Are you facing a difficult disease, illness or malady and want to cry out to God for healing but don’t know what to pray? If you feel scared, alone, unsure of the future, or don’t understand how healing works, pray these words below in faith today! Below are four prayers for healing, an interview with Max Lucado explaining how we should pray for healing, and some of our favorite Bible verses on healing.
God tells us that through prayer, He can speak to us and use us to work miracles for His glory. When you use this prayer for healing you are coming to God completely surrendered and expectant to let His Holy Spirit work in and through you. I pray that you will find miraculous healing as you seek God’s plan for your life – His plan to prosper you and to give you a hope and future!
Table of contents
- 1 Here are Four Prayers for Healing you can use today to speak life and hope into your situation.
- 2 A Prayer for Personal Healing
- 3 How to Pray for Healing – Max Lucado
- 4 A Short Prayer for Healing for Friends
- 5 A Prayer for Healing and Grace
- 6 A Prayer for Healing Sick Family and Friends
- 7 Healing Bible Verses
- 8 Healing Prayer for the Sick
- 9 Healing Prayer SMS for the Sick
- 10 Healing Prayer Messages for the Sick
- 11 Awesome Healing Prayer for the Sick
- 12 Yoke-Breaking Healing Prayer for the Sick
- 13 Sick, Our Nature Demanded To Be Healed
- 14 His Healing Ministry
- 15 Catholic Prayers For The Sick
- 16 A Story Of Blessed Chiara Badano
Here are Four Prayers for Healing you can use today to speak life and hope into your situation.
A Prayer for Personal Healing
God, you know me so well. You created me. You know the number of hairs on my head, and you even know the thoughts conceived in my heart before I ever vocalize them. You’ve told us to come to you and ask for every need of life. You are Jehovah-Rapha, the God who heals, and you have the final word on my destiny, the number of years I’ll live and serve you on earth.
I’m coming to you today as your child, longing to hear from you and asking for your divine healing. There’s so much I don’t understand about life. But I do know that with one touch, one word, you can make me whole. Please forgive me of my sins, cleanse me of my unrighteousness, and begin your healing from the inside out.
I don’t always know what your will is Lord, especially in times like now, when I desperately seek your face. I offer you no promises, no bargains, no deals to exchange for my health. I simply bow my heart before you to tell you the desire of my heart: that I want to spend as many years as I can loving you here, loving others, and wanting to become more like you. However you choose to accomplish that is up to you—and okay with me. If you use doctors to provide healing, give them wisdom to know what to do. Regardless of how you accomplish it, the healing you give is always miraculous. And you deserve all the praise.
I absolutely believe you have the power to heal. You demonstrated that on earth, and you still heal in miraculous ways today. Even when my faith is weak, you say it is enough, and my love for you is strong. And I know you already hold my heart and life in your hands. It’s up to you. If I can bring you more glory through healing, then that’s what I ask for. That’s what I desire.
But if your answer is no, or not now, I know that your grace is sufficient for me. Ultimately, I want your will to be my will. I look forward to spending an eternity with you. But Lord, if you have planned still more for me to do here on this earth, I not only need and want your physical healing, Lord, but a thorough, deep-down cleansing and strengthening—a whole-hearted renewal of all that I am. Because all that I am is yours. Use this trial to strengthen me from a “what-if” faith to a “no-matter-what” faith. And no matter what, I choose to honor you and give you glory.
In Jesus’s name, Amen.
~ Rebecca Barlow Jordan
How to Pray for Healing – Max Lucado
A Short Prayer for Healing for Friends
Lord, your Word speaks promises of healing and restoration and I thank you for the miracles you still perform today. Today I claim those promises over my friend. I believe in the healing power of faith and prayer and I ask you to begin your mighty work in the life of my friend. Please reach down and surround my friend with supernatural peace and strength and give her the faith to believe that all things are possible for you. Protect her from Satan’s lies and discouragement and let her miraculous healing begin. Amen.
A Prayer for Healing and Grace
We confess our need for you today. We need your healing and your grace. We need hope restored. We need to be reminded that you work on behalf of those you love, constantly, powerfully, completely. Forgive us for trying to fix our situations all on our own. Forgive us for running all different directions and spinning our wheels to find help, when true help and healing must be found first in You. Forgive us for forgetting how much we need you, above everyone and everything else. We come to you and bring you the places we are hurting. You see where no one else is able to fully see or understand. You know the pain we’ve carried. The burdens. The cares. You know where we need to be set free. We ask for your healing and grace to cover every broken place. Every wound. Every heartache. Thank you that you are Able to do far more than we could ever imagine. Thank you for your Mighty Power that acts on behalf of your children. We reach out to you, and know that you are restoring and redeeming every place of difficulty, every battle, for your greater glory. Thank you that you will never waste our pain and suffering. We love you. We need you today.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen
~ Debbie McDaniel
A Prayer for Healing Sick Family and Friends
Lord Jesus, thank you that you love . I know that you hate what their illness is doing to them/me. I ask that you would heal this disease, that you would have compassion and bring healing from all sickness.
Your word says in Psalm 107:19-20 that when we call out to you the Eternal one you will give the order, heal and rescue us from certain death. In the Bible, I have read of miraculous healing and I believe that you still heal the same way today. I believe that there is no illness you cannot heal after all the bible tells of you raising people from the dead so I ask for your healing in this situation.
I also know from my experience of life on earth that not everyone is healed. If that happens here than keep my heart soft towards you, help me to understand your plan and help me to be excited about heaven.
God, I thank you that belongs to you and that you are in control of everything that happens from our first breath to our last sigh.
~ Wendy van Eyck
Read 11 More Prayers for Healing at Praywithme.com – Helpful guiding words for praying over physical, spiritual and emotional healing.
Healing Bible Verses
My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man’s whole body.
Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He sent forth his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave. Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men.
Heal me, O LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.
He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.”
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.
More Healing Scripture
What are you praying for healing over today? Join our large praying community in the comments below and experience the power, hope and healing that comes when you allow others to cover you in prayer.
This article is part of our larger Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can’t find the words to pray.
Prayer for Healing
Prayer for StrengthPrayer for ProtectionMorning PrayersGood Night PrayersShort PrayersThe Lord’s PrayerSerenity PrayerA Birthday PrayerSinner’s PrayerPrayer for ForgivenessPrayer for Guidance
Now available is our new Daily Prayer devotional! An easy way to find start your day with prayer, read today’s prayer and sign up to receive by email.
Sickness is inevitable to every human – that’s human nature for you! When loved ones, family and friends fall sick, as important as the care by the doctors and nurses are, so are our prayers and good wishes.
These caring words of prayers and wishes have a way of letting them know that we share in their suffering and that they have a space in our hearts, thereby helping them to get better faster than expected.
In this list are good wishes and prayers you can choose from for your sick loved ones. I hope you like them, and I hope that they get better.
Healing Prayer for the Sick
1. I hope you get well soon so that you’ll enjoy life’s blessed moments.
2. I wish you a speedy recovery as you’re nursed back to health by the nurses!
3. I pray you’re back to full health sooner than ever because we miss you at work. Get well soon.
4. Your place isn’t on the sick bed. I pray that the healing hand of God will raise you and strengthen you.
5. Your face looks so off colour whenever you fall sick. I don’t like such moments. Get well soon so we can have a beautiful you again!
6. The hospital isn’t the best place to be in. The smell is out of this world, and the injections horrible. I wish you a speedy recovery!
7. I pray that you get healthier and happier as you recover from malaria. I love you.
8. By Jesus’s stripes, you’re healed! Amen.
9. Cheer up and get well soon. Your friends miss your company.
10. We have a couple of new gists to share, so get well quick, so that we get to it!
- 50 Powerful Prayer Points for Protection
Healing Prayer SMS for the Sick
11. Dad, Mum, I and others miss your laughter reverberating in the hallway. Get up quick! Wishing you a swift recovery.
12. You’re one of the strongest persons I’ve met. Gather the positive energy, and be healed from inside out.
13. Rest and relax, as you get all the care you need to be back on track. Get well soon brother.
14. I want you to know that you’re in my prayers for your quick recovery. May God’s healing power rest upon you.
15. We send you all the good wishes in the world as you are freed from the hold of sickness.
16. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you go through this period of being under the weather. May the weather clear, and may you be returned to full health soon.
17. I hope you get back to a hundred percent health soon. I truly miss not having you around.
18. I pray the sickness doesn’t submerge, and that you enjoy the rest of your life in perfect health. God bless you.
19. I hope my well wishes will spread a smile on your sick face. Get well soon dear.
20. I’m happy to hear you are getting better. I hope you bounce back to your healthy self soon.
Healing Prayer Messages for the Sick
21. May the peace of God rest upon you and release you from your sick bed.
22. We pray for a miraculous healing for you as soon as possible. We love seeing you hale and hearty.
23. May all the strength and help you need to get back to your strong self, be supplied to you. Get better very soon.
24. God’s powerful hand will take away your discomfort and ill health. You’re on your way to a healthier life.
25. I hope you get a good energy needed to get well soon. I miss your contagious smile and your lively spirit.
26. Your absence and illness hurt us as the day goes by without having you around. May the angels tend and pamper you, and may you spend the rest of your life in sound health.
27. I pray that you sickness pass as quickly as it came. I can’t wait to have you back home.
28. Every day I pray that the Lord keep you from suffering due to the sickness. He’ll get you back to your feet faster than you imagine. Get well soon!
29. May the be a total healing of your body, soul and spirit. You’re healed in Jesus name!
30. May you be fit for all of life’s task my friend. Get well soon!
Awesome Healing Prayer for the Sick
31. May the miracle of total recuperation work wonders in your life. Bounce back to total health my dear.
32. May the healing hands of the divine bring you to fast recovery. Amen.
33. “Get on your feet and walk!” That’s God telling you your sickness is over!
34. My prayers are with you so that you heal up very fast.
35. May the pain and tough times engendered by your illness be removed by the healing hands of God. Amen.
36. May the ill health leave you, may the pains go, and may you be as strong as a horse again.
37. May you experience the joy of being in sound health again. This I pray!
38. Get well soon and bubble with life. God is with you all the way.
39. May the healing powers of the “most high” bring comfort and grace in place of sickness. Get well soon.
40. May the messengers of God responsible for a good health visit you and lead you back to sound health.
Yoke-Breaking Healing Prayer for the Sick
41. May the blessings of good health always be yours. Grace to you as you get better.
42. As you recuperate from your sickness, I pray that God’s love be with you to see you through these trying times.
43. May you heal up and find health in no time. Get better soon.
44. May the hand that raised Jesus from the dead raise you from your sick bed. I wish you quick recovery.
45. I pray for speedy and easy recovery for you. Heal fast so you can return to your cheerful self.
46. I pray that you win the battle over sickness and illness. Get well soon.
47. May laughter be in your mouth again. May you find total freedom from the hold of sickness.
48. May you find warmth and good cheer as you recover from your illness.
49. May you blossom once again like a tree planted by the riverside. Feel good soon.
50. Recover fast to be sound in health. Grace to you.
- Written By Omopo Stanley.
When cancer enters your life, it can be overwhelming. This post teaches about the Catholic Church’s positions on sickness, healing, and Catholic prayers for the sick.
We’ve also included an inspirational story about Blessed Chiara Badano, a teenage Catholic cancer patient who died in 1990.
Sick, Our Nature Demanded To Be Healed
Ever since our first parents, Adam and Eve, fell from our Father’s grace in the Garden of Eden, humanity has been constantly faced with a huge lack of immortality: We experience pain, we suffer, and, ultimately, we die.
Now, that would sound pretty grim if that was the whole story — Thanks a lot Adam and Eve! But thanks be to God, literally, that is not the whole story. Only moments after the fall from grace, the first sin committed by our first parents, within the same Bible chapter, we have what Catholic tradition calls the protoevangelium: The first Gospel. It’s the first time in the Bible that we are told that salvation will come (cf. Genesis 3:14-15).
But we all know the story quite well. A few millennia later, God Himself became incarnate to save us (cf. CCC 457) and to be our model of holiness (cf. CCC 459).
Sick, our nature demanded to be healed; fallen, to be raised up; dead, to rise again. We had lost the possession of the good; it was necessary for it to be given back to us. Closed in the darkness, it was necessary to bring us the light; captives, we awaited a Savior; prisoners, help; slaves, a liberator. Are these things minor or insignificant? Did they not move God to descend to human nature and visit it, since humanity was in so miserable and unhappy a state? (St. Gregory of Nyssa in CCC 457).
His Healing Ministry
One of the most obvious themes of the life of Jesus, our Lord and Savior, is His healing ministry. Jesus proclaimed liberty to captives and healing to all the sick (cf. Matthew 8:16). But let us not fall into the wrong mindset that many around Jesus fell into. Many thought that Jesus had come to take away suffering, to take away pain and heal every single person of their infirmities. But is this really true?
Yes! An emphatic “Yes, yes, yes!” But… not in the way that many back then had thought. Jesus came to bring us one better: He came to destroy death.
Let’s look at this closely. Jesus is God. That makes Him “He who is Life Himself.” That is to say, God doesn’t merely have life, He is Life. Therefore, when Jesus, Life Himself, goes into the darkness of death, death can’t do anything but be destroyed! Death is no more and is unable to hold Him down and so He rose from the dead to save us (cf. Romans 4:25).
As St. Paul says so emphatically in 1 Corinthians 15:54-55, “Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?”
But to proclaim this glorious gift of eternal life that He has given us, He asks us to carry our cross daily for the Cross was the necessary medium to heal the rift between God and man, and lead death to be destroyed. When we suffer with a joyful hope in the resurrection of the dead to eternal life, it can be more evangelistic than our words could ever be. Jesus does, however, heal the physical ailments of many as I mentioned, but they’re always as a sign of the spiritual and eternal salvation that He came to bring us. The Catechism says this in paragraph 1151:
In his preaching the Lord Jesus often makes use of the signs of creation to make known the mysteries of the Kingdom of God. He performs healings and illustrates his preaching with physical signs or symbolic gestures. He gives new meaning to the deeds and signs of the Old Covenant, above all to the Exodus and the Passover, for he himself is the meaning of all these signs.
Catholic Prayers For The Sick
The two most powerful sources of Catholic prayers for the sick will always be the Sacrament of Confession and the Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick. They both prioritize the spiritual healing and restoration. The Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick can sometimes be accompanied by physical healing also.
As St. James so explicitly mentions in his epistle: “Is any among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the Church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord; and the prayer of faith will save the sick man, and the Lord will raise him up; and if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven” (James 5:14-15).
Always remember that our heavenly Father always has our best interests at the forefront of His plans for us. Jesus always walks with us in our sufferings, especially in our sufferings (I am reminded of that famous story named “footprints in the sand”). Cling to Him with everything that you’ve got and give Him all of your pain, suffering and disillusions. He will turn them into joy, glory, and finally, He will turn your death into life.
A Story Of Blessed Chiara Badano
I leave you with the following inspirational story of a young lady, a cancer patient who is in now in the process of becoming a saint.
Chiara seemed to have everything going for her as a teen. She had a loving, holy family and a rock solid faith that was nurtured by retreats and youth ministry programs. She was popular amongst her friends and was liked by boys. It’s not hard to see why. She was beautiful. Chiara loved to hang out in coffee shops. She was great at tennis, swimming and mountain climbing. Her outgoing personality and adventurous spirit made her dream of becoming a flight attendant. Chiara had a bright life ahead of her.
One day while playing tennis, Chiara experienced excruciating pain in her shoulder. Shortly afterwards she was diagnosed with osteogenic sarcoma. She watched her bright future slip away. But it’s here that the real story of her life begins—the story of heroic virtue.
Chiara’s joy was explosive and it only increased with her suffering. After one very pain-filled night she said, “I suffered a lot, but my soul was singing.” Google pictures of her on her death bed. Her eyes look like pools reflecting the glory of heaven. One of her doctors remarked, “Through her smile, and through her eyes full of light, she showed us that death doesn’t exist; only life exists.” Cardinal Saldarini heard of this amazing teen and visited her in the hospital. Awestruck, he said, “The light in your eyes is splendid. Where does it come from?” Chiara’s reply was simple: “I try to love Jesus as much as I can.”
Chiara had a profound sense of redemptive suffering. She often repeated the phrase, “If this is what you want, Jesus, so do I.” Like any teenage girl, she loved her hair, but with each lock that fell out she’d pray, “For you, Jesus.” She frequently refused morphine, saying, “I want to share as much as possible in His suffering on the cross.”
During one of her many hospital stays Chiara took walks with a depressed, drug-dependent girl, despite the pain of walking from the huge growth on her spine. When she was encouraged to stop and rest she said, “I’ll have time to rest later.” Ever thinking of others, she said, “I have nothing left, but I still have my heart, and with that I can always love.”
Chiara requested to be buried in a wedding gown. As the end of her short life drew near she told her mother, “When you’re getting me ready, Mum, you have to keep saying to yourself, ‘Chiara Luce is now seeing Jesus.’”
She died on Oct. 7, 1990. Her parents and friends were with her. Her last words were: “Goodbye. Be happy because I’m happy.”
– See more at:
Let us pray for one another in our times of trial that we may be able to endure with unending love for Jesus. Maybe we can take the words of Blessed Chiara and make them our own when we are in pain, emotional or physical: “For you, Jesus.”
Are you, or is someone you know, affected by cancer? Please submit a prayer request so our readers and our prayer team can pray with you.cancerprayernetwork.com