why have You allowed me to get cancer? I love You and I know You have a plan for me. I am so down right now and I need You so badly to comfort me. Please, Lord, I don’t want to leave this world yet! My babies are so young and my wife, I love her so much! Please, Father, show me what You want me to learn from this. I pray that You will heal me 100% from this disease. May Your will be done in this. I love You! Amen
My dad, is he going to make it through this? I am scared, Lord! I don’t know how to deal with life without him here and I am not sure if his faith in You is even real. It saddens me to think he may not be in Heaven when he leaves this earth. Please, Lord, give me Your peace in this crazy time and allow me some time to talk with him about Jesus. I ask that You would heal him, Lord. I love him so much. May Your will be done. I love You! Amen
The doctors say I am getting better! I am so happy and excited! This is all because of You! You are the one who has given my doctors the intelligence and equipment to battle this disease. Father, I pray that You would put my cancer into remission for good! I don’t want any part of it! Father, use this miracle to show this tiny part of earth that You are real! I will praise Your name and tell everyone I can, here, about the saving blood of Your Son! I love You, Father! Amen
It Is Finished
It feels like I’m dying inside. My husband, he’s gone. Lord, I will never understand this. We are so young; he was only 32 and our children are heartbroken. Lord, I am lost. I have no idea how to handle life now. I miss him so much. I miss holding his hand. I miss his laugh and his embrace. I miss seeing him throw our 2 year old up in the air. I miss the giggles of our kids as he tickled their tummies. I can’t do this, Lord! I want him back so badly. Please give me strength for my kids. They need me, but I need a shoulder to cry on too…I’m lost. I wish this was only a bad dream. I just want to wake up from this nightmare! Father, help me! I’m dying inside! Amen
I just got the news about grandma. Lord, I don’t know what Your plan is for her, but I am certain that she will have a room in Your house in Heaven. I don’t know what to pray. I love her. My selfish side wants her to live, but she is very old. Her pain is great, Lord. I pray that You would end her pain, Father, whether it be through healing her or meeting her in Heaven. I pray that Your will be done in this! I love You! Amen
I Will Praise You In This Storm
I am caught in a whirlwind of emotions. I never thought I would get cancer. Satan wants to suck the joy right out of me and right now he has for the moment. I am so discouraged. Lord, I trust in You no matter what happens and I need You to walk with me through this! Lord, I thank You for music and the peace it brings me. “I will praise You in this storm, and I will lift my hands! For You are who You are, no matter where I am! And every tear I’ve cried, You hold in Your hands. You never left my side and though my heart is torn I will praise You in this storm!” (I Will Praise You In This Storm, Casting Crowns) Lord, I give this all to You. I trust in You and I love You! Amen
Cancer affects so many people and we will never know why until we see Jesus face to face in Glory. Please, leave a comment below if you need prayer. I will pray for you in this very dark storm of life. God is good all of the time and no matter the outcome, His glory can be proclaimed. May God bless you as you continue to live a life worthy of the calling!
Related reading: Inspirational Bible Verses for Cancer Patients
Would you like to get the daily question in your FB messenger? Just click the button below to get started.
Share this post
: | | | |
Care Package for a Chemo Patient Since I have been diagnosed, several people I know have also been diagnosed with cancer. And it is sad and scary for everyone involved, trust me. Now, in most cases, everyone has been able to get a clean bill of health after only needing surgeries to remove the offending cancer. They can avoid the entire chemo and radiation journey that I’m on (the joys of getting diagnosed with stage 3 Angry Cancer). I am so happy anytime someone gets a clean bill of health!!! And for those of you that have to follow me down this chemo/radiation journey, I am here for you!
However, this has me thinking, what would I do for you or get you if you had to go through chemo? What would I want you to have? This is really an extension of the question of I get asked a lot: What do you need/want? So, I decided to put together this “care package” of things that would help a chemo patient out, based on what I needed the most.
(1) I would take charge of setting up a care calendar for you. Meals? Groceries? Rides? Transportation for your kids? I might need to ask you for email addresses and what your family likes to eat, but it’ll be set up and ready to go on a moment’s notice. Please don’t cook ever again!
(2) Straws and grown-up sippy cups (you know, those cups you can buy from Starbucks with the lid and straw). Seriously, you need straws, I can’t explain how vital they are. It’s easier to lay in bed and drink if you have lids and straws. And I’ll get you at least 3 of the cups…one for water, one for juice, one for ginger ale…because you will want all 3 at the same time.
(3) A case of bottled water for your car. Chemo makes you SO thirsty. Not kidding, there will come a day when you are headed to the doctor, or to brave the germ-infested masses at the store, and you will be dying of thirst! And then you will think I’m a genius.
(4) A goody bag with the new essentials for your purse/car/bedroom (yes, I really do have 3 sets of of everything): Chapstick, Kleenex, hand sanitizer, and lotion (all unscented, of course).
(5) Fuzzy socks (with grippy feet) and nice soft hats. Again, when you need these, you will think I’m a genius. Note to self (and anyone out there using this as a shopping list): KEEP THE TAG ON THE HAT so that the patient will know where to go to get more if it becomes their new favorite clothing item!
(6) A soft blanket or shawl, perhaps hand-crafted with love. Unfortunately, I am not crafty so I would have to get someone to do it for me. I have received several of these and I love them all! And appreciate the ones that were made during a prayer circle/meeting. You can feel the love.
(7) Biotene makes a line of great mouthwashes, toothpastes, mouth gels, etc. Trust me when I say, you will need it all!
(8) Really good salt…the fancy flavored sea salt kind…and lots of it. And probably some awesome spices. I’ll even throw in a little baking soda with it and tell you how to keep from losing your taste buds like I did.
(9) I will share my meds with you if your doctor doesn’t give you the good stuff. But since you will probably get all kinds of good stuff, I’ll make sure to bring you all the boring over-the-counter stuff they forget to mention that you need to get through it: Tylenol, Claritin, Colase, Senakot, Queasy Pops, a variety of stuff to help you sleep…all kinds of fun.
(10) Trashy magazines. As much as I love to read, sometimes my brain isn’t functioning and I just want to flip through People or Us magazine. And then not worry if I don’t remember reading it.
(11) Restaurant gift cards for you and your family to use. Trust me, even if you don’t care, there will be a day where your family desperately wants to go out to eat.
(12) iTunes gift cards. I don’t know if you have an iPod, iPad, Kindle app, whatever. But you will need mind-numbing games to play, music to listen to, books you can read without carting around a library, audiobooks in case your eyes go to hell like mine did. Thank you Apple.
(13) I will tell you NOT to shave your head before chemo starts. Sure, go ahead and cut it short, but don’t shave it off in dramatic fashion like you see in movies and TV shows. Because if you have hair growing in/stubble when your hair really does start to fall out, your head will hurt. Not any fun.
(14) I will send you cards via snail mail just because. I currently have 4 or 5 people that do this and it is so fun to get these cards. Whether they are sunny, sweet, or funny, it is so nice to receive them. And SO much better than the bills that fill up the mailbox.
(15) I will pay for a subscription to Netflix or Hulu or whatever you want. Trust me, you will become infinitely familiar with the television schedule and you will start to hate every channel.
(16) When you figure out which day(s) is your “bad” day, holler. I will take your kids out of the house (because you might find them to be loud and smelly). Or I’ll come over and take care of you and send your family to my house to hang out. Or I’ll kick everyone out of your house, shut your bedroom door so you can have peace and quiet, and sit downstairs and read a book and wait for you to need something. Whatever you want that day to look like. I didn’t want anyone bothering me because they smelled, but I needed someone in my house to bring me drinks. And I was lucky to have friends and family who took my daughter each weekend so she never really had to know what it looked like when I felt like that. (The teenage boy was often so oblivious that he didn’t even notice mom hadn’t come out of the bedroom for days).
(17) Every now and then I will ask you what you need. And please, speaking from personal experience, TELL ME. Do you need groceries? Your bathrooms cleaned? A massage (god, not from me, but I’ll take up a collection and make sure you get one)? Soup? Ginger Ale? To go for a walk? To get out of the house? Go to a movie? Talk about how crappy life is? Not talk about how crappy life is? Bring. It. On.
This is just some things that I found I needed…and was lucky enough to have people taking care of me. Happy to pay it forward.