Through our Prayers; these Christian prayers written by us and by others, we hope to provide the opportunity for hope in your life and solutions to your deliverance, healing, financial and personal needs and problems through our Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.
An alphabetical list of all our Prayers:
- 2018: A Word for Jamaica & the World
- 28 Days to Transform Your Thinking
- 4 Prayers of Release from the Powers of Witchcraft
- 6 Prayers for Today
- A 12 Step Personal Prayer Plan
- A Bedtime Prayer
- A Breakthrough Prayer
- A Child’s Voice and The Presence of God
- A Christmas Prayer!
- A Daily Dose of Vitamin “H”
- A Daily Prayer
- A Daily Prayer
- A Daily Prayer (Extended Version)
- A Daily Prayer (for Children’s Use)
- A Daily Prayer (Head of Household)
- A Declaration for Pure Worship
- A Decree for the Soul of America!
- A Decree for your Healing today!
- A Dedication Prayer for 2019
- A Dream of Deliverance, Healing & Prayer for Your Loved Ones
- A Dream of Hell and The Lake of Fire
- A Fresh Baptism of Fire from Heaven
- A Hymn of Praise
- A Jesus Generation
- A Message to the American Church
- A Mother’s Prayer of Blessing For Her Children
- A New Season of Enrichment & Enjoyment
- A Personal Prayer
- A Personal Prayer of Protection
- A Personal Prayer of Submission
- A Prayer Against All Enemy Actions
- A Prayer Against Financial Thieves and Scammers
- A Prayer Against Terrorism in the Nations
- A Prayer Against the Enemy
- A Prayer Against the LORD’s Enemies
- A Prayer and Decree for America
- A Prayer for a Broken Spirit
- A Prayer for America
- A Prayer for California and its Vaccination Program
- A Prayer for Divine Solutions
- A Prayer for Fasting for Prodigals
- A Prayer for Habitation
- A Prayer for Healing, Today
- A Prayer for Help and of Submission
- A Prayer For His Takeover
- A Prayer for Hong Kong
- A Prayer for Hong Kong and China
- A Prayer for Humility
- A Prayer for Iraq
- A Prayer for Israel
- A Prayer for Israel and My Country
- A Prayer for Jerusalem
- A Prayer for Justice
- A Prayer for Kavanaugh
- A Prayer for Kenya’s Transportation System
- A Prayer for Last Days Believers
- A Prayer for Mother’s Day
- A Prayer for Mothers at Christmas time
- A Prayer for Pakistan in this Time of Need
- A Prayer for President Trump
- A Prayer for Someone…
- A Prayer for Spiritual Protection
- A Prayer for the Church in America
- A Prayer for the Nations
- A Prayer for the Pastors
- A Prayer for the United States of America…
- A Prayer for the USA and Your Nation
- A Prayer for this Season
- A Prayer for Those who Abuse their Power
- A Prayer for those who need to stand!
- A Prayer for those with Unsaved Adult Children
- A Prayer for You
- A Prayer of Blessings and Healing
- A Prayer of Commitment
- A Prayer of Commitment to God
- A Prayer of Protection
- A Prayer of Protection for Halloween
- A Prayer of Repentance
- A Prayer of Repentance for America
- A Prayer of Restoration!
- A Prayer of Surrender
- A Prayer of Thanks to the Lord
- A Prayer of Thanksgiving & Praise
- A Prayer of the Knowledge of Jesus for Family Members
- A Prayer Releasing the Glory
- A Prayer Repenting Grieving the Spirit
- A Prayer to Break Curses
- A Prayer to Defeat Delilah
- A Prayer To Get Your Life Out of A Destructive Cycle!
- A Prayer to Overcome Curses
- A Prayer to overcome our giants
- A Prayer to Protect Our Finances
- A Prayer to Receive Jesus Christ as Savior
- A Prayer to Renounce African Gods and Goddesses
- A Prayer to Unlock Finances
- A Prayer: Into Freedom and Abundance
- A Royal Blood Transfusion
- A Season Where the Mighty Eagles Are Rising!
- A Shift in American Church Leadership
- A Sinner’s Prayer
- A Time to be Still
- A Triple Chord Prayer
- A Word and Prayer for Kenya
- A Word Concerning President Donald Trump
- A Word for Africa, India & America
- A Word of Encouragement on Prayer
- Abraham Lincoln’s Thanksgiving Proclamation
- Advice for someone reading here…
- America – Pray for President Trump
- America: Christian After Election Actions
- America: Dealing With The Day After
- America: Mercy Triumphs Over Judgment
- America: What More Can God Do?
- An Angelic Encounter and a Prayer Strategy for Breakthrough
- An Urgent Word for France
- An Urgent Word for the UK BREXIT
- Apostolic Declarations for Breaking New Ground
- Apostolic Prayers
- Are There Blessings from Life’s Storms?
- Are We Living in Perilous Times?
- Are we seeking God for our nation and Church?
- Are You Wrestling With Demons That Don’t Want to Leave?
- Authentic Repentance
- Authentic Repentence
- Avoiding Unanswered Prayer
- Be a Light for All People!
- Be a Responsible Citizen of Heaven!
- Be Careful Where You Invest Your Hope!
- Be Patient – God has His Timing!
- Be Still and Know That God Is God!
- Be Stirred Up!
- Behold, the Old has Passed Away!
- Being Child Like
- Beware! The the Spirit of Divination is Attacking!
- Bless, as You Wait upon The Lord…
- Blessings of God
- Breaking Ancestral African Witchcraft
- Breaking Curses & Casting-Out Generational Spirits
- Breaking Generational Curses & Cycles of Loss
- Breaking Invisible Barriers
- Breaking the Curse of Barrenness
- Brokenness is NOT the new normal!
- By HIS Stripes We are Healed!!
- By My Spirit, says The LORD!
- By This I Overcome Satan!
- California SB277: An Urgent Call to Intercession!
- Calling Out the Called Ones!
- Can YOU Love the Unlovely?
- Canada in the Throne Room!
- Catholicism, Santeria, Lucemi & Deliverance
- China & the Vatican: Accord on Bishop Appointments
- Choose Blessings this Day for Your Mate
- Christmas Prayer….
- Come Alive!
- Come, I AM Sending You!
- Come, O Adonai Yahushua ~ I’m Ready for You!
- Commanding the Morning Prayer
- Confession of Sin
- Continue to Pray for America!
- Cry Out to HIM for Nations!
- Daily Decree: God will visit me!
- Daily Prayer for Empowerment
- Daring Faith!
- Declarations for 2015+
- Declarations for the Coming Season
- Declarations for today
- Declarations for Your Alignment
- Declarations Into Relationship With the LORD
- Declarations Overcoming the Serpent Spirit
- Declarations to Help Set Us Free
- Declarations to Walk in Christ’s Authority
- Declare the Turning Around!
- Decrees & Declarations to Establish God’s Will for America
- Decrees for 2017: Complete Victory!
- Decrees for May
- Decrees Over Those in Harms Way
- Decrees to Dismantle Evil Altars
- Deliverance Prayer
- Deliverance Renunciations
- Diamonds in the Rough!
- Discovering True Forgiveness
- Divide and Conquer!
- Don’t Lose Your Destiny!
- Donald Trump’s Coming Gift to Iran?
- Don`t Stop; Keep Going!
- Dwelling in God’s Presence
- Effectual Prayer and Spiritual Warfare
- Elijah, Just Like One of Us?
- Ending up in the Wrong Place!
- Envision The Valley Experience!
- Esther’s Decree
- Faith Proclamations for Victory!
- False Prophets Are In The Fold!
- Father, I Thank You for Today
- Father, Kill the Flesh in Me!
- Financial Curses
- Fire Begets Fire
- Five Wise Men and an Angel
- Flat On My Face
- Fling Down Your Thoughts ~ Take Up HIS!
- Forgiveness is difficult!
- Fulfilling Your Story
- Get Up in Jesus’ Name!
- Getting Back on Track!
- God Heals! My Personal Testimony
- God Is for You!
- God Is Going to Make the Last, First!
- God is now moving in a New Way!
- God Loves Texas ~ A Prayer for Restoration
- God says, “I Heard You the First Time”
- God Will Drive the Enemy Out! (Parts 1 & 2)
- God’s Promises for Protection and Safety
- God’s Remedy for the Serpent’s Bite
- God’s written Word is powerful!
- God’s Elect
- Grace, Grace!
- Grant Them Repentance
- Hate and Division: Prayer for the Nation and the World
- He is ALL You Need!
- HE is My All!
- He is Setting Us Free to Fly!
- He’s Calling YOUR Name!
- Healing African-American Heritage & Cleanse Bloodline Curses
- Healing and Deliverance for Native Americans
- Healing in Jesus’ Name
- Healing Scriptures
- Healing Your Broken Heart
- Hear the Word of the LORD!
- Hearing the Sound of the Forward Call
- Heaven’s Bodyguards: Grace and Mercy!
- Hell Can See Heaven, But Heaven Can’t See Hell!
- Hello!! Will You Be My Prayer Partner?
- Help Overturn Destructive Laws in California
- Helping Someone….
- His Eyes Are Forever Upon You!
- His Majesty’s Secret Service
- Holy Anointing Oil
- Honesty is the Best Policy!
- How to Get Powerful Breakthrough When You Pray
- How to Pray
- How to Pray Effectively Against ISIS
- How to Pray For Politicians and Debates
- I AM Activating Spiritual Senses!
- I Am an Extraordinary Person!
- I AM Calling To My Mighty Ones!
- I Know That My Redeemer Lives
- I May Be Wrong!
- I Pray For You!
- I Pray You Know the Wisdom of God!
- I’ll Show You My Kingdom Glories!
Back to Top
To Bear Fruit
To Bear Fruit Lord Jesus, You chose me and appointed me to go and bear fruit — fruit that will last. Then the Father will give me whatever I ask in Your name. Father, You are the Gardener. You prune every branch that bears fruit, so it will be even more fruitful. The…
read more Prayer for Freedom
Prayer for Freedom Heavenly Father, thank you for my country, the United States of America, the only country in the world founded upon religious freedom and your Word. Thank you for our founding fathers, Lord, who looked to you for guidance to develop the kind of…
read more Individual Growth
Individual Growth Father, in the name of Jesus, we in our prayer group desire that our prayers avail much. We are individuals who are , having gifts (faculties, talents, qualities) that differ according to the grace given us. We, who…
read more God Is Your Provider
God Is Your Provider Father God, You are my Provider, and You will provide a place for me and will plant me so that I can have a home of my own and no longer be disturbed. You will also give me rest from all my enemies. You provide food for those who fear You, and You…
read more Personal Prayer of a Pastor for the Congregation
Personal Prayer of a Pastor for the Congregation Father, as the pastor of __________, I approach the throne of grace on behalf of the membership. I thank my God in all my remembrance of them. In every prayer of mine I always make my entreaty and petition for them all…
read more Spirit-Controlled Life
Spirit-Controlled Life The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made __________ free from the law of sin and death. His/her life is governed, not by the standards and according to the dictates of the flesh, but by the Holy Spirit. __________ is not living the…
read more A Person in Need of Protection
A Person in Need of Protection Father, in the name of Jesus, I lift up __________ to you and pray a hedge of protection around him/her. I thank You, Father, that You are a wall of fire around about __________ and that You have sent Your angels to encamp around about…
read more Ministers to the Incarcerated
Ministers to the Incarcerated Introduction This prayer was written in response to a letter from an inmate. He had received Jesus, started a Bible study, and wanted to know how to pray for God-called teachers and preachers to come and teach the inmates. He was praying…
read more A Person in Need of Salvation
A Person in Need of Salvation Father, in the name of Jesus, I make a joyful noise to the Lord, and serve You with gladness! I come before You with singing! I know that You are God! It is written in Your Word that Jesus came to seek and save the lost. You wish all…
read more For Children With Special Needs
For Children With Special Needs Father, I come before You boldly and confidently, knowing that You watch over Your Word to perform it, just as You have performed miracles throughout history. I pray for my children who have special needs, asking You to quicken them to…
The following list of Bible prayers is from the Dake Annotated Reference Bible, King James Version (Used by Permission – Dake Publishing). Dake found 176 prayers in the Old Testament and 46 in the New Testament. They include only actual worded prayers, not references to prayer. All statements as “he prayed, he entreated the Lord, he called upon the name of the Lord,” etc., are not prayers; they merely mention that certain people prayed.
Six Prayers in Genesis:
1. Abraham for an heir (40 words; Gen 15:2-3). Answered because God had promised (Gen 21:1-8).
2. Abraham for Ishmael to be his heir (7 words; Gen 17:18). Unanswered because it was not in harmony with God’s word and plan.
3. Abraham for Sodom to be spared if 10 persons were righteous (176 words; Gen 18:23-32). Unanswered because 10 righteous persons weren’t found (Gen 19:24).
4. Eliezer, steward of Abraham, for a bride for Isaac (110 words; Gen 24:12-14). Answered because it was according to God’s word (Gen 12:1-3,7; 13:15; 15:18; 17:7,19; 21:12).
5. Jacob for a blessing (Gen 28:20-22). Answered because of God’s plan for him (Gen 32:1-33:17).
6. Jacob for deliverance from Esau (130 words; Gen 32:9-12). Answered because of God’s word and plan for him (Gen 25:19-23; 26:3; 27:28-29; 28:3-4,13-15; 32:9).
References to prayer, entreating the Lord, calling on the name of the Lord, and groaning and being afflicted (Gen 12:7-8; 13:4; 16:11; 20:17-18; 25:21-23).
Four Prayers in Exodus:
7. Moses for Aaron to go with him (16 words; Ex 4:13). Answered because God wanted to please Moses (Ex 4:14-17).
8. Moses in complaint to God for not delivering Israel (42 words; Ex 5:22-23). Answered because of God’s word (Ex 3:8,12, 17-22).
9. Moses for forgiveness for Israel (39 words; Ex 32:31-32). Answered because of atonement and intercession (Ex 32:11-14,30-35) and because of God’s word (Ex 33:1-6,12-14).
10. Moses for God’s presence to go with Israel to Canaan (138 words; Ex 33:12-13,15-16). Answered because of God’s word (Ex 33:12-14) and His grace (Ex 33:17).
References to groaning, sighing, crying, and entreating the Lord (Ex 2:11,23-25; 3:7,9; 10:16).
Nine Prayers in Numbers:
11. Aaron for the blessing of God upon the people (32 words in the form of benediction; Num 6:24-26). Answered because of God’s promise (Num 6:27).
12. Moses for God to bless on the journey (27 words; Num 10:35-36). Answered when Israel lived free from sin, but unanswered when they sinned, which was according to God’s word (Ex 32:32-33).
13. Moses in complaining to God because the burden was too heavy (136 words; Num 11:10-15). Answered because of God’s words (Num 11:16-20,25-30).
14. Moses for God to show him what to do to give the people flesh (56 words; Num 11:21-22). Answered because of God’s word (Num 11:21) and to show His power (Num 11:23).
15. Moses for the healing of Miriam (8 words; Num 12:13). Answered because of God’s love for Moses (Num 12:14-16).
16. Moses for God to spare Israel and uphold His own honor (208 words; Num 14:13-19). Answered because of Moses’ prayer (Num 14:20).
17. Moses for judgment on sin (20 words; Num 16:15). Answered because of sin (Num 16:23-34).
18. Israel for forgiveness of sin (25 words; Num 21:7). Answered because of Moses’ prayer and by type of Christ on the cross (Num 21:7-9; 3:14-16).
19. Moses for a new leader of Israel (56 words; Num 27:16-17). Answered because of God’s plan for Israel (Num 27:18-23).
References to prayer (Num 11:2; 21:7).
Two Prayers in Deuteronomy:
20. Moses asking to go over into Canaan (59 words; Deut 3:24-25). Unanswered because of sin (Deut 3:26; Num 20:12).
21. Moses for Israel to be spared (114 words; Deut 9:26-29). Answered because of intercession of Moses (Ex 32:11-14).
References to prayer (Deut 9:20,26), also what to pray for elders at murder trials (Deut 21:6-9) and what all Israel should pray after obedience to the law (Deut 26:5-15).
Two Prayers in Joshua:
22. Joshua in complaint because God had not given victory (90 words; Josh 7:7-9). Answered so sin could be put away (Josh 7:10-15).
23. Joshua in the form of a command for the sun and moon to stand still (14 words; Josh 10:12). Answered because of necessity for time to finish God’s work (Josh 10:13).
Nine Prayers in Judges:
24. Israel for guidance (14 words; Judges 1:1). Answered because it was in harmony with the will of God for the nation (Judges 1:2).
25. Gideon for revelation and guidance (135 words; Judges 6:13,15,17-18,22). Answered because of God’s word and will for Israel (Judges 6:12,14,16,20-21,23).
26. Israel for deliverance and forgiveness of sins (36 words; Judges 10:10,15). Answered because of God’s plan for Israel (Judges 11:1-33).
27. Jephthah for victory (55 words; Judges 11:30-31). Answered because of God’s plan for Israel (Judges 11:32).
28. Manoah for an angel to appear and give him directions (91 words; Judges 13:8,11-12,15,17). Answered because of God’s plan for Israel (Judges 13:9,11,13,16,18).
29. Samson for one last victory (33 words; Judges 16:28). Answered because of his reconsecration to the Nazarite vows (Judges 13:4-5; 16:22).
30. Israel for guidance (14 words; Judges 20:23). Answered because of judgment on sin.
31. Israel for guidance (19 words; Judges 20:28). Answered because of judgment on sin.
32. Israel for revelation (24 words; Judges 21:3). No answer recorded.
Six Prayers in 1 Samuel:
33. Hannah for a son (55 words; 1 Sam 1:11). Answered because of God’s plan for Israel (1 Sam 1:20-23) and promises to bless with children upon obedience (Lev 26:3-13; Deut 28:1-14).
34. Hannah to express gratitude for answered prayer (264 words; 1 Sam 2:1-10). No request to answer.
35. Saul for guidance (16 words; 1 Sam 14:37). Unanswered because of sin (1 Sam 13:1-14; 14:37).
36. David for guidance (7 words; 1 Sam 23:2). Answered because of God’s plan (1 Sam 23:2).
37. David for revelation (72 words; 1 Sam 23:10-12). Answered because of God’s plan.
38. David for revelation (10 words; 1 Sam 30:8). Answered because of God’s plan.
References to prayer (1 Sam 7:9; 8:6; 12:18; 15:11; 28:6).
Four Prayers in 2 Samuel:
39. David for revelation (16 words; 2 Sam 2:1). Answered because of God’s plan.
40. David for revelation (14 words; 2 Sam 5:19). Answered because of God’s plan (2 Sam 5:19).
41. David for fulfillment of Davidic covenant (364 words; 2 Sam 7:18-29). Answered partially, and will be fulfilled in all eternity when Christ comes to reign (Isa 9:6-7; Luke 1:32-33; Acts 15:13-18; Rev 11:15; 20:1-10).
42. David for forgiveness of sin (29 words; 2 Sam 24:10). Answered, but judgments fell (2 Sam 24:11-25).
References to prayer (2 Sam 5:23; 12:16; 15:7-8; 21:1).
Five Prayers in 1 Kings:
43. Solomon for wisdom (146 words; 1 Kings 3:6-9). Answered because it pleased God (1 Kings 3:10-14).
44. Solomon, prayer of dedication (1,050 words; 1 Kings 8:23-53). Answered according to obedience of Israel.
45. Elijah for resurrection of boy (35 words; 1 Kings 17:20-21). Answered because of faith in God (1 Kings 17:22-24; Heb 11:35).
46. Elijah for fire from heaven (63 words; 1 Kings 18:36-37). Answered because of faith (1 Kings 18:38).
47. Elijah for death (18 words; 1 Kings 19:4). Unanswered because it was contrary to God’s plan which was to translate him and permit him to live bodily in heaven until time to come back to earth as one of the two witnesses (2 Kings 2:9; Zech 4:11-14; Mal 4:5-6; Rev 11:3-11).
References to prayer (1 Kings 13:6; 18:42-43).
Three Prayers in 2 Kings:
48. Elisha for his servant’s eyes to be opened (11 words; 2 Kings 6:17). Answered by faith.
49. Hezekiah for deliverance (133 words; 2 Kings 19:15-19). Answered by faith (2 Kings 19:35).
50. Hezekiah for a longer life (30 words); he received 15 years more (2 Kings 20:3). Answered by faith (2 Kings 20:5-6).
Two Prayers in 1 Chronicles:
51. Jabez for enlarged coast (33 words; 1 Chron 4:10). Answered because of God’s word to give Israel all the land (1 Chron 4:10; Gen 15:18-21).
52. David for Solomon and Israel (326 words; 1 Chron 29:10-19). Answered partially, in the temporary obedience to God of Solomon and Israel.
References to prayer (1 Chron 5:20; 21:26; 23:30).
Two Prayers in 2 Chronicles:
53. Asa for victory (50 words; 2 Chron 14:11). Answered by faith (2 Chron 14:12-14).
54. Jehoshaphat for victory (224 words; 2 Chron 20:6-12). Answered by faith (2 Chron 20:20-25).
References to prayer (2 Chron 15:13; 33:13).
Two Prayers in Ezra:
55. Ezra-prayer of thanksgiving (50 words; Ezra 7:27-28).
56. Ezra for forgiveness and help (419 words; Ezra 9:5-15). Answered (Ezra 10:1-19).
References to prayer (Ezra 8:21-23).
Nine Prayers in Nehemiah:
57. Nehemiah for confession of sins and help (256 words; Neh 1:5-11).
58. Nehemiah for judgment (53 words; Neh 4:1-6).
59. Nehemiah for help (7 words; Neh 6:9).
60. Nehemiah for help (31 words; Neh 6:14).
61. Israel-confession of sins (1,205 words-the longest prayer; Neh 9:5-38).
62. Nehemiah for blessing (29 words; Neh 13:14).
63. Nehemiah for blessing (18 words; Neh 13:22).
64. Nehemiah for judgment (21 words; Neh 13:29).
65. Nehemiah for blessing (7 words).
Refrences to prayer (Neh 2:4; 4:9; 8:6).
Seven Prayers in Job:
66. Job-prayer of thanksgiving and resignation (30 words; Job 1:20-22).
67. Job in complaint and for relief and forgiveness (114 words; Job 7:17-21). Answered (Job 42:10).
68. Job in complaint and for relief (571 words; Job 9:25-10:22). Answered (Job 42:10).
69. Job in complaint and for life and forgiveness (198 words; Job 14:13-22). Answered (Job 42:10).
70. Job for a fair trial (48 words; Job 23:3-5). Answered (Job 38-42).
71. Job, prayer of confession (34 words; Job 40:3-5)
72. Job, prayer of repentance (87 words; Job 42:1-6). Answered (Job 42:10).
Seventy-two Prayers in Psalms:
73-123. David. In 50 prayer-psalms he made requests for various blessings, most of them being answered because of faith in God’s promises (Psalms 3-7; 9; 12:1-13:6; 16:1-17:15; 19:1-20:9; 22; 25:1-31:24; 35:1-36:12; 38:1-41:13; 51; 54:1-61:8; 64; 69:1-70:5; 86; 108:1-109:31; 119; 124; 132; 139:1-144:15). The ones unanswered will be answered in due time for David even prayed about future events.
124-138. An unknown psalmist (perhaps David) prayed for many kinds of blessings, which were granted or will be granted (Psalms 10; 33; 43:1-44:26; 71; 85; 88; 102; 106; 118; 120; 123; 125; 129; 137).
139-143. Asaph made many requests to God (in 5 prayers) for various kinds of blessing which were granted or will yet be granted (Psalms 74; 79:1-80:19; 82:1-83:18).
144. Moses makes requests to God (Psalms 90).
145. Ethan made requests for God to remember the reproach of His servants (Psalms 89).
Thus, in 72 of the 150 psalms there are personal requests to God, making them definitely prayer-psalms. A few of the other 78 may also be considered such because of the general nature of the subject matter. Even in the listed prayer-psalms many subjects are more outstanding than the prayers. See notes on these psalms.
Three Prayers in Isaiah:
146. Isaiah for cleansing (38 words; Isa 6:5). Answered (Isa 6:6-7).
147. Hezekiah for deliverance (133 words; Isa 37:16-20). Answered (Isa 37:36).
148. Hezekiah for healing and length of days (30 words; Isa 38:3). Answered (Isa 38:5).
References to prayer (Isa 1:15; 7:11; 16:12; 26:16; 55:6-7). There are also prayers that Israel will make in the time of their restoration as a nation (Isa 12; 64).
Eleven Prayers in Jeremiah:
149. Jeremiah, confession of inability to obey God (12 words; Jer 1:6).
150. Jeremiah, accusing God (24 words; Jer 4:10).
151. Jeremiah for judgment (80 words; Jer 10:23-25). Answered (Dan 5).
152. Jeremiah, questioning God (133 words; Jer 12:1-4).
153. Jeremiah for help for Judah (95 words; Jer 14:7-9).
154. Jeremiah for help for Judah (81 words; Jer 14:20-22).
155. Jeremiah, judgment (118 words; Jer 15:15-18).
156. Jeremiah for judgment (158 words; Jer 17:13-18).
157. Jeremiah for judgment (174 words; Jer 18:19-23).
158. Jeremiah for judgment (214 words; Jer 20:7-12).
159. Jeremiah, concerning captivity of Judah (209 words; Jer 32:17-25).
References to prayer (Jer 7:16; 11:14; 14:11; 21:2; 29:7,12; 37:3; 42:2,4,20).
Four Prayers in Lamentations:
160. Jeremiah for judgment (108 words; Lam 1:20-22).
161. Jeremiah for consideration (113 words; Lam 2:20-22).
162. Jeremiah for judgment (158 words; Lam 3:55-66).
163. Jeremiah for the oppressed people of Judah (300 words; Lam 5).
Jeremiah could be called the praying prophet as well as the weeping prophet. He has 15 recorded prayers.
Three Prayers in Ezekiel:
164. Ezekiel protesting what God wanted him to do (41 words; Ezek 4:14).
165. Ezekiel for the remnant (20 words; Ezek 9:8).
166. Ezekiel for the remnant (14 words; Ezek 11:13).
Two Prayers in Daniel:
167. Daniel for forgiveness of sins and fulfillment of prophecy (550 words; Dan 9:1-19).
168. Daniel for revelation (11 words; Dan 12:8).
References to prayer (Dan 2:17-18; 6:10).
Two Prayers in Amos:
169. Amos for forgiveness s (16 words; Amos 7:2).
170. Amos for help (16 words; Amos 7:5).
Three Prayers in Jonah:
171. Sailors for mercy (33 words; Jonah 1:14).
172. Jonah for deliverance from hell (198 words; Jonah 2:1-9).
173. Jonah for death (70 words; Jonah 4:2-3).
Three Prayers in Habakkuk:
174. Habakkuk for God to act (75 words; Hab 1:1-5).
175. Habakkuk for judgment (156 words; Hab 1:12-17).
176. Habakkuk for revival (474 words; Hab 3:2-19).
Seventeen Prayers in Matthew:
177. Jesus, The Lord’s prayer (66 words; Matt 6:9-13).
178. Leper for healing (9 words; Matt 8:2). Answered (Matt 8:3).
179. Centurion for healing of his servant (73 words; Matt 8:6-9). Answered (Matt 8:13).
180. Disciples for help from drowning (5 words; Matt 8:25). Answered (Matt 8:26).
181. Demons for temporary liberty (37 words; Matt 8:29-31). Answered (Matt 8:32).
182. A ruler for healing (18 words; Matt 9:18). Answered (Matt 9:25).
183. A woman for healing (11 words; Matt 9:21). Answered (Matt 9:22).
184. Two blind men for healing (8 words; Matt 9:27). Answered (Matt 9:29-30).
185. Jesus giving thanks to God (38 words; Matt 11:25).
186. Peter to walk on water (13 words; Matt 14:28). Answered (Matt 14:29).
187. Peter for help from drowning (3 words; Matt 14:30). Answered (Matt 14:31).
188. A woman for healing of her daughter (36 words; Matt 15:22-27). Answered (Matt 15:28).
189. A man for healing of his son (39 words; Matt 17:15-16). Answered (Matt 17:18).
190. A mother for exaltation of her 2 sons, James and John (23 words; Matt 20:21). Unanswered because of wrong motive and not in harmony with God’s plan (Matt 20:23).
191. Two blind men for healing (27 words; Matt 20:30-33). Answered (Matt 20:34).
192. Jesus to be saved from death in the garden before He could die on the cross (62 words; Matt 26:39-44). Answered (Heb 5:7).
193. Jesus on the cross (9 words; Matt 27:46).
References to prayer (Matt 6:5-13; 7:7-11; Matt 14:23; 18:19-20; 21:22; 23:14).
Two Prayers in Mark:
194. A demon for temporary freedom (31 words; Mark 1:23-24).
195. Jesus in healing a deaf mute (2 words-the shortest prayer; Mark 7:34). Answered (Mark 7:35).
References to prayer (Mark 1:35; 6:41,46; 9:23; 11:22-24).
Seven Prayers in Luke:
196. Simeon in blessing Jesus (43 words; Luke 2:29-32).
197. Rich man in hell (80 words; Luke 16:24-31).
198. Ten lepers for healing (5 words; Luke 17:13). Answered (Luke 17:14,19).
199. A Pharisee in boasting of his righteousness (34 words; Luke 18:11-12). Unjustified (Luke 18:14).
200. A publican for mercy (7 words; Luke 18:13). Answered, justified (Luke 18:14).
201. Jesus on the cross (10 words; Luke 23:34).
202. Jesus on the cross (8 words; Luke 23:46).
References to prayer (Luke 3:21-22; 5:16; 6:12; 9:28-29; 11:1-13; 18:1-18; 22:31-32).
Five Prayers in John:
203. Nobleman for healing of child (7 words; John 4:49). Answered (John 4:50).
204. People for living bread (6 words; John 6:34).
205. Jesus for resurrection of Lazarus (40 words; John 11:41-43). Answered (John 11:44).
206. Jesus for glorification (19 words; John 12:27-28). Answered (John 12:28).
207. Jesus for disciples (638 words; John 17).
References to prayer (John 7:37-39; 14:12-15; 15:7,16; 16:23-26).
Six Prayers in Acts:
208. Disciples for successor to Judas (41 words; Acts 1:24-25). Answered (Acts 1:26).
209. Peter for healing of lame man (12 words; Acts 3:6). Answered (Acts 3:7-8).
210. Disciples for boldness and power (178 words; Acts 4:24-30). Answered (Acts 4:31-33).
211. Stephen for enemies (13 words; Acts 7:59-60).
212. Paul for instruction (12 words; Acts 9:5-6). Answered (Acts 9:5-6).
213. Peter for resurrection of Tabitha (2 words; Acts 9:40). Answered (Acts 9:40-41).
References to prayer (Acts 1:14; 3:1; 6:4; 8:22,24,34; 10:9,31; 12:5; 16:13-16).
One Prayer in 3 John:
214. That we the readers would prosper and be in health as our soul prospers (18 words; 3 John :2)
Eight Prayers in Revelation:
215. Elders in worship (27 words; Rev 4:11).
216. Angels in worship (22 words; Rev 5:12).
217. All creatures in worship (22 words; Rev 5:13).
218. Martyrs for vengeance (22 words; Rev 6:10).
219. Great multitude in worship (13 words; Rev 7:10).
220. Angels in worship (23 words; Rev 7:12).
221. Glorified saints in worship (56 words; Rev 19:1-6).
222. John for the coming of Jesus Christ a second time, 5 words (Rev 22:20).
Besides the actual worded prayers in these 31 books of the Bible, there are many passages in them, as well as in some of the 35 books containing no prayers, that give much instruction on the subject of prayer. It is thought by some that there are a number of prayers in the epistles, but in reality, these books contain only statements to Christians regarding the apostles praying for them that God would bless them, or they give instructions for Christians to pray and tell them what to pray for. These are not actual prayers addressed to God, however (Rom 1:8-10; 16:20; Eph 1:15-20; 3:13-21; Phil 1:2-7; Col 1:3-14; 1 Thess 1:2-3; 3:9-13; 1 Tim 1:3-7; 2 Tim 4:14-18; James 5:13-18).
Thirty-five Books Where a Direct Prayer Is Not Mentioned
6. Song of Solomon
17. 1 Corinthians
18. 2 Corinthians
23. 1 Thessalonians
24. 2 Thessalonians
25. 1 Timothy
26. 2 Timothy
31. 1 Peter
32. 2 Peter
33. 1 John
34. 2 John
Copyright 2000 (c) by Finis Dake – All rights reserved – Used by Permission (With Minor Corrections)
Free World Class Education
FREE Catholic Classes Light a Virtual Prayer Candle
Four things to know about your candle on Catholic Online:
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
Light your own Candle
Catholic Online presents Prayer Requests ‘LIVE’
Now you can harness the incredible power of intercession with Prayer Requests ‘LIVE’. Have your Prayer Request read ‘LIVE’ by our Prayer Host on Facebook Live and YouTube.