Table of contents
Praying for peaceful sleep
Oh Heavenly Father, as I lay my head down to sleep, I ask for your comfort and strength. Ease my mind. Help me to let everything go, and leave it all in your hands. Give me peace that I may sleep without tossing and turning.
Encamp your angels around me, that no harm will come to me or my household. I cover each and every member of my household in the blood of Jesus.
Read also: A Prayer for those Sleepless Nights
Praying for a restful night
Almighty God, bless my night, and bless the coming day. I’m so tired and anxious, burdened by the cares of the day. Lay your hand upon me and quiet my restless soul. Cradle me in your protective arms, dear Lord. Give me rest that tomorrow will be a very productive day.
1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because He cares for you.
Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Encamp your angels around me, that no harm will come to me or my household. Click To Tweet
Refresh me fully and fill me with your joy, oh Heavenly Father. Wipe away my tears of today. I repent of my sins and look to your Holy Spirit for guidance and protection. In Jesus name, Amen!
Psalm 56:3 When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Psalm 46:1-2, 10-11 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble, therefore we will not fear…Be still, and know that I am God…the Lord Almighty is with us.”
Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning. -Psalm 30:5. Click To Tweet
In My Prayer Room • 3 Hours of Piano Worship Music, Instrumental Worship, Prayer Music #PianoMessage
As we face daily challenges, many of us struggle to calm our thoughts. We let health issues, relationships, work, financial needs and other important matters cloud our mind. It is in these moments of relentless disruptive thoughts that we can turn to God for a peace of mind.
I know what it’s like waking up at 3 a.m. and not being able to get back to sleep while my mind races to things I need to do and issues that need to be resolved. Nothing helps me calm my thoughts more than talking to God in prayer. I can’t explain it, but I know that prayer works. Praying for peace of mind is one of the most powerful tools we have access to as people of faith.
In times of great anxiety, prayer makes a difference. When we hand our urgent thoughts over to God, the peace of heaven replaces our worries. I like how it is stated in the Bible:
Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. (Philippians 4:6-7)
The next time you are restless and can’t sleep or focus, stop and pray for God to replace your worries with His peace.
Lord, let your peace overcome my worries and anxious thoughts.
This prayer for peace of mind asks god to relieve anxiety and stress,
and grant a clarity of mind to feel at ease in one’s life. Say it in the morning
or evening on a daily basis until you feel at peace.
Also, one of the best prayers for anxiety is the famous Serenity Prayer.
If you’re not familiar with this prayer, I highly recommend it.
A Prayer for Peace of Mind
Almighty God, We bless you for our lives,
we give you praise for your abundant mercy and grace
we receive. We thank you for your faithfulness even
though we are not that faithful to you.
Lord Jesus, we ask you to give us all around
peace in our mind, body, soul and spirit.
We want you to heal and remove everything that is
causing stress, grief, and sorrow in our lives.
Please guide our path through life and make our
enemies be at peace with us. Let your peace reign in our family,
at our place of work, businesses and everything we lay our hands on.
Let your angels of peace go ahead of us when we go out
and stay by our side when we return. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
A Prayer to Heal Stress
Heavenly Father, please grant me peace of mind
and calm my troubled heart. My soul is like
a turbulent sea. I can’t seem to find my balance
so I stumble and worry constantly. Give me the
strength and clarity of mind to find my purpose
and walk the path you’ve laid out for me. I trust
your Love God, and know that you will heal this stress.
Just as the sun rises each day against the dark of
night. Please bring me clarity with the light of God.
In your name I pray, Amen.
Below, you can submit a prayer request to be posted to the site. Together we can bring peace of mind to one another through the power of prayer and heal anxiety.
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “A Prayer for Peace of Mind”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Strain from moving preparation – We are in the process of looking for a new home in a different state. Time is limited and it is going slow. That is …
- To go back home and a peace of mind – Praise God brethren, am kindly requesting for your prayers that I will exit Oman where am working as a housemaid. Am going through a lot …
- Accepting my Meds – That the antidepressants and GERD medications that I take are God’s way of humbling me; depending on Him, that it’s not about perfection but seeing …
- Becoming Independent Again – Dear Lord, I ask that the coming New Year will bring about a change in my living arrangements. I ask that You give me the …
- Assault and Battery – I ask for prayer for being attacked in the workplace by a coworker approximately 3 weeks ago there was another co-worker who stood watching while …
- Accepting people as they are and being accepted for who I am. No judgement! – I am requesting prayer for everything in my life that is not Christ-like. I run away from people who hurt me and find it very …
- Prayer for enemies – Dear God I pray for the peace of mind each day and pray for my enemies. Give me the strength to overcome pain and hurt. …
- Prayer for my daughter – Father, I bring my daughter before you this morning. She’s in a distant land living with her aunt. Father, there are times when she is …
- Safe drive to my moms and back and a wonderful Christmas – I ask prayer for my family that they get along for Christmas no more fighting or putting each other down I pray that they all …
- Strength – All around coverage from god. I declare and have faith that he loves me and gives me peace.
- Peace of mind – Most humble and gracious father, I come before you first & foremost to say thank you for allowing me to see another day. Lord,you see …
- Prayer Of Depression – In Jesus Name, Please Answer This Pray And Accept This In The Right Of Peace I Have A Horrible Sadness That Is Not Curable By …
- Lost – I am desperately seeking burdens to be removed. After making God my dwelling place I can’t seem to find any rest. Taking everything to prayer …
- Prayer for forgiveness and Love – Dear Lord, through the intercession of St. Jude, St. Joseph and the Virgin Mary, I ask & pray that a misunderstanding between myself and my …
- Tenant to leave – Help me pray that Orvin and his family will leave my apartment by next week so I can have peace of mind.
- Family – My children and husband continue to make my life unbearable. My children are adults, live at home. And just disrespectful. I need a piece of …
- Devil go away – Lord please let the let go of my father I want to live lord I’m so tired of this game Jesus I claim that the …
- Peace of mind – Dear father, please help me how my mother disciplines me. Help me to become more of you. By not belittling me, shouting at me. In …
- Prayer for Anxiety – I pray that I please am relieved of this anxiety I am experiencing. I am so nervous about everything in my life right now, especially …
- Peace – Pray with me regarding peace of mind thanks.
More prayers posted in: Peace-of-mind
SUBSCRIBE FOR DAILY POWERFUL CATHOLIC PRAYERS
The best way for a good night’s sleep is to reclaim your inner peace and rest with a heart united to God
God in heaven,
O One who loved me into being…
Now that the voices are silenced
and the crowded world of projects
and overwhelming noise is hushed,
here, at my bed, I seek your consolation.
My spirit roots for you, as an infant
seeks out the breast,
seeks you as a child seeks
the succor and embrace of a father —
the parent who will whisper,
“Shh, I am with you,”
and bring solace to the soul
with an unconditional love.
I believe in your love,
and I hope in you,
and I pray you will grace me
with the gift of faith, unfailing,
the gift of wisdom, beyond my instincts,
the gift of trust, which is so hard.
I give glory and thanks to you
for this day as it ends,
and beg that you will give me eyes to see
that in all things, you have been with me:
in what was difficult, and what was easy,
in what was anxious and what was peaceful.
In those times I sought you out,
or forgot to,
You were with me, still, and I thank you.
Today, I failed in love; you know this.
I beg you to forgive me.
Today, I lost my temper; you know this.
I beg you to forgive me.
Today, I was selfish; you know this.
I beg you to forgive me.
Today, I felt desolate, unsure, and afraid;
I beg you to reach me, and to teach me again
that you love me, and are near.
That you are, O God, the safest of safe places,
the wayside resting place,
where I may catch my breath,
and seek you out, before going on.
Before I rest tonight,
I must thank you for your love,
beg your pardon for my failings,
and your shelter
from my interior storms.
O my Lord, at this moment, all is calm,
and sleep beckons me.
It is your world!
I place all of my concerns into your hands,
and all of my fears into your Sacred Heart,
the Self-immolating gift that is never consumed.
I believe in you.
Although I cannot understand
all that is before me,
I know all things work toward
the purposes of your mysterious plans
for my own good.
And I trust in this.
And I beg for the gift and grace
to trust you even further,
day by day.
I ask this in the name of Christ Jesus,
seeking the prayers of Mary, his Mother,
and of my guardian angel and patron saint (Name).
I will lie down in peace and sleep comes at once
for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety. (Psalm 4:9)