The Bible tells us “Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9). It’s important to have faith in God when you can’t see the way but how can you offer God praise when you’re dealing with hardship and pain? The choices you make in these moments are so important. They can propel you toward God or away from Him. You can find God in the hard times by choosing to trust and hope when we can’t see the way. This will help us turn to praise and glorify God better.
According to Scripture, praise is an act of our will that flows out of us through reverence of God. Our God is worthy of praise. Revelations 5:11-14 speaks of a voice of a thousand angels around God’s throne, singing in a mighty chorus “Worthy is the Lamb who was slain – to receive powers and riches and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and blessing”. When we give glory to God, it opens us up to a more intimate relationship with Him.
God is present come rain or shine. He is even present when we fail to realize it. It’s important that we not only turn our focus back to praise when we begin to lose hope but also that we turn to praise in times of abundance. Many of us are quick to question God when things go wrong, but slow to honor Him when things go well. One of the biggest challenges here is turning every blessing He pours into our lives back into praise. One way we can do this is through gratitude. Thanksgiving is a great way for us as Christians to take steps into worship. Psalm 100 exhorts this and us: “Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His spirits with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name” (Psalm 100: 4-5). In order to have a heart of gratitude, we must acknowledge God. Here are six prayers to thank God.
Thank You For Loving Me
Heavenly Father, thank You for loving me. Thank You for forgiving me. Thank You for showing me my worthiness and for pursuing me. I am in awe of You Lord! I submit my heart to you Lord. May Your Holy Spirit transform me and make me like You. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Thank You For My Countless Blessings
Heavenly Father, I want to thank You for my countless blessings. I thank You not only for the food I have to eat, lovingly prepared for me, but also for spiritual gifts, in particular the loved ones I cherish dearly, a comfortable place to live, the beauty that surrounds me, health, and spiritual wealth to name a few. I acknowledge you for the countless blessings You’ve provided. I thank You for giving us clear direction through Your Holy Word. Through good and bad times, help me to see that we are blessed beyond measure. Amen.
Thank You For Waking Me Up
Heavenly Father, on this day I give You thanks for waking me up this morning and starting me on my way. Today, I ask that I recognize how blessed I am – that I may be spiritually transformed. Help me to not wake up with a complaining spirit, an attitude and dwelling on yesterday’s problems. Instead, I ask that You change our complaining to thanksgiving, our attitude to love and that I turn all my problems and stress over to You. In Your Holy name I pray. Amen.
Thank You For Every Good and Perfect Gift
Heavenly Father, I humbly come before You with a grateful heart, praising You with all my being, for I know that every good and perfect gift comes from You –The One who never changes. I recognize those good things, both large and small, with which You have blessed me. As I lift up this prayer, I also recognize our forgetfulness in giving You thanks each and every day. Forgive me. May I learn to thank You for the good; And may I trust the evil to be made good by You. For You alone are worthy of our praise and thanksgiving. Amen.
Thank You For Those I Love and Those in Need
Heavenly Father, I want to thank you for blessing me. Today, I pray not only for my loved ones, but also for those around me in positions of need. When I have food, help me to remember the hungry; When I have work, help me to remember the jobless; When I have a home, help me to remember those who have no home at all; When I am without pain, help me to remember those who suffer, And remembering, help me to destroy my complacency; help me to have compassion for those around me, and be concerned enough to help; By word and deed, those who cry out for what we take for granted. Amen.
Thank You For Your Grace and Generosity
Heavenly Father, Creator of all and source of all goodness and love, please look kindly upon me and receive my heartfelt gratitude in this time of giving thanks. I acknowledge You for all gifts and blessings You have bestowed upon us: food and shelter, health, love we have for one another, my family and friends. I thank you for Your infinite generosity. Please grant me continued Grace and blessings throughout the coming year. In Your Holy Name we pray. Amen.
When we focus our minds in the direction of God and proclaim His goodness, we reflect His glory. When we do this, we are filled with peace and contentment. This can help shift our outlook related to our circumstances. Finding God in the hard times can be particularly difficult. That’s why it’s so important to choose trust and hope when you can’t see the way.
God has blessed us with so much. We can’t acknowledge what we have without thanking God, our Heavenly Father, who gave us the gift of life and from whom all blessings flow. Praise God for He is good and His mercy endures forever.
A grateful heart causes the one to whom you are grateful to, want to do more.
Meanwhile, there is hardly a force stronger than a heartfelt prayer to God.
This is what a Thanksgiving prayer is. Give thanks to God with these unique prayers and see amazing results in your life.
Table of contents
Best Thanksgiving Prayers
1. Father, I am not ungrateful for the things you have done in my life. I may not know all you have done for you, but that makes me all the more grateful.
2. I know that all I have were given by you, and while I might not have everything I want, I am grateful that I have you, God.
3. My life is a product of your grace. God, I cannot exist without you. I am eternally grateful.
4. How can I claim to be a self-made man my lord, when you created me, crafted me, and blessed me.
5. I am indeed blessed to by you lord, to be surrounded by friends who love me. Thank you, Lord.
- Awesome Prayer Points for Your Protection.
- Powerful Believe Quotes About Love and Life.
6. There are no little things with you Because, without you Lord, I can do nothing without you.
7. I am grateful for every seemingly little thing. For the ability to see, hear, talk, taste and feel. And even in the absence of some of this, that I can be alive to experience life is enough to be grateful for.
8. Lord, I am grateful for the family you have given to me. They might not be the most interesting, the richest or the popular, but they are the best choice for me.
9. Lord. I may not be as rich as I want to be, but I thank you for providing for me.
10. Lord, I will thank you, in sickness and in health, in riches and in poverty, in joy and sadness because you make this life worthwhile.
Thank You Prayer to God
11. Lord, I thank you for your mercy. That you have blessed this imperfect man perfectly. Lord, you are too good.
12. I thank you, God. Because you have caused your face to shine over me. I have found favour in your sight, and you have blessed me richly.
13. You are too much God. There is no one like you. You have covered me from the evil eye. You have shielded me from evil intentions and you have protected me from evil hands. My praises and thanks are not even enough to show my gratitude.
14. Lord, I have been in need, and you provided for me. I have been in debt, and you credited my debtors on my behalf. I am grateful for everything you have done for me.
15. God, I thank you for success, for promotion, for the good health you have given to me.
16. It would be a lie if I said that I have all, or that I was always comfortable, but through the hard times, you were with me. God, a thousand praises and thanks to you.
17. I cannot create air, neither can I count how much air I need to survive. A lot of people are unable to breathe without paying for this free air that you have given me. If this is my only testimony lord, then I will never cease to praise you.
18. Lord, you are my fortress, my refuge, my defence. Thank you, Lord, for protecting me.
19. I will always remember how you picked me up from the grass with your arms of grace. I remember how you brought me out of the dungeon and put me on the mountaintop. I thank you, Lord.
20. You have increased me, God. You have prospered me. You have blessed me with your blessings. Who is like you oh God?
Gratitude Prayer to God
Thank You Prayer to God
21. Lord, I thank you for promoting me. I thank you for I have found favour in your sight.
22. There is none who gives bountifully like you. There is none who blesses like you. I worship you, God.
23. Lord, you put the wicked to shame, you defend the cause of the oppressed. You have redeemed me from the hands of my enemies, I am eternally grateful.
24. You have vindicated me of the accusations of the wicked. You have gladdened my heart with your just hand and righteousness. Thank you, Lord.
25. Lord, you have made my joy complete. You have fulfilled the desires of my heart. I am grateful oh God.
26. I sought you in the time of famine and you blessed me abundantly. Thank you, Lord.
27. You are more than good o lord. You are more than gracious. You are awesome in all your ways. Thank you for your divine provision.
28. In the desert, you were there as an oasis for me. In the place where men stumble and fall, you led me in strength and safety. I am abundantly grateful to you lord.
29. Where there was a casting down, you lifted me up. You blessed me. You embraced me with your unfailing love. There is no god like you.
30. You picked me up from the dust, from the mud. You cleaned me up and gave me a future when nobody thought good of me. Thank you, Lord, for your unfailing and unending love.
Prayer of Thanks to God
Prayer of Praise and Thanksgiving to God
31. Truly, Lord, you have been my comfort. My peace in the midst of the storms of life. There is no one like you.
32. Lord, through the roughest of times, you hid me in the palms of your hands, you covered me in the cleft of your rock. You have protected me, and I am thankful for your grace and protection.
33. Lord, I am grateful for the many times you saved me and I had no idea. You do more than my mind can think, so I will praise you with more than words can say.
34. You great God are the mighty Redeemer, you have delivered me from the hands of the wicked one. You are the great provider, you have been supplying my needs from day one. you are no mediocre, everything you do is great.
35. God, you have established me in the midst of hardships, in the midst of crises. You prepared a table for me in the den of my enemies. You alone be glorified.
36. Dear lord. I have trusted in men, and I have been failed so many times, but you have never failed. You are a faithful Lord.
37. Like Hagar, you are my well in the wilderness. You are the source of my wealth. It is all you God, and all honour and glory be returned back to you.
38. Some people trust in money, in horses and chariots, but I’ll trust in you, who has given me the power to make wealth.
39. Your promises never fail lord. You have fulfilled your word in my life. You are an amazing God.
40. There is no god who delivers like you, who blesses like you, who is like you. I worship you, Lord.
Prayer of Praise and Thanksgiving to God
41. There are no words to express the way I feel about you, God. You have blessed me so marvellously.
42. You have done wonderful things for me oh lord. I have found favour in your sight, and I am grateful.
43. No man can do the things you do. No man can ever take your place Almighty God. You are perfect in the way you take care of me.
44. Lord, I am grateful for the people that you have brought my way. For family, friends and acquaintances. For everyone you have used to touch my life, I am grateful.
45. I was hopeless but you made me a blessing. I thank you for all the lives that have been touched by what you are doing in my life.
46. You are bigger than all my problems, you are bigger than all my fears, and you have protected me from them all.
47. who is as magnificent as you oh Lord. Who can claim to do half the things you do. You have blessed me beating my imagination, beyond my wildest dreams.
48. In my days of trouble, you were my help. I’m my day of weakness, you were my strength. Even if the arm of man fails, you mercy has no end. Lord.
49. You have beautified me. You have exalted me beyond the natural. I thank you, Lord God, for all you have done for me.
50. There is nothing that I have done in this life without your help. Awesome is your faithfulness oh Lord.
- Written By Ogbe Misan.
“God smiles when we praise and thank Him continually. Few things feel better than receiving heartfelt praise and appreciation from someone else. God loves it, too… An amazing thing happens when we offer praiseand thanksgiving to God. When we give God enjoyment,our own hearts are filled with joy.” – Rick Warren
It is not easy to give thanks in every circumstance. But when we choose to thank God in the midst of difficulty, it defeats the forces of darkness in the spiritual realm. When we thank God for every gift He has given us even when things are hard, the enemy loses the battle against us. He is stopped in his tracks when we come to God with a thankful heart.
Learn to be thankful for every blessing from God in your life. It is of great significance to Him if in the midst of great trials, we can be thankful. There is a way of looking at life from the standpoint of eternity. The reality of eternal life and eternal glory that far exceeds this life is a priceless treasure. Our afflictions are working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.
Let’s learn to thank God every day during all seasons.
A Prayer for a Thankful Heart
Lord, teach me to offer you a heart of thanksgiving and praise in all my daily experiences of life. Teach me to be joyful always, to pray continually and to give thanks in all my circumstances. I accept them as Your will for my life (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18). I long to bring pleasure to Your heart daily. Break the power of the enemy in my life. Defeat Him through my sacrifice of praise. Change my outlook and attitude into one of joyful contentment with my present circumstances. I thank You for…
Jesus, I want to be like You who obeyed the Father without complaint. You embraced the chains of humanity when You walked this earth. Convict me whenever I complain or compare myself with others. Give me Your attitude of humility and thankful acceptance. I want to be like the Apostle Paul who learned contentment in every circumstance. I choose to continually offer You a sacrifice of praise, the fruit of lips that give praise to Your name (Hebrews 13:15). I long to bring a smile to Your face. Teach me the power of a thankful heart. I know that Your truth dwells in a thankful heart.“I will give thanks to the LORD because of His righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High. O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens” (Psalm 7:17-18:1). In Jesus’ name, amen.
Together in the Harvest,
Intercessors Arise International
International House of Prayer Kansas City (IHOP-KC)
What are you thankful for today? Join our large praying community in the comments below and experience the joy and praise that comes from many lifting thanks to God!
This article is part of our larger Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can’t find the words to pray.
Prayer for Healing
Prayer for StrengthPrayer for ProtectionMorning PrayersGood Night PrayersSerenity PrayerA Birthday PrayerSinner’s PrayerPrayer for ForgivenessPrayer for GuidanceIntercessory PrayerPrayer for PeacePrayer for FaithPrayer for Love
Now available is our new Daily Prayer devotional! An easy way to find start your day with prayer, read today’s prayer and sign up to receive by email.
Living with gratitude brings peace to your heart. The grateful person needs and desires little. When you are thankful, you already have what you need. You feel satisfied and content.
Explore in your heart how much you have to be thankful for. Let your thankfulness nourish your relationship with God.
More Prayers Ask for prayer
Want to help keep this site online? Learn about our Patron program and its benefits.
Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God, and he who loves is born of God and knows God.He who does not love does not know God; for God is love.In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him.In this is love, not that we loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the expiation for our sins.Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.No man has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.
1 John 4:7-12
Has this site blessed you? Learn about our patron program.
Give yourself or a friend our most cherished prayers in a pocketbook version…