Top Letting Go And Letting God Take Control Quotes
Browse top 26 famous quotes and sayings about Letting Go And Letting God Take Control by most favorite authors.
Favorite Letting Go And Letting God Take Control Quotes
1. “A deeper intimacy with God sharpens our awareness of sin, which causes a stronger need for grace and a freer offering of mercy.”
Author: Alisa Hope Wagner
2. “We don’t have to go back to my place, Angel. I can take you home, if that’s what you want. Or, if you decide you want to sleep at my place, on opposite sides of my bedroom with a Do Not Cross line drawn down the middle, I’ll do it. I won’t like it, but I’ll do it.”
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
3. “There was once upon a time a census officer who had to record the names of all householders in a certain Welsh village. The first that he questioned was called William Williams; so were the second, third, fourth…. At last he said to himself: ‘This is tedious; evidently they are all called William Williams. I shall put them down so and take a holiday’. But he was wrong; there was just one whose name was John Jones. This shows that we may go astray if we trust too implicitly to induction by simple enumeration.”
Author: Bertrand Russell
4. “I swear to God the woman sang the whole song, to my face. It was just so awkward, and every time I stood next to her she started singing it again. I thought how that would be like me going up to Britney and singing the whole of ‘Baby One More Time’ in her face. Can you imagine how weird that would be?”
Author: Cheryl Cole
5. “When we look to God as provider, we are surrendering our independence and trusting someone else to meet our needs, over which we have no control. Letting go of our ‘dependence on independence’ and letting someone else take control goes against natural human instinct. We need to fight the urge to take over and just let God be God, because He can provide for us better than we can.”
Author: Corallie Buchanan
6. “I didn’t take the typical path and go to college after high school. Instead, I saved up money from teaching dance classes and moved to L.A. But my family was so supportive – I never felt pressure from them. It’s crucial to find a support system, even if it’s not your family.”
Author: Dianna Agron
7. “They can keep me out’Til I tear the walls’Til I save your heartAnd to take your soulFor what has been doneCannot be undoneIn the evil’s heartIn the evil’s soulSeven devils all around youSeven devils in your houseSee I was dead when I woke up this morningI’ll be dead before the day is doneBefore the day is done”
Author: Florence Welch
8. “If God is real, and I believe he is, then he is outside of nature. He is, therefore, not limited by the laws of nature in the way that we are.”
Author: Francis Collins
9. “Once we have seen Him in a stable, we can never be sure where He will appear or to what lengths he will go or to what ludicrous depths of self-humiliation He will descend in His wild pursuit of men.”
Author: Frederick Buechner
10. “Neither said anything while they embraced. Sometimes words didn’t go far enough, the vessels of letters and the ladles of grammar incapable of holding the heart’s sentiments.”
Author: J.R. Ward
11. “Of course she had some pathetic illusions about herself or she would not be able to go on living.”
Author: Jean Rhys
12. “Marriage is all right. At least the person you’re having a go at is an adult. But motherhood… You’re given something totally dependent, totally in love with you and it doesn’t seem to come with a manual.”
Author: Jerry Pinto
13. “Religion is the organization of spirituality into something that became the hand maiden of conquerors. Nearly all religions were brought to people and imposed on people by conquerors, and used as the framework to control their minds.”
Author: John Henrik Clarke
14. “Prayer should be short, without giving God Almighty reasons why he should grant this, or that; he knows best what is good for us.”
Author: John Selden
15. “These thrill seeker people doing extreme sports…they have a hideous accident, go through agonizing recovery, and then go back to that activity that nearly killed them…that’s not facing your fear, that’s embracing your stupidity.”
Author: Kelli Jae Baeli
16. “Nikolai laughed. “Next time, bring a flask. Every time he changes his mind, take a sip.”I groaned. “I’d be passed out on the floor before the hour was up.”
Author: Leigh Bardugo
17. “I don’t want to wrong anybody, so I won’t go so far as to say that she actually wrote poetry, but her conversation, to my mind, was of a nature calculated to excite the liveliest of suspicions.”
Author: P.G. Wodehouse
18. “I was 11 when I first said I wanted to become an actress, and everyone looked at me as if I had said I wanted to go to the moon.”
Author: Penelope Cruz
19. “He walked as he’d learned to walk, with only a minimal limp, back straight, head held high in confidence rather than cockiness. He walked like a man who had learned to lean into God for whatever strenth he needed.”
Author: Robin Lee Hatcher
20. “Life is to be experienced in totality. Try not to blame others like spouse, parents, friends, fellow beings or situations for any suffering. .. Never allow your vibe to go to a lower level. This way you will attract more and more positive circumstances in your life.”
Author: Sakshi Chetana
21. “My mother was a churchgoing lady, so I always heard about God at home.”
Author: Smokey Robinson
22. “In recent years my understanding of God had evolved into increasingly remote abstractions. I’d come to think of God in terms like Divine Reality, the Absolute, or the One who holds us in being. I do believe that God is beyond any form and image, but it has grown clear to me that I need an image in order to relate. I need an image in order to carry on an intimate conversation with what is so vast, amorphous, mysterious, and holy that it becomes ungraspable. I mean, really, how to you become intimate with Divine Reality? Or the Absolute?”
Author: Sue Monk Kidd
23. “A relationship means you come together to make each other better. It’s not all about you, and it’s not all about them. Its all about the relationship.Support them in their dreams/vision just as much as you would expect them to support you. Make each other better. Challenge each other to go beyond average. Pull out the greatness from within each other.Make sure they can find their biggest fan in you, and you can find yours in them.”
Author: Trent Shelton
24. “I don’t harp on what I could change about the past, because I can’t go back and change it. But definitely a lot of things I would change.”
Author: Vanilla Ice
25. “The love of husband and wife, which is creative of new human life, is a marvellously personal sharing in the creative love of God who brings into being the eternal soul that comes to every human being with the gift of human life.”
Author: Vincent Nichols
26. “HIM THE ONLY REASON TO GO TO SCHOOL!!!
by Jonathan Hawks
Have you ever seen an old Western movie where a stagecoach is out of control because the person holding the reins did not have the strength needed to guide the horses which were frightened and racing away? The stagecoach is speeding off course, perhaps headed for a cliff. Suddenly, the hero comes rushing in on his horse and jumps aboard just in time to take control of the reins and slow the horses down.
Living the Christian life is exactly like that at times. We have the reins in our hands. We are trying to be in control. But things change so quickly. We have financial difficulties, health problems, unrest in our family and home life, or a number of other things that frighten us. It doesn’t take very long before we are racing off into a different direction than we intended, and no matter how hard we try to steer back the right way, we simply cannot do so. We want to, but we do not have the strength we need. It is during these moments that we, too, could be headed for cliffs that we have yet to see.
Recently, I have been dealing with an issue. I’ve been praying about this matter, but I also have been guilty of being afraid and trying to guide it myself. Today, God spoke to me. I read in Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. God plainly tells us that we have no reason to fear.
Do you, too, feel sometimes like everything is out of control…that your life is careening towards a cliff? Remember the old Western movie scene…? The person who was holding onto the reins but unable to control the racing horses had to let go of the reins in order for the hero to grab hold of them and prevent the stagecoach from going over the cliff.
God is right there. He’s ready, willing, and most definitely able to take control and guide you.Click To Tweet
Let loose the reins.
by Jonathan Hawks
Bible Verses about Letting Go and Letting God – Inspirational Scripture Quotes on Letting Go and Letting God Lead, Letting Go of Things, How to Let Go and Let God, How to Let Go and Trust God, How to Let Go and Be Happy! Explore 7 sets of Encouraging & Inspirational Bible Verses about Letting Go – Bible Verses, Scriptures, Quotes & Passages about Letting Go and Letting God, Letting go of Control and Letting God Lead, Trusting God and Trusting God’s Plan as he leads us, and Being Happy, Joyful, Cheerful and Peaceful as we learn to let go of things and leave them in God’s hands. Let’s see what the Bible says about letting go and letting God, and May we all be encouraged, inspired, and motivated to let go and let God today and always.
What does the Bible say about letting go? What does the Bible say about letting things go? What does the Bible say about letting go and let God? What does the Bible say about letting go of burdens, worry, problems, hurt, love, past hurts, people, anger, bad relationships, pain, your past, & the past? We will be exploring these today and in the next few days, by God’s grace handing over our worries, cares, fears, hurts, and everything to God: Letting Go and Letting God Lead in every area of our lives. Scriptures listed below are very Inspiring, Encouraging, Reassuring, Motivational & Uplifting – Powerful & Comforting reminders that we do not need to carry any burdens any more. We can and should instead let go and let God, and truly be at peace, no matter what we may be dealing with, rest assured with the confident hope that God will take care of us, and God will deal with every situation we may encounter. Let Jesus take the wheel! Bible Verses & Quotes below.
Inspirational Bible Verses about Letting Go, Letting God, Letting God Lead – Encouraging Scripture Quotes
(See #7 for Helpful Notes & Scriptures about Letting go of Control, i.e Scriptures on “How to Let Go & Let God”)
Bible Verses about Letting Go of a Relationship; Bible Verses about Letting Go of Anger, Hurt;
Let the Beauty of Jesus be seen in me
#1 Letting Go of Burdens and Trusting God – He knows all and sees all, and His plans for us are GOOD.
Let Go and Trust God. Do not depend on your wisdom or your understanding. Remember, God always sees the big picture. When we trust God with all of our hearts, He always guides, directs, and fills us with His joy and peace.
Proverbs 3:5-6, ESV Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
Jeremiah 29:11, ESV For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Bible Verses about Trusting God, How to Live a Joyful Life – 12 Ways to be Joyful
#2 Letting Go and Letting God – Give it to God, Whatever it is!
Let Go and Let God. Let go of fear, worry & doubt. Let go of burdens. Take your worries, cares and burdens to the Throne of God. Put all your burdens in His able hands, and leave them there. Find rest in the peace, love and presence of God, our loving and caring Father.
1 Peter 5:7, NLT Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
Matthew 11:28, ESV Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Philippians 4:6-7, NLT Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
Bible Verses about Worry & Anxiety, Fear Not Bible Verses
#3 Letting Go of Things, e.g. Hurts, Anger, Pain, & “Stuff”
Ephesians 4:31-32, ESV Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
Ephesians 4:26, ESV Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger,
Proverbs 20:3, NIV It is to one’s honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel.
Matthew 6:19-21, ESV Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Bible Verses about Anger & Anger Management, Bible Verses about Forgiveness,
Bible Verses about Generosity, Greed & Giving, Praying for Peace – When Life Brings Pain and Disappointments
#4 Letting Go of the Past, and Pressing on!
Philippians 3:12-14, ESV Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Proverbs 4:25-27, ESV Let your eyes look directly forward, and your gaze be straight before you. Ponder the path of your feet; then all your ways will be sure. Do not swerve to the right or to the left; turn your foot away from evil.
Bible Verses about Moving On
*Continued on the next page, please scroll down to navigate to the next page.
Want to help?
Get Daily Bible Verses Email – Free Inspirational Daily Devotional (Inspirational Bible Verses & Quotes; Inspirational Scriptures, Passages, Bible Scriptures)
*If you’ve been blessed, please take a minute to share this page with others – See sharing buttons below. Thank you Thank you Thank you for sharing! 🙂
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean NOT on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him, and HE will direct your path.
I might have blogged about this scripture before…i’ll have to go back and re-read what I have. I was just reminded about it again. I’ve known this verse most of my life, but just resently, I’ve started to think about it. All we know…okay, all I know is my life experiences. I’ve got years full of memories – this is my understanding on life – for me. So it’s so easy for me to trust in myself and to know what’s going to work and what isnt. But, this verse is saying something completely different isnt it? Trust in the LORD…he WILL direct your path.
So how do we/I just let go and just trust in God? Ps 119:105 helps give us the answer.
Thy word (bible) is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
Reading and spending time with God is relationship building. The more time I’m with him the more I start to understand and trust in God. The more I read his word, the more I’m feeding my spirit and connecting with HIS Spirit.
The beautiful part of our relationship with God is, he already know us! He saw you before you were conceived!! He’s been there and seen you through every event of your life. He’s seen every tear you shed. He has felt every pain you’ve felt. The question is…have you seeked him out? Through every tear – were you asking for his comfort? Were you relying on him to see you through. He’s here waiting for you. He wants to hear from you. He’s got some amazing plans for you. His thoughts about you are endless – and very positive!!
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you and expected end. Then you will call upon me, and you shall go and pray to me, and I will hear you. You shall seek me, and find me, when you search for me with all your heart.
Keep God as close as you can. Talk to him often, let him speak to you. He’s waiting to hear from you. He’ll be that friend you always wished you had.