by Sharrida (New York)
Heavenly father I pray that you cast away the spirit of my enemies who are against me and those close to me. Let your light shine upon myself and my loved ones affected by it. Please guide everyone involved in this matter and create in all of us a clean heart. Help us to forgive our enemies for they know not what they do. Allow a peace of mind to rest upon us in all of our days.
Please reveal their identity and stop their wicked ways towards us. For this battle is not ours to fight, help us to trust in you and to be still, for we know you are Lord, You are good all the time, and all the time You are good. Send your angels of protection down upon me and those I love and care for.
Please work in the midst of this for I am growing weary, without you there would be no victory. Please hear me Lord God, in Jesus name I pray, Amen.
Return to 7 Daily Prayers to Get You Through The Week
One of the most important and often over-looked prayers available to the Christian is a Prayer for Protection. Different situations happen in our lives, so you can say a short prayer for protection against evil, harm or prayer for protection from enemies you face in your life. What is this type of prayer? Why is it over-looked? And should you add this prayer to your daily disciplines? These are the questions this article seeks to answer.
If you feel an instinct or small voice inside telling you to pray… then stop what you are doing and pray.
Here are some simple and short prayers of protection against evil, harm, enemies you can use in your daily life.
- Short Prayer for Protection
- Prayer for protection from enemies
- Prayer for Protection from Evil
- Short Travel Mercy Prayer
- Short Medical Protection Prayer
- Protection from Natural Disasters Prayer
These are designed to get you started, as you grow spiritually you will begin praying regularly and it will become like second nature.
Prayer for Protection
The Light of God – surround us.
The Love of God – enfold us.The Power of God – protect us.The Presence of God – watch over us.The Mind of God – guide us.The Law of God – direct us.Wherever we are – God, be our strength and harbor.
Prayer for protection from enemies
God, hear my voice. Lord, listen to my prayer.
Save me from my enemies and their evil ways.Help me to recognize their bad intentions.Do not let the false and hurting words of them touch me.Protect me from devastating enemies actions.Please don‘t let evil to destroy and triumph over my life. God, I can rely only on you this hard hour and only you can save me. I believe and trust you, please listen to my prayer. Amen.
Prayer for Protection from Evil
Heavenly Father I pray that You would protect me and my family from all the evils and from those that would seek to harm us. Uphold us and keep us safe from all the evils that encircle our lives. Put Your hedge of protection and safety around us we pray, and place a guard at our doors and protects us from all that pass by our gate. And Father, keep our hearts from fear but rather fill us to overflowing with Your peace that passes all understanding. Thank You that You are indeed our refuge and strength. You are that ever present Help in time of trouble. In Your strength we will not fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the middle of the sea. Stay with us wherever we go. In Jesus name, Amen.
Short Travel Mercy Prayer
Heavenly Father, please give protection to my Christian brother and sister as they make a long road journey this week. Help them arrive safely at their destination and protect the other drivers along the way. Lord, they have much work to do here, building your Kingdom. Please bring them home safe and sound, in Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.
Short Medical Protection Prayer
Father in Heaven, tomorrow I must go to the doctor to get some test results. Father you know the outcome before it happens and you are in control of all things. I pray, if it is your will, those results will come back negative and I will receive a clean bill of health. Please protect my health, so I can continue here on Earth. I say this prayer in the name of my King of Kings, Jesus Christ. Amen.
Protection from Natural Disasters Prayer
My Father, My God and My Lord. A storm approaches, we have been told and warned of it, but still we are unprepared. Please protect us and protect our friends and neighbours and anyone in the path of the storm. Father you can calm any storm with but a word, and if it is your will I ask that you do so, but if we find ourselves in the middle of the storm, I know you will be with us always. May your name be glorified in all things. I love you and thank you. Amen.
Why We Need Prayer for Protection?
A short prayer for protection can be used in many circumstances for protection against evil, harm, enemies, for travel mercies, natural disasters, health and medical situations, child births, and spiritual warfare just to name a few. They can also take the form of physical protection as well as emotional and spiritual.
At the start I mentioned that a prayer of protection is often over-looked by Christians, especially newborn Christians who are just beginning to explore their faith. So if this describes you, let me first share how much God loves you and wants a very close relationship with you.
A prayer of protection can be used for yourself or others
Obviously being the God that stitched you together in your Mother’s womb (Psalm 139:13). He knows you far better than anyone, but He wants more than a just physical knowledge of your existence. He wants you to freely share all of your life with Him, He wants you to ask him for your hearts desires, to share your needs and concerns with Him, to rely and trust in Him for all things. “But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.” (2 Thessalonians 3:3)
A short prayer of protection can be used for yourself or others, often people pray for family and friends when they travel long distances, have medical conditions, are involved in an accident, natural disaster or other tragedy. You can (and should) even pray for your country, it’s military and their leaders for protection.
Always remember, use a short prayer for protection at any time, and if you feel an instinct or small voice inside telling you to pray… then stop what you are doing and pray. The Holy Spirit of God exists within you to guide you and help in times of trouble. Listen to the spirit and pray. Never stop praying.
Also read: GOD HELP ME! Dealing with Hopeless Situations
We’re in a battle in this world. We may not see it, we might forget it’s there. But the enemy would love nothing more than to start our year off with discouragement and defeat, bringing fear and stress. Don’t let him win.
If you’re a believer who is living like salt and light in a dark world, you won’t go for long without encountering spiritual warfare – obstacles and attacks he’ll hurl your direction. God reminds us in His word to stay aware of Satan’s schemes, to live alert in this world, and to stay close to Him.
He arms us with the sword, the Word of God, to stand against the enemy’s lies. He equips us with strength, wisdom, and discernment through His own Spirit to stay strong in the spiritual warfare battle. He invites us to spend time in His Presence, through prayer and worship, pressing in to know Him more.
As we grow to know God’s Truth and what is real, we also know more what is false, and we are stronger to stand against it in the powerful name of Jesus. He never leaves us to fend for ourselves in a dark world, but reminds us He is constantly with us, fighting for us, even when we cannot see.
Praying God’s words back to Him, is a powerful weapon against the forces of evil. It is Truth going out. It reminds us that God knows our way and understands what we face today. It builds our faith and our trust in God. It guards our hearts and focuses our minds back on Him. It wins the battle.
Prayer + God’s Word = Power
31 Spiritual Warfare Scriptures to Read, Pray, and Memorize:
1. “Submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” James 4:7
2. “You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.” 1 John 4:4
3. “For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” 2 Cor. 10:3-5
4. “Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith.” 1 Pet. 5:8-9
5. “No weapon that is formed against you will prosper; and every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their vindication is from Me,” declares the Lord.” Is. 54:17
6. “Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.” Eph. 6:11-17
7. “In all these things, we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.” Rom. 8:37
8. “But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” 1 Cor. 15:57
9. “Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the Lord of hosts.” Zech. 4:6
10. “But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.” 2 Thess. 3:3
11. “Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.” Luke 10:19
12. “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.” John 10:10
13. “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.” Matt. 18:18-19
14. “The Lord will cause your enemies who rise against you to be defeated before you. They shall come out against you one way and flee before you seven ways.” Deut. 28:7
15. “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
16. “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.” 1 Cor. 10:13
17. “And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:32
18. “Do not be overcome with evil, but overcome evil with good.” Rom. 12:21
19. “And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death.” Rev.12:11
20. “Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.” 1 Tim. 6:12
21. “,,,On this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.” Matt. 16:18
22. “…the reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work.” 1 John 3:8
23. “But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.” Is. 40:31
24. “One of your men puts to flight a thousand, for the Lord your God is He who fights for you, just as He promised you.” Josh. 23:10
25. “Do not fear them, for the Lord your God is the one fighting for you.” Deut. 3:22
26. “What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?” Rom. 8:31
27. “Through You we will push back our adversaries, through Your name we will trample down those who rise up against us.” Ps. 44:5
28. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Josh. 1:9
29. “For You have girded me with strength for battle; You have subdued under me those who rose up against me.” Ps. 18:39
30. “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust. Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart…” Ps. 91:1-4
31. “This is what the Lord says to you: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s.” 2 Chron. 20:15
When we belong to Christ, the enemy never has the final word over our lives. We are secure in God’s hands.
Press on – courageous and free – never held back by fear or defeat. The battle belongs to the Lord, and He has the final victory…
Debbie McDaniel is a writer, pastor’s wife, mom to three amazing kids (and a lot of pets). Join her each morning on Fresh Day Ahead’s facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/DebbieWebbMcDaniel, for daily encouragement in living strong, free, hope-filled lives. Find her also at and