I’ve studied spiritual warfare for more than twenty years, and I’m continually reminded of how the enemy attacks Christian marriages. From the Garden of Eden (Genesis 3), he has sought to lure individuals and couples into his traps. He wants to weaken or destroy marriages, and he delights when children are wounded in the process. Without suggesting a “the devil made me do it” philosophy, I list here some of the enemy’s primary tools I’ve seen over the years.
- Neglect – The same couple that spent all their dating time together grows apart after the wedding day. The neglect is usually subtle, though – which is the way the enemy often works.
- Sin – We can’t get around this one. Regardless of what the sin is, disobedience that weakens one’s relationship with God also weakens our relationship with our spouse.
- Blame – That’s what Adam did in the Garden, and what we often do. When it’s not my fault, I don’t have to worry about changing. My spouse does.
- Selfishness – Too often, couples commit themselves to one another until “death does us part” during the wedding ceremony, but then live as if the other doesn’t exist.
- Secrets – Anytime we’re hiding anything – especially from our spouse – the enemy’s winning in some way. Honesty breaks the enemy’s strongholds.
- Anger – Many of us have lived this experience. Uncontrolled, unleashed anger can destroy the bond between husband and wife.
- Prayerlessness – A couple that does not pray together misses an opportunity to strengthen their marriage. In fact, their prayerlessness says they can handle marriage without God’s help.
- Pornography – Increasingly, both males and females struggle with this sin that reduces human beings to an image and implies that our spouses aren’t good enough for us.
- Financial fights – That happens especially when we live for wealth and security, most often doing so at the expense of spending quality and quantity time with our spouse.
- Offspring trouble – From Genesis 4 (Cain’s killing Abel), the enemy has attacked our children. Too often, their struggles result in conflict between mom and dad.
- Adultery – As Satan often does, he magnifies the temporary pleasure of sin over the devastating long-term effects of crossing that line. Families then pay the price for our bad choices.
- Divorce – Even with the exception clauses of Matthew 19, we cannot conclude that God ever delights in divorce. The enemy does.
Join me today in praying God’s protection around our marriages.
Post Views: 15,968
One major area that is affecting many people without knowing is the issue of spirit husband and wife.
Is it possible for someone to be under the attack of a spirit husband/wife without knowing? Yes!
Then, what are the signs that one is under the yoke of a spirit husband or wife? Read below:
- Stretch marks: Spirit husband and wife can be inflicting injuries on the body of their victim while sleeping. So, when you notice that whenever you wake up from sleep in the morning, there are lots of stretch marks on your back, tummy, arm or any other part of your body, you may be under the attack of a spirit husband.
- Hatred towards your spouse: When you suddenly develop hatred towards your spouse without a cause to the point of nursing murderous thought towards him or her. Such hatred will make you hate his/her touching and you also hate having sexual intercourse with your spouse, it may be a sign that you are under the influence of a spirit spouse. 15 SIGNS THAT YOU ARE UNDER THE ATTACK OF A SPIRIT HUSBAND AND WIFE
- Hatred Towards Opposite Sex: Another sign of being under the attack of a spirit husband/wife is that when you have an aversion towards the opposite, not that you have been molested at any stage of your life by people of the opposite sex and yet you don’t want to have anything to do with them. This is not normal, the spirit spouse may be at work here. 15 SIGNS THAT YOU ARE UNDER THE ATTACK OF A SPIRIT HUSBAND AND WIFE
- Constant destruction of things: Spirit husband/Wife can be so jealous of the physical spouse thereby causing damage on the things like car, generator, phones and other gadgets owned by the earthly spouse. This case is so mysterious that if those items are sold or given out to some else, it will function well. Many at times, it is the fellow who married a spouse with a spirit husband/wife is the one that bears the burden more.
- Spiritual Sexual Molestation: When you dream of constant Sexual Intercourse while sleeping, it is a major sign that you are under the attack of a spirit spouse. If you usually have sex in the dream, you need to seek for spiritual help through deliverance. 15 SIGNS THAT YOU ARE UNDER THE ATTACK OF A SPIRIT HUSBAND AND WIFE
- Experiencing Lost Of Items: Another common sign of a life under spirit husband/wife is when you keep on experiencing loss of money and valuable items. Even if you are the only one living in a house and you discovered that you can’t find your money where you kept it, and your belongings are getting missing, you need serious prayer to be free.
Also read this How To Be Free From Spirit Husband/Wife (Incubus and Succubus)
- Constant Miscarriages/Barrenness: The wickedness in the heart of the spirit husband who doesn’t want his ‘wife’ to have earthly children can make him suck the pregnancy whenever the wife is pregnant. Cases like this are beyond medical attention and if not arrested early enough, it may lead to barrenness.
- Sudden Death of A Spouse: The hostility and jealous lifestyle of a spirit spouse can make him kill the earthly spouse. Some people have been having this issue that whosoever married them will die suddenly without prior sickness or health issues without knowing that it could be a spirit spouse at work.
- Failed Business/Financial problem: When you noticed your business keep failing and you keep recording losses in all your business attempts even when you obey all business principles. Yet, you can’t explain how the whole investment crumbles. Some can be so worse that even if they join a thriving business, the business it will nosedive at their inclusion. This is a punishment from a spirit spouse meted out to you for marrying his spouse.
- Breast Feeding In The Dream: If you have been dreaming that you are nursing a baby in the dream, it may be a sign that you are already married in the spirit world. The spirit husband may prevent you from having earthly Children or killed your earthly Children.
- Serial Broken Relationships: Broken relationship should not be a regular occurrence in life. Once you noticed that people you love keep walking out of your life without any quarrel or misunderstanding, then there is more to it than ordinary. The spirit spouse may be responsible for chasing potential suitor from you.
- Going For Shopping With An Opposite Sex In The Dream: If in your dream, you keep seeing yourself going for shopping with an opposite sex, it may be a pointer to you having a spirit spouse.
- Seeing Yourself Pregnant In The Dream: If you constantly see yourself in the dream with pregnancy, this may be that you are about to give birth to a spiritual baby especially if you are yet to have a Child in real life or you are not even married. Also read this Important Facts You Need To Know About Spirit Husband And Spirit Wife 15 SIGNS THAT YOU ARE UNDER THE ATTACK OF A SPIRIT HUSBAND AND AWIFE
- Getting Married In The Dream: One sign that is common to people under the attack of spirit spouse is to have a dream regularly that they are getting wedded. Most times, dreams like this prevent many singles of marriageable age from being married physically.
- Late Marriage: If you noticed that you are non-challant about wedding or marriage. Even, all your friends are getting married, you are not perturbed. You don’t just have the urge to quit singlehood, you may be under the yoke of a spirit spouse. This spirit will keep all potential spouse from you until you experience a late marriage or no marriage at all. 15 SIGNS THAT YOU ARE UNDER THE ATTACK OF A SPIRIT HUSBAND AND WIFE
“Mommy, I’m hearing voices,” my youngest daughter told us when we lived overseas. “They’re telling me to do bad things like kick my brother and disobey you. They’re waking me up at night and scaring me.”
We’d recognized her belligerence, but we chalked it up to culture shock and navigating a foreign school system. My husband, Patrick, had been under spiritual attack since the moment we moved to France, so in some ways we weren’t surprised. But we didn’t expect voices.
So we prayed for our daughter. She was the only one in our family who didn’t yet know Jesus. We told her about Him again, how He’s bigger than those voices, but she wasn’t ready to surrender to Him. Though you may not face such an overt attack on your family, the truth is that spiritual warfare exists. We have a very real enemy, Satan, who wants nothing more than to destroy our lives, our thoughts, our walks with Jesus (John 10:10). He, along with his hoard of demons, roams the earth, seeking ways to wreak havoc on God’s kingdom (1 Peter 5:8). Unfortunately, we tend to live in two extremes: as though Satan doesn’t exist or as though he’s bigger than God. Neither is correct. Satan does exist. He’s a created being who used to experience the paradise of God. For one defining moment, he averted his eyes from God’s glory and rejoiced in his own (Ezekiel 28:12-15). In that, he rebelled, deceiving a third of the angels in heaven (Revelation 12:4). And he’s waged war ever since. God sent His Son for a specific purpose. Consider: “The one who commits sin is of the Devil, for the Devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God was revealed for this purpose: to destroy the Devil’s works” (1 John 3:8). And destroy, He did. Every encounter Jesus had with demons ended in a victory for God. And on the cross, He dealt the final blow – Jesus died for the very sin Satan incited in the Garden of Eden. With that as a backdrop, we don’t need to fear. We serve a conquering, powerful God who has destroyed Satan’s work. Because of the cross and the amazing resurrection, we have power to defeat the enemy’s ploys.
But how? What are some practical things we can do right now when we feel attacked?
Our first response to spiritual attack shouldn’t be panic, but prayer. In our own strength, we can’t fight. But when we ask God for help and seek His power, then we experience victory. After our daughter heard voices, Patrick and I prayed – for her, with her, about her. We sent a mass email to our prayer team, asking them to intercede for our daughter. During the middle of this ordeal, Patrick and I had to leave to go to a leadership summit. Two moms and a daughter from our church in Texas graciously came to watch our children. We let them know what was going on with our youngest, and they also prayed for her.
Speak and believe truth
Jesus personifies truth. “I am the truth,” He said (John 14:6). But Satan is a big, fat liar. Jesus said this about him: “He was a murderer from the beginning and has not stood in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he tells a lie, he speaks from his own nature, because he is a liar and the father of liars” (John 8:44). Satan’s native tongue is deceit. So one of the best ways to combat his untruth is to surround ourselves, our families, and our minds with truth.
Patrick and I shared the truth about Jesus with our daughter. Others did, too. And we reminded ourselves that our battle wasn’t against her behavior, but against the evil forces in the world. Paul reminds us, “For our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the world powers of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens” (Ephesians 6:12). When our daughter struggled, we assured her that Jesus would defeat those voices if she gave her heart to Him.
Choose not to fear
The natural reaction to a spiritual attack is first fear, then worry. If we stay in that place of panic, we forget to do the first two actions: pray and speak the truth. And if we camp in fear’s tent, we shrink back from the joy and power Jesus wants to give us in the midst of the battle. Ultimately, this comes down to a question of God’s bigness. Do we believe God is bigger than our worry? Than Satan’s attack? Than the fears that keep us up at night? We have a choice to give into fearful thinking or surrender it to God. Of course, we initially feared and freaked out a bit when our daughter confessed her battle to us. It took moxie to choose to lay that fear at Jesus’ feet. A VeggieTales song has it right: God is bigger than the boogey man. If you’re facing a battle where fear rages, consider this exercise in relinquishment:
Jesus, I’m afraid. Please help me to hand my fear over to You. Give me Your perspective in this situation. Forgive me for running first to fear and not to You. Please rescue us from this situation. Enlarge my faith. I choose to rest my fear in Your capable arms, and I promise, with the strength You provide, not to snatch it back.
Let go of control
When we encounter a spiritual battle, we tend to want to make everything right in our own strength. We want the battle to stop, so we try to fix the situation or make a person behave a certain way. Unfortunately, we can’t control others. We can’t micromanage difficult situations. We can’t orchestrate outcomes. We are not God.
And that’s the crux. God is bigger than the situation. He’s the Sovereign One who runs the universe without our help. The fact that we sleep every night, and the world keeps running sans us, testifies to this.
When our daughter heard voices, we realized how little control we had. We couldn’t make her become a Christian, though we shared Jesus with her. Patrick and I had to entrust her to Jesus, knowing that He loves her more than we do, and He was quite aware of the situation. Giving up control isn’t something that comes naturally to us, but it was the only thing we could do to find peace.
Watch God work
God is always at work, something author Henry Blackaby reminds us in his book Experiencing God. The amazing thing about God is that He’s creative and doesn’t always achieve His ends in ways we would anticipate. His ways are mysterious. If we live in light of this, we’ll live with holy expectation of the adventure He will bring. We must have faith enough to believe in God’s unpredictable creativity.
When Patrick and I left our children and attended the leadership summit, we received a phone call from our daughter. She left this message: “Daddy, Mommy, I just wanted to let you know that I became a Christian.”
At home, we heard the story. The 12-year-old daughter of one of the moms shared the gospel again with our daughter and asked if she wanted to follow Jesus. This time, our daughter did. Still worried about those voices when I later talked to her, I asked, “Are you still hearing those voices?”
“No, I’m hearing one voice, and He’s telling me to make wise choices,” she replied.
I sighed in relief. “That’s the Holy Spirit,” I told her, marveling at the way God worked. He brought a preteen halfway around the world to France to share Jesus with my daughter, who had been tormented by evil voices. And He delivered her without Patrick and me being there. Spiritual warfare exists. Just look around this crazy world for evidence. But we don’t need to fret and wring our hands, even if it’s our loved ones in the middle of the mire. Remember, we can pray. Remind ourselves of the truth. Refuse to let fear have its way. Relinquish control and rest in God’s creative work. Our daughter gave me permission to share her story. By God’s grace, she doesn’t remember hearing those voices. But she does remember her baptism – which her daddy had the privilege of performing in the Mediterranean Sea.
Who God Is
If Satan can get you to believe God is punishing, demanding, harsh, and altogether an abusive grump, he wins. Sure, you still believe statements that God is love, that He created everything, and that He sent His Son to die because of His love for us. But when hard times come, do you see Him as sad for your pain in the struggle, tenderly holding you in His arms, weeping with you as He wept for Lazarus’ siblings, red up over the poison sin leaks over the world? Or do you see Him as a distant observer, telling you that this horrible ordeal is making you more Christlike, so toughen up?
You may have the right theology in your head (God is good and loving), but your heart may dread His notice in your life. If so, ood your mind and heart with truth:
“Therefore the LORD is waiting to show you mercy, and is rising up to show you compassion.” – Isaiah 30:18
“He protects His ock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them in the fold of His garment. He gently leads those that are nursing.” – Isaiah 40:11
“So he got up and went to his father. But while the son was still a long way off, his father saw him and was lled with compassion. He ran, threw his arms around his neck, and kissed him.” – Luke 15:20
“The LORD is good to everyone; His compassion rests on all He has made.” – Psalm 145:9
By Benjamin Njoku
Following the lingering marital crisis involving popular singer, Tiwa Savage and her husband, Tunji Balogun, a.k.a TeeBillz, the lover boy “old school” singer-turned- pastor, Felix Aigbe Libarty has called out the couple to save themselves and the Nigerian music industry from further embarrassment by resolving their differences amicably.
*Tiwa and TeeBillz
Specifically, the “Ifeoma and 419” crooner, begged Tiwa Savage to return to her husband quietly despite the emotional pains she’s going through at the moment.
He said, TeeBillz is under serious attack from the pit of hell, and as such, Tiwa should not allow the devil to use her husband to destroy her future.
Speaking further, he said, “It’s one thing to be famous and it’s another to know how to manage fame. I want her (Tiwa Savage) to go back to her husband immediately because there is no divorce spiritually except when the man is no more. I want her to know that if God wants to announce any woman that is matured, He will always match her with a man. In this case, that is what God has done for her.”
“I want Tiwa Savage to begin to understand that whatever is happening to her now is an attack from the pit of hell. Her husband is in deep trouble. I am sure that his pastor has not been able to tell him that he’s under attack. The devil may not attack you directly, it will attack your partner. Spiritually, as I am seeing it, her husband (TeeBillz) is under attack.
Every behaviour her husband is exhibiting now is manipulated. The Bible says, you have to be there for your husband, and your husband will be there for you. Whatever that is going on now, remains the fact that your husband is being manipulated by spiritual forces that doesn’t want you to grow. And by the time you walk out of your marriage, you are giving the devil the opportunity to destroy your life completely” he counselled