We know we still have so many things to do.
We have dreams that should come to pass, goals to be achieved, desires to be granted, lives to impact, work to do, money to make and many other things we use our precious time for.
And, oh! We can’t afford to be weak!
We can’t afford to break down!
We mustn’t lose strength!
Often times than not, prayers perform a lot of wonders than we think they do.
Your words of prayers, today, can go a long way in giving strength to that special someone you believe shouldn’t get weak. As you offer prayers for them in your heart, letting them know you remember them in your prayers by sending a powerful prayer text is so sweet.
I trust you to make a beautiful choice from the list of messages we’ve prepared for you.
Please, do share with others.
- 1 Religious Prayer for Strength
- 2 Awesome Prayers for Strength
- 3 Biblical Prayer for Strength
- 4 Godly Prayer for Strength
- 5 Inspiring Prayer for Strength
- 6 A Prayer for Strength
- 7 A Prayer for Strength and Encouragement
- 8 A Prayer for Strength to Endure
- 9 Additional Prayer Resources
- 10 Strengthen my Body
- 11 Strengthen my Mind
- 12 Strengthen my Relationships
- 13 Strengthen the Weak
- 14 Strengthen the Church
- 15 Strengthen my Belief in You
- 16 Strengthen the Lost
- 17 Strengthen my Spirit
- 18 Prayer for Strength
Religious Prayer for Strength
1. I pray that the Lord grant you strength in all of your ways. May you not fall by the way. You will continually move from strength to strength. And may you always be happy. In Jesus name.
2. Make you always wake up strengthened for each day. Weariness is not your portion, in the name of Jesus. You will never be tired, even after all you want has been achieved, in Jesus name.
3. Your strength will never fail you. You will always remain strong to forge through each day. The joy of the Lord in your life will be your strength, always, in Jesus mighty name.
4. It’s a new day. The mercies of the Lord are new every day. And today, His mercy will speak for you and grant you strength to go through today and days to come, in the name of Jesus.
5. Those who wait upon the Lord will have their strength renewed. And because you trust the Lord, you will get new strength for each day. You will never fail, in the mighty name of Jesus.
6. Strength for each new day is what I pray for you. You will always have reasons to go through each day because of the strength the Lord will bestow on you. And may you never get weak. In Jesus name.
7. Some days can be so tough, one would want to give up. But I pray that the Lord grants you the fortitude to go through each day as it comes. You are strengthened, by the power of the name of Jesus.
8. May the good Lord in His infinite mercies, grant you the power to go through today and all the travails of life. May you never lose focus, in Jesus name.
9. Even when the times are harsh, you will have the power that will make you never throw in the towel. You will love to go through each day, knowing that you have divine backing. In the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
10. Truly, it isn’t easy to live in a world like ours. It really takes divine strength to remain standing. I pray for you, dear, that you receive that strength. And that strength will help you never to give up on living, in the name of Jesus.
Awesome Prayers for Strength
11. Live through each day believing that God is the strength. And once you live with this belief, even tough days will seem fun for you. May the sufficient strength of God abound to you in the name of Jesus.
12. Once the heart is strengthened it will be easy to go through even tough days. And you know, dearest that God is the strength of our heart. So give him your heart for strength and I trust God that you’ll never be let down in Jesus name.
13. You will never be sick. You will never be weak. You will never fall. You will never be weary. In the powerful name of Jesus. You will always remain strong and your strength will never fail you. In Jesus name, I pray, Amen.
14. I believe you trust in the Lord and you have your anxieties cast on Him. I pray that you will not have reasons to think that your prayers are not answered. He never fails and He won’t begin with you dear. He’s your strength. In Jesus name, we pray, Amen.
15. The Lord will hold you up in His arms and you can be assured that stumbling is not for you. And that strength to go through all sort of situations will constantly be yours. He will surely provide for you, strength and courage for each day, in Jesus name.
16. In the name of Jesus, the Lord will strongly uphold you with His strong arms lest you dash your foot against any stone. He shall preserve and grant you the ability to scale through tough circumstances, Amen.
17. Grace and strength for each passing day will be granted unto you. The devil has lost his hold on you, therefore you can’t stumble, in the precious name of Jesus, Amen.
18. Strength from above can go a long way in making a day fulfilled. I pray you receive this strength for this day and for days to come, in Jesus mighty name. You are strong, dear!
19. And the Lord will grant unto you, strength beyond your comprehension. Nations you know not will rise for your cause and you shall not be weak in Jesus name.
20. May you have the strength to resist the works of Satan, today and beyond. May you become the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, in His mighty name we pray, Amen!
Biblical Prayer for Strength
21. May His strength never leave you and may you continue shining like the light God has made you. May His face shine on you even as you go about your daily activities in Jesus name.
22. Today, May God strengthen you and may all things work in your favour. May you obtain favour, even before men and those you know not, in Jesus name, Amen!
23. There is no need to give in to negative thoughts, today as the Lord himself will dwell in your heart and thoughts and strengthen you beyond your thinking. You are blessed in Jesus mighty name, Amen!
24. Daily, you will live life in its entirety. You will not just exist, but live, because as surely as the Lord lives, your strength will never fail you. In Jesus name, Amen! Go, and end it in thanksgiving.
25. Even at moments when you have a broken heart with a groaning spirit, trust in God. His Grace is sufficient and His strength never fails. And He’ll provide you with His strength from above in Jesus name.
26. Commit each day into the Lord’s hands and see how he’ll rise for your cause and strengthen you. This should be the order of your day. God first. And divine strength will be yours, in Jesus name.
27. The Lord knows you, even more than you know yourself and He, in fact, knows when you weak. And because He loves you, He’ll provide you with strength lest you fall, in Jesus name, Amen!
28. Christ died and rose again and so we have life and strength to go through even tough times. May you receive the manner of strength that will leave you dazed and wanting more in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!
29. You only have to believe, and His divine strength is yours because He never fails and He’ll give to you according to your request. In the name of Jesus.
30. Our God never sleeps nor slumbers and He has His eyes on you. He’ll be your strength and your backbone and you shall not be weary in Jesus name.
Godly Prayer for Strength
31. He cares for the sparrow, so He’ll never leave those He has created in His own image in their down moments. He’ll definitely provide strength, and you shall give Him thanks, in Jesus name.
32. Don’t stop believing. Keep looking on to Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith. He will surely provide for you, strength, even more than you deserve and you will have cause to eventually praise Him, in the name of Jesus.
33. Rather than worry, pray! Keep trusting Him because the strength of those who wait upon the Lord will be renewed and there’s nothing they won’t have the strength for. He’ll be your strength, in Jesus name.
34. Don’t be afraid nor fearful. The Lord will definitely show up for you, even when you least expect. He’ll show that He’s your God, over and over. And strength will be yours, in Jesus mighty name. Amen!
35. All things will work for your good as long as you trust the Lord for strength and He’ll give it to you. He will give you strength whenever you need it, in Jesus name.
36. The Lord Almighty will provide for you, strength from above that defies man understanding. You will never have cause to be weak, now and ever. In the name of Jesus.
37. No matter what you are struggling with, the Lord will always show up for you, strong. You will always have reasons to rejoice and praise our Saviour. So shall it be. In Jesus name, we pray.
38. It doesn’t matter what you think is gonna overcome you because it won’t. The Lord is near and he wouldn’t test you more than you can withstand. You only have to trust God and He’ll provide you with strength beyond your understanding, in the name of Jesus.
39. He will always be with you, as your guide, guarding your footsteps and strengthening you, because He’s a mighty God. His strength, He’ll give to you, in Jesus name, Amen.
40. You shouldn’t be scared of breaking down because you can’t because your trust is in the all-powerful God and He never lets down. So I decree that you receive strength from the Lord, now. In the precious name of Jesus Christ, Amen!
Inspiring Prayer for Strength
41. A city on the hill that cannot be hidden, that’s what He calls you. A person of strength as long as you dwell in His secret place. I pray for divine strength in all your endeavours. By the power in the name of Jesus.
42. God’s plan for you will definitely manifest and I pray He grants you strength in fulfilling His plans and purpose for you. You will never fail Him, because He will be your strength, in the name of Jesus.
43. The uncreated creator will be your strength in all of your deeds. He will always be with you and you will know that He alone is God because His strength never fails. His strength will keep you up and standing, I pray in Jesus name.
44. After it all ends, you will have reasons to praise God. This is because you will realize that Him alone stood up for you in all that you went through and that he was and still is your support and strength, in the name of Jesus we pray.
45. His strength doesn’t fail. His word doesn’t change. He won’t leave nor forsake you, especially at times when you need Him most because He’s faithful and true to His words. His strength will abide with you, in the name of Jesus.
46. He will show up as your strength, your ever-present help in times of trouble in the name of Jesus. His strength doesn’t fail and He’ll see you through all phases of your life, for we pray, in the name of Jesus.
47. There’s no one like our God who doesn’t let His own fear and does not let harm come their way. Even when times get hard, He proves He’s God and their strength. I pray this God will show forth, and silence your enemies and give strength to you, in the name of Jesus.
48. Strength to go through it all will the Lord give to you, even more than you desire. And things will go well and smoothly for you, as the Lord God liveth, in Jesus name.
49. The good Lord will watch over you and keep you from harm’s way. He will give you strength to walk through dark valleys of life, and you will not fall by the roadside in Jesus name.
50. Surely as God lives, His eyes of protection will never leave you and you will not lose sight of Him. He will be your guide, strength and refuge in all situations and hard times in the name of Jesus, Amen!
- Written By Oluwashanu Mayowa.
Have you ever needed supernatural strength to face a situation head-on, but not known what to pray? God is waiting and wants to offer us strength in time of need. Do not be afraid to pray and ask God for His strength to fall upon you! When you are weak, weary or unready to stand, and unsure of what to ask, pray along with these words!
A Prayer for Strength
Lord, I’m weary. My energy is sagging, and my motivation is lagging. And I am so in need of you. I need your strength and your fresh touch to get back on track again. Your Word says the joy of the Lord is my strength. If that’s true, then I need your joy to replace all the bone-tired parts of my mind, body, and soul.
The pressures of life sometimes push me into a corner, rendering me helpless to move forward. A hundred voices call my name, and I feel paralyzed at times to answer, not knowing where to turn. Lord, help me not to quit, to keep running the race faithfully, and to find strength in that safe, secret place of yours, under the shadow of the Almighty.
I need your strength to say no when I’m tempted to surrender to harmful things, or when selfishness clings to my clothes and won’t let go. I need your strength to say yes, when cowardice and fear nudge me to deny the convictions of my heart. I need your strength to reach out in love to those both close to me and all around me. When don’t I need your strength, God?
You are my rock, and I run to you today, believing that you will lift up my heavy arms, that you will fuel me for the tasks you’ve given me, and that your joy will completely consume the weakness of my life and make me strong again. I don’t want to stay grounded, crippled by limitations and failed attempts. I’m tired of feeble efforts. Lord, I want to mount up with wings like an eagle and not just fly. I want to soar.
SEE ALSO: A Prayer for When You Feel All Alone
Renew my strength, Lord. Fill me with your supernatural power to overcome each obstacle in my path. With my eyes on you, Lord, with you walking beside me, working through me, I can make it. Thank you, Lord!
In Jesus’s name, Amen
A Prayer for Strength and Encouragement
Lord, like David, I need your encouragement in a time of trial and anguish. Thank you that you are always on the throne, always my God, ready to save. Thank you for being the same God to me that you were to David. Thank you for always being near and always rescuing me from my fears and hurts. Lord, help me remember that daybreak might be just ahead, that this trial will not last forever. Fill me with hope that daybreak is coming and that your love will always prevail! In Jesus’ Name, Amen!
~ A Good Thing Devotional
SEE ALSO: A Prayer for When You’re Hurting: 10 Verses of Comfort for Tough Times
A Prayer for Strength to Endure
Lord, I am weary and don’t know when this “race” will end in my life. I feel like I’ve been running forever, trying to outrun this trial. Help me to stop trying to outrun my pain but rather run with endurance the race you have set before me. I know that because of you I am ultimately a victor over the trials in my life. I know that nothing in this world can separate me from your steadfast love. Please give me a measure of your love today; give me the strength to endure this trial. Thank you for your love for me that never ends! And thank you for the crown of joy that awaits me forever in your Kingdom!
~ Adrian Rogers, Love Worth Finding
What are you praying for strength for today? Join our large praying community in the comments below and experience the power, hope, and comfort of being joined in prayer!
Here are more Prayers for Strength when you need God to lift you up in hard times!
SEE ALSO: A Prayer for Stillness When Life is Rushed
Additional Prayer Resources
Here is a collection of some of our favorite Bible verses about the promises of God’s strength. May these give you hope and encouragement to persevere with a bold confidence! Find the complete list at BibleStudyTools.com’s Scripture page.
- “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.” ~ Isaiah 40:29
- “those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” ~ Isaiah 40:31
- “But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” ~ 2 Corinthians 12:9
- “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” ~ Psalm 46:1
- “The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him. The LORD is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.” ~ Psalm 28:7-8
Rebecca Barlow Jordan is an inspirational author, speaker, and passionate follower of Jesus who loves to encourage others heart to heart. She has written 11 books and over 1700 other articles, greeting cards, and other inspirational pieces. Her daily devotional Daily in Your Presence is available for delivery through Crosswalk.com. You can find out more about Rebecca at www.rebeccabarlowjordan.com.
Publication date: August 4, 2015, Updated: January 22,2018
This article is part of our larger Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can’t find the words to pray.
Prayer for Healing
Prayer for StrengthPrayer for ProtectionMorning PrayersGood Night PrayersSerenity PrayerA Birthday PrayerSinner’s PrayerPrayer for ForgivenessPrayer for GuidanceIntercessory PrayerPrayer for PeacePrayer for FaithPrayer for Love
Now available is our new Daily Prayer devotional! An easy way to find start your day with prayer, read today’s prayer and sign up to receive by email.
I thought it would be beneficial to write an “ULTIMATE” Strength Prayer. We all need strength in so many aspects of our lives. This isn’t a prayer that will be all-encompassing, but is thorough in many aspects. You can pray it all together or just pray each part as necessary. I hope this prayer will help you speak directly to God and help you pray for strength where you are weak.
Gracious and loving heavenly Father,
You pour your blessings out upon us, even on me, a sinner. Father I’m not worthy of the love you so freely give, but I thank you for your faithfulness. I thank you for all you have done for me, but I come to you weak and broken, asking for strength.
Strengthen my Body
Father, please strengthen my body. Although I’m perfectly created in your image, I am broken by the long walk of life. I struggle with fatigue, injury, and disease Lord, and I ask that if it be your will, heal me from my affliction.
Lord I ask for a strong body capable of doing physical labor and travel that is necessary to further your kingdom. Give me the opportunity to perform tasks and favors that require physical strength to accomplish. Please equip me with the endurance necessary to complete the mission. Allow me to treat my body like a temple that is holy and pleasing to you. I pray that you give me strength and cure me from what plagues my body.
Strengthen my Mind
God I ask for you to strengthen my mind. I pray that you give me focus when I’m dealing with everyday tasks. Please give me the ability to think clearly and logically, and make me productive while planning my approach to things.
Please give me the capacity for learning more. I want to be a continuous learner of things that will make me a better person and better Christian. Help me to value knowledge and wisdom. If it be your will, give me wisdom like Solomon, so I can have the ability to discern and make wise decisions. I pray that I make choices with my thoughts, words, and actions that honor you.
And finally when I worship, allow me to fixate my mind on you. Allow me to channel my focus towards pleasing and honoring you.
Strengthen my Relationships
Heavenly Father I pray that you strengthen my relationships. Allow the interactions I have with other people to be meaningful and growing. I pray that I can be a true friend to people, reflecting love in a way that would honor you.
I pray for the relationships with the people I consider family. Please bring us closer as a group, so that there are no boundaries or divides between us. Make the bond between each person so strong that it cannot be broken by temptation or mistakes. Help us to have a common focus and have the resolve to keep each other accountable.
Please bless the relationships I have with my friends. You have put each of these people in my life for a purpose God. Help me to be active in maintaining these relationships and give us the ability and willingness to stay in communication. Allow us to learn from one another, help one another, grieve with one another, and trust one another.
God I pray for my church family, that which I attend and the church as a whole. May we work together to form a relationship that reflects your love for the church. We should let nothing get between us and the promises you have made for us. Help us to be accountable to one another and as your word says:
“As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.” – Proverbs 27:17
Allow us to sharpen each other. Help us to find synergy in our abilities and actions, so that we multiply our contributions to the kingdom of God.
Strengthen the Weak
Lord I pray that you strengthen the weak, people who feel overwhelmed, fatigued, oppressed, or those who are struggling with all the temptations and struggles of everyday life. It can feel like life sends a flood our way at the worst possible times, finding us unprepared and powerless. I pray to lift up anyone who feels like they are weak. Please help these people find victories over their emotional, physical, and spiritual weaknesses.
Strengthen the Church
Please strengthen your church, God. You established the church as a place where believers could gather to worship you and learn about you. It is a place for fellowship and a fortress where your people can gather to prepare to enter the mission field.
I pray father to lift up the people who make the church operate. Please be with the ministers who deliver messages and scripture, give them a direct connection with you and with the congregation so it is your words flowing through the ministers directly to the people. Please be with the worship leaders who set a tone for a service through song and music. Give them creativity and inspiration so as to inspire us as we engage with you. Also be with those members who serve in other ways. Fulfill their hearts to know that there is faithfulness in diligent work that helps the church succeed.
Help the church be effective in witnessing to people who do not believe in you. Allow different physical churches to work together to strengthen the whole “church” of believers in you.
Strengthen my Belief in You
Loving and precious father I pray that you give me strength. Strengthen my belief in you and deepen my faith. Help me to be unwavering when I am approached by critics or non believers. Please give me a passion for you that will not be broken by public opinion or current events. Help me to have a steadfast belief that you are in control.
Father please give me an opportunity to share my beliefs and faith with others. I pray that you give me the words to say when the possibility comes. Give me the confidence to have no fear. Please protect me from the harmful words or judgement that can come with rejection, and comfort me to know that sharing my faith is my duty as a believer. I know it will be hard and uncomfortable, but please be with me and lay a hand on my shoulder to know I’m not alone.
Please let me have such a strong witness in my actions and words that people trust me and look to me for advice. May I be a modern day disciple for you.
Strengthen the Lost
God I pray that you give strength to the lost. Father we know that you have a heart that wants to be a dynamic part of every single person’s life. Today I lift up the people who do not know you or who reject you outright. Father please guide them in a way that they cannot deny the signs that you are alive and working throughout this world.
Help guide people so they have opportunities to learn. Send people their way to have positive interactions with them. Give them an opportunity to worship. Provide for them in ways that only you can. Help people who do not believe step beyond their current self and recognize they can be a part of something everlasting.
Strengthen my Spirit
Please Lord, strengthen my spirit. I pray that you would give me a spirit that is uplifting and I pray that my spirit shines so bright that it is contagious to others. Please give me a spirit that is so deep rooted in my heart so that it is uninfluenced by petty things and unshakable in times in trouble. I will encounter all kinds of people and circumstances that will test me, but may my spirit have the perseverance to not be brought down by any person.
Please give me the opportunity to be a trusted confidant for other people. May my spirit be so strong that other people look to me to gain strength to rekindle their spirit. Bring us comfort and inject passion into our lives.
Most of all God I pray that you please save my soul. I believe in you and you alone. Please lift my spirit as you did your Son. May I be more like the Holy Spirit and be dedicated to you. Change my life forever and lead my life.
I pray all these things in the name of Jesus, who came to this earth, lived a sinless life, but yet willingly hung from a cross to sacrifice himself on my behalf, Amen.
Prayer for Strength
Jehovah Rapha, I come before Your throne of Grace and Mercy, asking that You keep me safely wrapped in Your loving arms, from the harsh, cruel reality of this world. I am struggling, Oh Heavenly Father. I feel so weak, tired and weary, fighting these trials and tribulations that have been placed before me, for me to emerge a better, stronger, wiser and more equipped disciple of You.
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isaiah 40:29 Click To Tweet
Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
I pray for revitalizing strength, Dear God, that glorious boost of power to continue on life’s journey. Let it bubble in my soul so that I never give up, so that I never lose hope and faith in You. I trust You, Lord. I lay my life before You, surrendering my body, my heart, my soul and my all to You.
Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
Psalm 119:28 My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.
Majestic Savior, my Prince of Peace, guide me accordingly, lead me to the cross so that I may have eternal life and have it more abundantly. Revive me when I feel as though I can’t go on, pick me up whenever I fall, be by my side whenever I call. Hold me close and never let me go. Be that strength that I crave and yearn for, boost my soul within. In Jesus’ mighty name, all that I pray for shall come to pass. Amen and Amen!
Majestic Savior, my Prince of Peace, hold me close and never let me go. Click To Tweet
Ephesians 6:10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
I’m a young Christian, from South Trinidad, seeking the wisdom of the Word and God’s blessings on my life. A journey, that’s just begun, but living to the Glory of God.