Sometimes we have dark periods in our life, when we feel totally lost. We feel that we are sinners and even can’t dream about asking God for His mercy. But our God is merciful and loving and one of the biggest sins is to hesitate and deny His mercy. We can’t hesitate in Divine mercy even in situations when we have committed a mortal sin. God mercy is boundless. We need to say divine mercy prayer with the deep faith in our hearts and ask “Lord, have forgiveness and mercy on me!” And we will receive His mercy and forgiveness answer, also peace to our hearts.
Divine Mercy Prayer
Oh God of all mercy, I pray you today for mercy over my life, family, ministry, career. I walk with you, let your sure mercy surround me. Do not leave me to myself, Lord let your mercy frees me out of every tight situation. Lord, have mercy on me a sinner. In Jesus name, Amen.
Bible says in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him”. So we don’t need to hesitate on God’s intentions regarding us. He gave to us the biggest gift – His Son to save us from death and to give us eternal life. We need to recognize that we are only weak people, who can’t stay on the right way without the help and support of God. We never deserve God’s mercy as our nature is sinful, but we must never stop believing and praying divine mercy prayer.
Why we Need to Pray “Lord, have Forgiveness and Mercy on Me”?
Divine mercy prayer is a prayer that every believer should pray since we are not perfect beings and need for God’s support and mercy in any situation.
“Oh satisfy us early with thy mercy; that we may rejoice and be glad all our days” (Psalm 90: 14).
God mercy is crucial to our salvation as Ephesians 2:4-6 say “But God who is rich in mercy, for his great love, wherewith he loved us….”. So the divine mercy and forgiveness are an essential part of our walk with God, we can’t rely only on ourselves and our efforts.
Believing in God’s mercy and asking for it is the only way to reach the eternal life. We must to live according God’s will. Jude 1:21 says, “Keep yourself in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ into eternal life”. You’d love to daily pray for mercy as a believer.
Table of contents
There are a number of circumstances where we need the divine mercy prayer
One of such occasions is when we sin against God. Bible says, if we cover our sins, we shall not prosper. By confessing our sins and saying prayer for mercy forgiveness comes. As much as sin is not a lifestyle for the believer, but the Bible says “if” we sin, there is a place for mercy, (not because we deserve forgiveness, but because He is all merciful and that we may fear Him). Psalm 130:4 says, “But with you there is forgiveness, that you may be feared”.
David in Psalms 51:1 prayed (after committing the sin of adultery and murder) “Have mercy upon me, o God according to thy loving kindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions”.
Also, we say the divine mercy prayer during challenging times. At such times when even our good works cannot save us, we cry for mercy. “The troubles of my heart are enlarged; bring me out of my distresses” (Psalms 25:17).
David prayed for God’s mercy several times when he was afflicted and troubled by king Saul, and the above psalm was one of such times, and in all of these hard times, the Lord God showed him mercy and bailed him out.
Daily prayer points for mercy and forgiveness
- Prayer to God for forgiveness of sins
- Pray for forgiving others
- Prayer to forgive for yourself
Noteworthy is the fact that the prayer of divine mercy is a prayer for the “weak” and not the “strong”. We know fully well that outside of God, we are just nothing, there are no strong people, His strength is perfect in our weakness. For folks who are not ‘all-powerful’, (nobody is all-powerful but God) we have learned how to draw strength from God always. “Have mercy upon me O LORD, for I am weak; O Lord, heal me, for my bones are vexed” (Psalms 6:2).
So ask God for mercy daily, knowing well that each day you live is just gift by His mercy. Lamentations 3:22 says, ”It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed…” There are no achievers in the kingdom, we are all receivers. A cry for mercy God will not deny.
Also read: GOD HELP ME! Dealing with Hopeless Situations
1. Oh Lord of mercy: By your mercy hearken to my voice and give me testimonies, in the name of Jesus.
2. Oh Lord,by your mercy, my ladder of greatness shall not break, in the name of Jesus.
3. Anything planted in my life scaring my helpers away: Be destroyed by fire, in the name of Jesus.
4. My prayer altar receive fresh fire, in the name of Jesus.
5. Every evil cage that has refused to let me go: be destroyed by fire, in the name of Jesus.
6. Every satanic violence set up against the mercy of God for my life: Scatter by fire, in the name of Jesus.
7. Every power robbing me of the mercy and favor of God: Your time is over release me and die, in the name of Jesus.
8. By the mercy of God: I decree that the hand of the enemy shall not prevail over my life, in the name of Jesus.
9. You wicked power delaying the manifestation of my divine mercy: be destroyed in the name of Jesus.
10. Every enemy of my progress within and without: I’ve obtained the mercy of God therefore: die in shame in the name of Jesus.
11.By the mercy of God: I receive supernatural breakthroughs, in the name of Jesus.
12. Any wicked power delegated to waste my destiny, be wasted by fire, in the name of Jesus.
13 Wherever the enemy has knocked me down: Mercy of God lift me up and restore me, in the name of Jesus.
14. Every arrow of wickedness preventing my rain of mercy: Be destroyed by fire, in the name of Jesus.
15. If ‘am behind my heavenly ordained destiny: Mercy of God move me forward to where ‘am suppose to be, in the name of Jesus.
16. By the mercy of God I shall not fish in the Dead Sea, in the name of Jesus.
17. By the mercy of God: Let there be a way for me in the wilderness, in the name of Jesus.
18. By the mercy of god let every valley in my life bring forth water, in the name of Jesus.
19. By the mercy of God: I shall not build for another to inhabit, in the name of Jesus.
20.By the mercy of God: I shall not labor for another to enjoy, in the name of Jesus.
21. by the mercy of God: I shall not plant for another to harvest, in the name of Jesus.
22. By the mercy of God: I shall not be unseated from my place of blessing/fulfillment, in the name of Jesus.
23. by the mercy of God: I shall not be a negative example in the house of God, in my family, in my community to the nation at large, in the name of Jesus.
25. by the mercy of God: I shall obtain uncommon favor in the name of Jesus.
27. by the mercy of God I shall not see disgrace, I shall not see shame, and I shall not see disappointment, in the name of Jesus.
27. By the mercy of God: I shall be watered from the garden of the Lord all the days of my life, in the name of Jesus.
28. By the mercy of God: I shall live in abundance and in good health all the days of my life, in the name of Jesus.
29. By the mercy of God: I shall be blessed and highly favored all the days of my life, in the name of Jesus.
30. By the mercy of God: Where others have failed I shall succeed , in the name of Jesus.
In a world as crazy as ours, one couldn’t do without divine mercy.
When a life enjoys divine mercy, it’s so easy to see as the lines fall in pleasant places for such.
The following prayers are sure ways to attract divine mercy into your life.
Divine Mercy Prayers
1. As I set out today, I look to you, giver of all good things. Have mercy on me. Let my day be awesome.
2. I have messed up. Done things I shouldn’t have. Now I’m faced with consequences too hard to bear. Please forgive me, Lord. Let your mercy prevail over judgment.
3. I look to heavens, from where my help comes. Show me mercy. Let me smile again.
4. Let mercy line my path. Let favour surround me. Let it be known that my God is great.
5. Mercy in judgement, that’s all I crave. If I’m dealt with according to my sins, then I won’t survive.
6. When I go out to stand before great men. Let me encounter grace. Let doors open for me that I may praise you.
7. The world is full of cruelty, enemies abound. All I pray for is mercy, that I may overcome always.
8. I trust in you and your unfailing mercy. Let every fear in me be dispelled. Give me the courage of a warrior to overcome all of life’s challenges.
9. Don’t let me be tempted beyond what I can bear.
Give me the grace to stand in faith. Let your mercy be available for me.
10. Dear Lord,
You have promised to always stand by me. Now I need you more than ever. Let your mercy see me through. Let your love surround me.
- 50 Best Thanksgiving Prayers to God
- 150 Happy New Month Messages for Friends, Lovers & Loved Ones
- 50 Powerful Prayer for My Husband Protection
- 100 Happy New Week Prayer SMS for Someone Special
- 50 Powerful Prayer Points for Protection
11. Abba Father, Hear my plea for help and for strength and for mercy. Help me find a way. Lead me out of this situation.
12. I’m knocked down. It appears there’s nothing else to live for. Before I give up, I’m crying out one last time: have mercy on me, Lord. Let me smile again.
13. When you show me mercy, then what man thinks wouldn’t matter. That’s why I’m on my knees pleading, have mercy oh Lord.
14. Don’t leave me at the mercy of human beings, they’d destroy without flinching. I crave your mercy oh Lord. Please fight my cause.
15. When mercy speaks, life is easy. Cause mercy to speak for me that I may enjoy life.
16. Let me be the righteous man whose life attracts your mercy and favour. Amen
17. Be gracious to me oh Lord, let your unfailing mercy attend me. Let your peace overflow my heart.
18. When the enemy surrounds me like a flood and my soul is overwhelmed with fear, then I will cry to you for mercy and you will save me by your grace.
19. Peace like a river, overflowing mercy. That’s all I pray for, that it may be well with me.
20. With divine mercy, I’ll overcome enemies stronger than me. Help me Lord according to the multitude of your mercy.
Lord, Have Mercy on Me
Lord, Have Mercy on Me
21. Oh God of all flesh from whom mercy flows, cause my life to be flooded with divine mercy. Let your favour set me apart.
22. Gracious mighty God, be merciful unto me. Save me or I die.
23. I covet your mercy oh Lord. Show me mercy in all my endeavours, that my hand may yield a plentiful harvest.
24. I could run all day and all night, yet not reach my goals. Your mercy makes the difference. Show me mercy Lord.
25. Without mercy, all efforts are in vain. Have mercy on me, Lord, cause your favour to shine on me, let my labour not be in vain.
26. Don’t let me go down the miry lane of perversion. Let your mercy intervene.
27. In lowliness of heart, I cry to you. You are the fountain of mercy. Let your mercy blot out my sins and make me whole again.
28. My punishment has run its course, my heart is contrite now. Have mercy on me oh Lord. Restore my glory.
29. I am at that point where I can’t muster the courage to go further. Here I am in surrender. I’m letting go and letting you take over, have mercy.
30. Mercy is all I need in this wicked world. Let your mercy shield me from wicked people. Let your mercy Show me the way to go.
31. Let my heart seek you always. Let my gaze be focused on you that I may enjoy your mercy and grace all the days of my life.
32. Your mercy keeps the mind at peace and keeps a life safe. Keep me safe, oh Lord, by your mercy.
33. A moment of your mercy overshadows a lifetime of struggle. Let your face shine on me. Let my life enjoy your mercy.
34. It’s not of him that willeth but of God that showeth mercy, so your holy word says. Henceforth, I stop willing and rely on your mercy solely. Lead me.
35. I have been swift, yet the race has not gone my way. Let your mercy make the difference in my hustle.
36. Let your mercy flow like a river and subsume shame in my life. Let your grace attend me that I may lift my head high again.
37. Let your mercy guide my choices. Let me choose life, let me choose peace.
38. Don’t let me sink in the miry pool of sin. Let your mercy search me out. Let it cleanse me and wrap me with beauty.
39. I have since lost my way, chasing after false dreams but you searched me out in your mercy and you wrapped me in your love.
40. Blessed is the man whom the Lord’s mercy covers. May I be called blessed.
I Receive Your Mercy, Lord
I Receive Your Mercy, Lord
41. Beautiful is the life that enjoys the Lord’s mercy. Let me be that life clothed in your mercy, that my life may radiate beauty for all to see.
42. Embrace me with your mercy, surround me with your grace. Let me sing the song of a victor and smile with satisfaction.
43. I will tire easily if your grace doesn’t back me. I will go down in misery if your mercy does not attend me. Have mercy on me oh Lord, let my joy be full.
44. My prayer today and always is that I enjoy your mercy and your favour in all my endeavours.
45. As I face this test, let your mercy distinguish me from my peers. Let me excel and shine beyond measure.
46. May I find mercy before my examiners. May my efforts yield outstanding success.
47. Mercy to cover my errors and make my efforts shine, these I pray for, may it be mine.
48. May your mercy bring my efforts to spotlight. Let it colour me so beautiful, that all may come to the brightness of my shinning.
49. Let your mercy flow, that the little things I do may amount to greatness.
50. I’ve laboured, I’m stressed out and resigned. Now I look to you for mercy to bless my labour with favour.
51. When my work is done and dusted, let me be able to look back with joy and say your mercy helped me.
52. Your mercy sets me apart, making me shine always. What will I ever do without your mercy? What will I do without your grace?
53. I’ve gone my way, I’ve followed my path. I’m at a dead end with nowhere to turn. So I’m looking up to you, help me, Lord. Save me, let me find a way.
54. Don’t let me go down the way of the pervert, let your mercy turn my life around.
55. Let your mercy drops, like dew, fall on me. Let it wet my life with goodness and make me bloom beautifully.
56. Your mercy flows like a river, refreshing the thirsty, satisfying the famished. Let it flow unceasingly into my life.
57. When the fire of life threatens to burn, I run into the flood of your mercy. The strong tower of your love shields me.
58. Life is not panning out as expected. Ideas are not flying as they ought. So here I am calling out to you for mercy and reaching out to touch your grace.
59. Choices poorly made, landed me in my current state. Now all I need is your mercy to rescue me.
60. Have mercy on me, save me from consequences too difficult to bear. Save me by your grace.
Grant Me Your Mercy, Lord
Grant Me Your Mercy, Lord
61. Let your mercy locate me today to attend me in all my endeavours. Let your face shine that my efforts may be blessed.
62. Let your mercy take the burning edge off the sun. Let dews of mercy refresh me.
63. A life without mercy, a rough life. Let your mercy smoothen every crooked path for me.
64. Let your mercy straighten every crooked path for me and loosen out every knot, that I may see clearly the way to go.
65. Life is hard and tough. The competition is stiffer than I can bear. Let your mercy distinguish me, Lord, that I won’t have to labour so hard.
66. I’m at the junction of decisions. Let your mercy guide me, that I may make the right decision.
67. In this life, I can never be stranded. I have a merciful father who leads me to green pastures.
68. Guide me gently loving saviour. Lead me by your mercy to solid ground.
69. When life threatens to overwhelm, let your mercy rescue me, Lord.
70. The Lord rescues me from all evil. He is my refuge. He delivers me by his mercy.
71. When the road is all uphill and life doesn’t seem to have any meaning. When on the verge of giving up, reach out to the higher help. He delivers by his mercy.
72. You’re overwhelmed and I see you’re on the verge of losing all. I pray the mercy of God will keep you strong. I pray He will ignite in you the fire to fight and help you overcome all your challenges.
73. Whatever you’re passing through at this period, I pray the mercy of the Lord will sustain you. His hand will uphold you and you shall laugh last.
74. May the Lord embrace you with his mercy and wrap you with his favour. May you enjoy grace.
75. When mercy locates a man, every other thing falls in place for him. May the mercy of God locate you today and catapult you to greatness.
76. Keep labouring in faithfulness. At the appointed time, God’s mercy will locate you and connect you with greatness.
77. As you look up to heavens, may God’s mercy grant that your prayers be answered speedily.
78. Don’t waver, don’t doubt, at God’s time, his mercy will locate you, shoot you up from the miry clay and take you to heights unimaginable.
79. When you go out in the morning, divine mercy will accompany you. When you come back his favour will be your companion. It shall be well with you.
80. As you stand before your examiners today, may the mercy of God surround you so that you’ll have the perfect answer for every question. May you shine.
Your Mercy is All I Need, Lord
Your Mercy is All I Need, Lord
81. May the mercy of the most high accompany on your journey. May he keep you from harm’s way and bring you safely to your destination.
82. May God’s mercy colour your efforts and cover your errors. May you outshine your peers.
83. No matter how hard your life journey seems, God’s mercy is always at hand, waiting for you to surrender and call out for help.
84. You’re the rock I stand on, every other ground is sinking sand. Save me by your mercy and rescue me by your grace.
85. Mercy is what we need as a people that we may be saved. Look upon us oh Lord, let there be a turnaround.
86. Please, Lord, I’m tired of my sinful ways, it has yielded nothing but trouble. Here am I in deep repentance, have mercy on me. Save me by your grace.
87. Here am I oh Lord, I’ve come to you in acknowledgement that you alone can help me. Help me oh Lord according to the multitude of thy mercy.
88. I can not bear your anger. It’d destroy me in a twinkle of an eye. Have mercy on me, Lord. Forgive me and I’ll be changed.
88. Let your mercy preserve me from sin so that my life will not attract destruction.
89. I commit my work to your hands oh giver of good things. Let your mercy elevate me.
90. My life and all are in your arms. Let your mercy preserve me and save me from wicked people.
91. Don’t withdraw your mercy from me, Lord. I breathe it, I live it. I couldn’t survive without it.
92. Here I am on my knees, seeking your face, imploring your mercy. I’ll remain here until you hear me and show me your mercy.
93. Draw me nearer Lord, let me taste your mercy, let me bask in your grace.
94. You’re all I have. You’re all I need. Your mercy satisfies me, it is enough for me.
95. Your mercy has kept me this far. Chastising me, guiding me. May your mercy never cease in my life.
96. I can’t do without your mercy. I rely on it to save me to the uttermost. Let your mercy preserve me until your coming.
97. While I wandered about in sin, your mercy was out searching for me. It eventually located and rescued me from destruction. I still rely on you, Lord. Never leave me to my own devices.
98. I cry out in anguish, have mercy on me, Lord. Rescue me, save me. Take me from the miry clay, set my feet on the rock.
99. To thee oh God divine, I cry out for mercy. Have mercy Lord, have mercy.
100. Thou would show mercy to whom it pleases you to show mercy. Let it please you to show me mercy. Let me find favour in your sight. Amen.
- Written By Ronke Fayomi.
Explore this Article Making the Sign of the Cross Beginning the Chaplet Finishing the Prayer Show 1 more… Show less… Article Summary Questions & Answers Related Articles
This article was co-authored by our trained team of editors and researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. Together, they cited information from
Content Management Team
carefully monitors the work from our editorial staff to ensure that each article meets our high standards.
wikiHow marks an article as reader-approved once it receives enough positive feedback. This article has over 196,665 views, and 15 testimonials from our readers, earning it our reader-approved status. Learn more…
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy is a beautiful set of prayers said on rosary beads. It was composed by Saint Faustina Kowałska following a series of visions she had from Jesus Christ, who revealed Himself as the Divine Mercy. To pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, begin with an opening prayer sequence followed by a series of prayers based on the “decades” of your rosary.
Method 1 Making the Sign of the Cross
- Familiarize yourself with the design of a traditional 5-decade rosary.
There’s a small crucifix dangling from the end of the rosary. The string directly holding the rosary has a single large bead, 3 small beads, another large bead, and a small icon or image. The actual loop of the rosary is comprised of 5 “decades” of beads.
- A “decade” is 10 small beads followed by a large bead. The first decade begins on the left-hand side of the rosary and moves outward from the icon.
- The larger beads denoting the start/end of each decade are also called “Our Father” beads. The smaller beads in the middle sections are also called “Hail Mary” beads.
- Hold your rosary in one hand.
Most people prefer to gently grasp their rosary in their right hand. This allows you to more easily move the rosary around and touch each of the beads as you say each prayer.
- If you prefer to kneel, make sure that the rosary doesn’t touch the ground at any time.
- Raise your right hand.
While still holding the rosary, move your hand so that it is in front of your body. Pull your thumb inwards towards your palm and lightly touch your ring finger with it. Alternatively, you can complete the cross with all 5 fingers.
- For some people, performing the cross with all 5 fingers is meant to symbolize the 5 wounds of Jesus Christ. Raising only your middle and index fingers can symbolize the divine and human parts of Christ.
- Many congregations will have a specific hand gesture that they use for the cross. Talk with your religious leaders for guidance if you are unsure.
- Touch your fingertips lightly to the center of your forehead.
Whether you use a full hand or just a few fingers, this should be a light, purposeful touch and nothing more. As soon as your fingers make contact with your forehead, say aloud, “In the name of the Father…” which is the beginning of the Trinitarian formula that is said while making the sign of the cross.
- You can also say the Latin translation, “In nomine Patris…”
- Tap your fingertips against the middle of your chest.
Slowly and sedately move your right hand so that your fingertips gently press against the center of your sternum. As soon as your fingers make contact, say, “and of the Son…” Continue to clasp the rosary in your right hand as you make these movements.
- You can also position your left hand flat against the center of your chest and tap your right fingertips slightly above it.
- The Latin translation here is, “et Filii…”
- Touch the front of your left shoulder.
Continuing to use the fingertips of your right hand, gently tap the front-facing part of your shoulder. When your fingertips make contact, say, “And of the Holy…”
- You can also say the Latin translation, which is, “…et Spritus…”
- Move your fingertips over to the front of your right shoulder.
Continuing to use your right hand, touch the front-facing part of your right shoulder. As soon as your fingertips make contact, say, “…and the Holy Spirit…”
- The Latin translation here is, “…Sanctus.”
- Place your hands together in prayer.
Position your hands in front of your body with your palms flat and touching one another. Make sure your fingertips face upwards. When your hands touch, say, “Amen.” This is the end of the Sign of the Cross and the conclusion of the Trinitarian formula as well.
Method 2 Beginning the Chaplet
- Choose whether to chant or sing the chaplet.
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy is a relatively quick prayer, which means that some people prefer to sing it. There are even audio guides that you can purchase for your phone or on CD to guide you along. If you chant the chaplet, try to keep a consistent and regular pace.
- Don’t worry too much about the quality of your singing voice. The point is to focus on the words and the meanings behind them.
- You can also sing or chant the chaplet as a group.
- Say the optional opening prayers.
As you touch the large bead immediately above the cross on your rosary, repeat the following, “You expired, Jesus, but the source of life gushed forth for souls, and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy, envelop the whole world and empty Yourself out upon us.”
- As soon as you are finished, you have the option to complete another prayer by repeating the following 3 times in succession, “O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a Fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!”
- Touch the first small bead and say the Lord’s Prayer.
As you touch the rosary bead, say, “Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.”
- Touch the second small bead and say the say the Hail Mary.
Move upwards a single bead from the previous step and say, “Hail, Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.”
- Move to the next small bead and say the Apostle’s Creed.
As you touch this bead, say, “I believe in God, the Father almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth. I believe in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord; He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary; He suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, died, and was buried; He descended to Hell; on the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father.”
- Continue by stating, “He will come again to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.”
- Touch the next large bead and say the Eternal Father prayer.
The next bead in the sequence is a large one. As you touch it, say, “Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.”
Method 3 Finishing the Prayer
- Say a prayer for each of the small beads in the first decade of the loop.
Remember to move to the left of the icon on your rosary. When you touch the first bead say, “For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.” Repeat this process for each of the 10 small beads of the first decade.
- Recite the Lord’s Prayer for the large bead at the end of the decade.
As you touch the large bead at the end of the decade, say, “Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.”
- Repeat the process for each decade.
As you move around the rosary, say “For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world” as you touch each small bead in each decade. Then, say the Lord’s Prayer for each large bead between the decades
- Touch the icon and recite the “Trisagion” 3 times.
Once you’ve said a prayer for each bead around the loop of the rosary, hold the icon image in your right hand and repeat the following words, “Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.” Repeat this phrase 3 times in a row.
- Say the optional closing prayer.
You can choose to hold the entire rosary in your right hand or just the cross. State the following words, “Eternal God, in whom Mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion — inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is Love and Mercy itself.”
- After you conclude this prayer, you can make the sign of the cross once more if you choose.
Add New Question
How many days do I pray?
You can pray any time. It is probably best to pray at least one time a day, but you can pray more if you feel it is necessary.
When do you begin saying the Divine Mercy rosary?
You can begin saying it when you want to (it’s traditionally said at 3 o’clock in the afternoon). Try saying it during Lent, or especially on Good Friday.
When do I pray the divine mercy prayer?
Although the Chaplet can be said anytime, Our Lord asked specifically that it be prayed at 3pm (the Hour of Divine Mercy, which is the hour that He died). Also, He ordered that a Novena of Chaplets be prayed from Good Friday to Easter Saturday (the day before Divine Mercy Sunday) for certain intentions that He gave.
I missed a day. Can I still do the novena?
Yes! If you miss a day, you should say the prayers of the day you missed when you say the prayers for the next day. If you miss several days, then you might want to start over.
Can I pray when I find out somebody I know has died?
Of course you can. Praying for the dead can grant them peace.
Can I pray the rosary while in bed?
Of course. You can pray the rosary anywhere.
If I pray in bed in my mind, does the Lord know?
He always hears your words, whether you speak them or not.
Can I pray at 3 a.m.?
Yes, God is listening to you 24/7. He wants a real relationship with you and is not bound by time.
Is praying with my mind as valuable as praying with my lips in silence?
Yes, it is.
Can I pray anywhere?
Absolutely, the only thing that matters in praying is your connection with God, no one and no where else is connected.
Show more answers
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- It is not necessary to use a rosary if you don’t have one. You can say the prayers on your hands by using 1 hand to count the 5 decades and the other hand to count the 10 prayers by counting each finger twice. However, using rosary beads is easier.
- Praying is not simply about saying the words. Make sure that you are concentrating on channeling your emotions and thoughts in a thoughtful, positive direction.
To pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, hold a traditional rosary in one hand, then raise that hand and make the sign of the cross. Touch the first small bead on the rosary and say the Lord’s Prayer, then touch the second small bead and say the Hail Mary. Move to the next small bead and say the Apostle’s Creed, then say the Eternal Father as you touch the next large bead. Finally, say a prayer for each small and large bead in the decade, or each set of 10 beads, and recite the Trisagion 3 times while touching the icon. To learn the optional opening and closing prayers, keep reading!
Did this summary help you? Article Info
In other languages:
Español: rezar la Coronilla de la Divina Misericordia, Italiano: Recitare la Coroncina della Divina Misericordia, Русский: произносить молитву о Божественном Милосердии с четками, Português: Rezar o Terço da Misericórdia Divina, Français: réciter le chapelet de la Divine Miséricorde, Bahasa Indonesia: Berdoa Kaplet Kerahiman Ilahi, Deutsch: Den Barmherzigkeitsrosenkranz beten
- Send fan mail to authors
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 196,665 times.
Did this article help you?