Are you facing a difficult disease, illness or malady and want to cry out to God for healing but don’t know what to pray? If you feel scared, alone, unsure of the future, or don’t understand how healing works, pray these words below in faith today! Below are four prayers for healing, an interview with Max Lucado explaining how we should pray for healing, and some of our favorite Bible verses on healing.
God tells us that through prayer, He can speak to us and use us to work miracles for His glory. When you use this prayer for healing you are coming to God completely surrendered and expectant to let His Holy Spirit work in and through you. I pray that you will find miraculous healing as you seek God’s plan for your life – His plan to prosper you and to give you a hope and future!
- 1 Here are Four Prayers for Healing you can use today to speak life and hope into your situation.
- 2 A Prayer for Personal Healing
- 3 How to Pray for Healing – Max Lucado
- 4 A Short Prayer for Healing for Friends
- 5 A Prayer for Healing and Grace
- 6 A Prayer for Healing Sick Family and Friends
- 7 Healing Bible Verses
- 8 Short Prayers for Strength
- 9 Short Christian Prayers
- 10 A Short Prayer for Healing
- 11 Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Short Prayers”
- 12 Recent prayer requests…
- 13 Original Prayers
- 14 Short daily prayers
- 15 Short prayers for healing
- 16 Constructing your own prayer
Here are Four Prayers for Healing you can use today to speak life and hope into your situation.
A Prayer for Personal Healing
God, you know me so well. You created me. You know the number of hairs on my head, and you even know the thoughts conceived in my heart before I ever vocalize them. You’ve told us to come to you and ask for every need of life. You are Jehovah-Rapha, the God who heals, and you have the final word on my destiny, the number of years I’ll live and serve you on earth.
I’m coming to you today as your child, longing to hear from you and asking for your divine healing. There’s so much I don’t understand about life. But I do know that with one touch, one word, you can make me whole. Please forgive me of my sins, cleanse me of my unrighteousness, and begin your healing from the inside out.
I don’t always know what your will is Lord, especially in times like now, when I desperately seek your face. I offer you no promises, no bargains, no deals to exchange for my health. I simply bow my heart before you to tell you the desire of my heart: that I want to spend as many years as I can loving you here, loving others, and wanting to become more like you. However you choose to accomplish that is up to you—and okay with me. If you use doctors to provide healing, give them wisdom to know what to do. Regardless of how you accomplish it, the healing you give is always miraculous. And you deserve all the praise.
I absolutely believe you have the power to heal. You demonstrated that on earth, and you still heal in miraculous ways today. Even when my faith is weak, you say it is enough, and my love for you is strong. And I know you already hold my heart and life in your hands. It’s up to you. If I can bring you more glory through healing, then that’s what I ask for. That’s what I desire.
But if your answer is no, or not now, I know that your grace is sufficient for me. Ultimately, I want your will to be my will. I look forward to spending an eternity with you. But Lord, if you have planned still more for me to do here on this earth, I not only need and want your physical healing, Lord, but a thorough, deep-down cleansing and strengthening—a whole-hearted renewal of all that I am. Because all that I am is yours. Use this trial to strengthen me from a “what-if” faith to a “no-matter-what” faith. And no matter what, I choose to honor you and give you glory.
In Jesus’s name, Amen.
~ Rebecca Barlow Jordan
How to Pray for Healing – Max Lucado
A Short Prayer for Healing for Friends
Lord, your Word speaks promises of healing and restoration and I thank you for the miracles you still perform today. Today I claim those promises over my friend. I believe in the healing power of faith and prayer and I ask you to begin your mighty work in the life of my friend. Please reach down and surround my friend with supernatural peace and strength and give her the faith to believe that all things are possible for you. Protect her from Satan’s lies and discouragement and let her miraculous healing begin. Amen.
A Prayer for Healing and Grace
We confess our need for you today. We need your healing and your grace. We need hope restored. We need to be reminded that you work on behalf of those you love, constantly, powerfully, completely. Forgive us for trying to fix our situations all on our own. Forgive us for running all different directions and spinning our wheels to find help, when true help and healing must be found first in You. Forgive us for forgetting how much we need you, above everyone and everything else. We come to you and bring you the places we are hurting. You see where no one else is able to fully see or understand. You know the pain we’ve carried. The burdens. The cares. You know where we need to be set free. We ask for your healing and grace to cover every broken place. Every wound. Every heartache. Thank you that you are Able to do far more than we could ever imagine. Thank you for your Mighty Power that acts on behalf of your children. We reach out to you, and know that you are restoring and redeeming every place of difficulty, every battle, for your greater glory. Thank you that you will never waste our pain and suffering. We love you. We need you today.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen
~ Debbie McDaniel
A Prayer for Healing Sick Family and Friends
Lord Jesus, thank you that you love . I know that you hate what their illness is doing to them/me. I ask that you would heal this disease, that you would have compassion and bring healing from all sickness.
Your word says in Psalm 107:19-20 that when we call out to you the Eternal one you will give the order, heal and rescue us from certain death. In the Bible, I have read of miraculous healing and I believe that you still heal the same way today. I believe that there is no illness you cannot heal after all the bible tells of you raising people from the dead so I ask for your healing in this situation.
I also know from my experience of life on earth that not everyone is healed. If that happens here than keep my heart soft towards you, help me to understand your plan and help me to be excited about heaven.
God, I thank you that belongs to you and that you are in control of everything that happens from our first breath to our last sigh.
~ Wendy van Eyck
Read 11 More Prayers for Healing at Praywithme.com – Helpful guiding words for praying over physical, spiritual and emotional healing.
Healing Bible Verses
My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man’s whole body.
Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He sent forth his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave. Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men.
Heal me, O LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.
He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.”
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.
More Healing Scripture
What are you praying for healing over today? Join our large praying community in the comments below and experience the power, hope and healing that comes when you allow others to cover you in prayer.
This article is part of our larger Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can’t find the words to pray.
Prayer for Healing
Prayer for StrengthPrayer for ProtectionMorning PrayersGood Night PrayersShort PrayersThe Lord’s PrayerSerenity PrayerA Birthday PrayerSinner’s PrayerPrayer for ForgivenessPrayer for Guidance
Now available is our new Daily Prayer devotional! An easy way to find start your day with prayer, read today’s prayer and sign up to receive by email.
Welcome to our list of short prayers. We have sourced the best short Christian prayers on the most popular prayer topics. Prayers that are short are easy to memorize, and great for children to learn as an introduction to Christian prayer.
The nice thing about these prayers is that they are easy to teach to children. If you have ever tried to teach a bunch of Sunday School kids the Nicene Creed, you probably know what I’m talking about. Lets start off with some brief prayers for strength.
Short Prayers for Strength
Prayers for strength are great to say on a daily basis, either in the morning, or nightly before bed time.
Read more Prayers for Strength Here
Guide Me Lord
Guide me lord, you are my heart
you are my strength, you are my hope.
Teach me Lord, and guide my way
I love you more each passing day.
A Prayer for Being Grateful
Lord God, may we be grateful for our lot,
and compassionate toward all those who are
suffering every kind of distress at this
difficult time. May we hold back nothing, and
hasten to be the ministers of prayer and mercy,
like the disciples of Him who went about doing
good in times of need.
Hold my Hand in Weakness
Lord God, you are my strength.
Hold my hand in my weakness and
teach my heart to fly. With you,
there’s nothing to fear, nothing
to worry about. Hold me tight
in your embrace, so that I can
be stronger than the challenges
in my life. Amen.
Short Christian Prayers
Here are some great Christian prayers to memorize and say on a daily basis.
It is good to remember that with God, anything is possible. God gives us hope and guidance when we commit to prayer every day.
A Morning Prayer
Lord help me
is going to happen
to me today
that You and I
together can’t handle.
For this new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends.
For everything Thy goodness sends,
We thank Thee, dearest Lord. Amen.
A Short Prayer to Jesus
May the grace of Christ, our Savior,
And the Father’s boundless love,
With the Holy Spirit’s favor,
Rest upon us from above.
Thus may we abide in union
With each other and the Lord
And possess, in sweet communion,
Joys which earth cannot afford.
A Short Prayer for Healing
Many of you have asked me to include as short healing prayer as well. This is a good place to start.
Read more Prayers for Healing Here
A Prayer for Healing
Heavenly Father, You are intimately aware
of the struggle I am experiencing —
the pain and the despair. You know
the desire of my heart to be healed
of this illness.
I ask now for Your
healing touch. I know that You are
able and that just like in Bible times,
You can heal me.
“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Click here to read more Short Bible Verses
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Short Prayers”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- The Rosary Prayer- The Rosary Prayer refers to a form of invocation used in the Catholic Church and to the string of knots or beads used to count the component prayers. The… …
- St Anthony Prayer- According to Catholic tradition, prayers to Saint Anthony were to request his aid particularly in finding lost articles. St. Anthony was known as a great… …
- Prayers of the Faithful- Prayers of the Faithful Otherwise known as the Universal Prayer or General Intercessions, these prayers are introduced by the celebrating priest, then a deacon or… …
- Prayer to Saint Michael- Saint Michael the Archangel held an important heavenly role in doing battle against evil, protecting Christians against assault from the devil. The prayer to Saint… …
- Jesus please remove all the troubles i am facing while joining my job- Jesus with your grace i am selected for a job but i an unable to join as a sudden problem arise of my certificate Jesus… …
- Sell my house- Dear St. Joseph, When my sister passed away, I bought her house to ease the burden on our family. I am patiently trying to sell… …
- Lord, I am lifting our burden to you as my father undergoes tests- Lord, I am lifting our burden to you as my father undergoes tests, surgery and treatment for his current condition. I am praying for his… …
- Prayer for opening a new branch for my business- Dear God, I beg thee to interfere in finding a good location for my business. If the place that I pursuing is where I will… …
- prayer of reconciliation in my relationship- Dear God ,I prayed that you make it possible for me and my fiance to come back in unity and to complete our marriage plan.for… …
- To save our loving relationship- Please pray for me (Sabine) and my husband(Arul arasu) to rebond our loving relationship.i hurted my husband heart by my harsh wordings so please I’m… …
- Prayer for my daughter and her family- Please dear St. Jude help my daughter and her family as they enjoy the rest of their trip to NO and visiting. Dry her eyes.… …
- Prayer for my son and granddaughter- Father, please place your Holy Angels and Divine Protection around my son and granddaughter. Provide my son the tools he needs to be the best… …
- Grounded, second time?- Please pray for me, my mom took my iPod away when me and my VERY depressed boyfriend were fighting. I have been grounded for the… …
- Help for Employment and Debt Removal- Lord, please help me. I cannot do this alone. Give me the job that will be spiritually, mentally and financially rewarding. I need to be… …
- Prayer for my aniexty- Dear St. Anthony the Saint of Miracles please help us find a way to pay off our mortgage so that we may leave it to… …
- prayer for your will- Dear God please guide me to do your will. I am so lost in what is best that I trust in what your plan is… …
- Master Degree- Heavenly Father, I thank you for the blessing of an acceptance to a good university and providing the provisions needed in securing my admission. I… …
- Need of help- Dear god. Forgive me for all my sins I have made many mistakes I ask that we can get out of the money troubles my… …
- pharmacist job in okc- please pray for me that I can get a pharmacist job in Oklahoma city,ok. I love doing my work and am having a hard time… …
- Lord , Help me believe who you are- Lord , Help me believe who are you,I know that,You are the one whom I trust,You who helped me,who served me,But I havent showed you… …
More prayers posted in: Well Known
If you have a busy lifestyle, you may occasionally struggle to fit in any long prayers. You’ll be happy to hear that you don’t always have to. The length of a prayer doesn’t alter its impact or message. Sometimes shorter prayers are just easier in that they can be concise and save you some time. In this article we will explore some examples of shorter prayers such as a short prayer for healing, short daily prayers and other meaningful prayers that you may need. We’ll also explore how you can construct your own short prayers.
When thinking about a short prayer, it can be very easy to simply head on over to Google and see what the vastness of the Internet has to offer. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. You’ll find a near-endless number of short prayers that may be better worded or more to the point than anything you feel you could come up with. In truth, the message itself isn’t as important as you may think. Your angels are always watching over you. They know what goes on in your life and know what help you may need even before you pray to them. By constructing your own short prayers you show them that you’re making the effort.
Another benefit is that a short prayer from the heart and soul will always trump one you’ve coped from someone else. A prayer is a unique and personal form of communication so by speaking straight from the soul, you send a much more powerful message. Better to use original and meaningful prayers.
Short daily prayers
You may be wondering what a short daily prayer is. Well, it’s quite simply a prayer that you may say before going to bed each night or perhaps as you wake up in the morning. The benefit of it being short is that it’s easy to remember and you don’t have to take a huge chunk out of your day to fit it in. You could even use it as an opportunity to carry out short prayers for healing if that was the sort of prayer you were intending to do. We’ll take a quick look at some examples of short daily prayers that you may want to use.
Dear angels, please help me to remember that any challenge I face today is one that will leave me feeling stronger for having overcome it. Amen!
Short prayers for healing
Of course you may have more specific prayers in mind. A short prayer for healing is a useful one to have at your disposal. You never know when you may wake up feeling emotionally damaged or perhaps have a loved one fall ill or become injured. A short prayer is a good comfort for you and anybody else. It also means that you can contact your angels even when you’re perhaps not in your best headspace. Here’s an example of one:
Dear angels, I understand that you know what troubles I am facing. I ask that you give me strength and provide me with guidance on how I can best heal from these wounds. Amen!
Constructing your own prayer
Of course, as was mentioned earlier, you will often want to come up with your own short prayers. Don’t worry; you don’t have to be Shakespeare to construct an effective prayer: Even a short one. Simply grab a pen and paper and note down some of the specifics of your prayer. For example: what struggle are you facing and how can you be helped through it? Whatever you come up with, simply add a little heart and you’ve done it! Now you’re ready with a shorter prayer to use whenever you may need it.
Discover some more interesting articles from Padre:
- PRAYER FOR STRENGTH – A LOOK AT PRAYERS FOR STRENGTH AND GUIDANCE
- PRAYERS FOR MONEY – WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER CARRYING THEM OUT
- RELATIONSHIP PRAYER – HOW TO CARRY OUT A RELATIONSHIP PRAYER