One Methods:Two Simple KeysCommunity Q&A
The Bible says there is one way to Heaven. Jesus said: “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father but by me.” (John 14:6) This one way is to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior and follow God’s plans for our life which are laid out in the Bible.
Good works cannot save you. Faith in Jesus alone can save you.
“For by grace you are saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)
Trust Jesus Christ today! Here’s what you must do.
- Admit that you are a sinner and that you need God’s help.
- “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” (Romans 3:23)
- “Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:” (Romans 5:12)
- “If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.” (1 John 1:10)
- Be willing to change your mind and turn from your sin (repent).
- Jesus said: “I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.” (Luke 13:5)
- Believe that Jesus Christ died for you, was buried, and rose from the dead.
- “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)
- “But God commends his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners. Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8)
- “If you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” (Romans 10:9)
- Through prayer, invite Jesus into your heart to become your personal Lord and Savior.
- “For with the heart (core being) man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” (Romans 10:10)
- “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10:13)
- Dear God, I am a sinner and need your forgiveness. I believe that Jesus Christ shed His precious blood and died for my sin. I am willing to change and turn from my sin. I now invite Jesus Christ to come into my heart and life as my personal Savior.
- “But as many as received him, to them He gave power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name:” (John 1:12)
- “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new” . (2 Corinthians 5:17)
If you have received Jesus Christ as your Savior, as a Christian you should:
- Read your Bible every day to get to know Christ better.
Read the Holy Bible, the guide and tool to kindness and the right path to eternal life. If you encounter questions, resolve them by asking someone at your church to help you with them.
- “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing (aligning and applying) the word of truth.” (2 Timothy 2:15)
- “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” (Psalms 119:105)
- Talk to God in prayer every day.
- “And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.” (Matthew 21:22)
- “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.” (Philippians 4:6)
- “However, they did not all heed the good news; for Isaiah says, ‘LORD, WHO HAS BELIEVED OUR REPORT?’ 17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.” (Romans 10:17)
- Be baptized, worship, fellowship, and serve with other Christians in a church where Christ is preached and the Bible is the final authority on everything.
- “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:” (Matthew 28:19)
- “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.” (Hebrews 10:25)
- “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:” (2 Timothy 3:16)
- Tell others about Christ.
- “And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” (Mark 16:15)
- “For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!” (1 Corinthians 9:16)
- “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believes; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.” (Romans 1:16)
Two Simple Keys
- Learn about Jesus and believe that He died, rose from the dead as your Savior and then pray of repentance to the one, true God.
“Father, God, I change my mind and turn from my sin, reject all my wrong doing; I want your will, and I truly thank you for everything you have done and that I am now freely forgiven and can be saved from the penalty for my sins — as a free gift. I know that you place a new life in me. Thank you for your gift to me of receiving The Holy Spirit in Jesus’ name.”
- Walk in love; telling others that “There is one mediator for us, The Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who is Lord and Savior for everyone who believes, repents and follows him — and so, (walk in the Spirit):
“Follow Jesus Christ” includes going to Christian meetings with people of like faith and being Baptised. You must repent and be baptized in the name of the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit as a sign of accepting Him, for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the promised gift of the Holy Ghost. The five ways to grow your relationship with God are: praying to God, reading the Bible, praising, worshiping, and fasting. Also, through Jesus and the Holy Ghost/Holy Spirit we show God’s love by kindness, forgiving others, making peace, having a faithful, loving relationship with believers (Don’t live by feelings; judge no one harshly, not even yourself; live and walk in Christ’s Spirit, in The Spirit of God in faith, hope and charity. So, live in the Spirit and “And I give to them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man snatch them out of My hand”, Jesus said; that is safety, secured.) But, when you (in your mind) are convicted of sin — repent, asking God for, accepting forgiveness, expecting consequences for some wrongs — and going on as a Child of God, all in Christ Jesus’ name — with God as the one, true Judge of all things both good and bad. God’s love is perfect and casts out all fear.
Add New Question
How can I live with God?
Accept Jesus Christ into your heart. Know that He died on the cross for your sins, and that He then rose from the grave. Pray and read the Bible. Pray for forgiveness when you sin. Think about things before you do them, and if you aren’t certain about what to do, ask Jesus to guide you. Talk to other Christians and pray with them.
How can I free my mind when praying?
It is very easy to allow our minds to wander while we pray. When you realize that you have “wandered off” during prayers, simply try to reset your mind towards God.
I made a mistake in my past that always plays on my mind and is not allowing me to move forward. How can I really ignore it and can I ask God to help me enjoy my life?
Ignoring the past isn’t the way forward. Come to God in prayer, ask Him to take any burdens from you and to renew you. As long as its good, God will grant it.
How do I know that I am living for Jesus and not for my own good thoughts?
By following his footsteps through reading, studying, and meditating and doing His words.
What if I can’t go to church?
You can watch services on the internet or on TV, or you can listen to them on the radio. You can also just take some time for Bible study. There’s always a way; with Jesus all things are possible.
What if people reject me when I talk about Jesus Christ?
Dust yourself off and move on to the next person. Not everyone will be receptive to the word of God, but plenty of people will be.
How can I start to read the Bible? How do I know where to start?
The Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) tell Jesus’ life but in different perspectives by four of his followers, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. It is a good way to learn more about Jesus. However, if you want to read the whole story from the beginning, start at Genesis.
I pray often but still cannot stop gambling. Can you help me?
Ask the Lord to help you fill up your time and thoughts with his will. Spend time reading the Bible. Spend time with others who are seeking God, perhaps at Gamblers Anonymous. Help people in need. Seek forgiveness for your sins. Make Jesus Christ the center of your life and ask him to help you do his will each day. When you pray, believe in your heart that God has heard your prayer and pray that God’s will be done, not yours. God does not want you to continue to struggle with this. He wants you to live in his light, love, and goodness and share this with others.
What can I do if I’ve asked God to forgive me for my past mistakes, but they keep running through my mind?
If something keeps playing on your mind, it is your ego (some say Satan) that does not want you to be one with God. Instead of focusing on that ego, focus on God and his Holy Spirit within you. Choose eternal life through Christ. That is the battle we all have to face.
Can I ever know that I’m truly saved?
Yes. You will feel God in your heart and soul when you’ve been saved.
Show more answers
What does accepting Jesus as your personal savior mean?
How can I use Jesus to gain hope in my life after the death of a friend?
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Read a daily devotional based on the Bible.
- Fellowship with other Christians.
- Join an evangelical church (becoming a member).
- Attend discipleship classes at a church so that you can learn more about following Jesus.
- “Nothing can go wrong”: your ultimate destination is fixed, in Christ, but if you find yourself making mistakes and feeling guilty, confess, repent and ask for forgiveness. Make things right with your friend, neighbor or family. Life is a process, no one is perfect, not one. We all make mistakes but never let bad things consume you.
- Don’t take the easy, wide path for at the end is wickedness, destruction and grief in our world, and death and pain in the one to come. But, follow the path of the master of creation, God, taking the narrow path of truth, great reward and eternal life.
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 202,303 times.
Did this article help you?
To Ask Jesus into your heart and life click here.
Instructions: Just speak these words aloud to God from your heart, it’s that simple.
Lord, I am a sinner. I ask you to forgive me for all my sins. I repent of all my sins and renounce any involvement with occult, witchcraft, sexual sin, arrogance, greed, and covetousness. I open my heart right now to invite you to come in. You are my Lord and Savior. From this day forth I will serve you as my Lord. Cleanse me thoroughly with the blood of Jesus Christ which was shed at Calvary.
Help me to be faithful each day. Strengthen my body, soul, and spirit so that I may be able to serve you, my family, my church effectively. Use me as your instrument of love, peace, and joy. Thank you for saving my soul. Thank you, Lord, for the eternal life I have just inherited from you! In the name of Jesus Christ, Your Son, our Savior, I pray. Amen.
If you just prayed that prayer from your heart…
…CONGRATULATIONS and WELCOME TO THE FAMILY OF GOD!
Please keep in touch with this ministry and feel free to email us if you need any assistance in your walk with God. Feel free to let us know you accepted Jesus by simply declaring it in the comments section below. You don’t have to write your full name (your first OR last will do.)
Don’t forget to read your bible daily and pray (simply speak to God from your heart) every day. If you do not have a bible please email us and let us know.
Lastly, it’s always good to get all you can from the start, if you would like to be filled with the spirit of God please click here.
To return to the main page click here.
Ehart Ministries POBOX 65328 University Place WA 98464-1328