HEAVENLY FATHER, we come before You in total surrender to Your Will because we are weary of the addictions we face. We do not mean to fail You, Merciful Father, but too often we give in to the temptations of the enemy as he entangle us and weigh us down.
Help us, Lord, to exercise self-discipline so we will not be defeated anymore. We will continue to believe that Your love and GRACE will never fail us and Your mercies will endure forever.
Titus 2:11-14 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.
We are healed through Jesus
As we struggle in our various addictions, whether it be in the form of alcohol, drugs, or any other type, we know that we have already been healed by Jesus. Help us to believe and place our complete trust in Him.
We claim freedom and healing as we cling to You, Lord Jesus. We declare that these addictions will not destroy our families or cause further suffering. You are our Comforter and Rock in these difficult times.
Romans 13:14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.
1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.
DELIVERANCE from the control of all addictions!
We look to You, Jesus because we cannot free ourselves from dealing with and overcoming addictions in our own strength. Because of You, Abba Father, we can build a strong foundation on which to stand.
We declare DELIVERANCE from the control of all addictions! In Jesus’ mighty name, we claim our victory, Amen!
See also Prayer For Freedom From Sin
James 4:7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
Romans 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
We speak victory into our lives today. The enemy is defeated as we stand firm on solid ground Click To Tweet
by K (Tx)
Lord, I pray for forgiveness in all my grevious faults and in what I have done and what I have failed to do.
Lord, I ask that you reach out and touch his heart, mind, and soul, to heal him with with your mighty Love,
to touch his heart, body and soul.
Lord, watch over him as he goes to work and moves from my life, bless and keep him throughout his days. Give him peace of mind and in this affliction of his Addiction to Alcohol.
Lord, I implore you to reach out with your mighty love and and through your most Sacred Heart, to wash him of all inquities, and bless and comfort him, bring him to your love and light.
Lord, please, I ask through your Most Holy Blessed Mother to intercede, and St. Michael the Archangel to defend him in this battle, and all the Angels and Saints to watch over him.
Pray that I too, can find comfort as he leaves my home today, bless him Lord and guide him as he goes from my home and away from me,,,,,,,,,,,,,Bring him to your light, please heal him, I pray of you.
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, Amen.
Return to Prayers for Healing
Prayers for overcoming addiction are scriptural based prayers designed to break the backbone of any addiction. If you are addicted to drugs, alcohol, cigarette, sex, gambling or something else and you are looking for a way out or maybe you are just searching for prayers to pray for a loved one who is addicted to one thing or the other, here is a list of prayers that you can pray while trusting in God to bring total deliverance.
Spiritually speaking, most of the things we call addictions today are actually the manifestation of demonic spirit of self-destruction. The demons of addiction enter into someone’s life because the person invited them in the name of pleasure. Perhaps that is the reason why it is usually difficult for the addicted to get out of their addiction. Whatever may be the situation, the name of Jesus is here to set you or your loved ones free.
Scripture Reading: Romans 7:22-25, Mark 5:2-15
Praise, Worship and Thanksgiving
Start by singing songs of praise unto the Lord if you know how to sing, if not go ahead and give thanks unto the Lord who is worthy to receive all glory and honour.
- Heavenly Father, I thank you for keeping me alive to this day.
- I thank you almighty God for what you are set to do as I pray about this addiction
- I thank you Jesus for your mercies and faithfulness.
- Everlasting father, I give you praise and honour.
Prayer against Addiction
- Almighty God, I come before you today, please forgive me of every sin of drug addiction, sex addiction, e.t.c, that I have committed against my body (1Corinthians 6:18, 1John 1:9) and against you in the name of Jesus.
- Everlasting father I surrender my life to you, please take total and absolute control of my life as from today in the name of Jesus.
- Father my body, soul and spirit I commit into your hand, please cleanse me with the blood of Jesus in the name of Jesus (1John 1:7).
- It is written, “call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee and thou shall glorify me” (Psalm 50:15). Father, deliver me from evil spirit of addiction to (name your addiction e.g. alcohol) that I have invited to my life in the name of Jesus.
- I renounce and reject every spirit of addiction to (name your addiction e.g. drug). Heavenly father uproot all form of addiction to (name your addiction e.g. drug) from my life in the name of Jesus (Matthew 15:13).
- Father, remove from me the heart of stone that is panting after (name your addiction e.g. drug) in the name of Jesus (Ezekiel 36:26).
- Father, create in me a new heart and a new spirit that will be addicted to nothing but the word of God in the name of Jesus (Ezekiel 36:26-27)
- Heavenly father, please fill me with the fullness of the Holy Spirit in the name of Jesus (Luke 11:13).
- Lord, as I make conscious effort to do without e.g. cigarette, please release to me the supernatural power to hate cigarette and never indulge in it again in the name of Jesus.
- Lord of Host, please deliver me from every spirit of self-destruction that pretend to be addiction in the name of Jesus.
- Heavenly Father, you have created me for your glory (Isaiah 43:7), please help me so that I can be use for your glory on this earth in the name of Jesus.
- Please note that the first step towards overcoming addiction is to let Christ dwell in you. The scripture says, in 2Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new”. Without Jesus Christ in your life, you may not be able to overcome that addiction. Here is an opportunity for you to surrender your life to Christ. Please say this short prayer of salvation so that Jesus Christ can begin to live in you.
- I recommend that these prayers be prayed loudly, fervently and consistently until there is a significant change in the life of the addict.
Thanks for reading.
Image by: freedigitalphotos.net
Lord I am seeking you, my tears are flowing, my heart is broken and my burden is deep. Addictions has rose up and claimed the life of one and on the heels of the other. Addiction not only destroys the user it seeks to divide and destroy the family as a whole, the community and the church. Lord, I come to you today on bended knees, pleading, Oh God that you would hear me, closer I come till I lay flat on ground, humbled in your presence. Oh… how I love you Jesus. In your word Matthew 18:18, it says “Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.” Praying in faith I am standing for those who are bound by addiction. Praying protection over my church, family and friends and also praying Psalms 91, pleading your precious blood, the blood of Jesus, to cover all and protect and keep all under the shelter of your wings, and to lead us all to the victory we know is already ours. In the bible it says in your word “Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might. Put on the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.” (Ephesians 6:10-11).“Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit…” I apply your word to all the ones I know and the lost we pray for in Jesus name.
Jesus, I ask the Holy Spirit to stand in the gap, and to fight with the word of God for my for my brothers and sisters, friends, family and the lost, fight for them with a vengeance, break down the stronghold that has bound your children to addiction for way too long. Let your sword slice the chains, let your voice pull out the demons that stand in the stronghold. Let it be your sword that destroys the wickedness of bondage to addictions, and let it be your voice who rebukes the evil one when he shows his ugly head with his demons and bound them up and remove their ability to ever affect your children and the lost with their devices and lures of addictions ever again. Deliver them Oh Lord. Your word in Ephesians 6:12, states and ” For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” I am calling on you God because I am not foolish enough to think I could wage this war on my own and win. I call on the most high, my Lord and Savior, who I know will win, who I thank in advance for hearing me and fighting for your children. Hear my cry Lord, as I yell with a war cry, that will resound from coast to coast, that every child who is in addiction be set free. Will be your child sealed in the kingdom of God, and feel your Holy presence, and know a miracle has been worked in their life, who when they seek salvation will bring glory to the most high, My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. In Jesus name I pray. Amen
Hello, I love Jesus, and when inspired , I am lead to write, I hope the writings bless you!