- 1 Scriptural prayer for safe delivery and a healthy pregnancy
- 2 Prayer for a Woman in Labour at Childbirth
- 3 Bible verses you can use to pray for yourself and the baby
- 4 Loving Heavenly Father, creator of all things, Your Word says You created all things through Jesus Christ and You made all things good and perfect. You give life to all things. I thank You, that we all have conceived by Your grace and mercy. The baby(ies) in our womb is Your creation, thank You for Your precious gift.
Scriptural prayer for safe delivery and a healthy pregnancy
March 29, 2011 by Hellen
Loving Heavenly Father, creator of all things, Your Word says “1You created all things through Jesus Christ and 2You made all things good and perfect.” 3You give life to all things. I thank You, that I have conceived by Your grace and mercy. The baby in my womb is Your creation, thank You for Your precious gift.
Cover me, the baby in my womb and my family members with the holy and precious blood of Jesus. I forgive all who have hurt me and rejected me in any manner.
Protect me, my baby and my family members from all evil and dangers. 4 You are our refuge and our fortress. 5 For You, Lord, will give Your angels charge over us. My God, in You I put my trust. During this time of waiting, help me to guard this new life carefully and do nothing to hurt it in any way.
Lord, Your word also says, 6 “Truly You have formed my innermost being. You have woven me in my mother’s womb. “According to Your Word, let my baby grow normally with all its requirements fulfilled. Take away all complications from my baby and me. Grant me and my baby good health. 7 Lord, let my baby be perfect as You are perfect.
Lord Jesus, You be present with me during all this time this baby grows and comes into this world. Lord Your Word says “8 Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I sanctified you. Please grant me a safe and normal delivery. Take away all blocks and barriers that are hindering this blessing in my life. Lord I also pray that You lead all pregnant women who are reading this prayer to safe and normal delivery. All this I ask in the name of Jesus, who is Lord of Life, now and forever. Amen.
9 Shall I bring to the time of birth and not cause delivery?” says the LORD. “Shall I who cause delivery shut up the womb? says Your God.
Scripture References: 1- Romans 11:36, 2 – James 1:17, 3 – 1Timothy 6:13, 4- Psalm 91:2, 5 Psalm 91:11, 6 Psalm 139:13, 7- Matthew 5:48, 8- Jeremiah 1:5, 9- Isaiah 66:9
Prayer for a Woman in Labour at Childbirth
O Lord God Almighty, Creator of all things and Giver of knowledge to mankind; Who fashioned the body of man from the earth and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, granting him Your blessings, that he might increase and multiply by means of the birth of children: We fervently entreat You Who loves mankind to bless this Your servant, N., who is with child, granting her help and comfort at this trying time. Ease her labour and bring her to a safe delivery. Yes, O Lord, open the treasury of Your mercies and Your compassion to her, and let her give birth to a fruitful vine to be a cause of joy to her all the days of her life. For You are blessed, together with Your Only-begotten Son, and Your Most-holy, Good and Life-creating Spirit, now and forever. Amen.
Updated: 6 months ago
Category: Ask Naij
As a believer, praying for a safe delivery and a healthy baby is very important because the Bible instructs us to commit everything we do into God’s hands. This articlennjnjj on prayers for safe delivery will give you some guidance in praying towards the safety of the mother and unborn child during this important process.
One of the most difficult periods for pregnant women is the delivery process. The nine months of pregnancy comes with a lot of stress both emotional and physical. The hours of labour and delivery are very important. The contractions, the pain and possibility of a surgery are all dreaded by expectant mothers. But all these are nothing compared to the joy that comes after when they hold their babies in their hands. That is why immediately after the delivery all a mother wants is to hear the cry of her baby and know that the baby is okay.
Giving birth is not easy. Expectant mothers face a lot of anxiety especially as the date they are due for delivery draws near. Some of these fears include:
- Fear of the pain they will go through and if they are strong enough to handle it and push it through.
- How long might it take?
- What if the baby is not okay? What if she or he will have life-threatening complications?
- Fear of tearing.
- Fear of the unknown among many other things.
But instead of submitting to these fears, you can follow what the Bible says in 1 Peter 5 vs 7:
“Casting all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you.”
READ ALSO: Debate: a male child is more beneficial than a female child in Nigeria
Here is a simple prayer for pregnant women as they draw closer to their due date:
- Father, I thank You for this baby growing inside of me. I thank You because this is a gift from You because the Bible says that children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward from You. Based on Your word in Psalms 139 verse 13 which says that You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb, I believe You have been in charge of the development of this baby from day one. I thank you because You are forming every part of his/her body, every system in his/her body, every cell and tissue to the perfection of Your image. I thank You because this baby is growing without any complications. I thank You also for the strength to carry this pregnancy. Father as I approach my day of delivery I commit myself and my baby into Your hands. I pray for strength and endurance from the first contraction till the delivery of the baby and the placenta. Father as I go into labour, I pray that You will give me the strength to push the baby out on time in Jesus Name. Lord, the pain of labour is as a result of the curse on man because of sin but now that I am in the new covenant in Christ Jesus, I pray that I will experience Your grace and mercy as I labour to deliver this baby in Jesus Name. This delivery will be without complications. The baby will come out strong and healthy. And at the end of it all, I will come out smiling, rejoicing and praising You for the new joy that has come to this world through me in Jesus Name. Amen.
Bible verses you can use to pray for yourself and the baby
- “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward.” – Psalm 127:3
- “You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank You for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvellous—how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.” – Psalm 139:13-16
- “Yet You brought me safely from my mother’s womb and led me to trust You at my mother’s breast. I was thrust into Your arms at my birth. You have been my God from the moment I was born.” Psalm 22:9-10
- “The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.” – Psalm 18:2
- “Come to me, all you who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” – Matthew 11:28
- “Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9
- “From the end of the earth, I will cry to you, when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.” – Psalm 61:2
- “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you plans to give you hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11
- “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” – John 14:27
- “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” – Isaiah 41:10
- “For I, the Lord your God will hold your right hand, saying to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you.’ ” – Isaiah 41:13
You can use some of the verses above to raise more prayer points for safe delivery. You can pray them every day before the day you are due for delivery. You can also use this to pray when you begin to feel the first contraction or before you go into full labour. We wish you and your baby good health.
READ ALSO: Effective prayer points for your kids
Subscribe to watch new videos
SUBSCRIBE TO WATCH NEW VIDEOS EVERYDAY
Loving Heavenly Father, creator of all things, Your Word says You created all things through Jesus Christ and You made all things good and perfect. You give life to all things. I thank You, that we all have conceived by Your grace and mercy. The baby(ies) in our womb is Your creation, thank You for Your precious gift.
Cover us, the baby in our womb and our family members with the Holy and Precious Blood of Jesus. We forgive all who have hurt us and rejected us in any manner.
Lord, guard this life that you have created and protect the mother/father God has chosen for this child, family members from all evil and dangers. You are our refuge and our fortress. For You, Lord, will give Your angels charge over us. My God, in You we put our trust. During this time of waiting, help us to guard this new life carefully and do nothing to hurt it in any way.
Lord, Your word also says, Truly You have formed my innermost being. You have woven me in my mothers womb. According to Your Word, let my baby grow normally with all its requirements fulfilled. Take away all complications from our baby and us. Grant us good health.
Lord Jesus, remain present with us all this time our baby grows and come into this world. Your Word says Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I sanctified you. Please grant us all from this day forward a healthy pregnancy and normal delivery. Take away all blocks and barriers that could hinder this blessing in our lives. Lord I also pray that You lead all pregnant women who are reading this prayer to safe and normal delivery. All this We ask in the name of Jesus, who is Lord of Life, now and forever. Amen.
“Shall I bring you to the time of birth and not cause delivery?” says the LORD