May these relationship prayers help you to build a full, healthy, and warm relationship with your significant other, or help you find romance.
We also provide links for prayers to help you with other relationships.
Prayer to Heal a Relationship
“Almighty God, hear this prayer.”
Dear Lord, I offer you this prayer, to help me with my current relationship situation. Please take away all the pain and hurt in my heart. Fill it with love, joy, patience, and understanding.
Bless me and my partner, so that we may never surrender to whatever challenges that come our way. Fill our hearts with love for each other, and may you make each one of us realize each other’s worth. Please touch the heart of my partner,fill it with much love for me.
Make our complicated relationship become uncomplicated. I seek for your mercy and blessing that you may allow us to spend the rest of our lives with each other. Please make this feeling mutual for both of us. Lead us not into temptations. Guide us wherever we go. Always put us in each other’s heart and mind. Thank you Lord for hearing my prayer.
I love you. Amen.
Table of contents
Rekindling a Relationship
Miscommunication in a Marriage
Dear Lord, you know what path I am on right now and that I am in agony. I am having a disharmony in my married life. You have instituted marriage since You found that it is not good for man to be alone.
I deeply believe that You have given me this person to love and to hold for the rest of my days. The Bible has taught me that a threefold cord is not quickly broken. Come and be with us, Lord, for only You can make two broken hearts understand each other. You are the King of Peace and I know You are able to change any sad situation in my life.
Father, I know it is Your will that we should lead a loving and peaceful life with one another. Hear me, dear god, to fill us both with more love and to understand each other better to bring unity to our relationship. Help me become more understand to my partner’s needs and feelings.
Grant me wisdom that I may know how to deal with this unlikely situation so I can build a house in Your glory. In Jesus’ name I pray, O Lord. Amen.
Read: Prayers for Forgiveness
Prayer for Family Unity
Dear God, thank you for the gift of family that you have given me. You know my heart hurts because of the disharmony in my family. I have lost my peace and my health because of the messy situation in our home.
I have no one to turn to but You, Lord. You alone can understand the hearts of Your followers as You have created each and every one of us. Only You can bring together the hearts of Your men together. Help me forgive other family members, O Lord. Let my family not defile Your name by this disunity. Help us forgive one another of the mistakes we have done to each other and bring us back together in Your name, Father God.
Fill each one of us with your love and understand so we can fully exalt Your name in glory. I know that you will bring back the peace and unity that was once present in our home. I ask this in the precious name of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Amen.
Prayers for Finding Love
Finding someone to love can be difficult. This prayer will help guide you on the path to true love.
Prayer to Find a Companion
“Almighty God, hear this prayer.”
Almighty God, hear this relationship prayer.
As You are first in my heavenly heart and mind and spirit,
so do I desire a companion for my earthly heart and mind and being.
Guide me to the partner You know is perfect for me.
Help me walk in faith until that time of our first meeting.
Show me how I can become a partner worthy of love.
Then guide me through every stage of our relationship, so that,
as we move ever closer to You, we grow closer to each other in Love, in Joy, and in Faith.
Thank You God, for hearing my prayer.
Prayer to Find a Life Partner
Heavenly Father, You created this world and all its inhabitants. You found that man is not good to be alone. I pray this to You, O Lord, that I am in need of a partner for my life.
You have showed us in the Bible that finding the right partner made numerous couples live a happy life. Bless me, Father, that I may build a family like theirs. I believe, Lord, that You do not deny Your children their joy and happiness.
I pray that the loneliness in my heart will be gone soon. I pray this to You, O Lord. Amen.
Scripture About Relationships and Love
“There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.”
See what the Bible has to say about it, check out these Bible Verses about Relationships, and Bible Verses about Love.
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Prayer for Relationship and Prayer Request”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- For my life to be blessed- I would like to be assisted by pray to get a serious relationship partner. …
- Family and relationships- I want God to bring love into my family and bless me with a good man who will marry me someday. …
- Employment,relationship- Need job that can be connected to the work of God and help me grow in the things of God. Also I need a godly… …
- Sons- My prayer is for my sons and grandsons to be happy, healthy and wealthy. May they find their way in life unhindered and be shown… …
- Break insecurity- Dear God help me to be strong and remove any insecurity I have in my heart soul and mind. Help me to let go and… …
- Santification- Get closer to God. …
- Relationship and health- I pray that you would stand in the gap for this request, I am a widow and been in a relationship for 3 years and… …
- My love- Please bring him back to me lord Oh lord please bring us back to one another I’m in pain I’m missing him and I think… …
- Someone To Love- I’m asking for someone that will love me unconditionally for a lifetime. I want to experience that type of love. Amen …
- Life long companion- Dear God, Thank you for all the blessing bestowed upon me and for the loving family that I have. I pray that you help me… …
- Trust of love- Praying that God shows me a sign or gives me strength to believe and trust in the man that says he loves me. For he… …
- Prayer for Kirin- I have a granddaughter who is transgender and expresses suicidal thoughts way too often. My prayer is for Kirin to be filled with the Holy… …
- Relationship direction- I meer a good man 3mnths ago? A divorcee,he said he want a baby, yet we havnt tlkes abt dowry, l dnt want to be… …
- Love of my life- I just feel the love myself Angela had is really in trying time now I wish you could help me with prayers so we could… …
- Prayer for boyfriend to return to me- Dear Heavenly Father I thank you for all the blessings in my life.Father my mate has abandoned me again, like he always does when we… …
- Move pass unhealthy relationship and break any soul ties- Please pray that my heart will really let go of unhealthy relationship that i have had on and off for five years. That I won’t… …
- Precious lord help me- Please god i see so many prayers on here for people hurting and losing loves. I am not going to post a prayer for me… …
- Let him see the light- I prayed my boyfriend of 6 years who we live together in the same house and have a daughter, that he see the important of… …
- Forgiveness- Please pray for my husband and good friend Bo. I hurt his feelings with harsh words out of my mouth. I have sincerely repented to… …
- My husband and i’ll married only 6 yrs later in life- My husband and iI married only 6 yrs later in life. Since first week we have made many scarson our relationship. He was raised not… …
More prayers posted in: Devotional
Prayer for relationship Strengthening, Restoration and Guidance. Our relationships with friends, family, coworkers, and colleagues shape our lives. We demonstrate our love for people with communication, time spent together, patience, and compassion.
When we move to a new town, start a new job, or attend a new school, we can feel lonely and disconnected, we feel like we lost something very important. Simply put, we all want to belong.
According to Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, after human’s basic needs (physiological and safety) are met, humans need to feel secure in intimate relationships and friendships (MacLeod, 2016). That’s why we need prayer for relationship strengthening, restoration, an guidance.
That’s because God designed us to live and work in community. Have you stopped to think about the Greatest Commandment? (Matthew 22:34-40) It boils down to “Love God and love others as yourself”.
Praying about our needs
Prayer is communication with God. We can talk with Him at any time – all we have to do is speak His name! 1 John 5:14 – “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us”.
This also means that we can talk to Him when we feel lonely, a need for connection! God hears and answers prayer for relationship strengthening, restoration and guidance.
Putting it into Practice Prayer for Relationship Strengthening, Restoration, and Guidance
How can be put prayer for relationship strengthening, restoration and guidance into practice? (I mean, how often are we told, “Just pray about it” but not given some kind of guidance?) I suggest following these steps:
- Begin with Praise.
- Ask God to bring people into your path.
- Ask God to protect you from people who aren’t in His will for Your life.
- Thank Him.
1. Begin with Praise
When you pray, begin by thanking God for what He has given you or done for you. Not sure where to start? I find myself saying:
God, I praise You and thank-you because You have given me hope and a future. You love me enough to extend the gift of underserved grace through Your Son, Jesus.
Doing this puts our hearts in line with His. If you’re not sure where to start, meditate on Psalm 145.
2. Ask God to bring people into your path
Like I said, before, prayer is our opportunity to communicate with God. I love that I can be honest with Him:
Lord, I am feeling lonely. I need some friends to connect with! Please restore my lost relationships with my friends. Please bring people who can be solid friends into my life.
This is the time when prayer for relationship really comes into play. What characteristics are you looking for in a friend?
3. Ask God to protect you from people who aren’t in His will for Your life
A friend in college told me about prayer and, at first, I thought it was odd. But I believe it fits here as we’re talking about prayer for relationship. My friend shared with me that when she started praying this, she saw man she was interested in dating get redirected to different classes, jobs, or even schools.
I’ve said this prayer many times and people (even other Christians) have moved on from my life. It’s hard to understand why things happen, but this prayer has given me peace that God has an active and loving hand in my life.
Lord, You are a God of love and You protect Your children. Give me wisdom regarding the people I come in contact with. Lord, give me guidance and please protect me from people who are not in Your will for my life.
4. Thank Him
When I think about God’s character, I am reminded that God is always motivated by love.
God, thank You that You listen whenever we call Your name. Thank You for what You provided me with today . You are a loving Father and I am grateful! Amen!
I know that He will answer prayers in His time and He will meet all my needs. I love to meditate on this verse when I need a reminder: “Do not be about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” (Philippians 4:6 )
What are the fruits of the prayer?
The Lord is faithful and He is always looking out for our best interest. God will bring people into your life to meet your relationship needs. When that happens, remember to thank Him for His demonstration of love.
Also read: PRAYER OF FAITH – Faithful Examples in the Bible
Life is about relationships and connections. Some relationships are shortlived, while others vary to some degrees of permanency. However, they all have a common denominator and it is none other than relationship prayers. A prayers for relationships can help you receive the Lord’s counsel on how to deal with your husband/wife, family, friends, coworkers and acquaintances. Use this prayer for love relationship guidance and insight on how to improve your relationships with the people around you.
Relationships between neighbors, family members, couples, coworkers, children and friends can be fulfilling and rewarding. However, they can also be challenging at times. A lot of people say that challenges are normal in a relationship and they can even strengthen the relationship more. Only God can give you sound counsel in His word on how to deal with your relationships. A prayer for relationship can help you achieve peace of mind, forgiveness and understanding you need in order to maintain a good relationship with other people.
Whenever you say a prayer, ask Him to help you see the good in your relationships and to be generous with your love. It is right to ask God to replace your hostility with understanding and forgiveness. The Lord will always remind you to be honest about your faults or mistakes. By saying a prayers for relationships, He will help you draw from your peace whenever you are overcome with anger, frustration or hurt. He knows your heart and conscience. Uttering a prayer daily can give you understanding and patience to bear the disagreements.
You are only human. Even if you pray to God everyday, there are times when being human overpowers you. This may happen, however, the Lord will always be there to guide and understand you. In fact, 1 Peter 5:67 says, “Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” This means whenever you are anxious about your relationship, allow God to help you.
Never forget to say a prayer whenever you have problems about your relationship with your partner, father/mother, sister, brother, friend, coworker, or neighbor. Relationships are always bound to undergo challenges and problems. Good thing, a prayers for relationships can always rescue you when you feel down, sad and worried. Always remember that God is willing to hear and help you at all times. All you need to do is call upon His precious name.