Regardless of our best intentions, there will always be times when even the best marriage will experience problems and issues. Instead of running away or refusing to face these problems, we should instead run to God, who can make things right.
And since the institution of marriage is His product, it therefore makes perfect sense that the maker and designer of this great product be consulted when there’s a problem. God is the one who knows what is wrong with your marriage and how to fix it.
The power of prayer cannot be overemphasised. Prayer can repair any relationship, no matter the level of damage. It can bring spouses together, no matter how sour their relationship has gotten.
Prayer can mend any damaged bridge, clear any confusion, straighten any heart, resolve any conflict, and heal any hurt. It can bring reconciliation to your marriage.
All you have to do is call upon God. Believe in his ability to answer your prayers, and remove any doubt from your heart (Mark 11:23).
It doesn’t matter if your own situation is that of a trouble relationship; a spouse who has left the matrimonial home; infidelity; confusion; breakdown in communication, or a marriage heading towards divorce. God wants, and is able, to heal your marriage. Nothing is impossible with God.
How to Use This Prayer Guideline
God has given man free will. He will not intervene in the affairs of man by forcing him to go against his own will. Neither can we control the behavior of another person.
What God does is to bring a change of heart and mind. And what we can do is pray to God and ask Him to touch the heart and mind of our spouse.
God will go to places we cannot, and do things that we can only dream of. Use these prayers as guidelines for how to pray for the resolution of all that ills your marriage.
When making these prayers, back them up with the Word of God. Engage the power and potency of the Word against the power of the enemies (Hebrews 4:12).
Personalize these prayers by replacing the parts of the prayers with your name and that of your spouse where applicable. After making these prayers, believe that God has answered and consolidate your victory by thanking God for the changes you hoped to see and the restoration of your marriage.
Below are the seven prayers that will help you bring back your focus on God, who alone is able to permanently heal and restore your marriage.
Table of contents
- 1 1. Blessings on my spouse and I
- 2 2. Remove all negativity caused by external people
- 3 3. No weapon formed against our marriage shall prosper
- 4 4. Holy Spirit work in both of us to bring us closer to God and each other
- 5 5. Re-Build Trust and Honesty
- 6 6. Remove bitterness, anger, and all manners of negative emotions.
- 7 7. Give us the strength to work through our differences
- 8 Prayers to Help a Failing Marriage
- 9 Prayer to Reunite with Spouse
- 10 Scripture About Marriage
- 11 Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Marriage Prayer”
- 12 Recent prayer requests…
- 13 Why do we need marriage prayer points?
- 15 Take your concerns to God
- 16 Marriage Prayer: Childhood hurt
- 17 Formation
- 18 Love
- 19 Longevity
- 20 Healing and renewal
- 21 Infidelity
- 22 Fruitfulness
- 23 Divorce
- 24 Prayer for Restoring Marriage
- 25 Prayer for a Loving Soulmate
- 26 Prayer for a Marriage In Need
- 27 Prayer for a Lost Love/Partner
- 28 Prayer for a Friends’ Troubled Marriage/Relationship
- 29 Prayer for Financial Peace In Marriage
- 30 Prayer for Clear Communication in Relationships
- 31 Bible Verses about Marriage:
1. Blessings on my spouse and I
Father God, I thank you for who you are and for the promises that you have made concerning me and my spouse. Your Word is ever true and your promise of blessings and multiplication that you have promised me throughout the ages (Genesis 22:17; Hebrews 6:14) is forever mine, in Jesus name.
You have promised to bless me exceedingly and it is your heart’s desire to enlarge my coast. Every satanic covenant that is going against your continual and uninterrupted blessing in this marriage, I command the rain of fire to consume them, in Jesus name. I pray against every spirit of lack and wretchedness. Oh Lord, let your peace, joy, happiness, and comfort saturate this marriage in Jesus name.
2. Remove all negativity caused by external people
Lord, I come to you with this petition because I know that you have made me one flesh with my spouse and you have said that no man should come between us (Matthew 19:6).
So I take authority over every outside influence that is polluting our marriage. Every foreign power that’s manipulating this marriage is dealt a heavy blow in Jesus name.
Oh Lord, reveal their evil agenda. Expose them and bring their plan to nought.
I pray that their seed of discord, hatred, malice, and separation that has been sown is uprooted by fire, in Jesus name.
3. No weapon formed against our marriage shall prosper
Heavenly Father, I give you all praise and adoration, because your word is ever true. I give you thanks, because no weapon that is formed against this marriage will stand (Isaiah 54:17).
I declare that every arrow shot to destabilise this marriage is broken to pieces, in Jesus name.
With the spiritual authority given to me through Christ Jesus, I command the fire of God to consume every wedge that is meant to be put between me and my spouse, through bad and ungodly advice, and false teachings.
Every evil hand of demonic manipulation is crushed, in Jesus name. I retrieve my marriage from the jaws of the evil one, in Jesus name. Thank you, Abba Father, because IT IS DONE, in Jesus name.
4. Holy Spirit work in both of us to bring us closer to God and each other
Oh Lord, I believe you are working in my life and that of my spouse to reconcile us back to to you and to each other.
Lord, stir my spouse’s thoughts with the same good and loving thoughts that existed when our love for each other was still very strong.
Let my heart and that of my spouse burn in love for you and for each other.
Lord, rekindle our love for one another. Where ever my spouse needs understanding to be drawn to you, Father give him or her that understanding.
Lord heal each one of our emotional wounds and cause our hearts to be drawn towards each other in Jesus name. Amen.
5. Re-Build Trust and Honesty
Lord, it is your will that we be reconciled together and that our love for each other will grow and blossom, no matter what has happened between us in the past.
Lord, heal our marriage of all spiritual attacks and manipulations. Let this healing start with me. Lord, have mercy on our relationship and rebuild the trust and honesty that has eluded this marriage.
Lord, I command seven-fold restoration of the trust and honesty that the evil one has stolen from us, in Jesus name.
6. Remove bitterness, anger, and all manners of negative emotions.
Lord, deliver me and my spouse from the evil spirit of unforgiveness, hatred, anger, bitterness, and abuse that is poisoning our minds and relationship. Fill up every space in our hearts with your peace, love, joy so that there’s no room for negative emotions.
Lord teach us to treat one another with dignity, love, and respect.
Lord I asked for the grace and emotional strength to avoid the use of anger and unforgiveness as a weapon to fight against my spouse. I pray that we will no longer allow our emotions to be manipulated and used to drive a wedge between us, in Jesus name. Amen.
7. Give us the strength to work through our differences
Lord, thank you for the good work that you have started in my marriage. I know that you will do mite to the end. I ask for the strength to stay courageous and strong in your promises as you work out things in our marriage.
Replace every negative feeling with love and help us to work through our differences.
Every man or woman determined to scatter thus marriage will not succeed. Their evil plans will scatter in Jesus name.
I refuse to be tempted to try other alternatives. I will not be discouraged even if it seems that nothing is happening at the moment. Your word is greater and surer than any other power. So I choose to trust in you.
Here, we offer a marriage prayer for those who are experiencing marital troubles. As humans, we are imperfect and that goes as well for the relationships we form.
It is right to ask God for help in troubled times.
Prayers to Help a Failing Marriage
From the beginning, God meant for man and woman to be together, joined in holy matrimony. It is not good than man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him. But, just because it is Gods will does not mean it is always easy.
Use this marriage prayer if you need Gods help and guidance to heal a failing marriage.
Prayer to Restore a Marriage
I come before you today with a heavy heart; my
marriage is in trouble, and I need your help.
Make changes in my spouse’s heart. Make us
compatible again, and bring us closer together.
Fill us with your love and give us the strength
to love one another, care for one another, and
fulfill your destiny for us.
Show us the harm caused by careless words,
and the pain caused by emotional distance.
Bring us together, like we once were. Show
us how to love one another again.
Heal the division between us. Make us one again.
In your name I pray, Amen.
Prayer to Reunite with Spouse
This is a prayer asking God for help reuniting with a husband or wife. Through lifes difficulties, God is always there to help guide the ones we love, back into our arms.
Prayer to bring Back Lost Love
Please pray that my heart’s desire be granted,
the return of the love of my life, my one true
love. I pray that my spouse may have
healed his wounds from the past and forgiven
all that has gone wrong.
Lord, help my husband (wife) be able to follow
his heart to his desire and love for me and
permanently return to me to be forever
reconciled as one, as husband and wife.
Scripture About Marriage
“And he said to them, “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her, and if she divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery.”
Click here to read more Bible Verses about Marriage
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Marriage Prayer”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Prayers- I pray for a life partner finance stability I pray that God to bless the work of my hands and may he be my guide… …
- Stop a divorce and get reconcilation- Please Help I need to stop a divorce and have God give us reconciliation Prayer Request: Dear God please help to stop our divorce and… …
- Reconciliation- God is working in my marriage. Please pray my wife is accepting of His truths and i have the wisdom to bring her and us… …
- Restoration and salvation- Believing God to send my godly husband home and to love me as Christ loves the church! …
- Prayer for my relationships- I am asking the Lord to heal my codependant ways. I ask that I be filled witht the Spirit and draw nearer to God. Heal… …
- Save my marriage- My wife and I are in a rough place right now as a result of my lies and infidelity. I realize my mistakes and I… …
- Restoration of Marriage- Dear Lord, Please restore my marriage. I cancel and destroy. This separation that the enemy has caused in the Name of Jesus. Bring to remembrance… …
- Marriage Restoration- Please God show my husband the way home and restore our marriage better than its ever been. Give him the desire to take his rightful… …
- God Make Me Laugh- Praying for God to make me laugh again, to rejoice. Prayer that God will saturate my finances. Pray my son will return and stay loving… …
- Broken marriage- All I ask Lord is to answer the petitions of my heart. Let it be according to your will, first and foremost. I thank you… …
- Wife- Lord I pray to you for help with my marriage and help understanding better my wife’s anxiety. I pray my wife will turn to you… …
- Lonely Neglected Wife- I’m lonely in my marriage. My husband sleeps in the basement. Limited communication and the interaction. I’m depressed and lonely. He doesn’t show no respect… …
- Prayer to restore my marriage- My husband left almost 5 years ago but he says he wants to come home to me & that he is still in love with… …
- Prayer for a good husband- Dear son of God please i am due for marriage, pls let the right man locate me this Month. And as he sees me let… …
- Save my marriage- Dear Lord, Please help me save my marriage. Guide me and show me what I need to do to. Please help me and my husband… …
- Restoration- For marriage restoration. …
- My Marriage- Dear Lord Help me to live the marriage that Blesses you and shows our children a good example. …
- Overwhelmed- My marriage is a big mess and I’m having a health issue. …
- Save my marriage- Pray that my wife will not file for divorce and decide to reconcile to keep our family/marriage together. …
- Husband to be saved- I pray that my husband would believe in the One and Only True God, Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior. I pray that he… …
More prayers posted in: Marriage
Why do we need marriage prayer points?
Along with families, there is a great attack on the institution of marriage. Broken marriages have a far-reaching effect. Statistics show that the current divorce rate in the United States of America is between 40-50%.
The number of marriages are also falling significantly over the last few years. More and more children are being born outside of wedlock. This lack of stability is crippling our societies. You may think that this is a US statistic, but it stretches far and wide. The decline in marriage rates is also mirrored in the UK.
UK Marriage Stats
God knows the importance of marriage, and designed it to be a cradle for families. We ought to stand up for our marriages. Mark 10:9 “Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” We need more and more men and women to take a stand for their marriages, more and more people to not walk away from their unions, but to seek the Lord’s direction and intervention in their marriages.
In the mighty name of Jesus, Lord we speak your blessing over these prayer points. May your anointing be upon all who will make use of these prayer points. May your presence bring resolution into marriages that are on the rocks today.
Father may more and more marriages be built on the rock that is Christ, instead of the sand that is worldly wisdom. Call back husbands’ hearts to their wives, wives’ hearts to their husbands.
Father raise more man into true fatherhood as you had intended it in marriages. Every spirit that rises against marriages, father may you raise a standard against them in Jesus’ name. Amen
Here are our prayer points for marriage. Share them with your loved ones.
Take your concerns to God
I believe if we as a people were able to grasp this simple teaching, many marriages would be saved, many relationships would be repaired. Many men and women across the world are hurting, hurting because of things that were carelessly said, words that were carelessly thrown around.
If I’m speaking to you today, I want you to know that there is healing, there is a balm in Gilead to make your wounded heart whole. That balm is Christ. This message is very personal to me, because Lord knows for the better part of my teenage years I spent time actively breaking relationships for minor reason that are insignificant even when I think of the today. Direct your concerns to God. I drew some principles from all this.
- Never have a relationship outside of God: Regardless of whether it is a companionship, a friendship or dating. Do not go into any of it without bringing God in with you. God should always be a part of it all. It does not matter if the other person does not believe in God.
Think of it this way, if you are married, when you meet a new friend, they don’t have to like your husband/wife or believe in them. Your husband/wife is a part of you, the bible says 2 become one, which is the way it should be in our marriage to God.
When you take God with you into a relationship with a work colleague you close a door for the devil to place you in temptation for an affair. When you take God with you into a relationship with the company or your boss, you know who it is that you really answer to, regardless of whose name is on the pay check.
- Emotions should go through God first: Have you ever said something and then wished you had not said it, perhaps turned around and said “I didn’t mean it.” The sad part is that words, once released can not be taken back.
They sting. Whether it is love, anger or whatever other emotion you may feel towards a person, take it to God first. If your spouse makes you made, do not speak to them about it before you speak to God about it, vent you emotions to God.
When you speak to God he will begin to remind you, that “Vengeance is his” Romans 12:19, “Forgive as the father has forgive you” Ephesians 4:32. When you vent to the Lord, you become more conscious of things that you would have easily overlooked when talking to the person you are mad at, or the person you are in love with.
- Get comfortable crying before God: In any relationship you get into, there is always room for hurt. To truly love is to expose your weakness and be at the mercy of the other person. There is nothing more healing than bearing it all to God when you have been hurt, when you have been lied to.
Get this, when the Shunammite (2 Kings 4:25-)woman ran to Elijah and was met by his servant, she told the servant that all was well even though her child had died. I learned this from Dr. Masiyiwa’s testimony recording, she had been given this child by God.
She had started this with God. God is obligated to fix what he starts with you. She knew it was well because God was the manufacturer, he would honour his warranty. Get comfortable crying before God before you run off crying to man. When your concern reaches God first, he is faithful to go on ahead and deal with the other person before you get to them.
Make a decision today, to never speak to man concerning an issue before consulting God, to never make a decision before consulting him. And finally to never take your concerns before man before taking them before him. Direct your concerns to God.
Father we give you praise for this wonderful teaching, heal our heart today. Grant us grace to start and finish everything with you. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.
God bless you, share this with someone else who needs to hear this message.
Marriage Prayer: Childhood hurt
“It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.” These are the words of Frederick Douglass. I believe that this is an analogy that applies to women as much as it does to men.
There are so many broken men and women who are being put together with other broken men and women and expected to create strong marriages. Father, heal our homes.
Psalm 34: 4
I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
- Father we pray for victims of sexual and physical abuse. Heal them Lord. Take away the scars and bitterness that have been left by these experiences. May they not be carried into their marriages and relationships.
- Lord we pray for parents and guardians. Give them wisdom to raise strong men and women.
- Lord raise strong marriages among us, marriages that the next generation can look up to and aspire to.
- Father we pray that you would raise mentors for our young generation, to show them the way.
- Lord we pray for broken parents and guardians to have the wisdom to not pass down their own hurt and insecurity to the next generation. Heal them father, as they raise these children.
- We pray for children being raised in undesirable situations to be rescued. Make a way for the dear Lord.
- Open our eyes to situations where you can use us to be part of the solution. In Jesus’ name.
- Give us boldness to walk in your will, and show as well as encourage others how to do the same.
Our societies are becoming ones without moderation. Marriages are a wonderful thing, but are being viewed less and less in that light. By the same token, more and more people are entering this sacred union blindly. Either because of the burden of pressure and expectation that exists within our churches.
The Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 7 acknowledges the beauty of marriage but also the ease of single life. It is good to be married, but not mandatory. Not all can be single and live a holy life, but neither can all be married. If you desire marriage, that is a beautiful thing. May the Lord deliver that desire to you, in Jesus’ name.
- Father, let the hearts of the wives be consumed with love and passion for their husbands. May husbands be equally consumed with love and passion for their wives.
- We speak your love into marriages in their formative stages. We speak direction and wisdom into relationships and courtships as they build towards marriage.
2 Corinthians 6:14
- Father we pray that you would raise more and more God-fearing men and women within the church.
- We pray for firm foundations in relationships.
- Raise more wiser men and women to guide the young lovers.
- Open our eyes and guide our choices of mates.
- Father we pray that you would open our eyes as we seek to find ideal mates.
- Give us wisdom to not be swayed by visual desires. There are ways that may seem right to men but will only lead to death. Preserve us oh Lord.
- Father, you command a blessing where there is unity. Bring unity into our relationships.
- We pray for purpose and a shared vision for couples.
- Lord we pray that couples would well and truly become one. Raise us to value, cherish and to love one another.
- Lord make us co-guardians of our spouses’ souls. Give us a true desire to lead them in your way.
- We will be true stewards of the husband or wife that you give us. To bring the best out of them, as they do for us.
- May we love them as you have loved us, without condition but full of sacrifice.
- May our eyes be cast on things above, more than things of this earth.
1 Corinthians 7:9
- Dear Lord, may our desires for marriage be noble.
- Protect us from negative relationships, and protect others from us, where we may be their detractors.
- May our shared desires and vision bring us together in Christ and through him.
- Lord teach us to love like you do.
- May our love be seen in our actions and heard in our words of affirmation to our loved ones.
1 Corinthians 16:14
- May our actions be guided love, in all that we do.
- Lord give us loyal partners to walk through life with, they have become rare.
- Grant us grace to go the extra mile for our loved ones.
With marriages falling apart sooner than ever before, there is a lack of longevity. Our prayer is that the Lord would grant us longevity. Father establish marriages that last long, marriages that are strong and with direction. Let there be marriages that are built on the rock that is Christ. That is our next marriage prayer point.
- Father we thank you for wonderful wives. We pray for longevity. Grace them in their day to day lives for fruitful and fulfilling marriages.
- Grant husbands grace to love and cherish the gift that is their wives.
- May no shame be her portion.
- She will be a source of pride for her husband and her children, in Jesus’ name.
- Lord give us grace to pursue a worthy life partner.
- Show us value, and make us valuable to potential mates.
- Teach us to identify and appreciate one another’s value.
- Lord, you have brought couples together. We pray that you would keep them together.
- Cast away any person that would like to separate marriages.
- Any wedges that seek to separate men and women you brought together, let it be removed in Jesus’ name.
- No man or woman will separate us! We speak strength in marriages in Jesus’ name.
1 Peter 4:8
- Lord teach us to not dwell on one another’s shortcomings, but to love through it all.
- We will love fervently, as Christ loved.
- May our love cover the faults of our loved ones.
- Lord, may we brought together by reverence to you.
- You are the foundation of our relationships.
- Anything that we haven’t built on you, may it not stand.
- We choose to build on the rock that is Christ.
- We submit to our wives and husbands for your glory, oh Lord.
- May our marriages be established and unbreakable.
Healing and renewal
We are going to pray for marriages that are on the rocks, marriages that are falling apart while we remain oblivious. There is nothing too dead for a resurrection. We are praying for those marriages that either spouse or both have given up on.
The bible says when Jesus arrived at Lazarus’ house, Mary and Martha had given up on his life. A healing was impossible, but a resurrection was inconceivable. May the Lord do the inconceivable for your marriage in Jesus’ name. Let love arise!!
- Father soften our hearts. Soften the wives and husbands’ hearts. Cast away all pain and hurt. Cast away all bitterness in Jesus’ name.
- Teach us to forgive, and grant grace to a point where it hurts.
- Father, you have continued to forgive us, may we show that same love to others.
- Heal us of hurt, open our hearts oh Lord.
1 Peter 3:7
- Father we pray for all husbands, give them grace to be of a patient and understanding disposition.
- Father teach husbands to honour their wives.
- Lord, may their weaknesses be strengthened by their wives’ strengths, and their strengths be their husbands’ strengths in Jesus’ name.
- May husbands never look down upon their wives, but view them as equals. In the name of Jesus!
- Let our prayers bear results, in Jesus’ name.
Infidelity is a key factor in the break-up of most marriages. We want to pray for resolution and in marriages that have been marred by infidelity. God can heal in all cases. It is not too late for your marriage. Father, where there is hurt, where there is mistrust, where there has been betrayal, dear Lord, help us.
- Father may our marriages bring you honour. Where we have brought you dishonour, we repent.
- Lord where we have been wronged and taken our eyes off you to focus on our hurt, help us look up to you.
- Where our marriage beds have brought you dishonour, father forgive us.
- Father, forgive us for infidelity on our part, or an unforgiving nature where we have been wronged.
- May your judgement be merciful in Jesus’ name. Amen
- Father may our eyes be in covenant with you. To not look upon others wives and husbands.
- Where we have looked in lust, Lord forgive us.
- Any adulterous desires be cast away in Jesus’ name. Amen
Our mandate is one of fruitfulness on this earth. Our marriages are no exception. Our prayer here is that the Lord would grace us to be fruitful in all that we do. May the Lord birth fruitfulness in our relationships, in our homes, in our businesses and in all else that we set our minds to and put our hands to work on. In Jesus’ name. Amen
- Father we pray for fruitful and fulfilling marriages. Open our eyes to traits in ourselves that may be a hindrance to this.
- Open our eyes to opportunity to sow seed of love and in love.
- May our hearts be consumed by your love, that we would not contain but share the fruit of your love.
The hardest thing that anyone could possibly go through when it comes to relationships is a divorce. Our key marriage prayer is that the Lord would raise up men and women who have fallen down this pit. Let this not be the end, but a new beginning through Christ.
1 Corinthians 7:15
- Father we pray for healing where marriages have been broken by difference in faith. We pray for peace for both parties.
- We pray for children in these situations, cover them oh Lord.
- Let this relationship be one that they carry into their future relationships.
- Soften hearts for peaceful resolutions.
- Let our hearts be filled with humility, whether we were wrong or wronged.
- May meekness be our portion, through Christ.
- Even in divorce, let no hatred develop. May love reign.
PRAYER RELAY MOVEMENT
Our team’s goal is to continue to develop prayer aids that will continue to raise, enrich and to empower prayer warriors across the world. We are always looking to partner with ministries and individuals to achieve this goal. In 2018, we want to reach more people and expand as a team. Get in touch with us:
We also take prayer requests through our website, www.prayerrelay.com , be sure to make use of that. There are a few more resources on there for you.
Originally posted 2017-12-31 19:49:41.
Do you feel like your relationship is in trouble? Perhaps your better half has left, your marriage is on the rocks, or you simply feel out of place with the person you are with. You value the relationship that you have with your husband or wife, and you honor and respect the vows that you took in front of God and witnesses. Despite the best of intentions, there are times when even the most perfect relationship has problems and issues. It is common for a member of the relationship to run-away from those problems, or refuse to face them by trying to leave the relationship and the home you’ve made together. Do not despair, there is hope, you just have to find faith and encouragement from our gracious Lord above.
Prayer can repair the most damaged marriage. The power of God can bring two people, who are intended to be together, back into a love filled marriage. Your union will know the love from the blessings of God if you keep your eyes on Him in all things. Through prayer, anything is possible. God is all-powerful and all-knowing, He can mend any bridges that may have been burned by conflict, clear away any confusion, and give you the power to forgive when needed most. If your relationship is in need of a blessing and you have nowhere to turn, always consider the power of prayer. God is always there to listen, and his followers on earth are always ready to assist in having your prayer requests heard.
“And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.” Ephesians 4:32
Prayer for Restoring Marriage
Lord, I come before you today with a heavy heart; my marriage is in grave trouble, and I need Your help and closeness. Please make changes in my spouse’s heart. Make us compatible again, and bring us closer together as we were before. Fill us with Your love and give us the strength to love one another, care for one another, and fulfill your life long wishes for us. Show us the harm caused by careless, uncalled for words, and the pain caused by emotional distance. Heal the division between the two of us. Make us one again. In Your precious name I pray, amen.
Prayer for a Loving Soulmate
I seek a partner who enhances me by his/her very being. who brings more love, joy, peace and prosperity to my life, Who I can love fully and who can fully receive my love, Who loves, honors and cherishes me completely, and always. May my heart be open and my head be clear. May my life be ready to welcome True love. May I be embraced in a circle of your love An uplifted by your grace. And so it is.
Prayer for a Marriage In Need
My heart cries out to You, my Maker of Heaven and of Earth! Please bring healing to our broken hearts, bring restoration to our relationship, ignite lost passion, and inspire forgotten intimacy. Please transform the two of us from the inside out, and lead us in Your way. We trust in you, Precious Jesus. Always. Amen.
Prayer for a Lost Love/Partner
Precious Savior, please pray that my heart’s desire be granted, and the return of the love of my life would come to fruition. I pray that my spouse/partner may have healed his/her wounds from the past, and forgiven all that has gone wrong between the two of us. Lord, help my lost love be able to follow his/her heart to their desire and love me for me. I ask that we be forever reconciled as one, from this day forward.
Prayer for a Friends’ Troubled Marriage/Relationship
Heavenly Father, I come before you and lay this troubled marriage/relationship in your hands. I ask that you would revive this couple, and draw them toward happiness shared together. I ask that you would renew their love and passion for one another, and that you would untangle the conflicts and strife that has damaged and angered them towards one another. Please bring understanding and tenderness of heart to both of them. May they both embrace the miracle that you desire to do for them, and within their spirits. Amen.
Prayer for Financial Peace In Marriage
I lift up my heart to You today, my precious Lord. Please help us to rely on You more in our marriage when it comes to our finances. We can be easily distracted by the amount of money in our bank account, or even by the jobs we currently have. Help us not to trust in the matter of money itself, but more importantly, trust in Your economy and Your word. May Your Holy Spirit fill us with wisdom in how to manage our finances, give us generous hearts to give to those in need, and teach us to not worry about money so much. We pray there would be peace in our marriage, especially over finances, at all times, and in all ways. May Your presence keep us grounded, keep us calm, and keep us in Your will always.
Prayer for Clear Communication in Relationships
Lord, I feel like my partner and I have had a difficult time clearly communicating with one another lately. We are both lacking in our compassion and understanding towards each other. I pray we would be better than this, and that You will open our hearts to You. Holy Spirit, please help us be better communicators with each other. I pray that we would live with understanding for what the other person is going through, and that we are thoughtful in our words and actions. Amen.
Bible Verses about Marriage:
“Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” Mark 10:9
“Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins.” 1Peter 4:8
“Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love, all the days of this meaningless life that God has given you under the sun—all your meaningless days. For this is your lot in life and in your toilsome labor under the sun.” Ecclesiastes 9:9