Are you in a battle today, and it’s taking more than just a physical toll on you? Are you finding it difficult to find the words to tell the devil to be gone? Spiritual warfare is crippling, real, and troublesome, but Jesus has already won us the victory! Pray along with these words now and let the Lord break the chains of fear and bondage!
Jesus, sometimes I can almost sense the heaviness of pressure mounting and the ominous presence of darkness around me. I recognize my enemy is at work again. Whether he’s trying to discourage me to get sidetracked, to fall into temptation, to give up, or to take my eyes off you, he’s always hanging around.
I need your supernatural power, Lord, to stand strong and not surrender. Physical force won’t help, because you’ve said the weapons of our warfare are different from those in this world. As believers, ours are powerful and can demolish strongholds and lies. These supernatural weapons originate from you. By your precious name and blood, Jesus, I’m asking you to confuse Satan and cancel his attempts to shut me and my influence down. Help me not to become discouraged or to give in when heavy times of testing come.
When I’m tired and weak, you are strong, Lord, and you are my only source of help. I cannot fight without you. Teach me how to pray and to trust you to pull down those strongholds that keep me or others helpless. Guard me from isolation that leaves me exposed and vulnerable. I believe you destroyed the power of my enemy by your death and resurrection. But like a bad penny, my enemy keeps showing up, whispering lies, twisting truth, and attempting to inflate my selfish pride. He never gives up.
SEE ALSO: Prayers for Strength
I am declaring the devil and his demons liars today, Lord. Through the power of your precious name and blood, I agree with your Word and the truth that you are in me and that you are greater than my enemy who wants to rule the world. You, your Word, and prayer, Lord, are my secret weapons. I belong to you, and that fills me with a powerful God-confidence. I want to constantly dress in the spiritual armor you give me. Help me use it to defend others from Satan’s fiery darts as well. No one and nothing can snatch me away from your hand.
Strengthen my faith, Lord. Forgive my sins, so that I may be clean in your righteousness. Make me brave, so I can stand and fight the spiritual battles in my life and in our world. Give me your wisdom and discernment so I won’t be caught off guard. Together, Lord, we’ll win, because in truth, you already have.
In Jesus’s powerful name before which every knee shall bow, Amen!
What are you praying for supernatural strength to overcome today? Join our large praying community in the comments below and experience the power and hope of bringing your petitions before God!
SEE ALSO: A Prayer for When You’re Afraid
Rebecca Barlow Jordan is an inspirational author, speaker, and passionate follower of Jesus who loves to encourage others heart to heart. She has written 11 books and over 1700 other articles, greeting cards, and other inspirational pieces. Her daily devotional Daily in Your Presence is available for delivery through Crosswalk.com. You can find out more about Rebecca at www.rebeccabarlowjordan.com.
Publication date: September 8, 2015
This article is part of our larger Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can’t find the words to pray.
SEE ALSO: How to Maintain Our Peace in the Midst of Spiritual Warfare
Prayer for Healing
Prayer for StrengthPrayer for ProtectionMorning PrayersGood Night PrayersThe Prayer of JabezShort PrayersThe Lord’s PrayerThe Prayer of St FrancisSerenity PrayerA Birthday PrayerSinner’s PrayerPrayer for ForgivenessIntercessory PrayerIrish Prayers and BlessingsAdvent PrayersChristmas PrayersThanksgiving PrayerHoly Week Prayers for Each DayEaster PrayersPrayers for My HusbandPrayers for My SonPrayer Quotes
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse
Intro: Heading off into our day with prayer
It happens to all of us. We are in a hurry, or distracted, running late and we forget to start off our day with prayer. Heading off into our day without a solid foundation of prayer is like skipping breakfast, and we are soon feeling weak and confused and unable to cope with the spiritual trials of our day. We make mistakes, get angry, and say things we wish we hadn’t. We offend our Lord by sinning.
Heading off into our day without a solid foundation of prayer is like skipping breakfast Click To Tweet
Spiritual warfare prayers are prayers that help strengthen us for whatever we will face in the day to come. They are like putting on armor to keep us strong and safe. Warfare prayers are preemptive strikes against the enemy of our souls.
By praying these spiritual warfare prayers before you start your day, you will prepare yourself for any difficulties or trials that will come and you will be spiritually strong and able to resist temptation and remain at peace.
You will be armored against the darts and barbs of the enemy and will be able to stand on the word and not fall. Prayer is powerful and effective. The Bible says, “The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much” (James 5:16).
These prayers will put you in the right frame of mind and prepare you for your day. Choose one and pray it in the morning before you even get out of bed, or as you enjoy your breakfast and you’ll be prepared for whatever comes your way.
Here are 5 powerful and uplifting prayers to kick-start your morning!
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse
Survival and victory on a physical battlefield often depend upon constant, accurate, and timely communication – with leaders, with peers, and with subordinates. Likewise, in the midst of spiritual warfare nothing is more vital than our walking conversations with God, constant abiding prayer, both for ourselves and when interceding for others, while waiting and listening for His still, small voice in answer.
- …they cried out to God in the battle. He heeded their prayer, because they put their trust in Him. (1 Chronicles 5:20 NKJV)
- Now it came to pass in those days that He went out to the mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God. (Luke 6:11-13 NKJV)
- “In this manner, therefore, pray … deliver us from the evil one.” (Matthew 6:9-13 NKJV)
- For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29:11-13 NKJV)
- “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!” (Matthew 7:7-11 NKJV)
- “Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” (Matthew 26:41 NKJV)
- Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart, saying… (Luke 18:1-14 NKJV)
- But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers. (1 Peter 4:7 NKJV)
- Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 NKJV)
- Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7 NKJV)
- …praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints— and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak. (Ephesians 6:18-20 NKJV)
- Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. (1 Timothy 2:1-8 NKJV)
- “…love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.” (Matthew 5:43-46 NKJV)
- “The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few; therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest. Go your way; behold, I send you out as lambs among wolves.” (Luke 10:2-3 NKJV)
- …pray for us, that the word of the Lord may run swiftly and be glorified, just as it is with you, and that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men; for not all have faith. (2 Thessalonians 3:1-2 NKJV)
- Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: “May they prosper who love you. Peace be within your walls, Prosperity within your palaces.” (Psalm 122:6-7 NKJV)
- Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved. (Romans 10:1 NKJV)
- Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. (James 5:13-17 NKJV)
- When I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people, if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to prayer made in this place. (2 Chronicles 7:13-15 NKJV)
- Where do wars and fights come from among you? Do they not come from your desires for pleasure that war in your members? You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures. (James 4:1-3 NKJV)
- Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death. (1 John 5:14-17 NKJV)
Examples of prayers for the Church
- “Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren.” (Luke 22:31-32 NKJV)
- “… I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours… Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are. …I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one… ” (John 17:1-24 NKJV)
- These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers. (Acts 1:14 NKJV)
- Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them. And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers. Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles. (Acts 2:41-43 NKJV)
- And when they had preached the gospel to that city and made many disciples, they returned to Lystra, Iconium, and Antioch, strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith, and saying, “We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God.” So when they had appointed elders in every church, and prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord in whom they had believed. (Acts 14:21-23 NKJV)
- But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone’s chains were loosed. (Acts 16:25-26 NKJV)
- First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world. For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of His Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers, making request if, by some means, now at last I may find a way in the will of God to come to you. For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift, so that you may be established… (Romans 1:8-11 NKJV)
- Now I pray to God that you do no evil, not that we should appear approved, but that you should do what is honorable… And this also we pray, that you may be made complete… (2 Corinthians 13:7-9 NKJV)
- Therefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers: that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power… (Ephesians 1:15-19 NKJV)
- For God is my witness, how greatly I long for you all with the affection of Jesus Christ. And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ, being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God. (Philippians 1:8-11 NKJV)
- We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you… For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. (Colossians 1:3-12 NKJV)
- Therefore we also pray always for you that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfill all the good pleasure of His goodness and the work of faith with power, that the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and you in Him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ. (2 Thessalonians 1:11-12 NKJV)
- Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers. (3 John 1:2 NKJV)
The Good Fight of Faith: Prayer Warriors
For more Bible verses to aid spiritual warfare prayers:
- The Lord’s Prayer for Christian soldiers – The Warrior’s Prayer
GOD’S ARSENAL OF PROTECTION
START YOUR DAY WITH THESE PRAYERS AND YOUR LIFE WILL CHANGE FOREVER!
Scripture: Read and meditate on EPHESIANS 6:10-18
Father, in Jesus name, by prayer & faith, I put on Your whole armor that I may stand against the wiles of the devil. I put on Your Helmet of Salvation…let the same mind be in me that is in Christ Jesus. I put on Your Breastplate of Righteousness…the Righteousness of Christ. I put on the Girdle of Truth…Jesus is the Way, the Truth & the Life (John 14:6), the Truth, Integrity & the Holiness of God. I put on Your Sandals of the Gospel of Peace…Help us to stand on the solid ground of Jesus. Above all, I put on your Shield of Faith to quench every fiery dart, arrow, spear & missile the enemy shoots our way…& Lord, I put on Your precious Sword of the Spirit, Your Holy Word that’s alive & powerful, sharper than any two edged sword (Heb. 4:12)…our offensive & defensive weapon.
Scripture: Job 1:10
“Have you not made a hedge around him, around his household, & around all that he has on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, & his possessions have increased in the land.” (NKJ)
Father, In the name of Jesus, I ask you to keep the same hedge of protection around me, my family, my mind, my heart & emotions, as it is written in Job 1:10.
Scripture: Psalm 34:7
“The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear HIM, & delivereth them.” Psalms 91:11, 12 “For HE shall give HIS angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.”
Father, in Jesus name, I ask You to keep an encampment of Your powerful angels around me 24 hours a day.
Hebrews 1:14 “Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?” (NKJ)
Father, in Jesus name, I ask you to send a host of ministering angels (in addition to the one each believer has), to minister to our hurts, needs, pain and infirmities, strengthening us in every way.
Zechariah 2:5 “For I”, says the Lord, “will be a wall of fire all around her, & I will be the glory in her midst.” (NKJ)
Father, I just praise You & thank You that Your glory is my rear guard (Isaiah 52:12 & 58:8). In Jesus name, I ask You to surround me with Your supernatural wall of fire, to insulate me from any assaults of the devil.
Genesis 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying, “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward.” (NKJ) (Also Ps. 3:3)Prayer: Father, in Jesus name, by faith, I claim Your promise to be my shield & protector.
(The mind is satan’s playground. The battle to WIN your mind is in Vs. 5) 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 “For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments & every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.”
In the Mighty name of Jesus, I command my thoughts to come under the obedience & captivity to Jesus Christ as it is written in 2 Corinthians 10:5.
Matthew 16:19) “And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of Heaven, & whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, & whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” (NKJ) (See also Matthew 18:18)
In the name of Jesus, the Name that is above every Name & ALL things (Phil. 2:9,10 & Eph. 1:20-23), I bind up every unclean spirit & assignment coming against me, (my children, family) from, by or through anyone or anything, named or unnamed, known or unknown, 7 generations back. In the name of Jesus, I bind up the principalities, powers, rulers’ of the darkness of this world, spiritual wickedness & hosts in high places, & the prince of power of the air. In Jesus name, I bind up the strongman, the old man, every prince & stronghold, the spirit of antichrist, every evil spirit & plague, the spirit of confusion, illusion & delusion. In Jesus name, I bind up the spirit of infirmity, sickness, disease, pain, addiction, affliction, calamity, the devourer, the destroyer, the accuser, the deceiver, the corrupter & every spirit of poverty. In the name of Jesus, I bind up the spirit of strife & division, back biting & gossip, critical & judgmental spirits, spirits of resistance & hindrance, every spirit of retribution, revenge & retaliation, & the lying, seducing, deceiving spirit of deception. (I TIM. 4:1,2) In the name of Jesus, I bind up every root of fear, doubt, unbelief, discouragement & every deadly D from despair to depression, the spirit of pride, rebellion, disobedience, self, ego, independence, unforgiveness, bitterness, lust & the flesh.
THE LORD JESUS CHRIST REBUKE YOU YOU EVIL, UNCLEAN SPIRITS. (Jude 9, Zec. 3:2) I loose, in the name of Jesus Christ, deliverance, freedom & liberation, peace, joy, hope, gladness of heart, love, healing & wholeness, mercy & grace, blessings & favor, restoration of the years that the locusts have eaten (Joel 2:25), the resurrection power of Jesus Christ, a mighty harvest, & a boldness to witness for Christ. Amen and Amen!!
ALWAYS REMEMBER, God hears ALL our cries and prayers (Ps. 34:4,6,15,17. His thoughts about us number more than the sands of the sea (Ps. 139:17,18), He loves us with an everlasting love (Jer. 31:3 & John 3:16). His promises are Yes & Amen (II Cor. 1:20). We know that satan’s a liar but God has never lied nor broken a promise or covenant (Heb. 6:18, Num. 23:19, Titus 1:2). He is the God of the second chance to infinity. Nothing is too hard (Jer. 32:17, Gen. 18:14), nor impossible for Him (Luke 1:37). With man it is impossible, but with God, ALL things are possible (Matt. 19:26, Mark 10:27). He is faithful (Ps. 89, Heb. 10:23), His Word does not return void (Is. 55:11,12), He magnifies His Word above His name (Ps. 138:2) & His Word is settled in Heaven forever (Ps. 119:89). We need to trust Him & His Word, no matter what trials or tribulations we are facing, whatever mountain, valley, desert, storm or goliath that is in our life. TRUST HIM! Naham 1:7 tells us, “God is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble & He knows those who trust Him.” He tells us we have worth & value in His eyes (Jer. 29:11-13), He is our helper (Heb. 13:6) who has compassion, mercy & grace for each of us. Gods’ forgiveness is bigger than my sin. If I confess my sins, God is faithful & just to forgive me of my sins & cleanse me of ALL unrighteousness (I John 1:9). Once I confess & repent, God remembers them no more (Ps. 103:12). They are put in the sea of forgetfulness (Micah 7:19). They are under the BLOOD of JESUS, and we are set FREE, with no condemnation (Rom. 8:1), especially from ourselves. We must learn to forgive ourselves. Praise and Worship must be included in our prayers. We have the VICTORY!
PRAYER OF SALVATION & BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
|Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for sending Your Son
Jesus Christ to die on the cross for my sins. I believe He died, was buried, and on the third day rose again from the dead. I do repent of my sins and come to You for mercy and forgiveness. I renounce Satan and the kingdom of darkness. I break every family curse over my family and me. By faith in Your promise, I receive Jesus Christ personally as my Savior and confess Him as my Lord. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus, and give me eternal life and make me a child of God. Thank you, Lord, for accepting me and now, Lord Jesus, I am thirsty for more of You. I ask You, Lord Jesus, to baptize me in Your Holy Spirit . By faith I receive Your Holy Spirit now. In the name of Jesus Christ I pray. Amen.
YAHUSHUA’S PROMISES TO YOU
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you
PRAYER OF REPENTANCE
Lord Jesus Christ, Yahushua, Son of the Father,
In all humility and with our love and holy fear, we bow down before You, our Savior. May our guardian angels bow before You and bring You the prayers of our heart day and night and may they protect us from all evils when we sleep and rest. Hear the prayers from our lips whether alone in our quiet places or among our Brethren; through tears of sorrow or songs of praise and joy.
Lord, may we never ask for more than what is good for our souls and for our salvation. You showed us the Father and taught us how to pray and live as children of God. You said we should seek, ask and knock when we’re in need. You said you would never leave us nor forsake us. Jesus, You alone made us worthy to enter into Heaven when our lives come to an end. We thank You and praise You for Your love, Your life, and the promises You made and kept.
You said You would go and prepare a place for us in Your kingdom.
In Your kingdom Lord, hear our prayers now. You see and hear Your poor banished children of Eve. Before You, our world is so dark.
We Your children, Your people, see and hear the evils of our modern world. Families and children faithful to You tremble in fear of Your coming justice. Lord, we know Your Holy Words and love them. We repent of all our sins and call out to You our God. As You took pity on Abraham, Moses, Noah, Ruth and Naomi, the children of Israel, and all Your beloved disciples, so too take pity on us in our trials and tribulations in our lives of this modern and depraved world we live in. You said You’d never leave us nor forsake us. But Your Holy Words warned us of sorrows, persecutions, and even wars. Lord, we are weeping for ourselves, our families, and our children. We weep and repent of our own sins that wound You once more. Send Your Holy Spirit upon us, so that we may live more simple lives and be ever faithful, brave, forgiving, and charitable children of God the Father. Help us to shake off the ways of the world and be only faithful to You.
When the world sees us, may they give all honor and praise to You. We are Your bride who await Your coming. May you find us worthy.
In Your name, Yahushua, we pray. Amen.