Here, we offer a marriage prayer for those who are experiencing marital troubles. As humans, we are imperfect and that goes as well for the relationships we form.
It is right to ask God for help in troubled times.
- 1 Prayers to Help a Failing Marriage
- 2 Prayer to Reunite with Spouse
- 3 Scripture About Marriage
- 4 Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Marriage Prayer”
- 5 Recent prayer requests…
- 6 Why do we need marriage prayer points?
- 8 Take your concerns to God
- 9 Marriage Prayer: Childhood hurt
- 10 Formation
- 11 Love
- 12 Longevity
- 13 Healing and renewal
- 14 Infidelity
- 15 Fruitfulness
- 16 Divorce
Prayers to Help a Failing Marriage
From the beginning, God meant for man and woman to be together, joined in holy matrimony. It is not good than man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him. But, just because it is Gods will does not mean it is always easy.
Use this marriage prayer if you need Gods help and guidance to heal a failing marriage.
Prayer to Restore a Marriage
I come before you today with a heavy heart; my
marriage is in trouble, and I need your help.
Make changes in my spouse’s heart. Make us
compatible again, and bring us closer together.
Fill us with your love and give us the strength
to love one another, care for one another, and
fulfill your destiny for us.
Show us the harm caused by careless words,
and the pain caused by emotional distance.
Bring us together, like we once were. Show
us how to love one another again.
Heal the division between us. Make us one again.
In your name I pray, Amen.
Prayer to Reunite with Spouse
This is a prayer asking God for help reuniting with a husband or wife. Through lifes difficulties, God is always there to help guide the ones we love, back into our arms.
Prayer to bring Back Lost Love
Please pray that my heart’s desire be granted,
the return of the love of my life, my one true
love. I pray that my spouse may have
healed his wounds from the past and forgiven
all that has gone wrong.
Lord, help my husband (wife) be able to follow
his heart to his desire and love for me and
permanently return to me to be forever
reconciled as one, as husband and wife.
Scripture About Marriage
“And he said to them, “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her, and if she divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery.”
Click here to read more Bible Verses about Marriage
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Marriage Prayer”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Life Partner- Father, thank your thoughts towards me are good thoughts, and your plans are to give me a hope and a future. Thank you that you… …
- Restore my marriage- Lord, Thank you for this day. Thank you for my husband and my children Father. Lord, I present this fast to you today for the… …
- Marriage Reconciliation- Please pray for my husband to soften his heart and reach out to God. Pray he forgives me and that we are able to reconcile… …
- Please pray for our marriage- Please please pray for our marriage. Pray the Holy Spirit softens my husband’s heart towards God and me. Please pray for peace in our home.… …
- Peace and financial blessing- My wife has been attacking me because of financial struggle and resentment. I feel alone and lonely because I have nowhere to go for help… …
- Marriage- I have been married for the last 13 years with 2 kids,my husband got involved with another woman now my marriage has been on the… …
- Marital breakthrough- I want to get married to my spouse this year. I want God to make it possible and also provide everything needed to make it… …
- Restoration- I’m asking prayer for restoration for all that the devil has stolen. My marriage to be restore the way God would want it. My family… …
- For my family- Please pray that my marriage is completely restored and a complete transformation takes place in my Husband’s heart. I want my family to be a… …
- Please pray for me during this difficult time in marriage- Please say a prayer for me. I have been having anxiety and a nervous breakdown this past week with my marriage crumbling before my eyes.… …
- Marrying my fiancee- I would love to marry my fiancee this year; pray for me that it comes to fruit; she’s my world and my everything; after God;… …
- Breaking the lies of Satan in my Marriage- Heavenly father block the lies that Satan has been planting in the mind of my husband over the years about me. Remove the bitterness and… …
- Save my marriage- I ask that my marriage be saved from divorce. My wife feels that is the only solution and is aggressively pursuing divorce but I am… …
- Salvation and healing- Pray for my husband salvation and healing from alcoholism. Pray he will recognize and fulfill his duties as husband and leader of our home. Also… …
- Blessed marriage- l was recently dumped after a four year relationship. (We were supposed to get married December 2018) The longest relationship l have ever had. l… …
- City of Akron- I want to have holy matrimony with a man of God. I do not desire to be alone. I will accept that status if this… …
- Help me so I can help others- I have a 40-year-old food addiction and I am in an unequally yoked marriage. I have emotional issues and I feel lost and alone. Suicide… …
- My marriage and family- Please pray for our marriage, my wife and I were having a difficult time. She was involved with other men and until now she didn’t… …
- Waiting on God- I have received several prophetic words over the past 10 years that I will be married and it will be great. I have followed instructions… …
- Marital, financial and health breakthrough- My prayer is to have holy matrimony, peace around my home and family. I also pray for a financial breakthrough, I need the Lord to… …
More prayers posted in: Marriage
Why do we need marriage prayer points?
Along with families, there is a great attack on the institution of marriage. Broken marriages have a far-reaching effect. Statistics show that the current divorce rate in the United States of America is between 40-50%.
The number of marriages are also falling significantly over the last few years. More and more children are being born outside of wedlock. This lack of stability is crippling our societies. You may think that this is a US statistic, but it stretches far and wide. The decline in marriage rates is also mirrored in the UK.
UK Marriage Stats
God knows the importance of marriage, and designed it to be a cradle for families. We ought to stand up for our marriages. Mark 10:9 “Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” We need more and more men and women to take a stand for their marriages, more and more people to not walk away from their unions, but to seek the Lord’s direction and intervention in their marriages.
In the mighty name of Jesus, Lord we speak your blessing over these prayer points. May your anointing be upon all who will make use of these prayer points. May your presence bring resolution into marriages that are on the rocks today.
Father may more and more marriages be built on the rock that is Christ, instead of the sand that is worldly wisdom. Call back husbands’ hearts to their wives, wives’ hearts to their husbands.
Father raise more man into true fatherhood as you had intended it in marriages. Every spirit that rises against marriages, father may you raise a standard against them in Jesus’ name. Amen
Here are our prayer points for marriage. Share them with your loved ones.
Take your concerns to God
I believe if we as a people were able to grasp this simple teaching, many marriages would be saved, many relationships would be repaired. Many men and women across the world are hurting, hurting because of things that were carelessly said, words that were carelessly thrown around.
If I’m speaking to you today, I want you to know that there is healing, there is a balm in Gilead to make your wounded heart whole. That balm is Christ. This message is very personal to me, because Lord knows for the better part of my teenage years I spent time actively breaking relationships for minor reason that are insignificant even when I think of the today. Direct your concerns to God. I drew some principles from all this.
- Never have a relationship outside of God: Regardless of whether it is a companionship, a friendship or dating. Do not go into any of it without bringing God in with you. God should always be a part of it all. It does not matter if the other person does not believe in God.
Think of it this way, if you are married, when you meet a new friend, they don’t have to like your husband/wife or believe in them. Your husband/wife is a part of you, the bible says 2 become one, which is the way it should be in our marriage to God.
When you take God with you into a relationship with a work colleague you close a door for the devil to place you in temptation for an affair. When you take God with you into a relationship with the company or your boss, you know who it is that you really answer to, regardless of whose name is on the pay check.
- Emotions should go through God first: Have you ever said something and then wished you had not said it, perhaps turned around and said “I didn’t mean it.” The sad part is that words, once released can not be taken back.
They sting. Whether it is love, anger or whatever other emotion you may feel towards a person, take it to God first. If your spouse makes you made, do not speak to them about it before you speak to God about it, vent you emotions to God.
When you speak to God he will begin to remind you, that “Vengeance is his” Romans 12:19, “Forgive as the father has forgive you” Ephesians 4:32. When you vent to the Lord, you become more conscious of things that you would have easily overlooked when talking to the person you are mad at, or the person you are in love with.
- Get comfortable crying before God: In any relationship you get into, there is always room for hurt. To truly love is to expose your weakness and be at the mercy of the other person. There is nothing more healing than bearing it all to God when you have been hurt, when you have been lied to.
Get this, when the Shunammite (2 Kings 4:25-)woman ran to Elijah and was met by his servant, she told the servant that all was well even though her child had died. I learned this from Dr. Masiyiwa’s testimony recording, she had been given this child by God.
She had started this with God. God is obligated to fix what he starts with you. She knew it was well because God was the manufacturer, he would honour his warranty. Get comfortable crying before God before you run off crying to man. When your concern reaches God first, he is faithful to go on ahead and deal with the other person before you get to them.
Make a decision today, to never speak to man concerning an issue before consulting God, to never make a decision before consulting him. And finally to never take your concerns before man before taking them before him. Direct your concerns to God.
Father we give you praise for this wonderful teaching, heal our heart today. Grant us grace to start and finish everything with you. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.
God bless you, share this with someone else who needs to hear this message.
Marriage Prayer: Childhood hurt
“It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.” These are the words of Frederick Douglass. I believe that this is an analogy that applies to women as much as it does to men.
There are so many broken men and women who are being put together with other broken men and women and expected to create strong marriages. Father, heal our homes.
Psalm 34: 4
I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
- Father we pray for victims of sexual and physical abuse. Heal them Lord. Take away the scars and bitterness that have been left by these experiences. May they not be carried into their marriages and relationships.
- Lord we pray for parents and guardians. Give them wisdom to raise strong men and women.
- Lord raise strong marriages among us, marriages that the next generation can look up to and aspire to.
- Father we pray that you would raise mentors for our young generation, to show them the way.
- Lord we pray for broken parents and guardians to have the wisdom to not pass down their own hurt and insecurity to the next generation. Heal them father, as they raise these children.
- We pray for children being raised in undesirable situations to be rescued. Make a way for the dear Lord.
- Open our eyes to situations where you can use us to be part of the solution. In Jesus’ name.
- Give us boldness to walk in your will, and show as well as encourage others how to do the same.
Our societies are becoming ones without moderation. Marriages are a wonderful thing, but are being viewed less and less in that light. By the same token, more and more people are entering this sacred union blindly. Either because of the burden of pressure and expectation that exists within our churches.
The Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 7 acknowledges the beauty of marriage but also the ease of single life. It is good to be married, but not mandatory. Not all can be single and live a holy life, but neither can all be married. If you desire marriage, that is a beautiful thing. May the Lord deliver that desire to you, in Jesus’ name.
- Father, let the hearts of the wives be consumed with love and passion for their husbands. May husbands be equally consumed with love and passion for their wives.
- We speak your love into marriages in their formative stages. We speak direction and wisdom into relationships and courtships as they build towards marriage.
2 Corinthians 6:14
- Father we pray that you would raise more and more God-fearing men and women within the church.
- We pray for firm foundations in relationships.
- Raise more wiser men and women to guide the young lovers.
- Open our eyes and guide our choices of mates.
- Father we pray that you would open our eyes as we seek to find ideal mates.
- Give us wisdom to not be swayed by visual desires. There are ways that may seem right to men but will only lead to death. Preserve us oh Lord.
- Father, you command a blessing where there is unity. Bring unity into our relationships.
- We pray for purpose and a shared vision for couples.
- Lord we pray that couples would well and truly become one. Raise us to value, cherish and to love one another.
- Lord make us co-guardians of our spouses’ souls. Give us a true desire to lead them in your way.
- We will be true stewards of the husband or wife that you give us. To bring the best out of them, as they do for us.
- May we love them as you have loved us, without condition but full of sacrifice.
- May our eyes be cast on things above, more than things of this earth.
1 Corinthians 7:9
- Dear Lord, may our desires for marriage be noble.
- Protect us from negative relationships, and protect others from us, where we may be their detractors.
- May our shared desires and vision bring us together in Christ and through him.
- Lord teach us to love like you do.
- May our love be seen in our actions and heard in our words of affirmation to our loved ones.
1 Corinthians 16:14
- May our actions be guided love, in all that we do.
- Lord give us loyal partners to walk through life with, they have become rare.
- Grant us grace to go the extra mile for our loved ones.
With marriages falling apart sooner than ever before, there is a lack of longevity. Our prayer is that the Lord would grant us longevity. Father establish marriages that last long, marriages that are strong and with direction. Let there be marriages that are built on the rock that is Christ. That is our next marriage prayer point.
- Father we thank you for wonderful wives. We pray for longevity. Grace them in their day to day lives for fruitful and fulfilling marriages.
- Grant husbands grace to love and cherish the gift that is their wives.
- May no shame be her portion.
- She will be a source of pride for her husband and her children, in Jesus’ name.
- Lord give us grace to pursue a worthy life partner.
- Show us value, and make us valuable to potential mates.
- Teach us to identify and appreciate one another’s value.
- Lord, you have brought couples together. We pray that you would keep them together.
- Cast away any person that would like to separate marriages.
- Any wedges that seek to separate men and women you brought together, let it be removed in Jesus’ name.
- No man or woman will separate us! We speak strength in marriages in Jesus’ name.
1 Peter 4:8
- Lord teach us to not dwell on one another’s shortcomings, but to love through it all.
- We will love fervently, as Christ loved.
- May our love cover the faults of our loved ones.
- Lord, may we brought together by reverence to you.
- You are the foundation of our relationships.
- Anything that we haven’t built on you, may it not stand.
- We choose to build on the rock that is Christ.
- We submit to our wives and husbands for your glory, oh Lord.
- May our marriages be established and unbreakable.
Healing and renewal
We are going to pray for marriages that are on the rocks, marriages that are falling apart while we remain oblivious. There is nothing too dead for a resurrection. We are praying for those marriages that either spouse or both have given up on.
The bible says when Jesus arrived at Lazarus’ house, Mary and Martha had given up on his life. A healing was impossible, but a resurrection was inconceivable. May the Lord do the inconceivable for your marriage in Jesus’ name. Let love arise!!
- Father soften our hearts. Soften the wives and husbands’ hearts. Cast away all pain and hurt. Cast away all bitterness in Jesus’ name.
- Teach us to forgive, and grant grace to a point where it hurts.
- Father, you have continued to forgive us, may we show that same love to others.
- Heal us of hurt, open our hearts oh Lord.
1 Peter 3:7
- Father we pray for all husbands, give them grace to be of a patient and understanding disposition.
- Father teach husbands to honour their wives.
- Lord, may their weaknesses be strengthened by their wives’ strengths, and their strengths be their husbands’ strengths in Jesus’ name.
- May husbands never look down upon their wives, but view them as equals. In the name of Jesus!
- Let our prayers bear results, in Jesus’ name.
Infidelity is a key factor in the break-up of most marriages. We want to pray for resolution and in marriages that have been marred by infidelity. God can heal in all cases. It is not too late for your marriage. Father, where there is hurt, where there is mistrust, where there has been betrayal, dear Lord, help us.
- Father may our marriages bring you honour. Where we have brought you dishonour, we repent.
- Lord where we have been wronged and taken our eyes off you to focus on our hurt, help us look up to you.
- Where our marriage beds have brought you dishonour, father forgive us.
- Father, forgive us for infidelity on our part, or an unforgiving nature where we have been wronged.
- May your judgement be merciful in Jesus’ name. Amen
- Father may our eyes be in covenant with you. To not look upon others wives and husbands.
- Where we have looked in lust, Lord forgive us.
- Any adulterous desires be cast away in Jesus’ name. Amen
Our mandate is one of fruitfulness on this earth. Our marriages are no exception. Our prayer here is that the Lord would grace us to be fruitful in all that we do. May the Lord birth fruitfulness in our relationships, in our homes, in our businesses and in all else that we set our minds to and put our hands to work on. In Jesus’ name. Amen
- Father we pray for fruitful and fulfilling marriages. Open our eyes to traits in ourselves that may be a hindrance to this.
- Open our eyes to opportunity to sow seed of love and in love.
- May our hearts be consumed by your love, that we would not contain but share the fruit of your love.
The hardest thing that anyone could possibly go through when it comes to relationships is a divorce. Our key marriage prayer is that the Lord would raise up men and women who have fallen down this pit. Let this not be the end, but a new beginning through Christ.
1 Corinthians 7:15
- Father we pray for healing where marriages have been broken by difference in faith. We pray for peace for both parties.
- We pray for children in these situations, cover them oh Lord.
- Let this relationship be one that they carry into their future relationships.
- Soften hearts for peaceful resolutions.
- Let our hearts be filled with humility, whether we were wrong or wronged.
- May meekness be our portion, through Christ.
- Even in divorce, let no hatred develop. May love reign.
PRAYER RELAY MOVEMENT
Our team’s goal is to continue to develop prayer aids that will continue to raise, enrich and to empower prayer warriors across the world. We are always looking to partner with ministries and individuals to achieve this goal. In 2018, we want to reach more people and expand as a team. Get in touch with us:
We also take prayer requests through our website, www.prayerrelay.com , be sure to make use of that. There are a few more resources on there for you.
Originally posted 2017-12-31 19:49:41.
Marriage Prayers – The Key Prayer in marriage is the key to a strong relationship, with each other and with God. Marriage was by God’s design (as shown in Genesis 2:18, 22-25) and shows us that a man and a woman are meant to “become as one”. Their prayers are a continual lifeline of nourishment that preserve this bond.
- Praying together brings couples into agreement as we petition God and thank Him for our blessings.
- Praying together is vital to a lasting marriage.
- Keeping God at the center of your marriage sustains the covenant between you.
Trust the Lord to help you build a healthy marriage with a harmony that goes beyond anything you can imagine without Him. Our partnered prayers result in the following:
- It develops a deeper ability for communication. This is fundamental to a real and long-lasting companionship.
- It provides the way to a humble heart. As we humble ourselves in prayer we are also humbled before our spouses, keeping us open, honest and sincere. This brings us into a closer intimacy with each other and strengthens mutual respect.
- Our marriage will build accountability as we pray together ‘for our marriage’ and the problems that arise. He will show us the solutions for working things out. By submitting ourselves to each other, we develop a deeper trust in our spouses and in the Lord (Ephesians 5:21-26).
- Nothing can be more valuable in the lives of children than the united prayers of their parents. In Matthew 18:19-20 Jesus says “…If two of you agree here on earth concerning anything you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you. For where two or three gather together because they are mine, I am there among them.”
Hebrews 13:4 says “Give honor to marriage, and remain faithful to one another in marriage…” Pray together, and for each other, that you each remain faithful and enjoy the goodness of marriage. Romance is important (read the Song of Solomon together), commitment is vital; honesty is essential and prayer to the Lord necessary. Remember the words of this prayer when you go together before Him. It is by an unknown author, simple and sound.
Marriage Prayers– An Example Lord, help us to remember when we first met and the strong love that grew between us.
To work that love into practical things so nothing can divide us.
We ask for words both kind and loving
And hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.
Dear Lord, we put our marriage into your hands. Amen.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
– We have all
and deserve God’s judgment.
, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him.
, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He
for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was
rose from the dead
according to the
. If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your
, declaring, “
Jesus is Lord
,” you will be saved from
and spend eternity with God in heaven.
What is your response?
Yes, today I am deciding to follow JesusYes, I am already a follower of JesusI still have questions
A Prayer for a Strong Marriage
By Amelia Rhodes
“Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.” (Ecclesiastes 4:12)
Between his work travel, my work travel, two tween children, and a fixer-upper house, sometimes it feels as though we are more like teammates than husband and wife. In fact, we often will fist bump each other as we pass in the hallway with a “go team,” chant.
Keeping a marriage strong in the midst of shuffling schedules and rigorous responsibilities takes intentional effort and a whole lot of prayer.
We can be cruising along for years, even decades, and suddenly realize we’ve created separate lives and a distance in our relationship that we never intended.
Prayer: Father, your greatest command was to love You and love each other (Matthew 22:36-40). You’ve given marriage as a holy relationship that reflects our relationship with You. Show us how to follow your example and set aside our selfishness and pride and humbly serve each other. Help us to be of one spirit and of one mind and value each other above ourselves, looking out for each other’s interests (Philippians 2:2-4). In the midst of our busy lives, help us take time to love each other deeply from the heart, as you have loved us (Ephesians 5:1-2). May the love we have for each other be an example to the world of how You love them and gave Your life for them.
Father, help us not to just go to church on Sunday, but to recognize that your presence goes with us wherever we go. May we know a deep communion with you every day. May our marriage be a place where we grow together and lean on You in every situation. Help us to grow to be more like You every day, having a unity in Spirit, being patient, humble and gentle with each other, and bearing each other’s burdens with Your love and strength. Fill our marriage with Your peace. When a struggle or strife arises, may our first response be to come to You together for help. Help us make talking about You and Your Word a priority. We ask your Spirit to help us understand Your Word and grow together in our love and service to You.
Father, life gets so busy and things can creep into our marriage and cause distance. Help us be intentional in spending time together and reveal things that are creating a chasm in our relationship. Protect us from things that will divide us, whether it be time spent online or a recreational activity or a friendship that is taking away from our marriage. Help us know how to remedy the situation and bring a closeness back into our marriage with You at the center.
Father, enable us to forgive each other as You have forgiven us. Help us not to hold onto bitterness, keep records of wrong, or allow the enemy any foothold in our relationship. Keep our hearts sensitive to You and each other, and move us to the work of reconciliation quickly. When we are wounded, help us be honest with each other and not fear retaliation. Help us to work through our differences in a way that honors You and strengthens our relationship. Help us grow in humility and recognize when we have wounded each other. Give us Your strength to ask for and give forgiveness.
Whether you pray individually or together as a couple, or with a group of friends who support each other by praying for your marriages, may you know the power and peace that comes from laying your burdens at the Father’s feet.
Editor’s Note: Content taken from “5 Things to Pray for Your Marriage” by Amelia Rhodes. You can read that piece in full here. All rights reserved.