Here, we have a prayer for family to ask for God’s help in strengthening a family’s bond. Sometimes, members of our families can be the cause of a lot of stress and worry.
Bring them closer to yourself, and God with this family prayer.
Prayer to Keep Family Together
Say this prayer to help bring your family closer together. Make sure to say the names of any family member you want included in the prayer. Your husband (or wife), sons, daughters, father or mother.
Use this prayer, and write your own at the bottom of this page.
A Prayer for Family
Please shine your light upon my family.
Give us strength to overcome all of the
difficulties that we are dealing with now
and protect us against any and all problems
we may encounter in the future.
O Lord, please bring us together as we
are meant to be. May the love that binds
us only grow stronger as we fulfill the destiny
you have laid out for us.
Grant my family forgiveness for any sins we
have committed. May we also forgive one
another Lord, as it is sometimes difficult to do.
Bless us Lord,
In your name I pray, Amen
Bible Verses about Family
“For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.”
Check out what the bible has to say about family with these Bible Verses.
Family is an important part of one’s life, and is also very important to God. From Adam and Eve onward, God made humans to be together with love to guide and support one another. Through prayer we can make our families stronger.
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “A Prayer for Family”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- God’s Divine Intervention- Dear GOD, In Jesus name, please rescue me husband from his unemployment problems. He is so depressed and he has done everything he can, I… …
- Wisdom and strength- Lord help my family to stability, love, and wisdom. I Pray in the name of Jesus Christ that in 2019 I will be debt free,… …
- Salvation and restoration- Brethren’s, pray with me that God will crown my husband Charles and my children with his salvation and bring restoration to our broken relationship in… …
- Everyday Strength- Lord, thank you for all the blessings that you continue to give me and my family every day. Forgive us on all our sins. Trials… …
- Lord, I ask you to bring my family- Lord, I ask you to bring my family together through your love and glory destroy their doubts and ignorance with true love and supreme power. …
- For my daughter‘s salvation- For my daughter‘s salvation Christie, Melinda, and Mary. My son in laws salvation to Keith and Dustin!!! My husband Tom would not be so negative… …
- God’s Divine Intervention- Dear God In Jesus name,please forgive my sins and my husband’s sins. Please help my husband gets a job offer in a urgent manner. Also… …
- Our children- Please pray for our family, my husband’s ex has cursed us in every way to put his 3 children he’s barred with her against us.… …
- Pray for my son- Dear Father God Thank you for your patience with our restless existence. Weighing most on my mind is my second son. I pray humbly that… …
- Be coming closer to god- Lord, sometimes I feel weak and feel like I can go on but I know your son Jesus walks with me I just need you… …
- Defeat the spirit of lust- Dear Lord, I thank you that I can come to you in prayer and in faith that you are in me. The bible says that… …
- Prayer for family and strength- Pray to bring my family together in peace, love, joy, and forgiveness. Pray for my father’s health, let him be well and in good health,… …
- For my husband- Dear lord I’m praying for my husband and the relationship with our children, I know it’s been difficult over this last 18months with our eldest… …
- Immigration help- I’m Praying that my husband and daughter come to Orlando this month they are in Haiti please pray for us to be together soon. …
- God’s Divine Intervention- Dear God, In Jesus name please help my husband and I. We are so afraid of my husband not obtaining a job and me with… …
- Struggling as a Caretaker- Please pray for me as I struggle with anxiety and stress in my role as my elderly mother’s sole caretaker while also working full time.… …
- Family/future- Please pray for my mother. Aches & pains that go along with her age of 77. I thank God she has recently recovered from pneumonia… …
- Safe journey- Pray for a safe journey for my son and family as they travel to and from Michigan Jan 16 – Jan 21. …
- Broken children- Dear Lord, please heal the rifts that separate my 5 adult daughters. Send your Holy Spirit to touch their hardened hearts and make my family… …
- Togetherness of Family- My Family Love of God And Living Togetherness with and Harmony …
More prayers posted in: Family
God Help Me – Getting Rid of Fear and Anger
Each one of us has a particular level at which our emotions overflow and we cry out, “God help me!” We may have just received disappointing results to a medical test or some devastating news from a family member. Our emotions are a mess! We don’t know if we’re angry, panicked, scared, fearful of the future…we do know that we can’t continue on our own strength.
Sometimes these emotions are too much for us to handle and they spill onto others. When first diagnosed with cancer, I was fearful of going blind. I vented anger at my caretakers. Did you ever notice that fear and anger are siblings? Harsh words are exchanged between individuals, fearing betrayal in their relationships. Fear concerning a medical test generates anger when cancer is confirmed. It doesn’t even matter if the anger/fear is clearly justified…it still continues to ferment.
Destructive fear (worry, panic, suspicion) is generated from anticipation of the unknown. We all like to be in control of our circumstances. (And doesn’t it just make you angrier when you can’t be in control?) But when I compared my minimal human capabilities to that of an all-knowing, all-powerful, all-present God, I surrendered my control. Suddenly my fears (and anger) diminished (Psalm 131:1-2).
God Help Me – Finding a Life That’s Worth Living
When you cry out, “God help me,” do you believe that there is a more fulfilling life ahead? A relationship with a dedicated and loving Heavenly Father changes your worldview from a temporary to an eternal perspective (2 Corinthians 4:17-18). The relationship that you develop through knowing God’s Son, Jesus Christ, as your Lord and Savior renews you mentally and physically.
You can’t change the world around you until you change your world. We can choose to live in disobedience to God’s plans — living in sin (Romans 3:23). Or we can ask for forgiveness and thank Jesus Christ for sacrificing His life as payment for our sins.
“This includes you who were once so far away from God. You were his enemies, separated from him by your evil thoughts and actions, yet now he has brought you back as his friends. He has done this through his death on the cross in his own human body. As a result, he has brought you into the very presence of God, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before him without a single fault” (Colossians 1:21-22).
By accepting Jesus as Lord of our lives we are born again — members of God’s family — with the guarantee of eternal life in heaven. “For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16).
God Help Me – Making the Right Choice
God is eager to help you (Romans 5:6-11). He loves you so much and doesn’t want you to go through this trial alone.
All you need to do is believe. Pray a simple, sincere prayer: “Heavenly Father, I believe Your Son Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sin and was raised from the dead. I confess and ask forgiveness for my sins. Thank You for forgiving me and loving me. Help me to live a new life that pleases You, as a new creation in Christ Jesus. Sustain me through this circumstance. It is bigger than me and I can’t do it without You. In Jesus’ name, amen.”
If you decided to become a child of God today, welcome to His family. He will never leave you. Hebrews 13:5: “For God has said, ‘I will never fail you. I will never forsake you.’”
As a way to grow closer to Him, the Bible tells us to follow up on our commitment.
- Get baptized as commanded by Christ.
- Tell someone else about your new faith in Christ.
- Spend time with God each day. It does not have to be a long period of time. Just develop the daily habit of praying to Him and reading His Word. Ask God to increase your faith and your understanding of the Bible.
- Seek fellowship with other followers of Jesus. Develop a group of believing friends to answer your questions and support you.
- Find a local church where you can worship God.
Did you become a follower of Jesus today? Please Click YES! or NO Are you already a follower of Jesus? Please Click Here
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
– We have all
and deserve God’s judgment.
, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him.
, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He
for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was
rose from the dead
according to the
. If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your
, declaring, “
Jesus is Lord
,” you will be saved from
and spend eternity with God in heaven.
What is your response?
Yes, today I am deciding to follow JesusYes, I am already a follower of JesusI still have questions