Goal: Students will understand what Jesus taught regarding prayer in His Sermon on the Mount.
Before Your Meeting:
- Before your meeting, gather a white board and dry erase markers or flip chart w/bold pens. You will be making a Top 10 List on the chart. You may want to pre-write Reason #1, Reason #2, Reason #3, and so on, allowing space for you to write in student ideas.
- Create “Small Group Question Cards” (see sample below). Each student will need a question card and a pencil during Small Group.
- Make copies of Matthew 6:1-13 in two versions (printed below).
SMALL GROUP Q-CARD
Opening Statement:Tonight we’re going to talk a little bit about prayer. Christians often mention prayer or praying. You see people do it at church; some people pray at home; sometimes you even see people pray in restaurants. Prayer can be confusing. Even people who follow Jesus and are committed to obeying God struggle with the subject of prayer. I’m interested to know what students think about prayer and what struggles they may have with the topic of praying.
Just for fun, let’s create our own “Top 10” list including the Top 10 reasons people might struggle with prayer. Think about it for a minute, what makes prayer difficult? Or, why might someone NOT want to pray? I’ll get us started:
(Write on white board or flip chart)
Reason #1 It’s hard to talk to someone who is invisible.
What else? What can make prayer a struggle?
Allow students silent thinking time, 10-15 seconds. If more than one student answers at a time just say, “Hold that idea, I’ll be right back to you…” and then return to students as you complete the Top 10 Chart. Don’t look to adult leaders for answers until you have at least seven student answers, this allows students the time to really think and perhaps dig a little deeper in their own opinions as they consider the topic of prayer.
HINT: You may re-ask the question occasionally to keep students on topic. Simply re-phrase: “What makes prayer hard?” or “Why don’t some people pray?” or “When is it difficult to pray?” or “How do people know what to pray?” You may include a few of your own answers. Be honest, setting an example for students which allows them the freedom and safety of being transparent or vulnerable.
When your list is complete, or even if you only get FIVE answers, wrap up the Top 10 List by saying something like this…
Introduction to Video Clip:
Prayer has been a part of my life for a lot of years. I have read books about prayer and I’ve been in Bible Studies about prayer, but sometimes praying is just hard. I feel like it’s something that I’m supposed to do, but I don’t always know HOW or WHY. Here’s a silly movie clip that I can relate to. It’s from a movie called Meet the Parents with Ben Stiller and Robert DeNiro. Ben Stiller’s character is in love with Robert DeNiro’s daughter and they’ve been dating for about ten months. She finally brings him home to “Meet the Parents.” Ben plays Greg; the nervous, in-love house guest who wants to impress the parents of Pam (DeNiro’s daughter) and DeNiro plays a quirky dad who doesn’t automatically like Greg just because his daughter does. In this scene, the four are sitting down to their first family dinner together. Watch this.
If you are going by Scene Selection, chose Scene #5, “Dinner with the Folks.” This scene begins at 24:00. Or this clip is available to download and purchase from WingClips (as seen in the embedded video clip above).
End the scene at 26.16 on the DVD counter.
Ever heard anyone pray kind of like that? Have you ever felt like that? It can be tricky business praying out loud; especially in front of people who you are just getting to know, or if you feel a little bit intimidated by the people around you. Maybe they seem to know more about prayer than you, or perhaps they’ve been Christians for a long time. I can really identify with Greg at that moment. He wanted to pull it off and impress Pam’s parents.
Divide into Small Groups:
We’re going to take some time in our small groups now to look a little bit closer at this topic of prayer. (NOTE: You will need the pre-printed Small Group Question Cards and pencils for each student.)
CLICK HERE for a quick training article on how to maximize your small groups using our small group format—a great resource to equip your small group leaders.
Small Group Opener Questions:
- AROUND THE CIRCLE: What is your first memory of hearing someone pray?
- AROUND THE CIRCLE: Who is someone that you think does a good job with praying? Why?
- I know lots of people who pray well.
- Praying is important.
- People can and should pray however they want.
- I feel good about how I pray.
- I could use some help with the topic of prayer.
A FEW OF YOU: Who do you know who prays well, and what do you like about their style?SOMEBODY: Would someone share their response to the third statement?A FEW OF YOU: Two or three of you tell us how you feel about your own prayer styles.AROUND THE CIRCLE: If someone could offered you help on the subject of prayer, what might you ask them?Transitional Statement:The Bible talks about prayer a lot. There are over 400 references to prayer throughout the Old and New Testaments, but today we are going to look at just one of them. It’s in Matthew chapter 6 and I have printed out copies of verses 1-13 (optional) in two different Bible versions. Reading out of two versions of the Bible can give us a broader understanding of what the writer was trying to say when he wrote to his original audience.
(Optional- you can use just one translation if you like.) Two translations are printed below. Print them on separate sheets of paper making enough copies for each student to have their own. Pass out the NIV version first, spend time studying it (directions follow) and then follow the same pattern with The Message.
Matthew 6:1-13 (The Message)
1 “Be especially careful when you are trying to be good so that you don’t make a performance out of it. It might be good theater, but the God who made you won’t be applauding. 2-4″When you do something for someone else, don’t call attention to yourself. You’ve seen them in action, I’m sure—’playactors’ I call them— treating prayer meeting and street corner alike as a stage, acting compassionate as long as someone is watching, playing to the crowds. They get applause, true, but that’s all they get. When you help someone out, don’t think about how it looks. Just do it—quietly and unobtrusively. That is the way your God, who conceived you in love, working behind the scenes, helps you out. 5″And when you come before God, don’t turn that into a theatrical production either. All these people making a regular show out of their prayers, hoping for stardom! Do you think God sits in a box seat? 6″Here’s what I want you to do: Find a quiet, secluded place so you won’t be tempted to role-play before God. Just be there as simply and honestly as you can manage. The focus will shift from you to God, and you will begin to sense his grace. 7-13″The world is full of so-called prayer warriors who are prayer-ignorant. They’re full of formulas and programs and advice, peddling techniques for getting what you want from God. Don’t fall for that nonsense. This is your Father you are dealing with, and he knows better than you what you need. With a God like this loving you, you can pray very simply. Like this:
Our Father in heaven,
Reveal who you are.
Set the world right;
Do what’s best— as above, so below.
Keep us alive with three square meals.
Keep us forgiven with you and forgiving others.
Keep us safe from ourselves and the Devil.
You’re in charge!
You can do anything you want!
You’re ablaze in beauty!
Yes. Yes. Yes.Let’s look at the first version in “NIV”.
- Read it through and as you find “main ideas” just write them down in the margins of your paper.
- Circle key words.
- Circle any words that pop out at you or that don’t make sense.
After a few minutes, I will ask a few of you to share what you think Jesus is saying in these verses.
Small Group Questions:
- SOMEBODY: To whom do you think Jesus is talking? (At the beginning of chapter 5 we read that Jesus is addressing crowds of people while he sits up on a mountain side.)
- A FEW OF YOU: What are some of the “key” words you found?
- A FEW OF YOU: What seem to be his main points? (Give to the needy but don’t make a show of it. Pray, but when you do, go some place quiet, and don’t babble.)
- Read it through and as you find “main ideas” just write them down in the margins of your paper.
- Circle key words.
- Circle any words that pop out at you or that don’t make sense.
(Small Group Questions Continued)
A FEW OF YOU: What words pop out at you from this version?
A FEW OF YOU: What do you think Jesus was trying to say?
A FEW OF YOU: How might the people have responded or what would they have been thinking as Jesus taught them these things?
AROUND THE CIRCLE: Name one person who has taught you something about prayer and tell us what you learned from them.
AROUND THE CIRCLE: If you could change something about your prayer life, what would it be? Why would you change it?SOMEBODY: If Jesus were teaching us here today, what do you think He would want us to know about prayer? If it’s the same as He taught these people, how might He say it to us?
Wrap Up:Jesus obviously wanted people to pray. In the same way that it was important for people to take care of the needy, it was also important to connect with God through prayer. The Bible talks about many occasions where Jesus went off to quiet places to pray. Even though He was fully God, He was also fully man and He was totally dependant on His intimate relationship with His father. We are meant to be totally connected to our Heavenly Father as well. In fact, Jesus even demonstrates a way to pray to the Father in verses 9-13. He shows us that we should:
- Thank God for His mighty power.
- Ask for His help to obey and demonstrate His kind of perfect love here on earth.
- Ask Him to meet our needs (note, that doesn’t mean give us everything we want!)
- Ask for His protection and strength to fight against sin and the grace to help us forgive people who hurt us.
People call this “The Lord’s Prayer” because the Lord Jesus prayed it to give us an example. Jesus was teaching us the basics so that we would know how to approach the Holy God. The awesome point in all of this is that the Holy God WANTS us to come to Him with the details of our lives. He wants to have intimate relationships with us and show us that we can depend on Him in every aspect of our lives. It’s not about making it sound good or impressing the people around you like we saw in the movie clip. It’s about a deeply connected loving relationship between you and your Father in Heaven.
Let’s take a minute to close by talking to Him now.
- Who will start out by thanking God for His awesome character?
- And will someone else ask for help as we try to love others the way God loves us?
- Let’s have three different people pray for specific prayer needs that we know of.
- And then we’ll spend a minute being silent. You can use this time to get right with God, confess if there’s stuff blocking your relationship and ask for help in fighting temptation.
- I will close when we’re done.
Written by Teddi Pettee. Original video clip idea by Nate Swanson and Brad Jones
Here is a collection of Prayers for Meetings of any kind: Business meetings, Sunday school meetings, church or family meetings, and prayer meetings.
Opening Prayer for Meeting
Lord, we are meeting today to conduct matters
of business. Guide our hearts and our minds in the
spirit of fairness, right thought and speech. Impart your
supreme wisdom upon our activities so that our affairs
may reach a successful conclusion. Thank you for being
our source of guidance today. Amen!
Read our full collection of Opening and Closing Prayers
Prayer to Come to an Agreement
Dear God, we seek your help with our affairs today.
Bless this meeting with your divine intelligence, and
help us to make the best use of our own. We are
of diverse opinion here. Yet we wish to mend our
differences and reach agreement satisfactory to all.
Please share a little of your wisdom with us to help
us do right by all concerned. Thank you for your
Heavenly blessing. Amen!
Sunday School Meeting
O God, we thank You for this privilege of meeting
today in Your house. Help us worship You
acceptably. Bless Your word to us all.
Bless our pastor and people, in the name
of Your Son Jesus Christ. Amen.!
School Board Meeting Prayer
Loving and Gracious God, you are indeed the giver of all good gifts
and we thank you today for all your blessings, for the successful outcomes
of our school events and for all our staff members, both the teaching and
We ask that you bless them abundantly and we continue to seek your wisdom,
guidance, courage and strength. Be with us in our deliberations and help us
to be wise in the decisions we make for the good of all those who have placed
their trust and confidence in our leadership.
Give us insight to lead with integrity that our decisions may reflect what is
right and good. Keep us from short-sightedness and pettiness. Help us to make
decisions that are for the good of all and guard us from blind self interest.
Dear Lord, grant us the humility to always seek your will in all that we do and say.
All Glory be to you, loving God, now and always through Christ and the Holy Spirit
forever and ever. Amen.
Hosting a prayer meeting? Check out these great Prayer Meeting Ideas.
Family Meeting Prayer
Our family gathers today in joyous occasion,
thanks to our Lord who looks after us all.
Bless this happy meeting and may we all
be praised in Your gracious name!
Table of contents
- 1 Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Prayers for Meetings”
- 2 Recent prayer requests…
- 3 1. A Prayer That This Food May Fuel Us to Do Your Work
- 4 2. A Prayer in Remembrance of the Hungry
- 5 3. A Prayer of Confession
- 6 4. A Prayer for Family Mealtime
- 7 5. A Prayer for Mealtime Fellowship
- 8 6. A Prayer for When Someone is Missed at the Table
- 9 7. A Prayer for Dining Out
- 10 8. A Prayer in Remembrance of the Last Supper
- 11 9. A Prayer for When Food is Scarce
- 12 10. A Prayer for the Drive-Thru
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Prayers for Meetings”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Praying request for my VISA interview – Hi Brother/Sister, Kindly pray for my VISA interview results to be positive for my US work permit. and for my mother’s health Thanks
- God’s Favour – I have a meeting with the financial advisor at the college I was accepted into and I would like if some of you would pray …
- Marriage need saving – My husband is a person who fusses about everything and always talks mean to me each day, I never fuss or talk harsh to him …
- For my life – Please, God helps you know about my life. I need this house to help to find something the end of this month. I need husbands …
- Friendship – I pray for a true friendship. I pray for a friend for my mother in law Lorraine. She is lonely and needs a new friend …
- Courage to fellowship – Heavenly Father I need resources or specific help from you to stop letting fear take me from Your will for my life. I need more …
- Relationship – Dear God please help me I had to take a CAT scan with contrast and can you please let my results being negative I just …
- Prayers for better outcome with the toxic people in my daughters life – Father God, I pray it’s meaning for Ally today with Kathleen has a positive outcome. I pray that only stop playing her making fox accusations …
- Keep Scholarship – Praying that my band Director has a change of heart and let me stay in the band. I will lose my 6 000 scholarship. I …
- God to be with me – Please kindly pray for me God to give boldness discernment and not to be afraid. I will have to lead and facilitate the meeting on …
- Salvation – Please pray for Courtney to be saved and for me to see her again soon.
- God’s protection related to persons (possible friends) – + new Godly friends + God’s protection for people who only want their benefits/advantage from me (be aware of false friends) + wisdom and descernment
- Pray for meeting – I pray that a new boss opens his heart and listens to those who have experience. That he makes decisions based on evidence of past …
- No weapons form against my kids – Lord oh father god I ask you in the name of Jesus to bring my son Steven home to me lord God this acs case …
- Attack on the job – Help me o lord, for the enemy is about to swallow me up, help me o Lord.
- For the Joseph anointing – I just got elected back onto our communities tribal council. I believe in Jesus Christ and him crucified My community (First Nations) is mostly about …
- Prayer my fiancé victor and his family right now – Dear Heavenly Father I’m praying that you touch my fiancé victor and his family right now and I’m praying that everything work out for them …
- Assistance good result – I’ going to a assessment meeting and I need good wishes that everything will go my way I need to be on support they are …
- Asking of you Lord – I pray for strength in succeeding to get a job and the words to say. A position to be open to allow me to have …
- Brenda – Please kindly pray that my parents will accept Brenda when they meet her, in jesus name amen
- Legal transaction prayer request – Asking for prayer resolution for a legal matter – pray that God shows us favor in our request – all things we asked in the …
- Restoration of my marriage – Please pray for me. My marriage is falling apart. My husband has told me he no longer loves me and he has nothing to offer …
- Study Isues – Please pray for my Studies. I am curently going through some difficult times at the moment in my work placement. Satan is trying his best …
- Revival youth meeting – Hello. I am Eric, youth leader at a local church in Belgium. I would like to pray so that God will richly bless our youth …
- Marriage – A marriage that please God.
- Relationship – I want fiancee meet with me and try to resolve things so we can move on with our lives and maybe still have a chance …
- Relive the eval at my work. – I’m in management and it seems like no matter how much or how hard I try their are few that are never satisfied. They pick …
- Help Us Set A Course – Lord, we have many things to do, And that’s why we rely on you To bring our hearts and souls in synch, That we might …
- Help Me Focus – By countless means on endless days, Confusions multiply the ways, In which my mind and heart must turn. I must somehow restrain my thought, And …
- Relationship – I’m in love with a girl called Pavithra, please pray that she has to accept my love.
- protection – please pray with me my hubby is not responsible. iam in debts
- Divorce. I am asking for prayers for a settlement agreement on Jan. 23 – I am asking for prayers for a settlement agreement on Jan. 23. Been going through a divorce for over a year. His planning to tell …
- A prayer for Shpresa – Dear: Our Father Who Art In Heaven I pray to you please write it in heaven to make the jobcentre to accept my mums application …
- Prayer before class – A prayer before class,Lord, help us in our work today give us concentration so that may we listen, understand, learn and have a peaceful mind …
- Prayer Before School – My dear heavenly fater,Thank you for giving us life,for sustaining our physical materials ang spiritual needs.Thank you to for the many blessings you bestowed on …
- Protect Our Marriage – Prayer – Let us Pray.Lord, I pray that You would establish in me and (name of your wife or husband) eg JAMES, lets bonds of love that …
- Prayer for successful meeting – dear st.jude, please let thing go well for me and healthcare services group. so that fernando, does not come back to work for silver lake …
- Prayer for the youth – How wonderful you are Lordfor giving us a life which is full of enthusiasm and energy.How wonderful you are Lordfor giving us the gift of …
- Opening prayer for a Retirement Dinner – Heavenly Father! Thank you for allowing us to gather here today in this joyous occasion. Bless this happy re-union, in which we ask that you …
- Prayer Before Meeting – Almighty God, our Father, we praise and thank you for this day. You have given us another opportunity to appreciate life and to fulfill our …
- help me to be strong, stand up for myself – God, in 10 minutes I meet with my boss. Things have not been easy between us. I have been beaten down by her for things …
- Business Meeting Prayer – Dear Father, thank you for creating this opportunity to conduct business. As your word says “I can do all things thru Christ who strength me”. …
- Prayer for LBD convention – *Prayer for LBD convention*Lord, as we wait on you for our upcoming convention, Guide our hearts and our minds in the spirit of fairness, right …
- A Beautiful Morning Prayer – Dearest Almighty Father, We give You thanks for today. Thank You so much for giving me these eyes. May I use these eyes to help …
- Prayer for a difficult Meeting – Lord, we come before you this day (evening) and we ask your divine help. You know that we are about to make some difficult decisions …
- Prayer before work meeting – (Wellington ) Our lord and gracious god, guide us and protect us from influences beyond our control. Help us weave through uncertain times and stay …
- I come to you today and I humbly ask YOU LORD for a financial breakthrough – Dear LordI come to you today and I humbly ask YOU LORD for a financial breakthrough, I pray LORD that YOU cover my finances and …
- We Meet to Serve – We gather here today to serve our community and (your orginization)….working together to use our resources wisely.As trusted servants, we seek blessings on our deliberations …
- Special Prayer of thanksgiving for Healing – Lord this evening, I praise and thank you for the gift of healing. I suffered from acid reflux and it really affected me. I felt …
- Strength to do this today – Dear Lord, Give me the strength and courage to feel your presence in me to get moving today.I know I need to be a contributing …
- Family Meeting Prayer – I am facing a family meeting on Sunday 09-04 to write funeral thank you notes. I am overwhelmed with fear about the meeting – that …
- Prayer to Come to an Agreement – we seek your help with our affairs today.Bless this meeting with your divine intelligence, and help us to make the best use of our own. …
- prayer before class – Lord,May all that we do this day,from morning until night,begin with your inspiration,and continue with your powerful help.May our work this daybe rooted in love …
- Morning Prayer for protection – God, through you men live in peace are of one mindKnowing you we have eternal life and Serving you we are truly freeShield us your …
- Thanks for the day prayer – Lord God, we thank you for this day,allowing us to see the brightness of the day, we asked for your guidance and protection. Allow us …
- Prayer for the sick before meetings – Heavenly Father, thank You so much for the wonderful opportunity that You have given to us.Make us worthy in drawing near to You.We have lots …
- Prayer Before Class – Heavenly Father and Your Beloved Son Jesus Christ,We thank you for giving us another life,We thank you for another Beautiful Morning.As we go on through …
- Father God, I Lift O’Brian Up To You… – Dear Lord, I lift O’Brian up to you in prayer. Father, I lift O’Brian’s need up to you in prayer. As you taught my: “Our …
- Prayer for a Family Meeting – Family MeetingOur family gathers today in joyous occasion,thanks to our Lord who looks after us all.Bless this happy meeting and may we allbe praised in …
- Husband to fine peace in is heart and be more like a follower of christ – Holy Father please let my husband fine peace and take the anger away from his body Let him apologize to the people he has hurt …
- Prayer to be Punctual – O god,help me to be punctual at school, for getting beautiful flowers in term of education , soveirness ,learning & to be an actual mean …
- Working Place Prayer – Dear God,Thank you God 4 this wonderful and smrt office.Lord God you are our wonderful Daddy thank for everything and for every person we are …
- pray my landlord will b merciful & honest – pray my landlord will b merciful & honest & see all my efforts 2 gain employment. pray for no bullying. pray for positive both sides. …
- Prayer for cooperation in the meeting – today i will work with all of my friends and cooperate in my group, i wil respect them love them and share with them as …
- Prayer when put to shame – Lord God and Father, how painful it is to be put to shame by another person. I feel so small and helpless. I feel broken …
- Father, let us rejoice in your presence and trust in the Holy Name of your son Jesus – Oh Father, let us rejoice in your presence and trust in the Holy Name of your son Jesus.May your love rest upon each of us, …
- we are very thankful with your love oh god in jesus name – Dear God..thank you for the gift of life for everything you showered to us,thank you also for keeping us away from danger.Today we ask your …
More prayers posted in: Meetings
Mealtime prayers are essential conversations with God. Paul tells us to: “Celebrate always, pray constantly, and give thanks to God no matter what circumstances you find yourself in.” (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)
Poverty and starvation are an everyday reality for some, while others of us quench their thirst and put hunger at bay at our leisure. No matter which side of the pendulum we find ourselves on, praying God’s will over our lives and our meals is important. “… for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.” (1 Thessalonians 5:18b NLT)
Praying God’s blessing over our meals is a simple way to make a big difference on the daily alignment of our hearts. Use dinner time and all other times of eating to recall God’s goodness in your life. It helps us remember that our blessings come from our Creator… who deserves credit for all.
Here are 10 prayers that will fit any mealtime situation, from formal family dinners, to meals on the go at the neighborhood drive-thru:
1. A Prayer That This Food May Fuel Us to Do Your Work
Father, Praise You for the nourishment the You provide. Thank You for meeting our physical needs of hunger and thirst. Forgive us for taking that simple joy for granted, and bless this food to fuel our bodies forward into Your will for our lives. We pray that we will be energized and be able to work for the glory of Your Kingdom. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
2. A Prayer in Remembrance of the Hungry
Father, You are mighty and strong to sustain our bodies. Thank You for the meal we are about to enjoy. Forgive us for forgetting how many pray for food to relieve their starvation. Bless and relieve the starvation of those who hunger, Lord, and inspire our hearts to seek out ways that we can help from our abundance. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
3. A Prayer of Confession
Father, This meal is the work of Your hands. You have provided for me, again, and I am grateful. I confess my tendency to forget to ask Your blessing upon my life, through the comforts that You have given me to enjoy. So many people lack these daily comforts and it is selfish of me to forget about them in their need. Show me how to make the most of Your blessing in my life, for everything I have is a gift from You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
4. A Prayer for Family Mealtime
Father, We have gathered to share a meal in Your honor. Thank You for putting us together as family, and thank You for this food. Bless it to our bodies, Lord. We thank you for all of the gifts you’ve given to those around this table. Help each member of our family use these gifts to your glory. Guide our mealtime conversations and steer our hearts to Your purpose for our lives. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
5. A Prayer for Mealtime Fellowship
Father, Praise You for friendship and family! Thank You for bringing us together today to share a meal. The people in our lives bring us such joy, and we are grateful for time spent in fellowship together. Help us use this time to bond closer as a group, and learn to love each other more. Bless our appetites, both physical and spiritual, to honor You in all we do. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
6. A Prayer for When Someone is Missed at the Table
Father, We are coping with an empty seat at our table. Be with the one we are without, today, and help us to trust in Your timing, purpose, and great love for us all. As we miss ____________ today, we pray Your blessing over him/her/them, and us, and the space in between now and when we see them next. Until then, may this food bless our bodies, and give us strength to endure the day ahead. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
7. A Prayer for Dining Out
Father, Bless this establishment and employees as they prepare and serve our food. Thank You for the opportunity to have our meal brought to us, and the ability to relax and enjoy this time with one another. We understand our privilege to be here, and we pray to be a blessing to those we encounter in this place. Bless our conversation, and may we honor You in all we do. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
8. A Prayer in Remembrance of the Last Supper
Father, As we sit here today preparing to eat this food, we remember Your Son. How He came here as a human being, and ate with His family and friends just like we do. Thank You for the gift of Jesus, and that we can look to Him knowing He understands our hunger. Bless us, Lord Jesus, and stir our hearts to remember You in all we do. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
9. A Prayer for When Food is Scarce
Father, We come to You hungry, today. It’s hard to understand why we don’t have enough to eat, but we come to You for strength, knowing that You are our provider. Help us to trust that You will sustain us through times of abundance and times of scarcity. Bless us and help us get back up on our feet again. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
10. A Prayer for the Drive-Thru
Father, Thank You for the drive-thru, that saves our time on busy days. We pray for those who prepared our food, and we ask that we would be a blessing to them during our brief encounter today. We remember that they are your children, and that they should be treated with kindness and respect, so that they will be able to see You in our actions. Bless this food to our bodies and keep us safe on the road today. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Photo credit: Thinkstock
This article is part of our larger Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can’t find the words to pray.
Prayer for Healing
Prayer for StrengthPrayer for ProtectionMorning PrayersGood Night PrayersSerenity PrayerA Birthday PrayerSinner’s PrayerPrayer for ForgivenessPrayer for GuidanceIntercessory PrayerPrayer for PeacePrayer for FaithPrayer for Love
Now available is our new Daily Prayer devotional! An easy way to find start your day with prayer, read today’s prayer and sign up to receive by email.