Prayers For Lost Loved Ones
The loss of a loved one can be one of the most painful parts of life. Grief and mourning come in many different stages and it is easy to let emotion consume you during these difficult times. However, it is important to keep God close to your heart instead of pushing Him away. Remember that you need God now more than ever and He wants you to be happy again despite the loss and heartbreak you may feel.
In addition to losing a loved one yourself, it is also difficult to know how to help someone else who has lost someone close. One way to comfort them is to pray to God that they find peace and comfort in their time of need. With the love and reassurance God can provide, it is possible to ease the pain of those who are hurting. These 10 prayers can help you and your friends or family to cope with the loss of a loved one by asking God to pay close attention to them so they are able to move on.
Updated on October 4, 2017
Source For Those Who Have Lost a Loved One
The loss of a loved one is already devastating for anyone. When the loss is unexpected, the pain is beyond words. I know this because three years ago, my 19-year-old daughter passed away after an auto accident. My world came crashing down and I was engulfed in a wrenching pain that can only be known by another parent who has lost a child.
In the future, I hope to write more about my daughter and what God has taught me and is still teaching me, about the comfort He has given me, and the peace that is unexplainable. At this point, I can only write on the surface and without detail, but I want to share some Bible verses that have been and continue to be an encouragement for me in hopes that some other grieving mom may be looking for the same comfort and assurance that I searched for in the months following my daughter’s accident. I hope these help you as well.
“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.” 2 Corinthians 1:3-4.
Bible Verses for Those Who Have Lost a Loved One
- Those who have been ransomed by the Lord will return. They will enter Jerusalem singing, crowned with everlasting joy. Sorrow and mourning will disappear, and they will be filled with joy and gladness: Isaiah 51:11
- The young women will dance for joy, and the men –old and young–will join in the celebration. I will turn their mourning into joy. I will comfort them and exchange their sorrow for rejoicing: Jeremiah 31:13
- Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. And you know the way to where I am going: John 14: 1-4
- I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid: John 14:27
- Father, I want these whom you have given me to be with me where I am. Then they can see all the glory you gave me because you loved me even before the world began: John 17:24
- Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? . . . No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us. And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below. Indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord: Romans 8:35 – 39
- No eye has seen no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him: 1 Corinthians 2:9b
- And God will raise us from the dead by his power, just as he raised our Lord from the dead: 1 Corinthians 6:14
- Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong. And do everything with love: 1 Corinthians 16:13
- All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort: 2 Corinthians 1:3
- Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies: 2 Corinthians 4:10
- For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands: 2 Corinthians 5:1
- For we will put on heavenly bodies, we will not be spirits without bodies: 2 Corinthians 5:3
- We would rather be away from these earthly bodies, for then we will be at home with the Lord: 2 Corinthians 5:8b
- Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus: Philippians 4: 6-7
- And now, dear brothers and sisters, we want you to know what will happen to the believers who have died so you will not grieve like people who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and was raised to life again, we also believe that when Jesus returns, God will bring back with him the believers who have died: 1 Thessalonians 4:13 – 14
- So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold — though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world: 1 Peter 1: 6-7
- Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see: Hebrews 11:1
If you have a favorite verse that has helped you in times of trouble, please do share it in the comments!
For Those Who Are Suffering
During the worst days following my daughter’s accident, God surrounded me with people who had gone through what I was going through—both in person and online. In fact, some of the greatest comforts for me during that period came from strangers online who are now friends. If you are struggling now, please feel free to contact me. I don’t even begin to have answers, but I understand the pain and I will walk beside you and share your grief.
If you are the friend of someone who has lost a loved, please read my article on how to comfort a friend.
All quoted scriptures are from the New Living Translation.
Not everyone includes this in their ceremony, however many couples like to acknowledge loved ones who are no longer with us-or loved ones who were unable to attend (perhaps they live to far, or in the Military) If you choose to include this, here are some examples:
Prayers of loved ones who have passed on/acknowledgment of friends and family who are unable to attend/thank you
If you would like to acknowledge loved ones who are no longer with you, here are some examples.
All acknowledgements can be personalized to fit your desires.
The Officiant usually makes mention or says a prayer for loved ones who have passed, or cannot be with them after the greeting.
A. _____ and ___ would like to thank each one of you for sharing this happiest of days with them. They would also like to acknowledge loved ones who are no longer physically with us, but are here with us in spirit this evening as we celebrate this joyous occasion.
B. ****Change it to reflect loved ones who could not make the trip*** _____ and ___ would like to thank each one of you for sharing this happiest of days with them. They would also like to acknowledge their friends and family members who were unable to join us, but are here with us in spirit this evening as we celebrate this joyous occasion.
C. _____ and ___ would also like to acknowledge those who are here in spirit today, especially __________ , _________ whose love and support will be felt by ____ and ____ always.
D. _____ and ___ wish to pay tribute to___________ who is no longer with us physically, but whose gifts of love over the years will always be remembered and cherished. We are certain that he/she is here with us today in spirit.
E. _____ and ___ would like to thank each one of you for sharing this happiest of days with them. They would also like to acknowledge those who are here in spirit today, especially grandparents ____ and _______, , whose love and support will be felt by _____ and ___ always.
F. _____ and ___ are pleased that so many family and friends have come to witness their exchange of wedding vows. Each one of you have been important in their lives, and they look forward to your love and support in the future as they begin life as a married couple/ (or husband and wife) _______ And _____ also wish to acknowledge family members and friends who are no longer with us physically, but whose gifts of love and friendship over the years will always be cherished and remembered. We are certain they are here today in spirit. In their memory, let us be silent together. (Moment of silence) Thank you.
G. This event is shared, if in a different way, by those who have passed beyond this life. Their roles in the lives of —– and ___ are gratefully remembered and honored as we witness this joyous event. Join with us, in fond memory of all these people, and in particular ______ and _______. In their memory, let us be silent together. (Moment of silence……..Thank you.)
H. Friends and Family, we have come together on this beautiful day to witness the joining of (groom) and (bride) in the celebration of marriage. This is a special time of celebration and joy that (bride) and (groom) will forever remember, and because of this, they are thankful and delighted that you are here to share in their happiness.
I. On behalf of the bride and groom/(The couple/the brides/the grooms), I would like to express thanks and gratitude to you, and to all those very important persons involved in their lives that are not with us physically but remain with us spiritually in our hearts. For it is love, strength, support, and encouragement of all these friends and family that has helped to carry (groom) and (bride) to this glorious day. The love that is shared and expressed here today is inseparably joined to the love that has created and molded their unique lives.
J. If you choose to have a candle on a table for a loved one, you may choose these words to be said:
In honor of two important and influential people unable to be with us today, yet who hold a place in the hearts of our family and community, (the names of the couple) ask you to take a moment to remember ____ and ____, and include them in spirit on this day of celebration …… The flames, representing their honorable lives, will burn for the day in recognition and memory of these much missed, well remembered, and most loved men.
K. Here is an example of a prayer I have said at the beginning of the ceremony-after the greeting for a bride whose mother had passed. It can be tailored to your wishes:
As many of you know the (bride)’s mother, (her name here), has passed away,
And, ((bride)s name here), although death has separated you physically, Faith and love have bound you eternally.
Though we cannot see her, we know she is here.
Though we cannot touch her, we feel the warmth of her smile as we celebrate the beginning of this new chapter in your lives.
Today we pause to reflect upon those who have shaped our Character,
Molded our spirits and touched our hearts.
We are reminded of shared memories,
And the everlasting impact your mom has made upon your life.
If you have a friend or family member who could not make your wedding ceremony due to being in the military and are currently deployed, or for health reasons, and you would like to include a prayer for them let me know I will be happy to send you some wording choices.
~Simple Thank you to guests: (No mention of loved ones who have passed)~A. Friends and Family, we have come together on this beautiful day to witness the joining of _____ and ___in the celebration of marriage. This is a special time of celebration and joy that _____and ___will forever remember, and because of this, they are thankful and delighted that you are here to share in their happiness.
B. _____ and ___ would like to take a moment to thank you all for being here with them today
***All wording can be “mixed and matched” and tailored to fit your desires****
Love phrases are love sayings or love quotes. Quotes About Missing A Loved One Who Has Passed Away express romantic emotions and that truly unique feeling of love which is so hard to define in a few words. Love may be the master key that opens the gates of happiness.
We’ve selected the utmost effective love phrases and love quotations from our huge collection. Listed below are the maximum quotes on love, from some of the most inspirational individuals who have ever lived.
Quotes About Missing A Loved One Who Has Passed Away
Quotes About Missing A Loved One Who Has Passed Away to Spark the Connection
Lots of people follow their dreams to find their soul mates and finally find yourself meeting with obnoxious women of their lifetime. But once fallen always down is what love finally explains as numerous who had made love their lifetime commitment in the form of marriage. Many live happily ever after but a lot more burn their fingers and attempted to find still another love.
Finally the very best Quotes About Missing A Loved One Who Has Passed Away I liked probably the most in every that I had is this little but very apt description of “LOVE”
Quotes About Cousins Love
“Quotes About Cousins Love”. Love is a many splendored thing, and wordsmiths through the ages have tried to tie it down and tell us…
Love Quotes By Famous Poets
“Love Quotes By Famous Poets”. Love is definitely an affectionate and kind feeling produced as a result of relation with any person. Love is…
Quotes About A Mother’s Love
“Quotes About A Mother’s Love”. Love is an affectionate and kind feeling produced consequently of relation with some other person. Love is just a…
Love Quote In The Bible
“Love Quote In The Bible”. Love is just a many splendored thing, and wordsmiths through the ages have tried to tie it down and…
Quotes About A Loved One Passing
Quotes About A Loved One Passing for a variety of occasions: shed light, help in keeping perspective, inspire, motivate or energize. I try to…
Quotes About A Loved One Dying
Here’s our collection of lvqts.website most inspired and romantic passages on love and devotion, great for Valentine’s Day or anytime you intend to delight…
Love Quote From The Bible
Here’s our assortment of lvqts.website most inspired and romantic passages on love and devotion, perfect for Valentine’s Day or anytime you intend to delight…
Quotes About A Dying Loved One
“Quotes About A Dying Loved One”. Love is a passion; a desire for the beloved and no words can really describe the actual feeling…
Love Of My Life Quotes For Her
“Love Of My Life Quotes For Her”. Love is a passion; a desire for the beloved and no words can really describe the true…
Quote On Death Of A Loved One
Below you will find our number of Quote On Death Of A Loved One, wise, and humorous old respecting others quotes, respecting others sayings,…