Hurray! You are a year older and you have come a long way, so celebrating your birthday is but a must.
Friends and family have brought the gifts and sure have made your day with their sweet wishes, but deep down within… you want more! This time, a Birthday Prayer to grace your own day.
You’ve Searched for “Happy Birthday Prayers for Myself?” See the best collection of birthday prayers for yourself below.
Note: If you find these prayers helpful, kindly drop a comment and then share. I will be grateful.
=> Table of Contents
- Short Birthday Prayers for Myself
- Long Birthday Prayers for Myself
Table of contents
- 1 Short Birthday Prayers for Myself – Thank You, Dear God, for Another Year
- 2 Long Birthday Prayers for Myself
- 3 A Birthday Prayer for someone in your life:
- 4 Irish Blessing (great for encouraging friends and family on their birthday!)
- 5 Psalm 139 Birthday Prayer (The Message Bible)
- 6 Bible Verses for Celebrating Birthdays
- 7 A Birthday Blessing
- 8 Birthday Prayers for Cards
- 9 Prayer to have a Happy Birthday Celebration
- 10 Prayer for a Newborn Baby’s Birthday
- 11 Read Birthday Bible Verses
- 12 Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Birthday Prayers and Blessings”
- 13 Recent prayer requests…
Short Birthday Prayers for Myself – Thank You, Dear God, for Another Year
If you want the “Short Birthday Prayers for Myself”, then these would do.
If not, scroll to Long Birthday Prayers for Yourself.
1. Lord, I thank you for granting me yet another day of celebration. Thank you for the gift of another beautiful year. I’m grateful, Lord.
2. Lord God, I appreciate you for giving me another year to live. Thank you for the knowledge of life you’ve granted me. Lord, I thank you for each and everything.
3. My maker, all I’ve in heaven and earth is you. You’ve shown me much love and kindness these past years. Forever will I be grateful.
4. Thank You, Lord, for all the beautiful happenings in my life in the past years. It can only be You, Lord.
5. Beautiful Jesus, how excellent You are? You’ve shown me much more than I deserve. And I thank you for granting me yet another year with good success.
6. Who am I to have enjoyed your love, care, gift, miracles and much more? But, You’ve kept me this far. Thank You, Jesus, for another fulfilled year.
7. You’re the reason I live. You’re the reason I breathe. You’re the reason I flourish. You’re the reason for everything good thing in my life. Thank you for another great year, Lord.
8. Today being my birthday, Lord, I ask for forgiveness. I ask for joy and happiness. I ask for success at all times. Amen.
9. Awesome God, I bless your name for making me witness another year of fulfilment.
10. Everlasting Father, I appreciate your kindness and love You’ve shown to me in the past years. I ask for more as I start another today. Amen.
11. Lord, I thank you for sending me divine helpers this last year. I’ll always be indebted to You. And I ask for more in Jesus’ name.
12. It’s yet another year of joy, happiness, fulfilment, and great opportunities. Lord, I pray you grant these in Jesus’ name.
13. It isn’t that I know how to praise you, how to pray to You, how to fast, that has kept me alive. But because I have a great God who overlooks my shortcomings. Thank you, Lord, for another year.
14. I thank You, Lord, for the people that stood by me this last year. I also appreciate those that left me when I had problems. Most especially, my thanks go to my Father in heaven for not disappointing me.
15. You’ve done so many wonders in my life in the past years. As I grow older, I understand, Jesus is the reason for my living.
16. My Comforter, no love can be compared to that of Yours. Thank you God, for loving me this much.
17. It’s another year to live, to flourish, to dance, to love, to accomplish, and do greater things. Thank You, Jesus.
18. In all the earth, You’re the best friend I have. Jesus, I owe you my life, for sparing me, even to witness another birthday.
19. Glorious God, I’m happy you found me. If I wasn’t in Jesus, what would have become of my life? Thank you, Lord, for this year.
20. Miracle worker, I’ve experienced your miracle all the years I have spent on this earth. I pray as another year starts today, I’ll not stop experiencing Your miracles. Amen.
21. I dedicate this day to the Almighty God, who has kept me, and brought me this far. Happy birthday to me.
22. I wish myself a better now than ever. May God’s infinite power be upon me. Happy birthday to me.
23. When the whole world put me down, God stood by me. Whatever I am today, it’s by the grace of God. Happy birthday to me.
24. The Lord’s strength and love have guided me and gave me courage to move forward in life. Happy birthday to me.
25. I pray that the Almighty decorates each golden ray of sunshine reaching me with success, happiness and prosperity. Happy birthday to me.
26. Lord, you’ve guided me and gave me your boundless love. I pray you fill this year with blessings and love from above. Happy birthday to me.
27. Whatever I am today would not have been possible without God’s love, care, blessings and protection. I owe all to you, God! Happy birthday to me
28. You made my life a wonderful and unique experience, providing me with all the provisions I needed to scale through the bad times. Thank you, Lord! Happy birthday to me.
29. It’s no gainsay that God has blessed me and gave me wings to fly. I will worship and adore Him, forever. Happy birthday to me!
30. Thank God for the grace and mercy enjoyed the last years. I can’t thank you enough, Lord. I wish myself a happier and better birthday.
31. Thank God for another well deserved year. I pray God gives me joy throughout this year. Amen. Happy birthday to me.
32. The Lord has done it again. He has added a good year to my years. I am so glad! Happy birthday to me.
33. May I stay alive to achieve all the success I desire. Happy birthday to me.
34. Happy birthday to someone very special… Guess who? It’s me!
35. I wish myself God’s blessings and protection as I move to the next level of my life. Happy birthday to me.
36. God’s grace has been sufficient for me in the last years. I wish myself more of it as I grow. Happy birthday to me.
37. Life hasn’t been easy. But with God on my side, I’m stronger. I wish myself God’s unending love on life. Happy birthday to me.
38. Some years back, a queen was born. And that’s me. Happy birthday to me.
39. Happy birthday to me. I wish myself more of good things in life. Amen!
40. Birthdays come once in a year. And they are opportunities to thank God for the grace enjoyed the last years. May I live long to continue to thank God for His mercies. Happy birthday to me.
41. I wish myself all the success I couldn’t achieve the last years. Happy birthday to me.
42. It’s so wonderful to be alive to celebrate this birthday with family and friends. I wish I put right all I’ve done wrong. Happy birthday to me.
43. God has blessed me with all I asked for last year. And for this reason, I am asking him to answer all my silent prayers. Amen. Happy birthday to me.
44. God has blessed and opened doors for me this last year. There’s nothing I can offer than to say thank you. Continue the wonders this year, Lord. Happy birthday to me.
45. The Lord has been doing great things for me since I was born. All these, I do not deserve. God, I pray that you be happy with me all the rest of my life. Amen! Happy birthday to me.
46. Birthdays are opportunities to correct all the wrongs of the previous years. I pray I continue to live a life of no mistakes. Happy birthday to me.
47. Happy birthday to me. May God answer all my silent prayers, and give me greater opportunities this year. Happy birthday to me.
48. I wish myself more and more blessings with each passing day in this new year. Happy birthday to me.
49. Throughout the past year, God has been faithful. His faithfulness has helped me this far. Happy birthday to me.
50. I have loved,
I have hated,
I have been dejected,
I have rejected,
I have been mocked,
Above all, I have been accepted by God! Happy birthday to me.
51. Happy birthday to me! God bless the day I was born into this world…
52. I have made it to another year. Thank God for good friends and family. I am lucky! Happy birthday to me.
53. It’s another opportunity to live well and please God. May I not misuse it. Happy birthday to me.
54. Last year, God sent me helpers in diverse ways, ways I never thought of. Lord, my prayer is that you continue with the surprise, this year and beyond. Happy birthday to me.
55. Whoever says there’s no God KS a living dead. I have experienced God’s hands on every of my projects last year. I pray you keep supporting me, Lord. Happy birthday to me.
56. God, this new year of mine, I want testimony galore. And I know you will do it. Happy birthday to me.
57. Jesus is the reason why I live. What He’s done, no man can ever do. I give you all glory and accolades. Happy birthday to me.
58. Lord, you’ve given me a better life. People now see your glory in my life. I dedicate this day to you, Lord. Happy birthday to me.
59. Wherever I turn to, I see God. In my business, I see God. In my finances, I see God. When I’m traveling, I see God. God is just part of my life. Happy birthday to me.
60. Greatness has finally found me. All praises be to God. Happy birthday to me!
61. Happy birthday to me… May I have reasons to rejoice every day in this new year.
62. As I sing praises to you, oh Lord, may your praises never cease from my mouth. Happy birthday to me.
63. God has granted me riches and plenty of wealth. I’ll forever be grateful for everything. Happy birthday to me.
64. As I add another year, oh Lord, fill me with the goodness and kindness of your strength. Amen.
65. This new year, Lord grant me power. Power to love and make others feel important, everywhere I go. Happy birthday to me.
66. Lord, this year, whenever I want to prove that I’ve achieved a lot, bring me back to my senses and make me know only you have brought me this far. Happy birthday to me.
67. As I clock another age, Lord I beg you to make my star shine, even brighter than I am expecting. Happy birthday to me.
68. If you’re looking for an example of God’s grace, go no further. This is me! It’s by your grace, Lord, that I’m celebrating another year of fulfilment. Happy birthday to me.
69. Just when I thought I’d die, my God gave me million reasons to live. Thank you Lord for another year.
70. This new year, may my glory not be chattered. May my joy not become once upon a time. May my laughter continue to increase. Happy birthday to me.
Long Birthday Prayers for Myself
Perhaps, you want the Long Birthday Prayers for Yourself, the following would do.
Do you want to change your mind? Then scroll back to “Short Birthday Prayers for Yourself“.
71. Being alive is not just something one can do on his/her own. Lord, I thank you for the last years. Thank you for good family and friends. Thank you for surprising me whenever I need you. Make this new year beautiful for me. Happy birthday to me.
72. In life, one meets different folks. I’m happy because you’ve given me the best among all humans because they made the last year so beautiful and memorable. As this year starts, let my life begin to overflow with hope and joy. Happy birthday to me.
73. The last year has been rough and tough for me. But thank God for sending good people my way. The Lord has made me proud by giving me the most amazing friends. And I am grateful for this. My prayer is that I continue to live and bless lives. Happy birthday to me.
74. Serving God pays. When people thought I’d be nowhere to be found, the Lord found me and brought me back, fully. There’s nothing too difficult for my God to do. And that’s why He has blessed me with another glorious year. Happy birthday to me.
75. Happy birthday to me!
Happy love day to me!
Happy prosperity day to me!
Happy laugh day to me!
Happy cake day to me!
Happy testimony day to me!
May God grant me long life and prosperity. Amen!
76. The word “God” is just a sequence of letters to some people. For me, it is the source of my happiness, strength, and wealth. Thank you, Lord for granting me another chance to live. Happy birthday to me.
77. There is a prayer
Within my heart, today,
That God richly blesses me,
On my birthday and each day
All the year, with joy and happiness. Happy birthday to me.
78. I’m celebrating my birthday and also celebrating the anniversary of me arriving this world. May God keep making me better and happier. Happy birthday to me.
79. On my birthday,
I wish myself all the joys my heart can hold.
All the smiles the day can bring.
All the happiness life can unfold.
May I have God’s best in everything. Happy birthday to me.
80. Wishing myself a birthday that’s a very special day
A day full of smiles, laughter and fun,
A day of enjoying all of the life’s pleasures,
A day of enjoying myself. Happy birthday to me.
81. I realized that life has taught me so many lessons. The good, bad, and ugly. But through all these, the Lord has sustained me. Thank you, Lord, for leading me always. Happy birthday to me.
82. In life, giving is most essential. When you give, God blesses you in multiple folds. I can say I have sacrificed so much in the last year. Both in God’s works and the people I see. And God has blessed me very much. Happy birthday to me.
83. Happy birthday to me. May heaven bless, keep, and make way for me this year. May things of celebration never cease to happen in my life. Happy birthday to me.
84. I have scaled through another year again. Praise and glory be to God who granted me a beautiful new year. I will always be grateful for everything. Happy birthday to me.
85. Celebrating ones life and success, and of course, a beautiful new year, is something some people couldn’t wait to enjoy, and they are gone. I’m thanking God for making me be among the living. Happy birthday to me.
86. May God be above and beyond me everywhere I go this year. May He be my shield, rock, friend, and fortress. May He go before me in everything I do. Amen. Happy birthday to me.
87. It’s another time to celebrate God’s unending faithfulness and love over my life. Lord, I thank you for the problems I faced the last year because they will be my ladder to a successful life. Amen. Happy birthday to me.
88. Last year, God changed my story. He made me meet my helper. And ever since, I have been enjoying in all ramifications. Nothing has been impossible with God. I am glad I have God in my life. I pray He surprises me more this year. Happy birthday to you.
89. Whoever is alive, and does not thank God for the gift of life is an ingrate. God deserves all the thanks and accolades for sparing one’s life. I’m thanking God for giving me a good life and making it possible for me to live a happy one. Happy birthday to me.
90. When you please God, He does good to you. No one ever pleases God and does not get rewarded in multiple folds. I have enjoyed God’s grace up till now. And I’m thanking Him for granting me another year of fulfilment. Happy birthday to me.
91. Prayer of Guidance and Protection
God will be with me through life’s weary ways,
His light shall guide me in all the dark paths,
He shall be my defence and succour in all ways,
And His guardian angels shall never depart from me.
I will be preserved from all hidden snares,
And temptation will never take me unawares,
I will not be given more than I can bear,
And when I call on God, steadily he will be there!
I shall go forth in God’s name,
As my daily labour, I pursue.
I shall be hidden by God’s loving frame,
And His blessings shall He send on me like the morning dew.
God shall crown all my efforts with Success,
And all my daily struggles with testimonies.
I shall find favour where others lobby,
And His grace will be sure for me
Where ever I have no connection.
Those that sees me down below before,
Shall begin to look up unto me.
And all that I have lost,
I shall regain them back.
So shall it be on the occasion of my birthday and forever.
Amen, Amen and Amen.
92. Thank God for Another Year
For a brand new day,
For new hours of His blessedness
For a year of sunshine and rain
For the Cute Smiling face
For a year well spent,
For all the wishes and birthday gifts
For the Virtual Candles and all…
I thank my dear God who gives them all.
Happy Birthday to me.
93. I Pray for Success
The success that cannot be hidden,
The testimonies that are too big to share,
Miracles that never happened to anyone,
Shall be my lot today and forever.
Even as I celebrate my birthday. Amen.
Happy Birthday to me.
94. I Pray for Better Days Ahead
My days shall neither be spent in weariness,
Nor every moment from this day without hope.
And May God bring me stability, where in life I grope.
May His hands of mercy find me wherever I am lost,
And may His guardian angels save me at all cost. Amen.
Happy Birthday to me.
95. All Eyes Shall Begin to See the New Me
Henceforth, the eyes that have seen me in trials,
Shall be the very ones that will witness my turnarounds,
And hearts that sigh deeply at all my conditions,
Shall gather to rejoice with my new levels in God.
the mouths that spread the tales of my limitations,
Shall begin to spread the news of my abounding joy.
So shall it be from this day and forward.
Amen. Happy birthday to me.
96. I Pray a Greater Me
The eyes that have seen me broken down in sorrows,
Shall see me being lifted up in all your ways.
The hand that has been given to me,
Shall begin to receive from me.
This shall happen to me from today, and forever.
Amen. Happy birthday to me.
97. An End Shall Come to My Miseries
The Lord that used a stick to bring out the axe head through Elijah,
Shall help me recover all in life that I have lost,
The same God that used a rod to construct a bridge for the Israelites
Shall make ways for me where my enemies say there is no way.
The Lord that raised up the dead Lazarus,
Shall bring to life all that is dead in my life,
The one that feeds thousands with two fishes and five loaves,
Shall sign a perpetual deal of abundance for me.
And the Lord that takes the Israelites out of bondage in Egypt,
Shall surely take me out of all my life’s struggles.
So shall it be today, on my birthday and forever more.
Amen. Happy birthday to me.
98. My Petitions and Supplications
It’s another year of your unmerited favour,
Another year of your endless mercy and grace…
And as I’ve come in years past, I’m here now,
And I’ve come to ask as you word demands:
When I lift up my head, even unto the hills,
When I look down, through the valleys low…
When helpless, in search for someone to help
Let my help come from You, my Lord and maker,
The creator of heaven and earth.
Happy birthday to me.
99. I want You to Be My All in All
In You, I want to live, move and forever have my being.
In You, I want to rest and find help in times of need.
By you, I want to do all things that my hand finds to do,
And by you, I want to walk through all life’s challenges.
Help me, dear Lord, to become all you have made me to.
Help me to celebrate every birthday in your love. Amen.
100. To a Faithful God
All of my life, I’ve never known you to fail because You are the same wonderful God I’ve known from my mother’s womb.
In all the years I’ve been to and fro this planet earth, you have not stopped being a dear Father and friend to me.
So I have come with a heart of gratitude, saying I will be yours as long as I live. Thank you, Lord, for another year.
101. Thank You for Everything
My dear father and friend, I have come to say thank you for the gift of life and for adding another wonderful year to my age. And according to your word, Lord I have come to ask that you continue to be my guide, protector, defence, confidant, provider, saviour, redeemer and my all.
Thank you for the answered prayers. Happy birthday from you to me.
102. Forever, I Will Wait on You
From now on, I will wait on you. In times of need, I will seek your face, your face alone.
When darkness would come, I’ll run to your light, and when perplexed, I’ll run to you for refuge.
In my weary moments, Lord let me find you near; and when all help seems gone, let me see you as my reward.
Lord, help me to solely look unto you for help and no matter what comes my way, help me to praise your name.
This and much more I ask, dear Lord, even as I celebrate another birthday in your grace and loving-kindness.
103. I Ask for Blessings
Lord, I have come again to ask for your blessings, wisdom and all that your love can do. Help me to continue to live the life that pleases you and be the person you have created me to be.
To all my family, friends and loved ones, help me be a sure source of joy, merriment and help in times of need.
Help me to follow you daily, doing all things as you would always want me to. In Jesus name, Amen.
Once again, thank you for sparing my life to see another birthday in sound health. I love you, Lord.
104. Never Let Me Go, Lord
As you’ve done from ages past, Lord, continue to draw me closer to you and never let me go.
Since it’s another year that you have made, I lay my life down again, as an expression of gratitude.
I have come to seek refuge and solace in you, my strength, song and friend, for no one’s help would ever do.
Yes, here I have asking you to take your place inside of me, filling me with all of you.
And when the trials and temptations of the world would come at me, help me to stay tuned to you.
Yes, you are all I ever wanted and needed and that you will continue to be.
Happy birthday to me from you, Lord.
105. I Will Bless You, Lord
To the Lord who is rich in love
And to Him that’s slow to anger
The one whose name is ever great
And who has got a kind heart
For all Your goodness, Lord
For another year of your kindness toward me
For thousands of ways to prove your love for me…
My soul will continually bless you, Lord
My Spirit will worship your Holy Name, forever
My mouth will sing of your love like never before
And I will tell of your endless love for me.
Want More? See this Collection of Personal Birthday Prayers You Can Say to Yourself.
Birthdays are a perfect opportunity for us to celebrate the gift of life.
Thus, sending a religious birthday greetings is the best way to convey our wishes to someone celebrating his or her birthday.
So here are some prayer messages to send to a special someone who is celebrating his or her special day.
My only prayer on your special day is for your life to be filled with the wonder and glory of His abiding love.
Happy birthday! May you feel His presence not only today, but all throughout the coming years of your life!
Every day is a great opportunity to celebrate God’s awesome works. Each day is a gift of God indeed and your birthday is a perfect day to celebrate one of his wondrous works, which is creating you! Enjoy your special day!
Faith is said to be the seed of inspiration. Happiest birthday to someone who never stop inspiring me!
On your special day, I wish that your faith would make you even stronger. I love you and no matter what you’re going through, I will always be here for you. Happy birthday!
May you have an awesome birthday and may you feel God’s loving presence in every step along your life’s journey!
God’s love is truly never ending. Let us celebrate this day for it’s your birthday, which is a proof of God’s undying love.
100 Happy Birthday Wishes
On your birthday, may God warm your heart and lift your spirits. May He grant you peace not only on this very special day, but also in every single day of your life!
Happy birthday! Take God’s hand and get excited to celebrate ahead! The Lord has so many great things planned for you so welcome it with open arms.
Birthday Greetings for Facebook – How to Write Happy Birthday post on Facebook wall
The road of the faithful may not always be easy, and that is why God gave us a choice to go through life in our own way. Happy birthday!
Happy birthday! It is just amazing how often God allowed our two paths to reconnect further down life’s journey, so let’s celebrate your amazing day!
I wish I would be there to celebrate this special day with you. Please know that you are always in my thoughts and I will always pray for your good health and that you will have a wonderful birthday!
Cute Happy Birthday Wishes for a Dog Lover with Images
I can simply greet you a Happy birthday on your special day, but I will not do that. Instead, I will shout it out to let everyone know just how amazing you are!
Remember that before you were born, He already planned your every step in life. Since it’s your birthday, get ready to receive His blessings in your life.
On your birthday, my prayer is for you to be able to reach your goal in life. Have an awesome birthday, my love!
Happiest birthday to the most amazing person ever. I pray that you will continue to be an amazing friend to me and may you have so many more birthdays to come.
Hey, cheer up! It is your special day and a perfect time to celebrate! Remember that the Lord will guide you every single step of the way so there is no need to worry.
I do not need to remind you of the precious gift that the Lord has given you, which is the gift of life. I just want you to know that you have touched my life in the most positive way. Happy birthday!
May the Lord bless you with a life that is filled with so much hope and love. May His abundance continue to shower upon you all throughout the coming year, happy birthday!
Smile, since it is your birthday. You have all the things that you have ever wished to have. Enjoy it every day and continue to keep on praying so God will continue to bless you abundantly.
The 105 Best Birthday Quotes With Heartfelt Wishes and Messages
Birthdays are not only about presents, but it is all about His presence. So let’s celebrate and enjoy what He has given to us, a gift called life.
Rejoice and be grateful for the day that God made you. He has certainly made the very best gift ever and that is you. Continue to inspire others with your kindness.
Happy birthday! I pray that God will continue to shower you with his loving grace!
Delight yourself in God and He will surely give you the desires of your heart. I truly believe that the reason He made you is because you are all what I desire for in life. Happy birthday!
The 55 Romantic Birthday Wishes for Wife From Loving Husband
God has given you life and you carried on from there. Thank you for coming to my life and I am just so proud to be a part of your amazing journey. May you have a wonderful birthday because you deserve nothing but only the best!
Faith, hope and love. You all have them, and you wear all these so humbly and never fail to pass them on to others. May God continue to richly bless you not only on your special day but also in every single step of the way!
Today, in the most special of days, take God’s hand and allow him to guide you into the most exciting and joyful ride you’ll ever take in your life. Happy birthday!
The Lord has made you unique. You truly are one of a kind, full of generosity, kindness and limitless possibilities. You’re certainly the best thing that has happened to me.
The Lord thought about me when He made you. No wonder why we are so perfect for each other, because indeed, His ways are always perfect.
God does not count the money that you have in your bank nor the candles you blow on your cake. What matters is the love you have in your soul, which is exactly what you have. Thank you for your unconditional love, happy birthday!
My prayer on your birthday is for you to be forever happy and that you follow God’s will for your life. May God continue to bless you and may you have so many more birthdays to come!
Thank God for the gift of life. I am so lucky to have you and I look forward to celebrate many more birthdays with you. Happy birthday!
Happy birthday! I pray that today will be one of the happiest days in your life. May God continue to bless you!
There is no greater gift than God’s gift of life. Therefore, I did not bother to shop for any gift for your birthday. May you enjoy my heartfelt wishes on this very special day!
On your special day, take time to think of the things that have happened in the year that passed. There might be some challenges along the way, but God has truly blessed you with so many amazing things that no other person will deserve but you. Happy birthday!
I know I am not showing you my love as often as I should. I am forever grateful that God is there to back me up. Enjoy your day, happy birthday!
A lot of people will choose to bless you on your birthday and that includes me. May the goodwill, kindness and generosity of others shine upon you today! Have a blessed birthday!
God choose to help those who will help themselves and those who will celebrate more birthdays, God will make sure they live longer. Happy birthday!
Life is a wonderful journey and God is usually the destination. Let us celebrate that day you were born and started your journey. Happy birthday!
May God’s amazing blessings be with you on this special day and for the coming years ahead! May His blessings continue to flow in all areas of your life, and may you have a blessed birthday ever.
Happy birthday and I pray that God will continue to guide you in all the things that you will choose to do.
As the dawn breaks and another day will unfold, may it provide you with real hope in what the future will hold! I pray that you will be happy not only on this day but for the coming days ahead. Happy birthday!
Rejoice for God has blessed you with another year in your life. Since its your birthday, take this opportunity to thank God for the gift of life and for the many blessings He has showered upon you. May you have a blessed birthday!
Here’s a toast to celebrate another year in your life. I pray that you’ll continue to live a healthy and joyous life.
A life that’s well lived will always be a great reason to celebrate. God is in heaven now and doing a happy dance.
Here’s wishing you the most amazing birthday. May God’s heavenly face shine upon you not only on this special day but for the rest of the days of your life.
Happy birthday, may the Lord continue to bless you! Thank you for being the greatest friend I have.
I pray that mercy and goodness will accompany you today and for the rest of your beautiful life. Happy birthday!
It really makes me so happy to be celebrating your birthday. I pray that God will continue to bless you and may He wrap his mighty arms around you for protection not only on this day but for the rest of your life.
Happy birthday! My prayer is for God Almighty to never stop blessing you. May you see more remarkable days like what you have today!
I pray that your special day will be as awesome as you are. Happiest birthday to you my dear! May you always be showered with so many blessings in life!
May the Lord continue to give you enough strength and wisdom to go through life smoothly and surpass all the challenges that you will face ahead! Stay blessed, my friend, and enjoy your life to the fullest!
Birthdays are a wonderful time to celebrate the life God has given us and to encourage our friends and family with uplifting words. Below is a collection of Birthday Prayers and encouragements to give to someone on their special day!
A Birthday Prayer for someone in your life:
Dear Lord, on this day that we celebrate “insert name”’s birth, I pray for blessings and joy over “insert name”. You knew everything about “insert name” before her birth and You have a plan of prosperity and hope for her life! Let her feel confident and ready for the year ahead knowing that You have an order to her steps and a purpose for her life. Help her to find joy in every circumstance in life, knowing that You work all things out for good. I thank You for “insert name”, for loving her with unconditional love, and for the promises You have spoken over her life. In Jesus Name, Amen.
Irish Blessing (great for encouraging friends and family on their birthday!)
May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm on your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
May God be with you and bless you,
May you see your children’s children.
May you be poor misfortune,
Rich in blessings,
May you know nothing but happiness From this day forward.
May the road rise to meet you
May the wind always be at your back,
May the warm rays of sun fall upon your home,
And may the hand of a friend always be near.
May green be the grass you walk on,
May blue be the sky above you,
May pure be the joys that surround you,
May true be the hears that love you.
Psalm 139 Birthday Prayer (The Message Bible)
Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you, the days of my life all prepared before I’ve even lived one day. Your Thoughts – how rare, how beautiful! God, I’ll never comprehend them! I couldn’t even begin to count them – any more than I could count the sand of the sea. Oh, let me rise in the morning and live always with you!
Bible Verses for Celebrating Birthdays
Celebrate God’s blessing of life with these Bible verses that are perfect for sending to someone on their birthday. Every life is precious and God has a plan for every baby that is born. The Bible is filled with promises of hope and a future. Take time on your birthday or the birthday of a family member or friend to remember that God is the giver of life and He loves you!
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. – Ephesians 2:10
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11
Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust in Him and He will do this: He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun. – Psalm 37: 4-6
Read more Bible verses that are great for birthdays and send a free birthday ecard!
This article is part of our larger Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can’t find the words to pray.
Prayer for Healing
Prayer for StrengthPrayer for ProtectionMorning PrayersGood Night PrayersShort PrayersPrayer for ForgivenessPrayer for GuidanceIrish Prayers and BlessingsPrayers for My HusbandPrayers for My SonPrayers for My DaughterPrayer Quotes
Now available is our new Daily Prayer devotional! An easy way to find start your day with prayer, read today’s prayer and sign up to receive by email.
Birthdays are wonderful occasions to celebrate one’s progress through life. Use these birthday prayers to bless, protect, and guide the birthday boy or girl on this special day.
A Birthday Blessing
Here is a nice prayer to say for someone who is celebrating their birthday. This blessing asks God to protect and guide the recipient through the coming year.
Renew My Strength
Heavenly Father, Please bless (name),
for today is (his/her) birthday.
Dear Lord, please protect and guide (name) as she
continues along the path youve chosen for her.
Give her the courage to follow in your light, and feel
your love wherever she goes.
Make her strong and give her the strength to make
good decisions in the coming year. Keep her free from
illness and sadness, for she is a truly good person who
deserves happiness and success in all aspects of life.
We know that life is like a book. With each new
chapter, we learn and grow towards what you would
have us be. Bless (name) now on this day, and in the future.
In your name we pray,
Birthday Prayers for Cards
Here are a couple birthday blessing poems that would be perfect for writing in a card, or posting on someones Facebook wall. They are sure to elicit a smile from the recipient:
May God Grant you Friendship
May God grant you friendship
and warm love within your home.
May he surround you in the quiet peace
that’s found in him alone.
May his hand lead you to laughter,
and his love dry every tear.
As you sense his presence in your life
more deeply every year.
Birthday Candle Prayer
Jesus said, “I am the light of the world”
May the birthday candles that represent the years of your life.
Be a reflection to others of your love for Christ.
I said a Prayer for You Today
I said a prayer for you today
And know God must have heard.
I felt the answer in my heart
Although he spoke no word!
I didn’t ask for wealth or fame
(I knew you wouldn’t mind).
I asked him to send treasures
Of a far more lasting kind!
I asked that he be near you
At the start of each new day;
To grant you health and blessings
And friends to share your way!
I asked for happiness for you
In all things great and small.
But it was for his loving care
I prayed the most of all!
Prayer to have a Happy Birthday Celebration
Here is a blessing to help ensure that one has a happy birthday celebration. Birthdays should be a time of happiness and merriment.
O God, Please ensure that (name)
has a happy and celebratory birthday.
I pray that (name) is surrounded by family
and friends as she marks the passing
of another year.
In your name I pray
Prayer for a Newborn Baby’s Birthday
Lets not forget the most important birthday of all. A baby’s first!
God bless this perfect little one,
Keep him safe and sound.
Bless his tiny hands and feet,
so he may conquer and defeat.
Brighten up his spiritual eyes,
so that he may undoubtedly become wise.
Bless his cute little mouth,
So your name he can shout.
But most of all bless his little mind,
to stay heavenly divine.
Oh! And don’t forget to bless his parents too
For the big job they got to do.
Read Birthday Bible Verses
“Why did I come out from the womb to see toil and sorrow, and spend my days in shame?”
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Birthday Prayers and Blessings”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Financial help- Lord Father, My birthday is approaching. I ask for your forgiveness and mercy. Please remove us from this present financial condition and let me beat… …
- Pray with me daily- Heavenly father. I ask for forgiveness of my sins. I ask for healing. When I am asleep I ask that I attend classes. Amen. …
- 12 Heart-Warming Birthday Prayers For Your Friends and Family- Image source: When you are facing an empty page you might catch yourself fixed on just what to write in a birthday card, making… …
- Me to have a closer and better relationship with God- Lord help me to be mindful of you every day and you being present in my life. To ask for forgiveness each day and to… …
- Long Life- Dear, Father God I Love you please keep ME safe always and please let ME make it to December to see many more birthdays on… …
- 75th Birthday- Thank you, God, for 75 years in your presence. I pray for many more in good health and sound mind so that I can serve… …
- Family and ministry- On this my birthday I thank God for keeping me 48 years. I pray for a passing grade in my seminary courses, for my son’s… …
- 29th Birthday Celebration- Please pray that my boyfriend Joey would get invited to my 29th birthday party at my Lowell home next May and be the best day… …
- Love- There’s evidence in the world. …
- Birthday Prayer of thanksgiving- Today marks the 21st year of my life. I thank the Lord for blessing and guiding me way back those years and for the incoming… …
- Prayer for Our Child- As our daughter turns 21 this month, we thank you for the greatest gift you have given us and ask you to fill her with… …
- Thank you Lord for the gift- Dear Lord Today is my 55th birthday. I am very much grateful Lord for all the blessings you have bestowed on me and my family.… …
- Nineteenth birthday- Stay healthy and more birthdays to come. …
- Feeling lost- I took a trip to new York recently for my birthday. Instead of it being the vacation and celebration I thought it would be; My… …
- Confidence- Father God i come to you with Thanksgiving in my heart, thanking you for the love you have given me toward your people. Thanking you… …
- Money- I need a huge financial miracle in my life today like 5,000. Dollars. Heavenly father you said in your words that you will supply my… …
- Long life- Dear , Lord jesus i love you Please bless me to see My 25th birthday on December 9th and many more in december….thank you lord… …
- Protection healling and blessing- My birthday should be a blessed one to my life. …
- 2nd year without him- I was born on my fathers birthday back when those things could only be arranged by the hand of God. Since he died, everyday is… …
- My family & myself- Special intention. Thank you. …
More prayers posted in: Birthday