May these relationship prayers help you to build a full, healthy, and warm relationship with your significant other, or help you find romance.
We also provide links for prayers to help you with other relationships.
Prayer to Heal a Relationship
“Almighty God, hear this prayer.”
Dear Lord, I offer you this prayer, to help me with my current relationship situation. Please take away all the pain and hurt in my heart. Fill it with love, joy, patience, and understanding.
Bless me and my partner, so that we may never surrender to whatever challenges that come our way. Fill our hearts with love for each other, and may you make each one of us realize each other’s worth. Please touch the heart of my partner,fill it with much love for me.
Make our complicated relationship become uncomplicated. I seek for your mercy and blessing that you may allow us to spend the rest of our lives with each other. Please make this feeling mutual for both of us. Lead us not into temptations. Guide us wherever we go. Always put us in each other’s heart and mind. Thank you Lord for hearing my prayer.
I love you. Amen.
- 1 Rekindling a Relationship
- 2 Prayers for Finding Love
- 3 Scripture About Relationships and Love
- 4 Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Prayer for Relationship and Prayer Request”
- 5 Recent prayer requests…
- 6 Prayers for Relationships
- 7 More posts you’ll love…
- 8 Guide and direct our relationship
- 9 Draw us closer
- 10 Bond us together
Rekindling a Relationship
Miscommunication in a Marriage
Dear Lord, you know what path I am on right now and that I am in agony. I am having a disharmony in my married life. You have instituted marriage since You found that it is not good for man to be alone.
I deeply believe that You have given me this person to love and to hold for the rest of my days. The Bible has taught me that a threefold cord is not quickly broken. Come and be with us, Lord, for only You can make two broken hearts understand each other. You are the King of Peace and I know You are able to change any sad situation in my life.
Father, I know it is Your will that we should lead a loving and peaceful life with one another. Hear me, dear god, to fill us both with more love and to understand each other better to bring unity to our relationship. Help me become more understand to my partner’s needs and feelings.
Grant me wisdom that I may know how to deal with this unlikely situation so I can build a house in Your glory. In Jesus’ name I pray, O Lord. Amen.
Read: Prayers for Forgiveness
Prayer for Family Unity
Dear God, thank you for the gift of family that you have given me. You know my heart hurts because of the disharmony in my family. I have lost my peace and my health because of the messy situation in our home.
I have no one to turn to but You, Lord. You alone can understand the hearts of Your followers as You have created each and every one of us. Only You can bring together the hearts of Your men together. Help me forgive other family members, O Lord. Let my family not defile Your name by this disunity. Help us forgive one another of the mistakes we have done to each other and bring us back together in Your name, Father God.
Fill each one of us with your love and understand so we can fully exalt Your name in glory. I know that you will bring back the peace and unity that was once present in our home. I ask this in the precious name of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Amen.
Prayers for Finding Love
Finding someone to love can be difficult. This prayer will help guide you on the path to true love.
Prayer to Find a Companion
“Almighty God, hear this prayer.”
Almighty God, hear this relationship prayer.
As You are first in my heavenly heart and mind and spirit,
so do I desire a companion for my earthly heart and mind and being.
Guide me to the partner You know is perfect for me.
Help me walk in faith until that time of our first meeting.
Show me how I can become a partner worthy of love.
Then guide me through every stage of our relationship, so that,
as we move ever closer to You, we grow closer to each other in Love, in Joy, and in Faith.
Thank You God, for hearing my prayer.
Prayer to Find a Life Partner
Heavenly Father, You created this world and all its inhabitants. You found that man is not good to be alone. I pray this to You, O Lord, that I am in need of a partner for my life.
You have showed us in the Bible that finding the right partner made numerous couples live a happy life. Bless me, Father, that I may build a family like theirs. I believe, Lord, that You do not deny Your children their joy and happiness.
I pray that the loneliness in my heart will be gone soon. I pray this to You, O Lord. Amen.
Scripture About Relationships and Love
“There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.”
See what the Bible has to say about it, check out these Bible Verses about Relationships, and Bible Verses about Love.
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Prayer for Relationship and Prayer Request”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Restoration and bonding- Please pray that God would restore the relationship that I had with the person that I love so much. Please pray that the Holy Spirit… …
- Pray for my husband- I want my husband to call me today…I cannot wait for so long..it really hurts me because we always to talk to each other and… …
- God Please Help- Dear Heavenly Father, Please comfort my partner and I during this time of conflict. Prevent us from causing anymore harm that will or may prolong… …
- Peaceful loving home- Lord God my heavenly Fathe , Jesus Christ my saviour… please bring my spouse and I closer to you. May we both heal, move foward… …
- Praying for a God fearing partner- I need God to heal.me from relationships of the past and bless me with a God fearing, loving and caring husband. …
- Success in relationship and career- God, I pray for your guidance to a healthy relationship and success in my chosen career. Help me never to comprise my faith. Amen …
- Need 10 crore- Dear god need 10 crores else I will lose the love of my life 😭😭😔 …
- James- I keep seeing this persons name ( James ) everywhere. I just want to know why God keeps letting me see this guy’s name, if… …
- I just want my soulmate back…- Please Dear God and Jesus… I messed up bad…I need my boyfriend back…I was mean and pushed him away got lazy and just went downhill… …
- God’s guidance in making choices in marriage- Oh God grant me direction and discernment to know your mind concerning my present suitor, if he is your perfect will for me as a… …
- Relationship- Hello! I have been dating a guy who is not Christian. He is good, and I feel like I would like to marry him, but… …
- Relationship- Praying for God to be in the center of my relationship with my boyfriend..that he may work on us, our faith and trust and deepen… …
- Heal my soul and reunite with my boyfriend- Dear God, Please reunite my boyfriend and me together. I need him to know you and have a humble soul. I also need him to… …
- Relationship- Please pray for mine and Kris’s relationship. I feel we are engaging in drinking too much when we’re together. Please pray our relationship will be… …
- To be immune to what others think but to be aware of the needs of others- Lord, I give thanks for the work you’ve done in me. I need help with heartfelt communication, and in speaking on the important things where… …
- Answer to my prayers- My prayer request is to pray for me and David. My heart is aching for the past month now as he is so distant and… …
- Found my mother- I have found my biological mother. I’ve searched so long and now the knowledge sits in my lap and I am terrified. I need discernment… …
- Pray for Her- My girlfriend works very hard raising two children and working two jobs. I pray that Christ may give me the strength to endure all hardships… …
- Reconciliation- Prayer for my family to be fully restored and my marriage to be completely reconciled. We need prayer to remove any and all outside influences… …
- Fix it Jesus- Lord Father God, I ask that you fix my relationship with my fiance Kal, this prayer I ask in your holy name. …
More prayers posted in: Devotional
If you’re like me, you’ve never given much thought to praying the Scriptures over your relationships.
Whether it’s an easy relationship, where the conversation flows, honest and filter-free, warmth abounds, and conflicts are few…
or whether it’s a hard relationship, where personalities clash, common ground is minimal, and hurt feelings are plentiful…
relationships are gifts.
The relationships that challenge us refine us. They’re tools in the hand of our loving God, who uses them to stretch us and shape us and mold us into the image of His Son.
So that hard relationship with that particular person…
(the one whose face just appeared in your mind’s eye)…
will you stop with me now and thank God for her, and for what God wants to teach you through her?
And while we’re at it, let’s lift to Him these prayers for relationships.
Prayers for Relationships
Ask for the Lord’s help in putting all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander away from you, along with all malice. Pray that He would give you a kind and tender heart that is willing to forgive in the same way you’ve been forgiven by God (Ephesians 4:31-32).
Acknowledge to God that good sense will make you slow to anger, and it is your glory to overlook an offense (Proverbs 19:11). Pray that God would help you not be easily offended by the words, actions, or attitudes of others.
Pray that God would help you handle conflicts biblically, having the courage to approach the other person one-on-one before seeking the intervention of others (Matthew 18:15-17).
Ask that God’s grace would equip you to do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but to humbly count others more significant than yourself. Pray that He would help you look out for the interests of others and not just your own. Beg Him for the humility that Christ exemplified when He emptied Himself of all rights and privileges, and took on the form of a servant (Philippians 2:3-7). Ask Him to show you specific ways to serve in the midst of a hard relationship.
Confess to the Lord any hatred in your heart, affirming the truth that one who does not love others cannot love God. Pray that God would help you love others the way He loves them, and the way He has loved you even when you’re unlovable (I John 4:20-21). Acknowledge to God that love is not simply the absence of hatred, but is a choice to act for the benefit of others. Ask the Lord what loving gesture He would have you to show.
Commit to the Lord that you won’t repay evil for evil, but will do what is honorable in the sight of all. Pray that as far as it depends on you, you will live peaceably with all. Share with God that you trust Him to take care of any vengeance that is due (Romans 12:17-19).
Acknowledge to the Lord that in the worst of times, He will fight for you, and you have only to be silent (Exodus 14:14).
Pray that you would be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger, understanding that the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God (James 1:19-20).
Ask for the grace to bear patiently with other people and forgive them as you’ve been forgiven (Colossians 3:13).
Acknowledge the truth that a soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger (Proverbs 15:1). Pray that God would give you a gentle spirit evidenced by soft replies.
Dear Heavenly Father, You know how much I struggle with certain relationships. I forget to grant grace as lavishly as I’ve received it. I forget to treat others the way I want to be treated. I’m quick to assume the worst, and slow to give others the benefit of the doubt. Please forgive me, Lord, and help me to see other people through Your eyes. I can’t change anyone, but You can change me, and I ask You to keep molding me into Your image. It’s in the name of my Savior, Jesus Christ, that I pray. Amen.
More posts you’ll love…
A struggling relationship is a source of immense emotional pain. If you’ve ever endured a broken marriage or a slowly-dwindling long-term dating relationship, you know how difficult it can be to find lasting reconciliation.
If this is you, the power of prayer may be just what you need.
Faith is a powerful thing, and appealing to God for the health of your relationship can have amazing results. Used in conjunction with other efforts, such as relationship counseling, prayer can be downright miraculous.
Rest assured that God hears your prayers, and that He cares about you. His answers may not always come in the form we expect, but they do come when we ask for help.
And sometimes, the very act of praying can bring about huge change in your life. When we pray, we take our abstract desires and put them into words. We say what we want out loud. Sometimes, that’s enough to help us make sense of our problems and go about finding the solutions—God works through natural means as much as He does through the miraculous.
But whichever way prayer works out for you, it’s always worth your time. To help you learn how to use prayer well, let’s take a look at 7 examples of prayers for a struggling relationship.
Heavenly Father, I thank You for Your grace which You so generously, and continuously, bless us with. You are worthy of all praise and all glory.
I lift my hands in humble worship and adoration. Bless and empower my words and thoughts today, O Lord that they may be pleasing to you, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Romans 12:9-10 Don’t just pretend that You love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Stand on the side of the good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.
1 Peter 4:8 Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.
Guide and direct our relationship
I pray that You continue to guide our footsteps and our lives as we walk in agreement, according to Your will.
I trust that our new relationship is a blessing from You, O Lord and I pray that You guide us and show us what we need to know.
Open the eyes of my heart, Father God, and reveal anything that is not of You. May I not go into this relationship love-blind but rather spirit-wise.
Proverbs 13:20 He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.
Corinthians 6:14 “Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?”
Draw us closer
Bless our relationship and draw us both even closer to You and to your will for our lives. May I never be unequally yoked.
Lord, teach and guide us that we will always seek You first in everything we do. May our love be fill with genuine affection and may we honor each other at all times.
1 Peter 3:7 In the same way, You husbands must give honor to Your wives. Treat her with understanding as You live together. She may be weaker than You are, but she is Your equal partner in God’s gift of new life. If You don’t treat her as You should, Your prayers will not be heard.
Proverbs 31:10,11 Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? She is worth more than precious rubies. Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life.
Bond us together
Bless our lives in our journey together and fill us with Your Glory. May we be bonded together, Lord, in the type of love Your Son Jesus showed on the cross.
Let our lives be a wonderful reflection of Your grace, as we abide in it forever. In Jesus’ name, I humbly pray, Amen.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.