Gillian Henriques – Founder
Sisters in Christ Worldwide
So Christmas day has come and gone. What feelings are you left with? As I person who traditionally hides her emotions (rather than let anyone know how I really feel); I find the holidays a real emotional challenge. Cards, commercials, Christmas movies, candle light services, carols, messages of peace and well being; They are all a struggle. And now that the day has gone by for another year, I am feeling emotionally drained.
In my case, the Christmas day festivities were devastated by a severe health issue with one of my sons. Norman Rockwell did not portray a room full of presents accompanied by paramedics, screams and agony. My granddaughter seeing her uncle writhing in a seizure is not what I had planned for this year. How do handle it when life terrorizes our expectations. Perhaps my plans were not realistic? Perhaps something good will come of this? Was God trying to send us a message? I truly believe that God has a plan, and knows every hair on our heads; but I do not believe He was using my son as an instrument of his Words.
Perhaps it’s time to put things in perspective. At this point I need to share that my son is now home and although the reason for his seizure is still unknown; it could have been so much worse. My family was together to face this event (not sure this is a plus, but at least everyone is aware of what we are dealing with). We are fortunate that in our small town, an ambulance and an EMT are only minutes away. The hospital was amazingly not busy, so instant care was available. I thank God that my son was not at his home alone, the thought terrifies me.
So how big a deal is the fact that my perfect day with presents, holiday meal and warm fuzzy feeling disappeared? 2 days out and I am beginning to see through the fog. And I am also wondering why it is that we put so much effort into a couple of days of activity. We celebrate the birth of the Christ child ….can we not celebrate this holy birth at other times as well?
The days after Christmas are statistically high in the suicide rate, and the frequency of crimes. People are so overwrought with the spiraling emotions after such an emotional high (whether experienced or observed).
I am thinking that my thoughts may turn to more year round celebrations. Perhaps setting my expectations to a more realistic level and most importantly…thanking God for what we have, rather than what we want. I pray that all reading this enjoyed a joyful and peaceful holiday. And for those who did not, I remind you of the promises of the Lord, and encourage you to look for the good and give thanks for even the smallest blessing. Our Lord does not abandon us. Look to your family and neighbors and lift them up.
Submitted by Claudia Little
Christians are like the several flowers in a garden that have each of them the dew of Heaven, which, being shaken with the wind, they let fall at each other’s roots, whereby they are jointly nourished, and become nourishes of each other. – John Bunyan
THE BOSS OF THE HOUSE
A little girl said: “Daddy, you’re the boss of the house, right?”
“Yes, sweetheart, “he said, “I’m the boss of the house.”
“And I know why you’re the boss of the house, Daddy.”
“Because Mummy put you in charge.”
Good Morning Lord, this morning we ask for your help and eyes that can see the good in our lives. We may need to search, we do need to listen, and we are your children. In this fact, we thank you for your grace and plea for your mercy. As always, we ask for guidance and for your healing hand to touch those who suffer. May they feel your peace and find the strength to go on. Amen
Thank you for joining us on “GOOD MORNING”.
We hope you will join us tomorrow.
By Gillian Henriques – Founder
Sisters in Christ Worldwide
YOUR DAILY INSPIRATION
“Now faith is the assurance that what we hope for will come about and the certainty that what we cannot see exists” (Hebrews 11:1).
What is it that you hope for today? God is asking of us that we have the assurance that it will come. Even though you cannot see it, God wants you to believe that it does exist.
A story was told in the Bible of a woman who was a harlot. She believed that the God of Israel was going to deliver her country and people into the hands of the Israelites. So she hid some Israelite spies that Joshua had sent ahead to spy out the land and made them promise to spare her and her family in return for her kindness. Because of her faith, she and her household were saved, and she was mentioned in the hall of faith in Hebrews. Her story in Joshua 2.
“By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace” (Hebrews 11:31).
The most amazing thing about this woman is that she did not know the God of Israel; she only heard about Him, yet she believed in the power of God enough to put her life in danger hiding the spies, because she wanted her house to be saved. She believed that what she hoped for would come, so she moved in action in order to get her desires.
“But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?” (James 2:20).
What is it you want today? You must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who diligently seek Him (Hebrews 11: 6). Then you must move in faith to get that which you desire.
Excerpt from Hers to Treasure
Jesus is willing to bless you. The question is, are you ready to receive His blessings? Are you in the right position to have it? If you obey and follow Him, you will never be disappointed. ~Malene Mendoza~
A Spectacular Job
One day a man spotted a lamp by the roadside. He picked it up, rubbed it vigorously, and a genie appeared. “I’ll grant you your fondest wish,” the genie said.
The man thought for a moment, then said, “I want a spectacular job — a job that no man has ever succeeded at or has ever attempted to do.”
“Poof!” said the genie. “You’re a housewife.”
I will move in faith believing that I have the promise.
for joining us on ‘GOOD MORNING’, we hope you will join us again tomorrow.
Side by side or miles apart, sisters are connected with heart.Wish your sister every Morning by Good Morning Wishes. Let the love stay forever with your sister. We have collection of some Good Morning Wishes, Quotes, Messages, Shayaris for Sister.
Cute Good Morning Wishes for Sister
Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do they’ll still there for you. Share her every morning with Good Morning Wishes. We have some collection of Cute Good Morning Wishes, Quotes,Wishes,Shayari,Greetings for Sister.
- Time will fly, things will change, my life will be rooted in memories that I shared with people I saw it all. I love ya.
- I love you, you were there for me, you protected me. And above all, you loved me. We will fight, cry, discuss, but under all of that, love. It exists only in brothers and sisters.
- Laughter and tears, smiles and eyebrows. Everything from dead serious to going around. Ups and downs in life, tornadoes and tingling … You can withstand it completely when you have a sister.
- Being a big sister is to love your brothers. Even if he does not want it, even if he does not love you.
- Many people have told me like my sister. My sister replied, “I am glad that I am doing”. Sys, I love you.
- How do people succeed without sisters?
- Sys, please check with me every time I feel your heart is not with you, since I am that guardian. I love you.
- The sisters are to share laughter and wipe away tears.
- Even if you lose, competing with sisters is better than competing with others, because she takes a hug instead of an insult. I love you.
- Sisters are our first friends, my second mother.
Beautiful Good Morning Wishes for Sister
Sisters don’t need words they have perfected with their secret language of smile get a smile on her face every morning by sending her Good Morning Wishes. We have collection of some Beautiful Good Morning Wishes, Quotes,Shayari,Messages for Sister.
- Sisters are like cats. They always nailed each other, but they still hold a fantasy together hugging each other. I love ya.
- My friend’s sister goes in and out, but my sister’s friends are always there.
- Before his brother fights with his sister, he must always remember what he is wrong. This is what I learned from years with you. I love you.
- My sisters shared my childhood memories and brought up my dreams.
- Sys, as I grow up, many things will change except one … my love for you.
- I have never made someone my best friend already. I already have it and she is my sister.
- The sisters caught you with advice and hugs when life breaks you into what you do not want. I love you.
- Sister is a way of God to prove that we do not want to walk alone.
- A friend laughs you, and a loved one makes you smile. But after all the dust has calmed down, the sisters remain original to wipe your tears. I love ya.
- My sisters shared my childhood memories and nurtured my dreams.
Best Good Morning Wishes for Sister
When you were alone she was by your side.when you were not happy she make you smile.Now let you make her smile by sending Good Morning Wishes. We have collection of Some Best Good Morning Wishes, Quotes,Messages, Greetings for Sister.
- My sisters have salt in their foods, water is fish, nights are never what they are in the night. I love you.
- Sisters are perhaps the most competitive relationship in the family, but once the sisters grow up it becomes the strongest relationship.
- Sisters are a special type of angel that draws out your best qualities.
- The sisters most often reflect their brothers, except that they are more mature. Please love you.
- I share memories with my sisters who helped me in my life’s progress, so I know that fate and destiny are by my side. I love you.
- My sisters shared my childhood memories and nurtured my dreams.
- Dear sister, you are the only person in the whole world, I know me better than I know myself. I love you.
- My sisters are against your mirror and you.
- When God gave you an older sister, it means that you sent an angel to the agent to see over you. I love ya.
- If you go on a trip and fall in your life, I will be there to help you after laughing.
If you have nothing in life but a Loving Sister you’re rich. Create never ending love and wish your sister through sharing these Good Morning Wishes, Quotes, Messages, Shayari, Greetings and also we have collection of Good Morning Wishes for Teachers.
Текст песни “The Puppini Sisters – Good Morning”
Good morning, Good morning, We’ve danced the whole night through Good morning, Good morning, to you Good morning, Good morning, It’s great to stay up late Good morning, Good morning, to you When the band began to play The stars were shining bright Now the milkman’s on his way It’s too late to say goodnight So good morning, good morning, Sunbeams will soon smile through Good morning, Good morning, to you When the band began to play The stars were shining bright Now the milkman’s on his way It’s too late to say goodnight So good morning, Sunbeams will soon smile through Good morning, Good morning, to you Good morning, good morning, It’s too late to say goodnight So say good morning