A Prayer for God’s Provision in Times of Need
By Debbie McDaniel
“And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19
Sometimes the needs in our lives seem to mount up high. Maybe you’re waiting, or have been praying, for help, for a breakthrough. Maybe you feel like it’s been slow in coming, or that you can’t see a way out of your current situation. Maybe the needs seem to far outweigh the reality you’re living in. You’ve lost hope, feel alone in the struggle, and the weight of stress seems too hard to keep shouldering.
Whatever the need – physical, spiritual, financial, emotional, relational – His Truth reminds us that He’s got “this thing,” whatever it is, that concerns you.
He is able.
To provide what you need.
– “And my God will meet (supply, provide for, accomplish, complete)
– all your needs (necessities, tasks)
– according to his glorious (bright, majestic, splendor)
– riches (wealth, abundance) in Christ Jesus.”
Our God who created the entire world and designed you and I with such purpose and intent can provide, will provide, out of His richness, fullness, wealth and treasure, for every single need we have. He gives favor. He lines up our pathways to be in the right place at the right time. He miraculously accomplishes so many things for us every day that we may not even be aware of. And He will bend over backwards just to give to you out of His riches. Whether we realize it or not.
Because He loves us.
We will never out give the richness of God for us. Because His provision is really not based on us. It’s based on His character, and He is Jehovah-Jireh, the God who provides.
Resting there today. Right smack in the middle of His abundance.
Hope you are too.
We thank you that no situation is too far out of your control to provide. For you are Jehovah-Jireh, the God who provides. We thank you that you own it all, and hold everything in your hands. We thank you that you know our needs before we even ask, before we even come to you. You’re aware of all that concerns us, and you have a plan. You hold the provision, you have the solution. You alone can move mountains to make a way for your children. We ask for your answer, in your timing, in your plan, to be given for every need that weighs our hearts down. Forgive us for doubting you, for worrying, and for trying so hard to work everything out on our own. Help us to trust you more, help us in our unbelief. We choose to recognize and to believe that you are Able to accomplish far more, to do far greater, than we even thought possible. We thank you in advance for your miracles, for paving out pathways, for your provision for those who love you. Thank you for the abundance of blessing and goodness you have already stored up. We trust you this day, and every day, and are so grateful for your Power and joy that fills our lives. Thank you for teaching us to be content in all circumstances, we love you Lord, we’re leaning on you,
In Jesus’ Name,
Find more by Debbie at www.debbiemcdaniel.com, Facebook, or Twitter.
Here we are Day 4 of our series on Prophetic Words. If this is your first time reading these prayers, start from the beginning to get the best results. Here is Day 1 – Praying for Release from the Past
Now that we’ve let go of the past, confessed our sins, forgiven those who have wronged us, forgiven ourselves for our own mistakes, broken all
Prayer for financial blessing
the curses we’ve spoken over ourselves and curses spoken by others, prayed for healing of our mind, body, spirit and soul, we are now ready to receive the blessings for the future.
Today we are going to focus on the finances. You will never be able to do the work of the Kingdom if you don’t have the resources, tools and funds to do it.
The first thing you need to recognize is this:
Psalm 50:10 For every animal of the forest is mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills.
Haggai 2:8 ‘The silver is mine and the gold is mine,’ declares the LORD Almighty.
Psalm 24:1 The earth is the LORD’s, and all its fullness,The world and those who dwell therein.
All the money in the world belongs to the Almighty God and He is the One who made man the steward over it. Therefore, if God wants you to have money, you WILL have money because ultimately He owns it all. He can give you favor, connect you with the right people and pour out the money if He so chooses.
Psalm 115:3 Our God is in heaven; he does whatever pleases him.
In order for you to receive what He has for you, reach your fullest potential in ministry and be happy serving the Lord you will first need to look at your motive. Here are some questions you need to ask yourself and you need to be very honest with your answers because this will really clarify why the money is not coming in and where you need to change.
1. Why do you want this money? – You may say to do the work of the ministry, to take care of my family or to give back to others. You need to get specific on this and pray about your reason so that when the money comes into your hands you already know what the Lord wants you to do with it.
2. If the Lord gave you $5 Million tomorrow morning, what would be the first 3 things you would do/buy with that money? – Be Honest with yourself because Jesus already knows what you will do. Think about this carefully and write these 3 things down on a piece of paper. We say one thing with our mouth but in our hearts we desire other things and it is in the heart where we make the decision. Our hearts need to be washed so that we are pure and that all we want to do is worship the Lord with all that we have. Proverbs 4:23 Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. There is a possibility that the 3rd thing you wrote on that piece of paper is more important to the Lord than the 1st thing. God is the one who needs to decide where you spend the money.
3. Why do you want to have a bigger ministry? – Again, this is our heart’s motive. If deep within you you are still trying to convince others that you anointed and chosen by the Lord for ministry then you won’t get any bigger and this could be the reason God won’t bring you the finances. We should desire to please Him and Him alone. It doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks about you as long as you are walking in God’s plan. If you are trying to be Joel Osteen, Joyce Meyer or Reinhard Bonnke and this is your reason for getting the finances then you will need to uproot pride from your heart. Bigger ministry syndrome can also be sign that you are trying to compete with others. A competitive spirit is not from the Lord, this is your flesh. Be the best YOU that the Lord created you to be and don’t compare yourself to others.
James 4:3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.
We are not all going to be famous evangelists with a global audience so we need to be content with where the Lord would place us to do His work. If you are building His Kingdom you should be happy with the position and status that He is giving to you. This is where you will find greatest joy and fulfillment.
1 Corinthians 12:14-26Now the body is not made up of one part but of many. If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body.If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. If they were all one part, where would the body be? As it is, there are many parts, but one body.
The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” And the head cannot say to the feet, “I don’t need you!On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has combined the members of the body and has given greater honor to the parts that lacked it, so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.
You should be happy when others succeed because this is a part of the success of the Body of Christ and you are a part of it. You will need to submit your will and your plans for ministry to Him and ask Him to shape your thinking and heart’s desire and to ensure that you are serving where He would like you to serve.
Another important point that you need to do is pray earnestly about where the Lord would have you use the finances. There are many ministries out there that need your help and to put money into a ministry that the Lord will not bless is not a good thing. He is the one who will guide you on these decisions. If the Lord gives you money and you start giving it to a Christian ministry or using it in a way that He does not want you to then one of the ways He will let you know that is He will dry up the money. Be Prayerful. Pay attention. Make adjustments if you made a mistake and move to where He shows you….Be Prayerful. Pay attention. Make adjustments if you made a mistake and move to where He shows you….Be Prayerful. Pay attention. Make adjustments if you made a mistake and move to where He shows you….and so on and so forth.
Here is a prayer for finances:
Lord God in heaven I come to you humbly asking you to bless me financially. This is not hard for you to do because the earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof. You are Jehovah Jireh the God who provides and I ask you to provide for me, my family and my the ministry which you have given me. I are in need of your help. Lord I ask you to show me the areas in my life where I may not have been a good steward of Your money and I ask that you would bring conviction into my heart by the power of Your Holy Spirit. Show me the areas where I need to improve how I handle your money so that I may honor You by using what You give me in a manner that pleases You. I pray Lord that when I receive this financial blessings that you will send me in the next few days, I will tithe to the ministry that you will call to my mind the amount which You will put in my heart. Lord I know that You are able to supply my needs according to your glorious riches in Christ Jesus. I know that you are the God who gives me the ability to create wealth Lord I ask that you would cause me to have an undivided heart and mind towards you. No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. I know that I cannot serve both You, God, and Money(Luke 16:13). Forgive me if I have misplaced my worship and my focus. Purify my motives. Give me a right view of money. Bless me this day with the blessing that you gave our forefather Abraham. Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! (1Chronicles 4:10). In Jesus Name. AMEN.
Continue with Prayer for Day 5 – Praying for Divine Relationships and Connections
Here are 33 prayer points about favor to declare and meditate on a regular basis.
Note: Please ensure that you demonstrate your faith by taking action, because faith without works is dead (James 2:14-26).
33 prayer points on favour
1. My joy shall multiply today as I receive unlimited favor in the name of Jesus.
2. Nothing will be impossible for me because I am in Christ, and through him, I can do all things (Read – Philippians 4:13)
3. Oh Lord, let your Spirit of lead me to unlimited success and favor this month in the name of Jesus.
4. Let you favor reign in my life today and forever in the name of Jesus.
5. Lord, let me be at the right place at the right time in Jesus name.
6. I dismantle every opposition fighting against me in Jesus name.
7. Those who rejected me will soon open doors for me in the name of Jesus.
8. I receive total favor and victory in the name of Jesus.
9. Wherever I go let your blessing follow me in Jesus name.
10. Holy Spirit direct me into the wonderful things you have in store for me in ‘Jesus’ name. – (Reference – John 16:13)
11. I will succeed and not a fail because Christ dwells richly in me. (Read – Galatians 2:20)
12. God arise and bless all the works of my hands so that your name can be glorified – (Read – Deuteronomy 28:12)
13. Lord, help me to meditate on the Bible day and night so that I can prosper in all things – (Read – Psalm 1:2-3)
14. I now receive clarity on the wonderful opportunities at my disposal in the name of Jesus.
15. Lord bless me so that I can bless my environment in the name of Jesus.
16. Lord bless me so that I can bless the poor, orphans and windows in the name of Jesus. – (Read – James 1:27)
17. Lord, open my eyes to recognise all of the untapped potentials you’ve blessed me with in the name of Jesus.
18. Help me to not take the blessings and favor you’ve blessed me with for granted in the name of Jesus.
19. Oh Lord, deliver me from a mind of procrastination and laziness in the name of Jesus.
20. Oh Lord, dress me up in the garment of favor so that I can expand your Kingdom everywhere I go in the name of Jesus.
21. Father, empower me to be obedient to your Word so that I my life can be prosperous (Read – Joshua 1:8)
22. Every doubt that has become strongholds in my life, be broken down in the name of Jesus.
23. I banish anxiety and stress in my life in the name of Jesus.
24. I reject every attitude of timidity and claim a mind of boldness in the name of Jesus.
25. Any relationships that would sabotage my destiny let it be broken in the name of Jesus.
26. Lord, give me a spirit of excellence so that I can arise in my calling and glorify your name. (Read – Daniel 6:3)
27. Thank you, Lord for answering my prayers.
28. Heavenly father I fully commit my plans into your hands and I trust you will help me to establish them. (Red – Proverbs 16:3)
29. Lord, let your peace that surpasses all understanding saturate my mind, body and soul in the name of ‘Jesus’ (Reference 4:7)
30. God almighty, let success manifest in every area of my life so that your name can be glorified
31. Lord God, I trust you will show me favor wherever I go and wherever I turn in the name of Jesus.
32. I have an assurance and expectation that I will be victorious at the end in the name of ‘Jesus’ – (Reference – Jeremiah 29:11)
33. My God is able to do beyond what I think, ask or imagine. (Read – Ephesians 3:20)
by Thomas (Huntsville AL)
Father I come before you with my faith and action. I specifically ask that you will show up in this prayer Father and lead me to write the right words. I ask you to bless me with this job at GNC. You have given me experience and talents that I can use here for your glory, provision, and blessing!
I am asking that your will, will be done tomorrow at the interview, and your divine favor and blessing would be upon your worker. I ask that scheduling around my other job would be well understood and favorable for me. I ask that anyone who reads this would help in lifting up this request. I would also ask that you would use me here for a season to get where I need to be to get my life in order and that you would forgive me for past mistakes and that are covered under the blood. Bless me and meet me where I need you Father.
Bless me financially and allow your will to be done. I will praise you no matter what happens. I love you father and want to thank you for living me and giving me the strength I need to do this! Please see this and favor me in Jesus name! Thank you, all glory to you Father. In Jesus mighty name, amen and Amen.
Return to Prayers for Employment