A Prayer for All Graduates
By Debbie McDaniel
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
The season of Graduation and new beginnings can bring a mixed bag of emotions to many of us. Though it’s a time of celebration and fresh starts, the letting go process can bring some pain too. Yet parenting is often just about that – the letting go. And whether it’s letting go as they head to Kindergarten, or letting go as they head to college, or straight off into their first job, it can be difficult.
But there’s hope to remember.
Our children – are His. No matter where they go, or how old they are, they are in His care. They are in His hands. And He has great purpose for them in this life – and that’s the very best place we can let them go. We’re entrusting them, again, straight into the safe care of a powerful and loving God. And that’s the safest place they can be.
His hands are big. To carry. To hold. To protect. To cover. To lead. And He loves each one of them more than we could ever imagine.
So here’s to great year ahead of God’s favor and blessing.
Prayer for Graduates:
We pray for our graduates today and lift them before you. We thank you so much for these we love and for the work you are continuing to do in their lives. They are a gift to us and to many others. And during this season of new beginnings, we ask that you would make their way clear. We ask that you would keep their footsteps firm and remind them that you are with them, always. May they sense the freshness of your Spirit over their lives in amazing ways, may they be strengthened, instilled with hope, for the new roads you have in store.
And today, again, we release our children straight into your tender care. Because we know that’s the best place they could ever be. We thank you in advance for all you have in store, for this day, for this year, for their lives.
We pray for protection, for your covering, that you would surround their lives as with a shield. Protect their coming and going. We ask that you would help them to live aware in a dark world and keep harm or evil intent far away. We ask that you would hide them in the safety of your powerful presence.
We ask for your wisdom and clear direction over their lives, that you would give them understanding beyond their years. Thank you that your timing is perfect. We pray that you would direct their steps, that your plans for them would prosper; that every place you have determined for them to walk would be paved clear. We ask for you to open doors that need to be opened and close every one that should be shut tight. Allow every gift and treasure you have placed inside their lives to grow, develop, and flourish, to bring you glory.
We ask that you would remind them every day how very much you love them, that they would find security and confidence fully in you, knowing that you are trustworthy and true.
We ask that you would teach them your ways and fill them with an unquenchable desire to learn your word. Give them a compassionate spirit, and the wisdom to look beyond outward appearances to the heart within. We pray that you would surround them with friends and leaders who would challenge them to press closer to you.
We ask for your peace to cover them. We ask for laughter and joy to fill their days. We pray that you would give them boldness and courage to face challenges set before them, with the confidence and peace that can only come from your spirit.
We ask that you would raise up greatness in their lives, greatness in this generation, willing to stand strong and true, passionate for you, believing that you have designed them for purpose and good works, which you have planned and prepared in advance for them to do.
Be a lamp for their feet, and a light to their path. Shine over them. Fill them with your spirit. Bless them with your favor and peace.
In Jesus’ Name,
“The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you, the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.” Numbers 6:24-26
Find more by Debbie at www.debbiemcdaniel.com, Facebook, or Twitter.
Congrats to the graduate!
Here is a collection of graduation prayers that you can use to cheer on the new graduate during a ceremony, speech, or just a family dinner. If you’d like, at the bottom of this page, you can submit a prayer request as well, and the PrayWithMe community will pray with you.
This Special Day
This is a special day in the life of the graduates.
As they embark on the next chapter in their lives we pray
that the same hand that has kept them thus far will continue to be in their lives.
May Your hand of protection be about them, and may Your Word continue to be
a light unto their path. Help them to make wise decisions and to always keep
You first in everything that they do.
A Prayer to the Graduate
As we prepare to watch the graduate walk across the stage to
receive a diploma, we want to take a moment to thank You for keeping
him/her safe and guiding him/her to this point.
Lord, touch him/her now with wisdom to be able to handle the next stage
of his/her life in a way that will be pleasing to You, and that will set
him/her on a path of living a life that will be a blessing to others.
A Prayer for a Successful Future
Lord we thank You that you have helped (name) make it to the point of graduation.
We give You the glory for his/her success thus far and ask that You will continue
to allow him/her to prosper as the next chapter of life begins.
Grant success both in the professional arena and in family life.
Allow there to be a proper balance between building a career and having a
meaningful personal life.
Most importantly, let his/her success be earned in such a way that will
be pleasing in Your eyes.
From the scriptures…
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.”
As graduation rolls around, it is a time of celebration and rejoicing. After months or years of hard work, graduates will finally get their degree and move on to greater things in life. Whether you are a family member or the graduating student, these graduation prayer blessings can help you thank God and ask for his continued blessings in your life.
These graduation prayer blessings are an inspiring way to thank God and ask for his continued blessings. They work well for high school or college graduation ceremonies. They can be used by the family members of the student or as an invocation prayer. Some of the graduation prayer blessings work best for benedictions or closing blessings, while others are ideal for a graduating student to read. You can also write these prayers in a graduation card or yearbook for the graduating student.
1. Dear Lord, we ask for your almighty power to guide all of those students who are graduating today. You have blessed them in their studies. We ask that you continue to bless them on this day so that they may grow in love and goodness. Help them to use their gifts wisely in this world and remain true to their dreams. As they leave here today, help them to walk into a future filled with hope, faith and your great love. Amen.
2. May all of the students who are gathered here today walk safely along the pathway of their dreams. You have blessed them in their studies and guided each student toward this moment. As they embark on their individual futures, guide them in achieving their dreams and growing in your love. Amen.
3. Heavenly Father, may this graduation day serve as a celebration of your life with us. We rejoice in all of the blessings that you have given us. We give you all of the skills, learning and hard work that we have accomplished over the years. Today, we pour out our blessings and gifts onto your hands. May we cherish this memory within our hearts as we continue on to our next adventures. Lord, may we always life a life that is full of your love. May we reveal your hope in this world and be guided by your everlasting truth in all of the things that we do, today and for always. Amen.
4. May the Lord always bless you and keep you. May his face always shine upon you. May he shower you with his graces and always be gracious to you. May the Lord life his countenance up to you and give you his everlasting peace.
5. May God’s blessing follow each of you today as you start new adventures, interesting travels and different journeys in life. May you always walk safely along the path of your dreams and aspirations. May God’s gentle hand guide each of the decisions that you make in this life. May you follow your passions and dreams according to his will. May your lives and hearts always reflect his everlasting truth and love. May his hope be a light that you carry with you today and for always. Amen.
6. It is only those who are wiling to take risks to achieve their dreams that can find out how far they can actually go. As we graduate today, we ask God to bless us as we take risks, face new challenges and achieve our dreams. May his hand guide everything that we do as we continue to work toward our future. Amen.
7. It is with great joy that we gather together today. After years of hard work, we have finally reached our goal of graduation. At this moment, we must pause and thank God for all that he has given us. He has granted us the diligence, opportunities and strength to pursue our studies. Because of his blessings, we are able to graduate here today. As we go forward to live out our dreams, we pray that God will continue to bless us and guide us toward a better understanding of him. As we start our next journey in life, may we always follow his path and live according to his will. Amen.
8. Heavenly Father, thank you for all of the blessings that you have given us. We have finally reached that joyful moment when we graduate and head off into the world. Thank you for guiding us by your strength, power and grace to this moment. May we continue to grow in our love for you and serve you in everything that we do. As we start on different adventures and paths in life, may everything that we do be done for your glory. Amen.
9. May God bless you and keep you in the palm of his hand. May your graduation be a joyous occasion and the start of a new life in him. May you follow his will today and for always. Amen.
10. Lord, thank you for allowing us to gather here today. While the path was not always easy, you have guided all of us to this moment. Thank you for all of your blessings in life and for helping us to graduate. Through your strength and mercy, you have given us the courage and perseverance to reach this moment. As we celebrate this moment, grant us your blessing. Give us the strength and moral courage we need to continue to do your will as we move on to the next adventure in life. Amen.