10 Things to Pray for Addiction Recovery
Posted on 28 October 2011. Tags: addiction, adversity, guide, hope, intercession, resource
Addictions can be very debilitating for the person and their family. This post on addiction recovery prayers is geared to give some traction in gaining help from God. The greatest thing people afflicted with addiction need is hope—hope life can be different and life can be better.
This prayer list is written for those in addiction to pray over themselves, but it can just as easily be tweaked so friends and family can support their loved ones in addiction through their prayers.
The prayers are written as statements. Speaking them over yourself brings you into agreement with how God sees you which will lead to a transformation of the mind. Pray knowing that this is God’s will and He will answer your prayers.
10 Things to Pray for Addiction Recovery
- I am forgiven and protected by God. I choose to release all those that have hurt me and bless them that I may pursue life. (more)
- My mistakes don’t define me, but are transformed by the grace of God. Therefore I release shame off of me and receive love from God and others.
- People who know the real me will never reject me because God says I am too awesome to reject.
- I have not missed God’s best for me, so I eagerly look to God for His vision of my future.
- As I reveal what’s going on inside of me, I will know true friendships and I will like myself more. Hiding leads to bondage.
- As I look to God, He will lead me into right choices and give me the strength and protection as I hold to those decisions. Every small decision will either strengthen or weaken my ability to stay in freedom; therefore I will also trust God with them.
- God loves me for who I am, and His love touches everything I experience. I will look for His love to me throughout my day.
- God will lead me to people who I can trust to believe in me. People who I can enjoy and they can enjoy me.
- Nothing can separate me from God’s love and His grace is always available for me to access.
- I can hear God’s voice because He wants to speak to me.
find out more prayer-coach.com/addiction
Additional Affirmation for Recovery
|This is a great prayer Kevin. If I was to add anything it would be that God always gives us a way out of anything,(exit ramp)& to pray that He REVEALS it to us.
- God always provides a way out of any temptation, and I will expectantly look for and walk through those doors so that I will not fall.
Catholic Prayer For Addiction Recovery – Addiction is not only a sin, but it is also very hard to recovery from. The addictions have different roots. They might be the result of a person trying to escape the reality. Which seems too cruel for him. Others are “inspired” by demons to get addicted.
A human being can be addicted to anything. But the most common addictions are those to alcohol, drugs and pills. They help people to avoid dealing with their problems. Therefore, they are the addicted person’s escape from reality. But this Catholic Prayer For Addiction Recovery can help them to find God’s path to healing. This prayer will help them to heal and see the blessings of God in their lives.
Catholic Prayer For Addiction Recovery
“Dear Lord, give your strength to (Name),
Show him Your healing power that will lead him to recovery.
Dear God of mercy, show him that life is full of joy and happiness,
Let him feel your unconditional love and caring.
Oh Lord, show compassion to (Name),
Help him recover his broken relationships with his family and friends.
Give him the strength to realize that he sinned and he needs Your forgiveness.
Dear Lord, give strength to his loved ones, family and friends,
Help them to have the power to guide (Name) through the detox period,
Allow them the strength to support him and show him their love.
Oh Lord, show (Name) your Holy Path, let him come to You anytime he feels down or lost,
Guide him through this difficult situation and show him the way to healing,
Bring him courage to find his way in life and to follow the footsteps of Jesus Christ.”
This beautiful Catholic Prayer For Addiction Recovery will bring healing and love into the life of the person you care for. Therefore, say this prayer as often as you can. But you don’t have to say this exact prayer. Because a prayer is a conversation with God. Make your own conversation with Him. You know better what the addicted person needs. Ask for God’s mercy and healing power to help you loved one.