The following prayers are for you to pray for restoration of your marriage and also a prayer that you can pray to restore the marriage of others.
As Christians we go through difficult times in our marriages much like the unsaved world. However the one thing we have is our Savior Jesus Christ whom we go to with our marriage restoration prayers.
He is waiting on us to come to Him and allow Him to work in our lives. The word of God says “Whom God has joined together let no man put asunder”. Therefore, it is His will that your marriage should work. When you go to Him in prayer keep this in mind so that you do not doubt that this is His will for your life.
There are times when even after you’re prayed these prayers for restoration of your marriage it still does not get restored. Well, there are several things you need to keep in mind:
- Are you both saved? If not then you need to look at the Prayer of Salvation also know as the Sinners Prayer
- God wants what is best for both of you so you need to be open to where He will lead you. You should both be praying through this process and confessing your sins so that there is nothing standing in the way of your answered prayers.
Here is the Marriage Restoration Prayer that can be prayed for someone that you know who may ask you to pray for them.
Lord, I come in the name of Jesus asking that you to make a way in this wilderness of healing and restoration for ________ (name of wife & husband) in their marriage. Lord, that your grace is sufficient to carry them through difficult times, your power is made perfect in their weaknesses and the power of Christ is in them. 2 Corinthians 12:9 As Christians, greater is You that is in _____________ (name of wife & husband) than the evil one in the world because your power is greater than the power of Satan and all who do his work. 2 Chronicles 32:7 I am so thankful that You are watching to make certain that your Word is fulfilled and that You are performing it in our marriage. Jeremiah 1:12 Thank you that you will complete the work that you started in this marriage. Philippians 1:6 O Sovereign LORD, you are God! Your words are trustworthy, and you have promised these good things to me. You have said that You will build a home for them and that it pleases You to bless their marriage so it will continue before You forever. You have spoken, and with your blessing, this home and marriage will be established with blessings forever. II Samuel 7:25-29
Lord, I pray that you will allow healing and reconciliation to take place. That whatever hurts or disappointments they have experienced can be mended through the power of your undying eternal Love. We realize Father that they cannot change anything that has happened. But, they can go forth together keeping, renewing and once again honoring their vows. We ask that you endow them with wisdom to endure and a tongue that speaks healing, restoration & peace.
Abba, I ask that you would mend their hearts closely together and be the center of their marriage. Lord we ask that they seek forgiveness for any wrong doing. We pray that they extend love and patience to one another and that the lines of communication, sensitivity as well as understanding are once again opened. We ask that you will allow all the pain, hurt and disappointment to begin to subside. Lord we ask that forgiveness is welcomed by each of them. Lord we ask that you would allow your JOY to flow once again from heart to heart between them. Father we ask that you direct them as they seek you first in building trust, transparency and intimacy. Father we pray peace over their household, in the name of Jesus, Amen.
Here is a Prayer for Restoration of Marriage that you can pray for yourself.
Almighty Father, You are omniscient, omnipotent and able to do things that are impossible for man. I humble myself before you today Lord and ask you to restore my marriage. Please bring my wife/husband back to me so that we can fulfill Your word that those whom You have joined together let no man put asunder. Forgive me for my part of sin in this separation and show me what I need to do to restore my relationship with You and my relationship with her/him. I Pray, O Lord, to reunite us in Jesus name. Please have mercy upon us O God and I will always be thankful to You for restoring my marriage . I ask for the forgiveness of our sins. I pray for all those people who are may have come in between our relationship that you would set them on the right path and reveal to them the truth of your Word. I freely offer my forgiveness to them for their part in this separation. Fill us all with your Holy Spirit and guide us into your truth. I forgive my spouse for all the past hurt and pain and pray that you would cleanse my mind and my heart from carrying any thoughts that are not from you, in Jesus Name, Amen
We pray that the Lord will honor your prayer and that He will indeed restore you marriage according to His word. Please visit us again and take some time to look around our site for more Prayers. God Bless you and keep you and cause His face to shine upon you and grant you His peace.
“The insistent prayer of a righteous person is powerfully effective.” (James 5:16)
Dear Friend in Christ,
Thank you for visiting us today. We pray this prayer everyday, for every person who visits here . We believe and we see it daily; that God is doing a mighty work in marriages and that your heart, and your spouse’s heart and marriage are to be fully restored.
Marriage restoration is possible when a husband and wife are willing to engage in a conversation, and when either one or both of them are willing to engage in a dialogue about their relationship. Whether you’re dealing with communication problems, unresolved conflicts, emotional pain from past hurts, an affair, anger, unforgiveness, selfishness or unsolved differences, here are three hopeful prayers that can help you with your marriage restoration.
Prayers to Save a Marriage from Divorce
Lord Jesus, Our marriage is crumbling. I come to You; “before Your throne of grace,” desperately seeking You., asking You for help and guidance and wisdom about what to do. We’re stumbing and feel the hurdles are just too big. We keeping hearing the word, “Divorce,” We hear other “voices,” telling us to just give up— that there’s been too much water under the bridge… that our marriage is too far gone to keep going on. But Lord, neither of us want to destroy our marriage. We don’t want to break up our family or injure our children. You said that marriage is a covenant, “til death do us part.” You said that “nothing is too difficult for youto please.” I believe that Your will is for our marriage to be healed too.
But Lord, we’ve tried and done what we can, and have come to the place now where we don’t know what to do. Lord, I ask you, that if there is a way, to please show us the way and what to do. I ask You to show us the next steps we need to take to restore our marriage. I ask you to deal with my heart, with any selfishness, apathy, or pride, or anything _____________ (my spouse’s) heart. I ask You to reveal anything to us that we are not seeing for ourselves. I believe Lord that You are “…the Way, the Truth, and the Life. We’ve lost our way. We need Your way, Your Truth and Your life. We’ve lost our “first love” for each other. We need You. We need You to restore us; I ask You to restore us oh Lord and to help us find the way back to each other and to You again.
I ask You to renew in me and in boyh of us, us a willing spirit. Help me to not point fingers or respond defensively. Teach me how to listen to ______________ and to really hear. Lord, I realize that my actions, attitudes, and feelings and the things that have have happened between us that brought us to this place, didn’t happen overnight. I realize that it will take time to undo things that I have done, that brought us to this place in our marriage. I ask You to show me what I need to do to make these things right between us. Help me to see what I need to see to change. I ask you to work in ______________ (my spouse’s) heart and to help him/her do what You want him/her to do.
Lord, You promised to guide us in the way we should go. You are a wise Counselor, and You know exactly what we need. All our hopes and expectations are in You. If outside Christian counsel is necessary to lead us back and “start over,” please direct us to who truly can help. I trust that You are the answer, Lord. I believe and declare that divorce is not what we want. I ask that Your will be done in our lives and marriage. In the name of Jesus, Amen.
May the Lord Bless You. Please fill out our information form with your first names and we will be praying for you, your spouse, and that your marriage will be healed and restored.
Sincerely in Christ,
Cornerstone Marriage & Family Ministries
Do you feel like your relationship is in trouble? Perhaps your better half has left, your marriage is on the rocks, or you simply feel out of place with the person you are with. You value the relationship that you have with your husband or wife, and you honor and respect the vows that you took in front of God and witnesses. Despite the best of intentions, there are times when even the most perfect relationship has problems and issues. It is common for a member of the relationship to run-away from those problems, or refuse to face them by trying to leave the relationship and the home you’ve made together. Do not despair, there is hope, you just have to find faith and encouragement from our gracious Lord above.
Prayer can repair the most damaged marriage. The power of God can bring two people, who are intended to be together, back into a love filled marriage. Your union will know the love from the blessings of God if you keep your eyes on Him in all things. Through prayer, anything is possible. God is all-powerful and all-knowing, He can mend any bridges that may have been burned by conflict, clear away any confusion, and give you the power to forgive when needed most. If your relationship is in need of a blessing and you have nowhere to turn, always consider the power of prayer. God is always there to listen, and his followers on earth are always ready to assist in having your prayer requests heard.
“And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.” Ephesians 4:32
Table of contents
- 1 Prayer for Restoring Marriage
- 2 Prayer for a Loving Soulmate
- 3 Prayer for a Marriage In Need
- 4 Prayer for a Lost Love/Partner
- 5 Prayer for a Friends’ Troubled Marriage/Relationship
- 6 Prayer for Financial Peace In Marriage
- 7 Prayer for Clear Communication in Relationships
- 8 Bible Verses about Marriage:
- 9 The prayer points for restoration of marriage are carefully, scripturally and prayerfully crafted to assist you in your fight against Satan’s and his agent she attacking the peace, prosperity and joy of your marriage.
Prayer for Restoring Marriage
Lord, I come before you today with a heavy heart; my marriage is in grave trouble, and I need Your help and closeness. Please make changes in my spouse’s heart. Make us compatible again, and bring us closer together as we were before. Fill us with Your love and give us the strength to love one another, care for one another, and fulfill your life long wishes for us. Show us the harm caused by careless, uncalled for words, and the pain caused by emotional distance. Heal the division between the two of us. Make us one again. In Your precious name I pray, amen.
Prayer for a Loving Soulmate
I seek a partner who enhances me by his/her very being. who brings more love, joy, peace and prosperity to my life, Who I can love fully and who can fully receive my love, Who loves, honors and cherishes me completely, and always. May my heart be open and my head be clear. May my life be ready to welcome True love. May I be embraced in a circle of your love An uplifted by your grace. And so it is.
Prayer for a Marriage In Need
My heart cries out to You, my Maker of Heaven and of Earth! Please bring healing to our broken hearts, bring restoration to our relationship, ignite lost passion, and inspire forgotten intimacy. Please transform the two of us from the inside out, and lead us in Your way. We trust in you, Precious Jesus. Always. Amen.
Prayer for a Lost Love/Partner
Precious Savior, please pray that my heart’s desire be granted, and the return of the love of my life would come to fruition. I pray that my spouse/partner may have healed his/her wounds from the past, and forgiven all that has gone wrong between the two of us. Lord, help my lost love be able to follow his/her heart to their desire and love me for me. I ask that we be forever reconciled as one, from this day forward.
Prayer for a Friends’ Troubled Marriage/Relationship
Heavenly Father, I come before you and lay this troubled marriage/relationship in your hands. I ask that you would revive this couple, and draw them toward happiness shared together. I ask that you would renew their love and passion for one another, and that you would untangle the conflicts and strife that has damaged and angered them towards one another. Please bring understanding and tenderness of heart to both of them. May they both embrace the miracle that you desire to do for them, and within their spirits. Amen.
Prayer for Financial Peace In Marriage
I lift up my heart to You today, my precious Lord. Please help us to rely on You more in our marriage when it comes to our finances. We can be easily distracted by the amount of money in our bank account, or even by the jobs we currently have. Help us not to trust in the matter of money itself, but more importantly, trust in Your economy and Your word. May Your Holy Spirit fill us with wisdom in how to manage our finances, give us generous hearts to give to those in need, and teach us to not worry about money so much. We pray there would be peace in our marriage, especially over finances, at all times, and in all ways. May Your presence keep us grounded, keep us calm, and keep us in Your will always.
Prayer for Clear Communication in Relationships
Lord, I feel like my partner and I have had a difficult time clearly communicating with one another lately. We are both lacking in our compassion and understanding towards each other. I pray we would be better than this, and that You will open our hearts to You. Holy Spirit, please help us be better communicators with each other. I pray that we would live with understanding for what the other person is going through, and that we are thoughtful in our words and actions. Amen.
Bible Verses about Marriage:
“Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” Mark 10:9
“Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins.” 1Peter 4:8
“Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love, all the days of this meaningless life that God has given you under the sun—all your meaningless days. For this is your lot in life and in your toilsome labor under the sun.” Ecclesiastes 9:9
Prayer Points for Financial RestorationDecember 7, 2015
Prayer Points for Prosperity, Business or Job.December 7, 2015
Click here for the latest prayer points for the new year 2019
The prayer points for restoration of marriage are carefully, scripturally and prayerfully crafted to assist you in your fight against Satan’s and his agent she attacking the peace, prosperity and joy of your marriage.
The following prayer points are specially designed to bring total restoration of your marriage or relationship. If your marriage/relationship is already under attack, these prayer points are perfect for you. Pray them as often as you can, until you receive victory.
1. Thank God for His grace, love, protection and provisions in your life and family.
2. Father God, I appreciate You for all the good things You have done in my life and marriage/relationship, in Jesus’ name.
3. I confess and repent of every sin I have committed knowingly or unknowingly, in Jesus’ name.
4. Father, I bring my marriage/relationship under Your right hand of restoration today.
5. Oh God, intervene divinely in my marriage/relationship, and bring a total positive change into it, in Jesus’ name.
6. LORD, restore and renew our love as couples, in Jesus’ name.
7. Oh God, bring back to us our joy, peace and comfort, that led us into this marriage/relationship. In the name of Jesus Christ.
8. Father, rekindle the longing and passion we had for each other; to be in each other hand, in Jesus’ name.
9. LORD, cause our hearts to be united in love, in Jesus’ name.
10. Oh God, take away every evil seed or fruit of separation, hatred, malice and divorce the enemy has sown in our marriage/relationship, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
11. Father, remove from me anything negatively affecting the success of my marriage/relationship, in Jesus’ name.
12. LORD, take away from me every habit, custom or tradition driving my spouse away from me, in the name of Jesus Christ.
13. Father, deliver me from the spirit of anger and unforgiveness, in Jesus’ name.
14. Oh God, set me free from lying and deceit, in Jesus’ name.
15. Father God, remove stubbornness from me, in Jesus’ name.
16. LORD, change me and help me to contribute positively to the success of my marriage/relationship, in every way possible, in the name of Jesus Christ.
17. Lord, help me to be faithful in my marriage/relationship, in Jesus’ name.
18. I command total restoration of my marriage/relationship, in Jesus’ name.
19. Father, bring a wind of fresh love, joy, peace and comfort upon my marriage/relationship, in the name of Jesus Christ.
20.Father remove from my spouse anything negatively affecting the success of our marriage/relationship, in Jesus’ name.
21. LORD, take away from my spouse every habit, custom or tradition bringing a separation into our marriage/relationship, in the name of Jesus Christ.
22. Father, deliver my spouse from the spirit of anger and unforgiveness, in Jesus’ name.
23. Oh God, set my spouse free from lying and deceit, in Jesus’ name.
24. Father God, remove stubbornness from my spouse, in Jesus’ name.
25. LORD, change my spouse and help him/her to contribute positively to the success of our marriage/relationship, in every way possible, in the name of Jesus Christ.
26. Lord, help my spouse to be faithful in our marriage/relationship, in Jesus’ name.
27. I command the fire of the Holy Ghost to consume every imagination of the powers of darkness to destroy my marriage/relationship, in Jesus’ name.
28. Every evil hand stretched out against the success of my marriage/relationship, I destroy you, by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
29. I release, the consuming fire of God upon any person or personality fighting against my marriage/relationship, in Jesus’ name.
30. The word of God declares, “…what therefore God has joined together, let not man put asunder.” I declare, in accordance with the Word of God, that no man or woman can be able to destroy my marriage, in Jesus’ name.
31. Any man/woman determined to scatter my marriage/relationship; I command the fire of God to scatter you, in Jesus’ name.
32. I break in pieces every horn scattering my marriage, in the name of Jesus Christ.
33. Every agent of darkness sent to wreck my marriage/relationship; I bind and cast you out, in Jesus’ name.
34. With the blood of Jesus Christ, I shatter every covenant that gives the enemy upper hand to hinder the success of my marriage/relationship, in the name of Jesus Christ.
35. Every covenant opposing the success and continuance of my marriage/relationship, I break you, with the blood of Jesus Christ, in Jesus’ name.
36. I command the blessings of God upon my marriage/relationship, in the name of Jesus Christ.
37. I loose my marriage/relationship from every form of manipulation, in Jesus’ name.
38. I set myself and my spouse free from every demonic manipulation, in the name of Jesus Christ.
39. I command seven-fold restoration of everything the enemy has taken from my marriage, in Jesus’ name.
40. I retrieve back my marriage/relationship, from the hands of the enemy, in Jesus’ name.
41. I receive an hundred-fold restoration of my marriage/relationship, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
42. Thank God for answers to your prayers.
Please, kindly spare a few moments of your time to Pray For Someone who is in need of your prayers now.
You can send your prayer request to us HERE. We are delighted to bring them before the throne of God. Visitors to our site can also pray for you.
The LORD is answering our prayers. Keep on praying! God Almighty intervenes when you pray!
Pastor Victor Aigbeghian
Pastor Victor Aigbeghian is the senior pastor of New Generation Chapel. As a prophet, teacher, leader and pastor his mission is to transform lives, build leaders and strengthen families by helping people discover and live in the grace of God found in Jesus Christ.