Here, we have a prayer for family to ask for God’s help in strengthening a family’s bond. Sometimes, members of our families can be the cause of a lot of stress and worry.
Bring them closer to yourself, and God with this family prayer.
- 1 Prayer to Keep Family Together
- 2 Bible Verses about Family
- 3 Prayer Request: Post Your Own “A Prayer for Family”
- 4 Recent prayer requests…
- 5 Prayer for Family Unity
- 6 Prayer for Protection Over Family Members
- 7 Prayer for a Troubled Family Relationship
- 8 Prayer for Grandchildren
- 9 Prayer for Your Family’s Strength
- 10 Prayer for a Healthy Pregnancy
- 11 Verses:
Prayer to Keep Family Together
Say this prayer to help bring your family closer together. Make sure to say the names of any family member you want included in the prayer. Your husband (or wife), sons, daughters, father or mother.
Use this prayer, and write your own at the bottom of this page.
A Prayer for Family
Please shine your light upon my family.
Give us strength to overcome all of the
difficulties that we are dealing with now
and protect us against any and all problems
we may encounter in the future.
O Lord, please bring us together as we
are meant to be. May the love that binds
us only grow stronger as we fulfill the destiny
you have laid out for us.
Grant my family forgiveness for any sins we
have committed. May we also forgive one
another Lord, as it is sometimes difficult to do.
Bless us Lord,
In your name I pray, Amen
Bible Verses about Family
“For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.”
Check out what the bible has to say about family with these Bible Verses.
Family is an important part of one’s life, and is also very important to God. From Adam and Eve onward, God made humans to be together with love to guide and support one another. Through prayer we can make our families stronger.
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “A Prayer for Family”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- My grief- Dear Lord God I miss my beloved darling husband so much, I ache physically, feel sick. My darling husband helped me keep my feet on… …
- Family to be blessed- For my daughter marriage to be performed..PL. Pray for my son .His health and .good . employment and his. Wife and son .PL pray for… …
- Healing and Restoration of my marriage and family- Father in the name of Jesus Thank you for healing my sister colon and removing the infection alone with removing her hernia Thank you for… …
- Prayer for fertility treatment to work- Dear Lord, this prayer is for my daughter and son in law as they go through fertility treatments this week. Please allow them to be… …
- Now he needs to undergo a very risky surgery- My 78 y/o Dad has a stage 4 lung and bone cancer. Now he needs to undergo a very risky surgery on his intestines but… …
- Lord please help- Lord, I thank you for all you’ve done for our family. I come to you on my hands and knees and ask for your guidance.… …
- Positive energy- Please pray to end my family’s depression and help us to find happiness and be more productive in life. Pray for us to create nothing… …
- Salvation- Please pray for salvation of children and grandchildren. Son Craig whose beliefs are in Buddhism along with Shannon and family and Terry who are being… …
- Step children- My step children are grown, and have nothing to do with me. They don’t acknowledge me at all. I just need peace with this. It… …
- Protection and wisdom- I pray that God’s protection surround our family right now. I feel we are under spiritual attack and it is destroying our hearts and minds.… …
- Pray for husband to pass his EE exam for his master degree- Please pray for my husband to pass his Electrical Engineer exam for his Master Degree. He had been working very hard for this while working… …
- Salvation- Prayer for my twins, Victor and Shawn, two grandchildren, Karsyn and Joel, my brother Edward and children. We need to move out of this environment.… …
- Protection and justice- Dear Jesus Please protect the lands that I have inherited from my parents from Buddhika. Please don’t ever let him assault us or threaten us… …
- Everything is Falling Apart- In 2011 we lost my stepdad to the horrific Mesothelioma lung cancer. My mom is 76 today and 3 weeks ago found out she has… …
- My Family- I pray for my Wife, my two daughters and myself to be protected from the influences and effects of evil forces and spirits and their… …
- Salvation- I would really appreciate your prayers for my son and daughters salvation their spouses and their children please. …
- Family- God help me. Everything is coming together. Now my fiancé wants to treat me badly. Leave me with no electric or water while he is… …
- Safe delivery, mother and child, and house movement- Believing God for safe delivery, mother and child will be safe, also trusting God to move houses by next month, with all needed in the… …
- Healing and deliverance- Praying for miraculous healing from the Lord for myself, mom and siblings. Also praying that the Lord should deliver my family from afflictions, persecution, divorce,… …
- Move on behalf of my daughters father- My daughters father will go in front of a judge tomorrow to lift a bond hold, we are just asking that the bond is granted… …
More prayers posted in: Family
Family Unity. It is a treasure to us all, and something very precious to each of us. The Lord blesses us with family members to lead, counsel, love and take care of, and in exchange, our family does the same for us. Praying for our family is something we should do daily. Whether someone you love needs God’s grace in a hard situation, or you simply want to bless his or her walk in life through our Lord Jesus Christ.
If the need for prayer and protection for your family and loved ones is what you are seeking most, whether in your own life, or in the life of someone you love, let us pray for you at the holiest place on earth, the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. We have faith that sending your prayer to the place where our Lord Jesus Christ gave his life for us will help your request be granted! It is our honor and privilege to be a prayer warrior for you, and to ask the Lord to watch over you, protect you, and keep you, always. Please submit your prayer request today.
They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.” Acts 16:31
Prayer for Family Unity
Lord, I want to thank You for this precious family of mine. For the talents and good things that You have given each of us. Please keep us united, and our bond strong as the days pass. Please guide us, protect us and equip us to do Your will each and every day. Thank You for all that You are, and all that You have given us. My heart is forever grateful!
Prayer for Protection Over Family Members
Lord, I ask for protection and safety over my spouse, my children, my parents, my family members and myself today. Please lead us with Your mighty hands today and always. Deliver us from any enemy and evil that try to hinder our way. Do not let the ways of the enemy blind our eyes. We know that You are for us, so that no one could ever stop us. Please watch over us and guide us all safely throughout this day, so that we may all arrive safely back home, Father. Amen.
Prayer for a Troubled Family Relationship
Heavenly Father, there is a war going on in the souls of many of my family members. I will not be silent about this, and I pray that you will look after them. I also come to you today to pray for the salvation of my family as well. Lord, may my family know You. I pray that they will learn to crave You just as I do. I pray that they will learn to stand strong in the face of trials and tribulations in life. When people knock them down, I pray that they stand up even stronger in You than ever before. I pray that they show love instead of revenge on those who do not agree with them. Give me strength to persevere through any troubles that come my way today. It is time to rise above the sin that comes at me and to that of my family members. It is in Your precious name I pray these things.
Prayer for Grandchildren
Heavenly Father, You have blessed me with precious grandchildren, and I am ever so grateful! I pray for these little souls, Lord. I also want to thank you for my own children. I have raised them up to praise You, and to look to You in all things. I lift up my grandchildren to You today, Lord. These little ones are precious gems in Your eyes, as well as in mine, and that of our family. Please watch over them each and every day. Keep them safe, and guide them in all that they do. I ask these things in Your precious name. Amen.
Prayer for Your Family’s Strength
Please shine your light upon my family today, Lord. Give us strength to overcome all of the difficulties that we are currently dealing with, and protect us against any and all problems we may encounter in future days. Lord, please bring us together as we are meant to be. May the love that binds us only grow stronger as we fulfill the path and desires You have laid out before each of us. Grant my family forgiveness for any sins we have committed against one another. Amen.
Prayer for a Healthy Pregnancy
Thank you Father for the little baby that is about to be born. Lord, I pray that You would protect this unborn child that is being knit together in his/her mother’s womb, and I pray Lord that You would give grace for a safe and healthy delivery at the right time.
May this baby grow up to know and love the Lord Jesus, which will make him/her wise unto salvation. I pray for Your protection and grace for this little baby who is shortly to take his/her place in this world, and I ask that he/she may grow in wisdom and understanding. Guard and protect both mother and child as the day for delivery draws ever closer, and keep them from all the perils and uncertainties in this journey. Amen.
“I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.” 1 Corinthians 1:10
“How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity!” Psalm 133:1
“A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.” Proverbs 17:17
We are always happy when our family and loved ones gather together. It is blessed time when we get together with the friends and family. Sometimes we haven’t seen them in several months. Families come in all shapes and sizes (including adoptive and step families). The things that binds us together are love and loyalty. Family is important to God. When we pray for our family members, it shows that our family is important to us. Don’t forget prayer for family members.
Set Your Heart in Line with God’s Heart
Bringing our needs to God isn’t simply listing the things we need, and then walking away. Prayer is about enjoying intimacy with God, our Lord and Savior. Offer God praise (if you need a place to start, choose a chapter from the book of Psalms). Repentance is an opportunity to ask God for His forgiveness. Let’s face it, we all need His grace!
I praise You because You are wise and powerful (Daniel 2:20). You have given Your people peace and You keep Your promises (1 Kings 8:56). Lord, please forgive me for things I have done or words I have said that failed You. Please give me the wisdom to do better (1 John1:9). I acknowledge that the things I have been blessed with come from You (James 1:17).
Prayer for Family
Next, bring the needs of your loved ones to God in prayer for family. Please note, these are very general things to ask for. You can personalize this as you need to.
Lord, I bring my family members to You. I ask that You give them:
Health – Lord, maintain my loved one’s health (3 John 1:2)
Wisdom – Lord, give my loved ones the wisdom they need in the situations they are facing (Psalm 25:4-5)
Peace – Lord, give my loved ones strength and peace (Psalm 29:11)
If a family member has a specific need, look up a Bible verse that relates to their needs and include it in your prayer for them. For example, to pray for a family member who is going through a tough time:
Lord, Psalm 9:9 says, “The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.” Right now my loved one is troubled because she lost her job. Please be her refuge. Provide for her needs, protect her family, and lead her to the right job.”
Prayer for Yourself
As the member of a family, you have an important place. You need your family, but your family also needs you! Pray that God will help you to be the best member of your family as possible. Here are a few suggestions for how to pray for yourself:
Lord, I want to honor you by honoring my parents and by looking out for the younger members of my family. I need Your help! I want to demonstrate love to my family, handle problems with patience, and give generously.
Love – Please give help me to love others because You first loved me (1 John 4:19, 1 Corinthians 13:4-7).
Patience – Please help me to be patient with my loved ones (Colossians 3:13, Ephesians 6:4)
Generosity – Please help me to put the needs of others before my own; to be generous with my time and resources (1 Timothy 5:8, Acts 10:2).
Why Prayer is Important?
Family is important to God. We were not created to be “lone wolves” – we need each other (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10)! That is why God gave us the special community called family. God has given family to us for support, love, and companionship. At the same time, family is the place where we learn important things like patience.
How should we treat our family members? The Bible provides some guidelines about how families should interact and treat each other:
- “Honor your father and your mother” (Exodus 20:12)
We should treat the family members, especially those that are our seniors, with respect.
- “Children are a heritage from the Lord” (Psalm 127-3-5)
God entrusts parents with children. But I believe this also extends to looking out for the well-being of younger family members.
These verses, and many others, show that God cares for us and for the family unit. How can you deepen and strengthen your relationships with your loved ones? Prayer for family is an important part of keeping family relationships strong!
Time is Love
Time spent in prayer is important because time is a valuable and finite resource. When we bring our needs to God in prayer, we show that we trust Him.
Consider what it means for your loved ones when you bring their needs to the Lord in prayer! When we pray for our family members, it shows that our family is important to us.
Prayer for family is an investment of our time
How should I pray for my family?
Prayer for family is an opportunity to bring your loved ones’ needs to Him. Prayer is simply talking to God, but sometimes we just don’t know where to start. I’ll suggest a prayer here and then we can talk about it in more detail.
Here are a few suggestions for before you pray:
- Think about the last time you talked with your family members. What was going on in their lives? Make a list of your family members and any prayer concerns you know they have.
- If you aren’t sure what to pray for send a text to your family member and simply ask them, “How can I pray for you?”
- Write your list on an index card. Keep it in a private place and refer to it during your prayer time. When you communicate with your loved ones, ask them if they have experienced an answer to prayer.
Also read: SHORT FAMILY PRAYER
Prayer for families is the very foundation that keeps a family unit together. Have you heard the phrase “A family that prays together stays together”? The concept is true – a family that has their focus on praying to the Lord Jesus Christ has a foundation that may be shaken at times, but it will withstand all that comes against them.
It’s important for parents to have their children involved in family prayer because this helps build the children’s relationship with the Lord and also teaches them the importance of prayer. Families that pray together establish trust with one another, learn to pray in a fellowship, and come in agreement through Jesus. These disciplines help bring unity to the household.
The family is a small church and our ministry first starts at home. In 1 Timothy 3:5 we read, “If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s church?” Managing your family is caring for each member, teaching them God’s ways, leading them to grow in the Lord, and equipping them for adult life. Prayer is an important element in this process. A family who has a heart of prayer for each other will have a heart of prayer for the world.
Prayer for families can be done in a variety of ways – by you in your prayer closet, by praying together with your spouse, praying together as a family unit, and praying with friends. Praying for your family not only lays a foundation for family life, it also surrounds your family with protection and peace.
In many cases, the Lord reveals specific needs for your family members. He reveals pain that they may be feeling or certain things that are drawing them away from fellowship with Him. Praying for your family can give you insight from the Lord and most of all, prayer will bring you comfort as God reminds you of His promises. Perhaps some members of your family do not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Prayer for the unsaved is vital.
Prayer for Families – Sample Prayers
- Prayer for protection and provision – Father, Thank you for my family. I ask that you bless them with Your favor. Provide for all of their needs. I ask You to protect them from harm and evil. Surround them in the shadow of Your wing. Go before them and prepare the way for them. If any path is crooked, I ask you to make it straight. Protect them from the schemes of the enemy and keep them from deception. Bring Your perfect peace to their hearts. In Jesus name I pray, amen.
- Prayer for unity – Father, I thank you for blessing me with my family. I ask you to bring us into unity through You. I ask that anything that is hidden in darkness – to cause disunity – will be brought to light. I ask You to lead us into Your perfect truth and help us to be the family You intend us to be. Lord, help us to be a blessing to one another and to others. Reveal Yourself to us and let us come into agreement with You. Lead us in Your ways. Grant us compassionate hearts, fill us with Your love that does not keep records of wrong, and bring joy to our hearts when we think of one another. Bring Your perfect peace and unity into our family. In Jesus name I pray, amen.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
– We have all
and deserve God’s judgment.
, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him.
, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He
for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was
rose from the dead
according to the
. If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your
, declaring, “
Jesus is Lord
,” you will be saved from
and spend eternity with God in heaven.
What is your response?
Yes, today I am deciding to follow JesusYes, I am already a follower of JesusI still have questions