Updated on November 26, 2018
If you’re not quite sure how to wish someone a speedy recovery, I have you covered. Read on for get-well-soon messages and inspiration! How to Wish Your Friends and Loved Ones a Healthy, Speedy Recovery
Figuring out what to write in a get-well-soon card to a best friend who is sick or recovering from an illness can take lots of time and thought. Of course, you feel bad upon hearing the news of the person’s ill health, but telling them that will only do so much. Finding encouraging and comforting words that will renew their hope of healing is much more helpful, but that can be difficult.
If you don’t know what to write in a card to wish him or her well, then use one (or more) of the suggestions from my list that best suits your feelings for someone who is sick or recovering from an illness. You’ll find plenty of ideas and inspiration from the samples below to help you write your own unique get-well-soon wishes.
Not sure what to say in your get-well card? Including a quote is always a nice touch. Get Well Soon, Health, and Recovery Quotes
If your card doesn’t already have a message inside, consider including a quote. This is a nice way to round out your message in a meaningful way. Below, you will find a selection of quotes that range from funny to profound to choose from.
- “The is one consolation in being sick; and that is the possibility that you may recover to a better state than you were ever in before.” —Henry David Thoreau
- “If knowing that someone really cares, helps healing along its way then I hope you now feel better and keep improving, day by day.” —John Bratton
- “You have a cough? Go home tonight, eat a whole box of Ex-Lax – tomorrow you’ll be afraid to cough.” —Pearl Williams
- “I reckon being ill as one of the great pleasures of life, provided one is not too ill and is not obliged to work till one is better.” —Samuel Butler
- “Thinking of you and praying for you for a fresh touch from the Lord, so you will get well and be strengthened again to be whole and completely restored.” —M.S. Lowndes
- “A bad cold wouldn’t be so annoying if it weren’t for the advice of our friends.” —Kin Hubbard
- “If I had my way, I’d make health catching instead of disease.” —Robert Ingersoll
- “An apple a day keep the doctor away.” —Spanish Proverb
- “The treatment is really a cooperative of a trinity—the patient, the doctor and the inner doctor.” —Ralph Bircher
- “Be careful when reading health books; you may die of a misprint.” —Mark Twain
- “I wonder why you can always read a doctor’s bill and you can never read his prescription.” —Finley Peter Dunne
Sending your sick friend or loved one a get-well-soon card is a sure way to bring a smile to their face, no matter how poorly they’re feeling. Get Well Soon Messages for a Sick Friend or Loved One
- I was heartbroken when I heard you were ill. I wish you a speedy and full recovery from your illness. Get well soon!
- I’m missing you so much. Please don’t forget to take your medications as prescribed for you so that I can see you again soon. I wish you a speedy recovery.
- Take this token from me, a basket full of love and happiness from someone who cares very much about you. I wish you fast healing from your illness and sound health for all the years to come. Please get well soon!
- Rest well and remember to take your prescribed medications so you can get back on your feet soon. I wish you a speedy recovery, my friend.
- We are all worried about you. Your ill health has been a big blow to your family, friends, and colleagues and loved ones. We are missing you. Please, get well soon!
- Being ill can feel so unfair, but I hope you know how many people are out there thinking of you and sending healing thoughts your way. I know I am! Feel better soon, my friend.
- I was so sorry to hear you’re unwell, my friend. I hope you’ve been getting plenty of rest and relaxation, and that you’ll be back to 100% soon. Until then, know that I’m thinking of you and sending positive, healing thoughts your way!
Your get-well card doesn’t need to be too long—no matter what, your friend will be happy to hear from you and know you’re thinking of them.
- Please accept this special gift from me and know that you are not alone on your sickbed. I wish you a fast and miraculous recovery.
- May you bounce back to your usual self soon! I wish you a speedy and full recovery.
- Sending you well wishes today, and hoping to see you back on your feet soon.
- I wish you comfort, good health, happiness, and a fast recovery. May you enjoy sound health for many years to come!
- Sending well wishes to you and hoping to see you back on your feet soon. I’m missing you.
- Wishing you all the best with your recovery. And may you enjoy many more years with good health.
- Sending you well wishes and hoping they will put a smile back on your lovely face. Get well soon!
- I was so sorry to hear you were ill. If there is anything I can do to help, do let me know. Here’s wishing you a blissful, speedy recovery, happiness, and good health to enjoy for the rest of your life.
- I hope to see you bounce back to your usual life soon. You’re such a wonderful friend, and I hate seeing you under the weather. Get better soon!
- Having fun and enjoying happiness is not the same without you. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery from your illness.
Messages for Someone in the Hospital Recovering From Surgery
- Your continued stay in the hospital has made everyone heartsick at home. I wish you a quick recovery so we can have fun together again.
- Having you by my side every day makes me happy, so the longer you stay in the hospital, the more unhappy I become. Here’s wishing you a speedy and full recovery, my friend!
- I’m thinking about you during this difficult time and sending healing thoughts your way. I hope the medications the doctors are giving you are providing some relief from the pain. And I’m praying for your miraculous healing, speedy recovery, and continuing sound health. Get better soon, my wonderful friend!
- Your stay in the hospital is tearing me apart. You are always remembered in my prayers. Please, get well soon!
- Sweetheart, I can’t stay at home alone. If the doctor would allow me, I would stand by your sickbed until you get better. I wish you a miraculous and fast recovery.
- We are happy to hear that you are responding well to your treatment. May you have many more years of good health! Sending our warmest wishes for your speedy recovery. We love you.
It’s hard to see your sweetheart feeling under the weather, but writing them a kind note will make both of you feel better. Get Well Soon Messages for Your Spouse or Significant Other
- Life at home has been less happy since you were confined to your sickbed. Sweetheart, please get well soon!
- It breaks my heart to see you feeling so poorly, my love. Please get well soon so that I can see that smiling face of yours once again!
- I hope you will be feeling better soon, darling. Until then, let your humble servant know if you require soup or snuggles. It’s been said that both have healing properties!
- I was so bummed to hear you were feeling sick, babe. Let me know if there’s anything I can do to make you feel better. I’ll do whatever it takes to bring a smile to your face!
- I’m so sorry you’re feeling sick, darling. Know that I’m here to take care of whatever you need. I love you!
- No matter how brightly the sun is shining, I just can’t feel happy when you’re sick. So rest up and get better already so we can have fun together again! Hoping you feel like yourself again soon, babe.
Sending your thoughts and prayers to a sick friend or loved one can do wonders to help them recover. Get Well Wishes and Prayers for a Friend or Loved One
- Seeing you on your sickbed makes me sad. I pray God will grant you good health today and the years to come. I wish you a full recovery from your illness.
- Doctors try their best, but God heals. I pray for you every day to get well soon.
- My prayer is that God will heal you miraculously from your illness so that we can share good times once more. Wishing you a speedy recovery, my dear friend.
- I’m eager to see you well again. Every day I pray to God to grant you sound health so you can get back on your feet soon.
- Each day, I ask God to grant you strength and I pray you will soon get over this sickness. Just keep in mind that you are not alone, but surrounded by people who care about you. I will keep praying for your quick and full recovery. Get well soon!
- I hope to see you feeling hale and hearty again soon, and I wish you sound health today and years to come. Feel better, my friend.
- Your ill health has taken away our fun and happiness. We wish you were here with us and not on that sickbed that has kept you away from your friends and colleagues. We wish you a speedy and full recovery from your illness.
- This card is from your friends, who all wish you a full and speedy recovery. We miss having you around! Get well soon, .
- My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. You’re not alone, and I hope to see you return to your healthy life soon. May God heal you soon and make you feel better to enjoy your life!
- These flowers represent my love for you. I hope they will show you just how much I care about you! I will continue to pray for your speedy recovery. Get well soon!
© 2014 Oyewole Folarin
Get Well Soon Wishes : Let’s encourage your sick friend to fast recover from illness and wish him/her by funny and inspiring get well soon messages and feel better soon wishes! Best friends are those who need you in their difficult times. Make them feel better in their sicknesses and in the boring time in the hospital. Make them feel that you are taking care of their situations and wish them a speedy recovery. A strong and meaningful inspirational message can give them psychological confidence to get up on his feet. Send a funny get well wishes for friends to cherish them throughout their lives. A meaningful and touchy get well wish for a friend can bring you even closer to them. Send him a wonderful get well message and be with him in his/her unpleasant times.
Get Well Soon Wishes for Friend
Dear friend, its been a great loss for us that we are missing all your smiles. Recover quickly and come back to us buddy.
A doctor may heal from your disease, but a friend can heal you from your sufferings. We can feel you, friend…Get Well Soon!
You don’t need any flowers or cards from me. I have given my heartful prayers, that’s what is friendship stands for. Get well soon!
I miss all the fun and gossips we had together. Get over your sickness and come back among us. Miss you buddy!
Do not forget that you can rely on your good friends who remember you and are willing to offer you their help for anything that you need. Take care and get well soon.
My good wishes and vibes are always with you to fight in your sickness. I pray to god, that you get well soon enough to irritate me more.
Passing the days without you be like having parties without any booze. The simplest appeal I can do is to pray hard to god that you get well soon so that we can have a drink together.
I miss you so much and so does everyone else. We all miss you and wish you a speedy recovery. Take care and know that we are eagerly awaiting your return.
Get well soon, my friend. I am sending loads of good wishes for your fast recovery and good health. I wish for a very better health for you.
I send my best wishes for you to have a speedy recovery and do not forget that you can count with my help whenever you require it.
Inspirational Message for a Sick Friend
I was always inspired by your struggle. You are a warrior. Hope you can fight through your extensive sickness.
God will always accompany you to overcome the devils. Your sickness will soon be overcome by your confidence. Get well soon, we miss you, buddy.
I have never seen a person like you with such a willpower. You can overcome this accident and will come back to your feet in no time. Our good wishes are always with you.
You might be sleeping alone in the hospital bed and thinking you are struggling through this alone. But always remember you are our closest friend and our support and courage are always with you. Get well soon buddy and come back.
We are missing your companionship. You are the only one who can motivate me during my hard times. I might not say the same as you might do in the sickness but my prayer and well wishes will always be with you. Get Well Soon, friend.
Among my friends, you are the only friend who always showed good intentions. In your hardest time of sickness may god be with you with all his powers.
Through this text message, I send you warm wishes for your fast recovery, my dearest friend. I am praying for your comfort and healing from your sickness.
You May Like : Best Get Well Soon Wishes
Keep your worries aside, keep your spirits up. May God sails you to recovery soon. Take care, take rest.
Wishing you a speedy recovery dear friend. I pray to God that you feel better through each passing day. Hope you resume your normal life soon.
Funny Get Well Messages for Friend
I wish you could remain sick for some more days so that I don’t need your return your money. Jokes apart, you are my best friend. Wish you a speedy recovery.
You are the coolest friend among us, so the hottest fever needs to get away to bring you on feet. Come back we will flirt with girls together.
Thank God, I am happy that you are sick. Now you can have a sound sleep and worry less about your life. Anyway, Get Well Soon! You need to start worrying about the studies soon!
I know you are not sick, you are taking a break from the professor’s pressure. Stop sending us those stickers, we can see through, come back quickly. We are really missing you.
You are lucky to get all those fruits and flowers for free. Don’t eat them all up! I am coming! Get Well Soon We need to hang out again together.
Now and again I believed that you are some sort of strong, however now I realize that you are human as well. Get well when possible.
Not even cancer is strong enough to fight off the wishes and prayers of friends like me. Get well soon.
Hey I am sending you daily doses of love and good luck. Please take it with your medicines to get well soon.
Read More : Funny Get Well Messages
Don’t make your fever is as contagious as your smile. I will never forgive you. Get Well Soon from the boredness of the hospital bed. I am waiting on the campus for you.
All your HOT fever needs to heal, is the company of a COOL friend like me. Get well soon.
These medicines are to cure your body but this text is to cure your soul. Get well soon my friend.
It came to me like bolt from the blue that you had an accident. Here I am with a banquet of flowers in hand and Get Well Soon in the heart.
Sending you a handful of chocolates and mindful of prayers for your hardest time in the hospital. Get Well Soon, friend!
Never lose hope and the strongest confidence you have in this sick time. You will soon recover. God is always with the bold. Get Well Soon!
Read More : Religious Get Well Wishes
In your hardest and time, hope and prayer is your best medicine. Have good faith and recover quickly friend.
So like girls, germs also find you irresistible. Remove the germs and sickness and get up in your feet.
Sending you a morning sunshine, chirping of birds and a heartful of prayers. May God help you recover and make you as fit as before. Get Well Soon buddy!
Fast Recovery Wishes For Sick Friend
Doctors are only to find out a disease that is causing you pain, but only a true friend knows your suffering. Wishing you a fast recovery.
I am sure being tucked in bed is not the best thing you know to do. All your friends are waiting for you to get out of bed and say ‘I am back in action’. Get well soon!
I am so sorry I cannot go to visit you, but I want you to know that I always think of you and pray for you to recover soon.
Get well soon! Everyone here misses your contagious smile. Nothing has been the same since you became ill. No one tells a joke like you do, so please hurry and get well fast!
Wishing you a really fast recovery. Not only because you are my dear friend but a good human too. You don’t deserve to be sick.
I wish you a fast and healthy recovery. Keep faith in God, and you will get well soon.
May God erase all your illness and you are healthy again. I pray to Lord to recover you faster so that you can be on track of good health. Get well soon, friend.
This illness can do nothing to a tough man like you. Common beat the disease and get well soon. Waiting for your fast recovery.
Read More : Get Well Wishes For Speedy Recovery
These get well soon messages for friends will help you to cherish your friend in times of illness and will be the perfect way to keep them cheerful during this difficult time!