Since the time in the Garden of Eden when Adam and Eve disobeyed God there has been sickness on earth. Sometimes we suffer from a common cold virus or maybe we are sick with a more serious disease. Regardless of the type of sickness; there are many Bible verses for the sick. Here are just 20 comforting scriptures that I hope brighten your day or the day of a loved one who is sick.
God Promised and Healed Before; He can do it Again
Deuteronomy 7:15 And the Lord will take away from you all sickness, and none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which you knew, will he inflict on you, but he will lay them on all who hate you.
Exodus 23:25 You shall serve the Lord your God, and he will bless your bread and your water, and I will take sickness away from among you.
Psalms 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.
Psalms 105:37 (KJV) He brought them forth also with silver and gold: and there was not one feeble person among their tribes.
Psalms 107:20 He sent out his word and healed them, and delivered them from their destruction.
Jeremiah 30:17 For I will restore health to you, and your wounds I will heal, declares the Lord, because they have called you an outcast:‘It is Zion, for whom no one cares!’
Matthew 12:15 Jesus, aware of this, withdrew from there. And many followed him, and he healed them all
Matthew 14:14 When he went ashore he saw a great crowd, and he had compassion on them and healed their sick.
Acts 10:37-38 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; 38How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
God is the One who Heals
We must remember that when we pray for the sick we are offering intercessory prayer to God. However, God is still the Master Healer and the Great Physician and He will or will not heal those whom He will or will not heal. Listen the the song below as you continue to read the rest of the verses here, you will be blessed by Don Moen as he sings “Heal me O Lord”.
Sometimes God Brings us Down to Get our Attention
Jonah 1:17; 2:1; 2:10 17Now the LORD had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights… 2:1Then Jonah prayed unto the LORD his God out of the fish’s belly… 2:10And the LORD spake unto the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land.
John 11:41-45 So they took away the stone. And Jesus lifted up his eyes and said, “Father, I thank you that you have heard me. 42 I knew that you always hear me, but I said this on account of the people standing around, that they may believe that you sent me.” 43 When he had said these things, he cried out with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out.” 44 The man who had died came out, his hands and feet bound with linen strips, and his face wrapped with a cloth. Jesus said to them, “Unbind him, and let him go.” 45 Many of the Jews therefore, who had come with Mary and had seen what he did, believed in him,
Acts 9:1-9 But Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest 2 and asked him for letters to the synagogues at Damascus, so that if he found any belonging to the Way, men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem. 3 Now as he went on his way, he approached Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven shone around him. 4 And falling to the ground he heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?” 5 And he said, “Who are you, Lord?” And he said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. 6 But rise and enter the city, and you will be told what you are to do.” 7 The men who were traveling with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one. 8 Saul rose from the ground, and although his eyes were opened, he saw nothing. So they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus. 9 And for three days he was without sight, and neither ate nor drank.
2 Corinthians 1:8-11 For we do not want you to be unaware, brothers, of the affliction we experienced in Asia. For we were so utterly burdened beyond our strength that we despaired of life itself. 9 Indeed, we felt that we had received the sentence of death. But that was to make us rely not on ourselves but on God who raises the dead. 10 He delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will deliver us again. 11 You also must help us by prayer, so that many will give thanks on our behalf for the blessing granted us through the prayers of many.
Sometimes He Heals the Sick through the Gifts and Prayers of Others
Matthew 10:1 And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.
Mark 16:15 And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.
Luke 9:1 Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.
Acts 14:3 Long time therefore abode they speaking boldly in the Lord, which gave testimony unto the word of his grace, and granted signs and wonders to be done by their hands.
Acts 28:8 And it came to pass, that the father of Publius lay sick of a fever and of a bloody flux: to whom Paul entered in, and prayed, and laid his hands on him, and healed him.
Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
James 5:15-16 And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. 16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.
The Holy Bible, King James Version
The Holy Bible, English Standard Version
“Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version® (ESV®), copyright © 2001 by Crossway, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.”
YouTube video: “Heal me O Lord” by Don Moen
Would you like to get the daily question in your FB messenger? Just click the button below to get started.
Share this post
: | | | |
Updated on November 26, 2018
If you’re not quite sure how to wish someone a speedy recovery, I have you covered. Read on for get-well-soon messages and inspiration! How to Wish Your Friends and Loved Ones a Healthy, Speedy Recovery
Figuring out what to write in a get-well-soon card to a best friend who is sick or recovering from an illness can take lots of time and thought. Of course, you feel bad upon hearing the news of the person’s ill health, but telling them that will only do so much. Finding encouraging and comforting words that will renew their hope of healing is much more helpful, but that can be difficult.
If you don’t know what to write in a card to wish him or her well, then use one (or more) of the suggestions from my list that best suits your feelings for someone who is sick or recovering from an illness. You’ll find plenty of ideas and inspiration from the samples below to help you write your own unique get-well-soon wishes.
Not sure what to say in your get-well card? Including a quote is always a nice touch. Get Well Soon, Health, and Recovery Quotes
If your card doesn’t already have a message inside, consider including a quote. This is a nice way to round out your message in a meaningful way. Below, you will find a selection of quotes that range from funny to profound to choose from.
- “The is one consolation in being sick; and that is the possibility that you may recover to a better state than you were ever in before.” —Henry David Thoreau
- “If knowing that someone really cares, helps healing along its way then I hope you now feel better and keep improving, day by day.” —John Bratton
- “You have a cough? Go home tonight, eat a whole box of Ex-Lax – tomorrow you’ll be afraid to cough.” —Pearl Williams
- “I reckon being ill as one of the great pleasures of life, provided one is not too ill and is not obliged to work till one is better.” —Samuel Butler
- “Thinking of you and praying for you for a fresh touch from the Lord, so you will get well and be strengthened again to be whole and completely restored.” —M.S. Lowndes
- “A bad cold wouldn’t be so annoying if it weren’t for the advice of our friends.” —Kin Hubbard
- “If I had my way, I’d make health catching instead of disease.” —Robert Ingersoll
- “An apple a day keep the doctor away.” —Spanish Proverb
- “The treatment is really a cooperative of a trinity—the patient, the doctor and the inner doctor.” —Ralph Bircher
- “Be careful when reading health books; you may die of a misprint.” —Mark Twain
- “I wonder why you can always read a doctor’s bill and you can never read his prescription.” —Finley Peter Dunne
Sending your sick friend or loved one a get-well-soon card is a sure way to bring a smile to their face, no matter how poorly they’re feeling. Get Well Soon Messages for a Sick Friend or Loved One
- I was heartbroken when I heard you were ill. I wish you a speedy and full recovery from your illness. Get well soon!
- I’m missing you so much. Please don’t forget to take your medications as prescribed for you so that I can see you again soon. I wish you a speedy recovery.
- Take this token from me, a basket full of love and happiness from someone who cares very much about you. I wish you fast healing from your illness and sound health for all the years to come. Please get well soon!
- Rest well and remember to take your prescribed medications so you can get back on your feet soon. I wish you a speedy recovery, my friend.
- We are all worried about you. Your ill health has been a big blow to your family, friends, and colleagues and loved ones. We are missing you. Please, get well soon!
- Being ill can feel so unfair, but I hope you know how many people are out there thinking of you and sending healing thoughts your way. I know I am! Feel better soon, my friend.
- I was so sorry to hear you’re unwell, my friend. I hope you’ve been getting plenty of rest and relaxation, and that you’ll be back to 100% soon. Until then, know that I’m thinking of you and sending positive, healing thoughts your way!
Your get-well card doesn’t need to be too long—no matter what, your friend will be happy to hear from you and know you’re thinking of them.
- Please accept this special gift from me and know that you are not alone on your sickbed. I wish you a fast and miraculous recovery.
- May you bounce back to your usual self soon! I wish you a speedy and full recovery.
- Sending you well wishes today, and hoping to see you back on your feet soon.
- I wish you comfort, good health, happiness, and a fast recovery. May you enjoy sound health for many years to come!
- Sending well wishes to you and hoping to see you back on your feet soon. I’m missing you.
- Wishing you all the best with your recovery. And may you enjoy many more years with good health.
- Sending you well wishes and hoping they will put a smile back on your lovely face. Get well soon!
- I was so sorry to hear you were ill. If there is anything I can do to help, do let me know. Here’s wishing you a blissful, speedy recovery, happiness, and good health to enjoy for the rest of your life.
- I hope to see you bounce back to your usual life soon. You’re such a wonderful friend, and I hate seeing you under the weather. Get better soon!
- Having fun and enjoying happiness is not the same without you. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery from your illness.
Messages for Someone in the Hospital Recovering From Surgery
- Your continued stay in the hospital has made everyone heartsick at home. I wish you a quick recovery so we can have fun together again.
- Having you by my side every day makes me happy, so the longer you stay in the hospital, the more unhappy I become. Here’s wishing you a speedy and full recovery, my friend!
- I’m thinking about you during this difficult time and sending healing thoughts your way. I hope the medications the doctors are giving you are providing some relief from the pain. And I’m praying for your miraculous healing, speedy recovery, and continuing sound health. Get better soon, my wonderful friend!
- Your stay in the hospital is tearing me apart. You are always remembered in my prayers. Please, get well soon!
- Sweetheart, I can’t stay at home alone. If the doctor would allow me, I would stand by your sickbed until you get better. I wish you a miraculous and fast recovery.
- We are happy to hear that you are responding well to your treatment. May you have many more years of good health! Sending our warmest wishes for your speedy recovery. We love you.
It’s hard to see your sweetheart feeling under the weather, but writing them a kind note will make both of you feel better. Get Well Soon Messages for Your Spouse or Significant Other
- Life at home has been less happy since you were confined to your sickbed. Sweetheart, please get well soon!
- It breaks my heart to see you feeling so poorly, my love. Please get well soon so that I can see that smiling face of yours once again!
- I hope you will be feeling better soon, darling. Until then, let your humble servant know if you require soup or snuggles. It’s been said that both have healing properties!
- I was so bummed to hear you were feeling sick, babe. Let me know if there’s anything I can do to make you feel better. I’ll do whatever it takes to bring a smile to your face!
- I’m so sorry you’re feeling sick, darling. Know that I’m here to take care of whatever you need. I love you!
- No matter how brightly the sun is shining, I just can’t feel happy when you’re sick. So rest up and get better already so we can have fun together again! Hoping you feel like yourself again soon, babe.
Sending your thoughts and prayers to a sick friend or loved one can do wonders to help them recover. Get Well Wishes and Prayers for a Friend or Loved One
- Seeing you on your sickbed makes me sad. I pray God will grant you good health today and the years to come. I wish you a full recovery from your illness.
- Doctors try their best, but God heals. I pray for you every day to get well soon.
- My prayer is that God will heal you miraculously from your illness so that we can share good times once more. Wishing you a speedy recovery, my dear friend.
- I’m eager to see you well again. Every day I pray to God to grant you sound health so you can get back on your feet soon.
- Each day, I ask God to grant you strength and I pray you will soon get over this sickness. Just keep in mind that you are not alone, but surrounded by people who care about you. I will keep praying for your quick and full recovery. Get well soon!
- I hope to see you feeling hale and hearty again soon, and I wish you sound health today and years to come. Feel better, my friend.
- Your ill health has taken away our fun and happiness. We wish you were here with us and not on that sickbed that has kept you away from your friends and colleagues. We wish you a speedy and full recovery from your illness.
- This card is from your friends, who all wish you a full and speedy recovery. We miss having you around! Get well soon, .
- My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. You’re not alone, and I hope to see you return to your healthy life soon. May God heal you soon and make you feel better to enjoy your life!
- These flowers represent my love for you. I hope they will show you just how much I care about you! I will continue to pray for your speedy recovery. Get well soon!
© 2014 Oyewole Folarin